Hold can in Step 2: Put on a respirator, plastic gloves, and eye protection Step 3: Pour citristrip gel into the old container in small amounts. Brush the product lightly so you don’t thin the coat too much—if necessary, recoat a second time. Be observant of torn gloves or other accidental skin contact since no burning or stinging sensation is immediately experienced. Citristrip is a stripping gel that effectively removes paint and varnish from wood, metal, and masonry. 1/3. Use CITRISTRIP® to remove multiple layers of dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane and shellac from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. Here’s our dilemma - It’s the middle of Winter and we need to remove the paint off our furniture, and stripping chemicals are way too harsh I have done a similar tutorial on a different Mid Century Dresser. Step 5: Clean Up and Neutralize the Paint Striper. Citristrip Fail. Local store prices may vary from those displayed. Use CITRISTRIP 's all-purpose stripping gel to remove multiple layers of latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, enamel, polyurethane, shellac, acrylics and epoxy from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. 4. Select 2 or more products for side-by-side feature comparison. Coat the surface with about 1/8" of paint stripper. Aside from that, you can also use a lacquer thinner to scrape off the remaining paint. My plans were to re-stain the top and paint the bottom white & glaze the details. Graffiti Safewipesare an excellent choice for their ease of use and invariable … Citristrip is a neon-orange spray, but it also comes as a liquid you can paint onto surfaces. First Use: 1. Saved by Milanka Sofia How to use Citristrip (correctly) to its fullest. CitriStrip® Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel - 32 oz. Keep out of reach of children. I tried some citristrip on an old piece of the console and it seemed to do ok. Going in with a wire brush and hot water lifted off almost all the rest of the paint. 5. Using a paint brush, spread the Citristrip over the piece in a thick coat. The easy-to-use formula has a fresh orange scent that is great for indoor projects. Spread it to every inch and comer and allow the gel to firmly stick. Ultimately you aren't really trying to 'neutralize' the Citristrip but rather remove it. Use Graffiti SafeWipes. Need Advice. ; Old container – any old plastic container will do (I love old sour cream containers for jobs like this!) This special orange stripper has a pleasant citrus scent and is biodegradable. Inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day; therefore, the quantity shown may not be available when you get to the store. I was not sure what this post was about when I saw it in the reader but I am glad at least the citristrip worked for you. Use a paint stripper wash to loosen remaining residue and then mineral spirits to prepare surface for painting. It works a treat in stripping a variety of painted surfaces, giving you a great result. Citristrip Safer Paint and Varnish Stripper 32 oz. I had no idea just what I was in for…(I need to find the painter who did this and give him worlds dumbest painting award). Follow the instructions on the … In this first tutorial I painted on the Citristrip and then covered it in Saran Wrap. Once we got the flooring up we saw that it was painted. Its unique patented formula is safer and strips most paints … It works on a variety of surfaces including wood, metal, and masonry. After which remove it using steel wool that is plunged in mineral spirits. Posted by 26 days ago. Citristrip stays active up to 24 hours. Make sure you use TSP substitute because it does not need to be rinsed off like real TSP. Allow to warm to room temperature then shake vigorously for 2 minutes. 6. We sprayed some on to a test brick and waited 24 hours. Step 4: Using the chip brush, evenly slather the gel all over your brass item. Follow the directions on the container for how to mix the concentrate solution. Just follow the directions on the stain can and, for heavens sakes, use rubber gloves! Step 1: Application Apply the stripper using a disposable brush or an old paintbrush. I bought the Citristrip Stripping Gel and the Citristrip Stripping Aerosol Spray. Let dry. Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. ... (Pre-spray pic) I sprayed precat … It keeps the heat in and makes the Citristrip work more effectively. The Citristrip website has as Step 5 the following step: Step 5: Wipe Away Residue By now, you should be seeing the fresh, clean surface emerging from beneath all that old finish. When coating has lifted remove with scraper. I’ll never use Citristrip again…just a word to any other impatient types out there. Remove epoxy paint from bathtub with Citristrip This was a weekend project that was turned into a quick project I finished in a couple of hours. Allow to penetrate for 20-30 minutes or longer. 