Follow the action on NBA scores, schedules, stats, news, Team and Player news. He was known for his ball-handling abilities. Welcome to Yahoo Fantasy Sports: Skip to Content Skip to Section Navigation. He also had the opportunity to play in the NBA from 1999 to 2010. NBA Debut: February 17, 2000 Are you a Stathead, too? Find out more. “You want to get the best read on their psyche and attitudes when things are going good and bad for ’em,” he said. [2] He is often referred to by his streetball nickname "Skip to My Lou" or "Skip 2 My Lou", a name he received for skipping while he dribbled the ball. Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball in partnership with NBA.com. Draft: Milwaukee Bucks, 2nd round (10th pick, 39th overall), 1998 NBA Draft. Rhythm was a staple of playground ball in Queens, New York, Alston’s hometown. Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball in partnership with NBA.com. Shot location data available for the 1996-97 through 2019-20 seasons. 1976 The world had the opportunity to see who these players were and the talents that they had. Point Guard July 24, WEIGHT 175 lbs / 79.4kg. After player a year with the Stampede, he got his shot at the NBA. Alston continued his basketball career after college and joined the AND1 Mixtape Tour. “Growing up I always studied basketball. More information... Pinterest. Skip to my lou. He played with the Milwaukee Bucks from 1999 to 2002. He was a student of the game and always found ways he can improve his game. He also had the opportunity to play in the NBA from 1999 to 2010. Jamal Crawford est et restera comme l’un des plus gros crosseurs de l’histoire de toute la NBA. © Copyright 2021 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. Rafer Alston aka Skip to My Lou talks about Stan as a coach Posted by Fun Bunch on 10/22/20 at 2:43 pm. Benjamin Cardozo in Bayside, New York, Draft: Overview; Team Stats; Message Board; Email League; Managers; Rosters; Transactions; Record Book; Dues; Settings; Players. But the tour quickly gained attention across the country, and Alston was a popular name. “We had a lot of fun working with And 1 and the product was good,” said Alston. Welcome to Yahoo Fantasy Sports: Skip to Content Skip to Section Navigation. After high school, he played college basketball at Ventura College in California and then transferred to Fresno City College and finished his basketball career at Fresno State University. He struggled early on during his NBA career, but he was able to transition from streetball to the NBA game. Alston, who also went by the name ‘Skip to my Lou,’ was one of the streetball legends during his career. De « Skip 2 My Lou » à Rafer Alston : l’histoire d’une légende du street qui a réussi en NBA Par Nicolas Meichel Publié le 24 juillet 2017 à 13 h 55 min College: Fresno State. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. 21 0. Mock Drafts. basketball Home; League. He had a good career in Houston playing with future Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady. Create a contest View today's … Läntisen konferenssin kärkikamppailussa Rockets kaatoi kotonaan Toyota Centerissä Los Angeles Lakersin 104-92. Streetball is a way of life in New York. Saved by Al Hughes. Regardez Hommage à Rafer Alston aka Skip to my Lou - BasketSession sur Dailymotion I always was watching the game,” Alston said. Également joueur de streetball new-yorkais, on le surnomme Skip to my Lou. He averaged 12.1 points, 6.7 assists, four rebounds, and 1.6 steals at the point guard position. On February 3rd, 2012, it was announced that Rafer Alston, also known by his legendary playground basketball nickname, Skip To My Lou, would return to the professional basketball scene. This was a traveling basketball competition where a group of streetball players would travel across the country and play people from different cities. "Skip To My Lou" NBA-kierroksen tähti. Alston also talked about what he looks for when he’s scouting players. The official site of the National Basketball Association. We present them here for purely educational purposes. “To me, that’s the intriguing part about it. All rights reserved. Alston grew up in Queens, New York, where streetball is very popular. Shoots: Do you have a sports website? In an interview with The Athletic, Alston talked about his transition to becoming a basketball scout. Nba Basketball Aba Sports Hs Sports Sport. Rafer Alston is a name that is widely known in streetball. Player List; League Leaders; Draft Yahoo Fantasy Daily Fantasy. In 2019, Alston became a scout for the Minnesota Timberwolves. "Skip to My Lou" is a popular children's song. The NBA Development League team L.A. D-Fenders, decided to add him to their roster. After playing in Toronto, he joined the Houston Rockets the next season and put up solid numbers. High School: Benjamin Cardozo in Bayside, New York. During his time in the NBA, he played for six different teams. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Home; Draft. He said the habits he developed under Van Gundy greatly contributed to his staying power. Player List; League Leaders ; Draft Yahoo Fantasy Daily Fantasy. Create a contest View today's contests. Alston climbed higher and higher on park courts, peppered with frizzy dribbles and … Skip 2 My Lou: I’ve been playing streetball all my life, man. And1 Streetball Legend and Star Nba point guard for the Houston Rockets. the official stats partner of the NBA. Growing up, he would play at different courts throughout the neighborhood, and he was talented at a young age. Some players like Alston played in college or overseas. Rafer Alston aka Skip to my Lou, vidéo de la légende du streetball mercredi 20 janvier 2021, .. chauffé par Otto le chauffeur de buzz. (Skip 2 My Lou) Position: Point Guard Shoots: Right 6-2, 171lb (188cm, 77kg) Born: July 24, 1976 in New York, New York us. Player List; League Leaders ; Draft Yahoo Fantasy Daily Fantasy. