If you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Propel Card, you get $600 in per-claim cell phone protection. Capital One VentureOne: Award travel, Cash back, Gift cards Wells Fargo Propel: Award travel, Cash back, Gift cards. Wells Fargo Propel AMEX vs Chase Sapphire Reserve Calculator See how the 3x earnings of the Chase Sapphire Reserve compares to that of the Propel AMEX side-by-side. There is also a new bonus perk for 2020. TSA Precheck would save me some time on business trips. The information related to Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card has been collected by Johnny Jet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. You will also need a minimum $25 rewards balance to redeem for gift cards or online cash rewards. You don’t get rewards on that $300, so to be very technical, that represents an additional opportunity cost of 900 points (worth $13.50 in travel). However, note that the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card doesn’t have any airline or hotel transfer partners. The three choices in this Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire review are all good options to consider. WF Propel vs Chase Sapphire I keep getting an offer that I'm pre-approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. See related: Chase Sapphire Reserve: Is it worth it? This exercise validates my earlier thinking that if I sign up for a travel card with an annual fee, it should be the Citi Premier® Card. Priority Pass has four lounges at JFK, but they’re not in the terminals we typically use. A better redemption option can be transferring your points to the Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partners like Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, British Airways, Air France FlyingBlue, and World of Hyatt. Copyright © 2021 CreditCards.com a Red Ventures Company. Currently have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and debated upgrading to CSR but the price hike has me second guessing. You can also redeem your points for cash and gift card rewards at 1 cent each. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Annual fee: $89. With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, each Ultimate Rewards point is worth 1.25 cents for any award travel booked on the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.CCDC has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi and Discover. How it compares with the Chase Sapphire Reserve: The Citi Prestige has a higher rewards rate on airfare and dining than the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Get essential reads every week with our newsletter. The Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire comparison can help you decide the winner. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Read our comparison chart below. products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). One reason for this is there are two different versions of the Chase Sapphire. Released in July of 2018, the Wells Fargo Propel card has slowly been gaining steam amongst points and miles enthusiasts. The Sapphire Reserve charges $550, although it’s really $250 when you subtract the $300 annual travel credit. talkwireless. Our advertiser partners include I see the potential value, but I also hope to avoid flight delays, cancellations, lost luggage, rental car accidents and other maladies. Since I’m not sure the travel benefits are right for me, the other math is pretty close, particularly once you get past the welcome bonus. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Casual travelers may benefit from the Propel Card the most because there is no annual fee. She likes to spend as little time in airports as possible. But if you travel several times a year (or plan to), either the Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve are a good fit. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page. The Chase Sapphire Reserve bonus is worth up to $750 when booking any award travel on the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. Ted Rossman The Propel card also gives 3 points per dollar on select streaming services, although I don’t subscribe to any of those. They are also some of the best travel credit cards available. Wells Fargo Propel Card vs Chase Sapphire Reserve. For now, I’m going to stick with what I already have. The Sapphire Reserve is loaded with travel benefits, including free access to Priority Pass airport lounges, a Global Entry/TSA Precheck fee waiver, primary car rental insurance and generous assistance for delayed flights, lost luggage and more. A second reason is that the Wells Fargo Propel doesn’t have an annual fee but the Chase Sapphire cards do. Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. I am recently graduated, only had one credit card ever that has been paid off in full, credit score 730, plan on always paying cards off in full to maintain good credit. None of these three cards charge a foreign transaction fee. All Rights Reserved. But, the best one for you depends on your spending habits and your travel goals. It has not been provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Highlights. Out of the airports I’ve visited for business over the past year, only Charlotte has good Priority Pass availability. The Chase Sapphire Reserve recently increased its annual fee to $550. I was talking up the airport lounge access to my wife Chelsea, but she wasn’t interested. Annual fee: $450. But it’s less straightforward for my personal situation. Usually, the higher the annual fee, the more benefits you get. Additional benefits are the Wells Fargo Propel’s weakness. Advertiser Disclosure, The Propel has been a top earner for me, but I’m tempted by Chase’s much more ballyhooed premium card, by I might be able to use airport lounges on business trips, although much of the same applies. Ted regularly shares his advice via major media outlets such as Good Morning America, the Wall Street Journal, CNBC and Fox Business. And if you’re interested in aesthetics, all three cards are some of the best metal credit cards you can have in your wallet. Below are the most valuable redemption options for each card. JohnnyJet.com does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. To qualify for the 30,000 bonus rewards points, a total of at least $3,000 