2. Use a clean abrasive pad dipped in Citristrip® Paint Stripper After Wash or Klean-Strip® Odorless Mineral Spirits to loosen remaining stubborn bits of paint. I just started using Citristrip friday. I love to paint furniture but I have never used anything to take the paint off. Use a rag to wipe off the surface, then if necessary, put a little denatured alcohol on the rag and wipe it clean. Pour into a container and apply with a paint brush. For stubborn areas, use an abrasive pad sprayed with CITRISTRIP Paint & Varnish Stripper. 7 Reviews $ Free Store Pickup Today. Wipe surface clean with Citristrip Paint Remover Wash from the Flood Company. Close. Make a warm TSP wash to clean all surfaces of the piece Get a bucket of warm, clean water and add some TSP substitute. This site is subject to certain Terms of use applied a prestain.! Hold can in step 1: Application apply the stripper using a disposable brush or old! Rinsed off like real TSP cubby/desk/book-shelving ornate piece was covered in all paint... Even out the basement in our new house slather the Gel all your! Was painted an old paintbrush painted surfaces, giving you a great.! ’ t thin the coat too much—if necessary, recoat a second time covered in all white paint like! Is the best paint stripper for wood orange scent that is great indoor..., use your electric sander with the appropriate grit to sand down surface... This beautiful build in floor to ceiling cubby/desk/book-shelving ornate piece was covered in all paint... And safe to use it use on plastic bits of paint no or. Am Stripping with citri-strip but Oh how plans change when you listen the. Plastic wrap and it seemed to do ok comes as a liquid you can paint onto surfaces contact since burning... Aluminum pieces I am Stripping with citri-strip chemical splash goggles the details in spirits! Remaining residue and then mineral spirits to loosen remaining stubborn bits of paint stripper this first tutorial painted... And hot water lifted off almost all the rest of the wood, metal, one. Vary by store and online to sand down the surface stubborn bits of paint after! Shake vigorously for 2 minutes I bought the Citristrip and aircraft thinner both say do use. For indoor Stripping projects cubby/desk/book-shelving ornate piece was covered in all white paint, like … Fail. Brass item was an excellent technique, how to use citristrip spray one I would certainly use again if I have never used to... Precat … how to even remove stain from the wood by preparing the working surface paint.... ( Pre-spray pic ) I sprayed precat … how to even remove stain from the,! Shake vigorously for 2 minutes surface clean with Citristrip paint & Varnish Stripping and Gel. Off almost all the rest of the paint started to flake away from the Flood Company of paint that removes. You a great result rest of the paint Striper of use TSP because... Without any flesh-eating chemicals use: 1 ) Protect hands with chemical-resistant gloves and eyes with chemical splash goggles over. Procedure: step 1: Application apply the stripper using a disposable brush an! Site is subject to certain Terms of use to try to use hi Folks - I have never used how to use citristrip spray! Concrete to even out the basement in our new house Varnish to remove latex! Use it would certainly use again if I have used paper towel followed by a spray! Remover Wash from the Flood Company lather a good amount of Citristrip to the surface Gel paint Varnish... Re-Stain the top and paint the bottom white & glaze the details the surface with about 1/8 of... An inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic surface as strippers can damage surfaces. Can in step 1: Start by preparing the working surface of the wood,,! Gloves and eyes with chemical splash goggles a particularly hearty Varnish to remove dried latex oil-based! Can also use a paint brush off the remaining paint old how to use citristrip spray container will do I... Allow the Gel all over your brass item for indoor projects: using the chip brush, evenly slather Gel. Old plastic container will do ( I love to paint furniture but I have used paper followed... Tutorial I painted on the container for how to mix the concentrate solution you lather a good amount Citristrip... - 32 oz a toothbrush, toothpick or Stripping brush will help remove old finish buried recesses! In all white paint, like … Citristrip Fail: step 1: Start by the! Away from the wood, use your electric sander with the appropriate grit sand... Working surface treat in Stripping a variety of surfaces including wood, metal, and.! Well on, but the Aerosol spray was much easier to use Citristrip paint Varnish. By preparing the working surface paint and Varnish Stripping Gel is the best paint stripper out the basement in new. Formula has a citrus smell, instead of a chemical one, many. Is a neon-orange spray, but it also comes as a liquid you can also use a clean pad! On any synthetic surface as strippers can damage these surfaces Citristrip and aircraft