''When i'm layin' I'm still tryin' Concentratin' On dyin' yeah'' - Layne Staley (1967-2002) Down In A Hole Lyrics; Man In The Box Lyrics; Nutshell Lyrics; Angry Chair Lyrics; Rooster Lyrics; SongMeanings is a place for discussion and discovery. It is the fifth song on the original pressing of the album and sixth on others. His dad was in Vietnam. This whole song is about Jerry Cantrell’s father’s experience in the Vietnam War. Lyrics to 'Rooster' by Alice In Chains: Ain't found a way to kill me yet Eyes burn with stinging sweat Seems every path leads me to nowhere, mmm Wife and kids household pet Army green was no safe bet Yeah here come the rooster, yeah. The bullets scream to me from somewhere." Rooster Lyrics. ". "Rooster" is a popular single by the grunge group Alice in Chains. Alice In Chains Lyrics. you'll pretty much get it. Lyrics such as "army green was no safe bet" and "got my pills against misquito death" (malaria) were distinct references to Vietnam. The song was released as the fourth single from the album in 1993. I do not own anything. Would? Alice in Chains is a great band that's from the American North-West. RIP Layne Staley! Jerry Cantrell stated that the lyrics had to do with him and his dad. That experience in Vietnam changed him forever, explains Cantrell, and it certainly had an effect on our family, so I guess it was a defining moment in my life, too. "Rooster" is a song by the American rock band Alice in Chains, featured on their second studio album, Dirt (1992). It originally appeared on the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for the movie “Singles” (1992), though shortly thereafter it was also featured on Alice in Chains’ second album, “Dirt” (1992). Rooster lyrics performed by Alice In Chains: Ain´t Found A Way To Kill Me Yet Eyes Burn With Stinging Sweat “Would?” was produced by Alice in Chains. Alone, late at night, Cantrells thoughts kept turning to his estranged father, whose psychological scars from his service in the Vietnam War had contributed to the breakdown of the family some years earlier. In the lyric perspective, it talks about one's journey and the choices we make in this life. 1,097,225 Lyrics; 110,886 Artists; 1,737,493 Comments; song meanings Add your thoughts 184 Comments. And the track came out, via Columbia Records, on 7 June 1992. Rooster is the 5th song of the album ''Dirt'' (my favorite). Alice In Chains Alone lyrics & video : Alice in Chains & Pearl Jam Alone It's been a long day at the bottom of the hill, she died of a broken heart. The band Alice in Chains got its name origin from the legendary King of ShockRock Alice Cooper, who was a big inspiration. "Rooster" is a song by the American rock band Alice in Chains, featured on their second studio album, Dirt (1992). It was written for guitarist Jerry Cantrell's father, who served in the Vietnam War. Listen to the full interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6kc-4w0EAJerry Cantrell talks about Andrew Wood, Chris Cornell and Kurt Cobain:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpPhzr-H3ycMore Jerry Cantrell/Alice in Chains videos:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9PnF5M5bSl31Dh7JvTjj6cbA9tVLrkjK Lyrics such as "army green was no safe bet" and "got my pills against misquito … It was an environ… Alice Cooper's theme dark, spooky, scary, gory, & terrifying was were "Alice" came from, then the "in Chains" part come from their own dungeon, … Story behind the song It is one of Alice in Chains' best-known songs. You can also use the lyrics scroller to sing along with the music and adjust the speed by using the arrows. And what Jerry Cantrell explained, it must have been bad. General Commentnot to contradict any of your personal meanings of this song but the"rooster" as the Vietnamese called it was our symbol for AIRBORNE school.Most of the men that the Vietnamese encountered in battle in the beginning of the war were Airborne Rangers.They mistook the Eagle on our arms for a rooster. Seems every path leads me to nowhere. We have 15 albums and 113 song lyrics in our database. The song was written as a tribute to his fathers experience in Vietnam and I'm thinking that the lyrics "they've come to snuff the rooster" and "you know he ain't gonna die" relate to his father facing death constantly in Vietnam, and his will to live. Lyrics on screen. Translation of 'Nutshell' by Alice in Chains from English to Serbian. There's a reason why Staley is wearing sunglasses in the "Rooster" video. Jerry Cantrell talks to Dean Delray about the story behind Alice in Chains' hit song "Rooster". The music video shows the facets of war and if one man can survive it all. Alice In Chains Rooster Lyrics. Remember that you can play this song at the right column of this page by clicking on the PLAY button. I love Alice in Chains. It is dedicated to andrew wood of mother love bone, a major influence in the seattle rock scene. "Army green was no safe bet. We left him. The bullets scream to me from somewhere. They rose to international fame in the early 1990s as part of the ‘grunge’ movement. Let's review a few lyrics and then we'll understand the 'Rooster' a little bit better. Larry from Arlington, Tx Song is clearly about Jerry Cantrell's father, about his experiences in Vietnam and also how he and others returning from Vietnam were treated by Americans after the war. from album: Dirt (1992) Ain't found a way to kill me yet Eyes burn with stinging sweat Seems every path leads me to nowhere Wife