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. HEIGHT 6 ft 1 in / 1.85m. Play-by-play data available for the 1996-97 through 2019-20 seasons. “In Toronto I had a signature shoe, the Skip To My Lou 2 that I wore all year because they felt so good on my feet. Data Provided By 2. Videos of Alston playing in the AND1 Mixtape Tour reached the NBA level, and in 1998 he signed with the Idaho Stampede (now the Salt Lake City Stars) a G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz. During his time in the NBA, he played for six different teams. Welcome to Yahoo Fantasy Sports: Skip to Content Skip to Section Navigation. ▪ Milwaukee Bucks, 2nd round (10th pick, 39th overall), 1998 NBA Draft, More Rafer Alston pages at Sports Reference. Log in. in New York, New York Alston attended Benjamin N. Cardozo High School and graduated in 1994. He lasted 11 seasons in the NBA. Lou Williams bio, stats, and video highlights. Welcome to Yahoo Fantasy Sports: Skip to Content Skip to Section Navigation. With his creative ball-handling abilities and high basketball IQ, Alston had the opportunity to fulfill his dream. Create a contest View today's contests. basketball Home; League. Instant Analysis; Outstanding Trades Player List; League Leaders; Draft Yahoo Fantasy Daily Fantasy. Throughout his NBA career, he averaged 10.1 points, 4.8 assists, and 2.8 rebounds. basketball Home; League. Join our linker program. Alston, who also went by the name ‘Skip to my Lou,’ was one of the streetball legends during his career. You’re almost delving into the minds of players.” Alston has a lot of experience playing basketball, and he continues to impact the game even though he’s done playing. According to Old Town School of Music's Songnotes:. NBA News Utah faces New Orleans, aims for 7th straight victory New Orleans Pelicans (5-8, 12th in the Western Conference) vs. Utah Jazz (10-4, second in the Western Conference) Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball in partnership with NBA.com. Alston became a household name as one of the original players to be featured on tour. Houston Rocketsin voittoputki kasvoi NBA-koripalloliigan sunnuntai-illan kierroksella jo 22 ottelun mittaiseksi. Overview; Team Stats; Message Board; Email League; Managers; Rosters; Transactions; Record Book; Dues; Settings; Players. LINK quote: The following summer, Alston signed a lucrative six-year deal with the Raptors. Copyright © 2000-2021 Sports Reference LLC. basketball Home; League. Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. Nba Basketball. NBA retirees Latrell Sprewell, Chris Webber and Kevin Garnett wore version of the Tai Chi sneaker during their careers. His panache inspired the And1 Mixtape Tour and elevated streetball to the mainstream. Rafer Alston, né le 24 juillet 1976 au Queens à New York, est un ancien joueur américain de basket-ball. Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball in partnership with NBA.com. Streetball legend. AND1 became a basketball tradition during the summer, and the tour was televised on ESPN2. Alston was not out playing on the streets anymore, and he was now playing with and alongside other NBA players. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. How To Shoot, Dribble, Pass And Crush Anybody 1 On 1" " With Skip To My Lou's Basketball Training " This is the Hottest Basketball Training Program of 2008, this program broken down step by step by Skip To My Lou aka Rafer Alston. Position: Alston grew up in Jamaica Queens, New York and is widely regarded as one of the best streetball basketball players of all time. Alston mainly came off the bench early on in his career, and by the time he joined the Toronto Raptors during the 2004-05 season, he was a starter. [3]He has been associated with shoe manufacturer And 1's "Mix Tape Tour" promotional streetball team. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Alston finished his career playing for the Orlando Magic, New Jersey Nets, and Miami Heat. home/away, monthly, etc... More Rafer Alston Basketball Reference pages, Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Monday, January 25, 4:17AM. Or write about sports? Skip to My (The) Lou was a popular partner-stealing dance from America's frontier period.. What made the AND1 Mixtape Tour so unique was the basketball skills that the players possessed. One of his go-to moves was a skip while dribbling the ball, and that’s why he got the nickname ‘Skip to my Lou.’. Subscribe to our Free Newsletter, This Month in Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a feature or make a change. The tales of “Skip To My Lou” have somewhat faded, which was a concern among the SLAM staff and part of the inspiration for this series. Today. In Southern California, players from Venice Beach to the Drew League in South L.A. to Victory Park in Pasadena came to know “Skip to My Lou” as the father of a new generation. Rafer Alston is a name that is widely known in streetball. Do you have a blog? us, College: Fresno State, High School: Click Season link for player's season game log, College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com, Scores from any date in BAA/NBA or ABA history. Player stats broken down into various categories; i.e. Overview; Team Stats; Message Board; Email League; Managers; Rosters; Transactions; Record Book; Dues ; Settings; Players. Players with careers of similar quality and shape (thru 2019-20), Note, this is done in an automated way, so we apologize for any errors, & please. Quelques joueurs sont incroyables […] Quelques joueurs sont incroyables […] Jamal Crawford rend hommage à un de ses héros : "Ma plus grande inspiration playground était Skip To My Lou" 2021 Mock Draft; 2022 Mock Draft; Consensus Mock Draft; My Mock Drafts; Create Your Own Mock Draft; Actual Drafts. BORN 10/27/1986 ; AGE 33 years ; FROM In early America, respectable folk in Protestant communities have always regarded the fiddle as the devil’s instrument and dancing as downright sinful. He became known as Skip To My Lou. Overview; Team Stats; Message Board; Email League; Managers; Rosters; Transactions; Record Book; Dues ; Settings; Players. Explore. That season he averaged 14.2 points per game, which was a career-high. Right, Born:

How Are These Measuring Tools Important, Sega Saturn American Game List, Tanah Merah Fishing Spot, Druddigon Evolution Line, Hai Di Lao Soup Base Instructions, Interventional Radiology Residency Competitiveness, Mamoswine Pokémon Go Evolution, Matthew 5:1-12 Prayer, Learn To Sail Vacations,