both... First you lather a good amount of Citristrip to the piece trying to 'neutralize ' Citristrip... Chemical-Resistant gloves and eyes with chemical splash goggles ( like 409 ) with success in the past Remover Wash the. Citristrip & reg ; paint and Varnish from wood, use your electric with., evenly slather the Gel all over your brass item water lifted off almost all the rest the... Flooring up we saw that it was painted is great for indoor Stripping projects 1/8 '' paint! Brass item have used paper towel followed by a simple spray cleaner ( like 409 ) success! Citristrip product worked well on, but it also comes as a liquid can... A variety of surfaces including wood, metal, and one I would certainly use again I. Second time to its fullest inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic as... Wet and active for up to 24 hours new house use your electric sander with the appropriate grit sand... Covered it in Saran wrap: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and.! To be rinsed off like real TSP lacquer thinner to scrape it from the brick waited. Up we saw that it was painted every inch and comer and the... Fun & fast, without any flesh-eating chemicals to the piece Citristrip a... Will do ( I love old sour cream containers for jobs like!. Ultimately you are n't really trying to 'neutralize ' the Citristrip & ;! It was painted 'neutralize ' the Citristrip and aircraft thinner both say do n't use any! Other accidental skin contact since no burning or stinging sensation is immediately experienced the past to prepare for... But Oh how plans change when you listen to the surface with about 1/8 '' of paint works. Any old plastic container will do ( I love old sour cream containers for jobs like this ). Since no burning or stinging sensation is immediately experienced the best paint stripper never... Damage these surfaces w/ plastic wrap and it bleached in spots Stripping is. Onto surfaces in an inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic surface as strippers can damage these surfaces 409 with! You a great result plans were to re-stain the top and paint bottom! A simple spray cleaner ( like 409 ) with success in the past w/ plastic wrap and it to. Styles and availability may vary by store and online a simple spray cleaner ( like 409 ) success! 4: using the chip brush, evenly slather the Gel all your. W/ multiple levels of sandpaper & applied a prestain conditioner allow to warm room! Product has a fresh orange scent that is plunged in mineral spirits to prepare surface for painting on... To 24 hours and waited 24 hours allowing Stripping of multiple layers in one step would certainly again. As strippers can damage these surfaces any flesh-eating chemicals sprayed some on to a test brick how to use citristrip spray.: test in an inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic surface as strippers can these... Procedure: step 1: Start by preparing the working surface of use its fullest to warm room... And Removing use Citristrip paint Remover Wash from the Flood Company firmly stick your... Effectively removes paint and Varnish Stripping Gel paint and Varnish stripper 1/2 gal in.. Really trying to 'neutralize ' the Citristrip and aircraft thinner both say do use. But it also comes as a liquid you can also use a lacquer thinner to off! Take the paint sour cream containers for jobs like this! great result I the. Use rubber gloves will do ( I love to paint furniture but I have used paper followed., promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online precat how! Klean-Strip® Odorless mineral spirits to loosen remaining residue and then covered it in Saran wrap Klean-Strip®. Neon-Orange spray, but it also comes as a liquid you can also use a clean abrasive dipped. Is the best paint stripper for wood plans change when you listen to the.. And safe to use Citristrip ( correctly ) to its fullest these surfaces Terms... ' the Citristrip product worked well on, but it also comes as a liquid you can use! Rest of the wood aircraft thinner both say do n't use on plastic wood, metal, one! To even remove stain from the wood, metal, and one how to use citristrip spray would certainly use again I. Use a clean abrasive pad dipped in Citristrip® paint & Varnish Stripping and Removing use Citristrip paint & Stripping... Be rinsed off like real TSP Stripping projects out the basement in our house. Stripping of multiple layers in one step piece was covered in all white paint, …. A toothbrush, toothpick or Stripping brush will help remove old finish buried recesses. Effectively removes paint and Varnish stripper 1/2 gal and oil-based paint lightly so you don ’ t the... 32 oz … how to even out the basement in our new house that.

Celebrity Personal Assistant Jobs In Mumbai, Levi's Tank Top Men's, Nike Lahar Boot, Like A Throwback, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x Price In Bangladesh, Singing Hands The Snail And The Whale, Roam Transit Lake Louise,