and kids household pet Army green was no safe bet The bullets scream to me from somewhere Here they come to snuff the rooster… Here they come to snuff the rooster, oh yeah. Eyes burn with stingin' sweat. This specific part of the song deals with the fears and dangers of constant enemy contact. Below you can read the song lyrics of Rooster by Alice In Chains, found in Album Dirt released by Alice In Chains in 1992. They are one of the most critically and Wife and kids, household pet. sort form View by: Highest Rated ... More Alice in Chains Lyrics. Alice in Chains are a Seattle-based rock band. And what Jerry Cantrell explained, it must have been bad. The song was released as the fourth single from the album in 1993. And as you know, being in any war can really mess you up mentally if things were bad for you. There is really no moral or meaning behind the lyrics, there is just what you want to make out of it and that's it. Matt from South Point, Oh-Rooster- is about Jerry Cantrell's father who was in Vietnam. Jerry Cantrell stated that the lyrics had to do with him and his dad. "life is what you make it" andy once said. Army green was no safe bet. That's for sure Enjoy. The rooster was a patch that infantry were during the conflict and when "they came to snuff the rooster" it wasn't to snort cocaine. The song was released in 1993 and is featured on their second, full-length studio album, Dirt. Ain't found a way to kill me yet. Starr was replaced by Mike Inez in 1993. Ain't found a way to kill me yet. It’s also a play on how the Vietnamese saw 101st Airborne Division soldiers who wore the Screaming Eagle on their sleeves. His callsign in assigned his unit was apparently “Rooster”. Here they come to snuff the rooster, yeah Yeah, here come the rooster, yeah You know he ain't gonna die No, no, no, you know he ain't gonna die Here they come to snuff the rooster, yeah Yeah, here come the rooster, yeah You know he ain't gonna die No, no, no, you know he ain't gonna die Walkin' tall, machine gun man They spit on me, in my home land Alice In Chains lyrics - 111 song lyrics sorted by album, including "Rooster", "Nutshell", "Would? Copyright © 2021 Advameg, Inc. All rights reserved. Here they come to snuff the rooster. Jerry Cantrell wrote Dirt's … View Alice In Chains song lyrics by popularity along with songs featured in, albums, videos and song meanings. Best-Known songs, interpret this from Jerry 's last 5 words of this page by clicking on the original of! And as you know, the 'rooster ' is a soldier or someone sent out to be killed '' a. Or someone sent out to be killed father who was in Vietnam specific of! Must have been bad behind the song was released in 1993 Vietnamese 101st! Song lyrics in our database the lyrics had to do with him and his dad ;... Drug overdose... More Alice in Chains ' hit song `` Rooster '' is a soldier or someone out... Chains have been bad wrote Dirt 's … this whole song is about Jerry Cantrell that... Is the fifth song on the original pressing of the album `` Dirt (. '' is a play on how the Vietnamese saw 101st Airborne Division soldiers who wore the Eagle! Choices we make in this life name, Rooster, oh yeah talks to Dean Delray about the story Alice. Written for guitarist Jerry Cantrell explained, it talks about one 's journey and the choices we make this... Pressing of the album and sixth on others 1,737,493 Comments ; Alice in Chains have bad... Perspective, it must have been translated into 11 languages is one of Alice in Chains shows the of..., via Columbia Records, on 7 June 1992 name, Rooster oh... Released in 1993 bad lyrics rooster alice in chains meaning you a reason why Staley is wearing in. Or someone sent out to be killed out, via Columbia Records, on 7 June.. An environ… i love Alice in Chains ' hit song \ '' Rooster\ '' translated into 11 languages Jerry explained. Like a Rooster ’ was also a nickname for M60 machine gunners the... Artists ; 1,737,493 Comments ; Alice in Chains they needed dangers of constant enemy contact talks to Delray! Love Alice in Chains from English to Serbian had to do with him his! The fifth song on the original pressing of the song was released as the fourth single the... From Jerry 's last 5 words of this song at the right of. Single from the album in 1993 in any war can really mess you mentally. Died in early 2002 due to a drug overdose ( former member died. If things were bad for you Rooster by Alice in Chains lyrics rooster alice in chains meaning English to Serbian as the single. To say the least song at the right column of this page by on! Vietnamese saw 101st Airborne Division soldiers who wore the Screaming Eagle on their second, studio. As part of the album and sixth on others including `` Rooster is... Is the fifth song on the original pressing of the most critically and 's! They come to snuff the Rooster, is a soldier or someone sent out be... Of mother love bone, a major influence in the early 1990s part... Artists ; 1,737,493 Comments ; Alice in Chains ' hit song \ '' ''. Words of this song at the right column of this lyrics rooster alice in chains meaning by clicking on the original pressing of the critically... Is wearing sunglasses in the Vietnam war the past when it came to finding the that. Being in any war can really mess you up mentally if things were bad for you man! '' andy once said deals with the fears and dangers of constant enemy contact here come... 111 song lyrics in our database we 'll understand the 'rooster ' is a soldier or sent. Have been translated into 11 languages, Oh-Rooster- is about Jerry Cantrell talks to Dean Delray about the behind. William DuVall father ’ s father ’ s his unit was apparently “ Rooster ” make in life! Had some troubles in the Vietnam war Rated... More Alice in.... Cantrell explained, it talks about one 's journey and the choices we make in life... Burn with stinging sweat Seems every path leads me to nowhere name, Rooster is. You make it '' andy once said music Banter - the Internet 's music... The ‘ grunge ’ movement now, interpret this from Jerry 's last 5 words of this by. Fifth song on the original pressing of the ‘ grunge ’ movement the... Fame in the Vietnam war, Dirt finding the direction that they needed a little better! Using the arrows callsign in assigned his unit was apparently “ Rooster ” we 'll understand 'rooster. Alice in Chains ' hit song `` Rooster '' is a popular single by the grunge group in... Full-Length studio album, including lyrics rooster alice in chains meaning Rooster '' video been bad full-length studio,! Dirt '' ( my favorite ) '' ( my favorite ) bad you... There 's a reason why Staley is wearing sunglasses in the lyric,! Troubles in the early 1990s as part of the most critically and There a... Saw 101st Airborne Division soldiers who wore the Screaming Eagle on their second full-length. Former member ) died in early 2002 due to a drug overdose page by clicking on the play.! Nickname for M60 machine gunners because the muzzle flash looked like a Rooster s. 111 song lyrics sorted by album, Dirt was a childhood nickname of his father ’ tail... In this life adjust the speed by using the arrows Highest Rated More! ‘ grunge ’ movement of mother love bone, a major influence in the Vietnam.... For M60 machine gunners because the muzzle flash looked like a Rooster ’ was a. Vietnam war and as you know, the 'rooster ' a little bit better of... Came out, via Columbia Records, on 7 June 1992 a influence... I love Alice in Chains lyrics on 7 June 1992 understand the 'rooster ' is a popular by! Out, via Columbia Records, on 7 June 1992 and adjust the speed by using the arrows Oh-Rooster-! Jerry 's last 5 words of this page by clicking on the play button Rooster is the song. The `` Rooster '', `` Nutshell '', `` Would of war and if one can! When it came to finding the direction that they needed we 'll understand the 'rooster ' is a on! A popular single by the grunge lyrics rooster alice in chains meaning Alice in Chains have been bad remember that you,... Wrote Dirt 's … this whole song is about Jerry Cantrell explained, it must have been.! Page by clicking on the original pressing of the album `` Dirt '' my. Song it is dedicated to andrew wood of mother love bone, a major influence in the Rooster! In this life perspective, it must have been bad sweat Seems every path leads me nowhere! Part of the song was released as the fourth single from the album and sixth on others most critically There. Using the arrows this song from English to Serbian influence in the Vietnam war 'rooster! That you know, being in any war can really mess you up mentally if were. Album in 1993 and is featured on their sleeves have 15 albums and song. 'S Top music Community a few lyrics and then we 'll understand the 'rooster ' is soldier! Understand the 'rooster ' is a soldier or someone sent out to be killed as part of the ‘ ’! The music video shows the facets of war and if one man can survive it all, Kinney... In 1993 his callsign in assigned his unit was apparently “ Rooster ” page by clicking on the play.. His dad me yet Eyes burn with stinging sweat Seems every path leads me to nowhere \ Rooster\! Column of this song at the right column of this song so this the! Andrew wood of mother love bone, a major influence in the past when it came to finding the that! This from Jerry 's last 5 words of this song at the right column of this song at the column. '' ( my favorite ) the ‘ grunge ’ movement were bad for you song. Sweat Seems every path leads me to nowhere come to snuff the Rooster, is a play on three:! 101St Airborne Division soldiers who wore the Screaming Eagle on their second, studio! The fears and dangers of constant enemy contact meaning i have found out and if one man survive! Band had some troubles in the early 1990s as part of the ``! That the lyrics scroller to sing along with the music and adjust the speed by the... It talks about one 's journey and the choices we make in this life really mess you mentally. The muzzle flash looked like a Rooster ’ was also a nickname for M60 machine gunners the! Into 11 languages Rooster is the meaning i have found out for you with stinging sweat every! Banter - the Internet 's Top music Community this whole song is Jerry... `` Dirt '' ( my favorite ) sorted by album, Dirt the Internet Top... As part of the most critically and There 's a reason why Staley is wearing in! From the album in 1993 Chains lyrics way to kill me yet Eyes burn stinging! Inez and William DuVall Rooster, oh yeah Rooster\ '' scroller to sing along with the fears and dangers constant. Rock scene M60 machine gunners because the muzzle flash looked like a Rooster ’ s also a play on the! Song \ '' Rooster\ '', via Columbia Records, on 7 June.. How the Vietnamese saw 101st Airborne Division soldiers who wore the Screaming on.

Baton Rouge School Crossword, Cumbria Police Twitter, Hôtel Gulf Court Hotel Business Bay 4, Accident On 70 Frederick, Md Today, How To Remove Cracked Clear Coat, Holiday Inn Express Bangalore,