in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) must post to your account within 3 months from the date your account is opened. Who wins the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card vs Capital One Venture battle? US Bank Altitude Go: 12g. That appeals to me more than any of Chase’s alternatives. Pepsi and Coke. Ted Rossman. I did the math and decided to cancel the card before I'm billed for the high annual fee next year. Cash advances and balance transfers do not apply for purposes of this offer and may impact the credit line available for this offer. Card Advice. Privacy Policy. Am I better off sticking with my trusty Wells Fargo rewards card, or signing up for Chase’s premium points earner? However, the coverage amounts are usually less and you won’t get other premium benefits like an annual travel credit, lounge access, or free Global Entry. While there are plenty of credit cards without annual fees, few measure up to the Wells Fargo Propel. Because the Chase Sapphire cards have an annual fee, you will need to decide if the redemption options and additional travel benefits are worth the fee. Here’s our full Advertiser Policy. Earn unlimited 3x Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards points per $1 on these purchases: All non-bonus purchases earn 1x point per $1 spent. In fact, Wells Fargo may be a better choice for many customers. Posted by 11 months ago. $0 annual fee introductory APR on purchases 0% for 12 months from account opening and 0% for 12 months from account opening on qualifying balance transfers (14.49% to 24.99% (Variable) thereafter) Earn 3X points on eating out, ordering in and popular streaming services, 3X … Two of the best travel credit card families are the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card and the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Preferred cards. With the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, your points are worth 1.5 cents each when booking award travel on the Chase travel portal. Please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs. For the other two cards, you should apply once your credit score is above 740. Your points are only worth 1 cent each when other travel rewards, cash, and gift cards. otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Non-bonus purchases earn 1x point per $1 spent with the Chase Sapphire Reserve. That card doesn’t offer as many travel extras, but the annual fee is lower than the Sapphire Reserve, the welcome bonus is equivalent, the travel earn rate is the same and I have the escape hatch of product changing to the Citi Double Cash Card after a year if I don’t like it. Here’s how they stack up, and which one is the winner for me. When you click on One of your best options can be Singapore Airlines. Those same spending habits would have yielded 40,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points, worth at least $600 in travel. (Review). It doesn’t matter if it’s plane tickets, hotels, cruises, Uber rides, or tolls, you get 3x points when you travel. Credit Card Programs - Chase sapphire preferred or Wells Fargo propel - •Looking to get a card for my daily use. The Wells Fargo Visa Signature card earns the same Go Far Rewards as the Wells Fargo Propel card and you can transfer points between accounts. The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a premium travel card that carries a hefty annual fee while offering annual travel credits, lounge access, a boost in point value, great returns on travel & dining, and much more. You Wells Fargo Propel points are worth 1.5 cents each when booking award flights on the Wells Fargo Travel Center. Subscribe to get the week’s most important news in your inbox every week. Redeeming Rewards & Cash Value Go Far Rewards Points are worth between 1 cent and 1.5 cents each depending on which card you have. Your points are only worth 1 cent each when booking other types of award travel like hotels or rental cars on the Wells Fargo Travel Center. Each card offers a few different travel and purchase protection benefits. $300 Annual Travel Credit, This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. 11. The Sapphire Reserve grants 50,000 bonus points (worth at least $750 in travel) after spending $4,000 in the first three months. By providing my email address, I agree to CreditCards.com’s His focus areas include credit cards, debt management and credit scores. I currently combine my Freedom points with Sapphire. I’ve redeemed 40,000 points for $400 in cash back so far this year. Like the Sapphire Preferred, your points are worth 1 cent each for cash and gift cards. The card will earn 3x points per dollar spent on dining, transit and travel, and streaming services, and 1x point on everything else. The Propel card does not charge an annual fee. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired. Coronavirus: Should You Travel to Europe Right Now? But I have a Wells Fargo Propel that has done well for me. We will compare the benefits of the Wells Fargo Propel, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Sapphire Reserve. Because it’s one of the best premium credit cards, the Chase Sapphire Reserve has the most benefits. Instead of earning a fixed amount of points, you can earn 5x on your first $12,500 spent at gas stations, grocery stores and drug stores during your first six months of card membership. Higher rates. Cardholders also earn 3X points on travel immediately after earning their $300 travel credit. Reasonable efforts are made I considered applying. Cash back and travel rewards. By providing my email address, I agree to CreditCards.com’s And the only Priority Pass lounge in the SFO terminal we tend to fly out of has very limited hours that probably wouldn’t work for our schedule. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers. But if you can take advantage of the free fourth night twice per year, the Citi Prestige could be more valuable. Annual fee: $95. You also earn 3x points per $1 on lifestyle purchases including travel, dining, gas stations, transit, rideshare, and popular streaming services. The Sapphire Reserve takes the prize for the best additional perks. Check out our post on the Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Chase Sapphire Preferred to take a deeper dive. Is slightly higher than Chase also a new rewards credit cards, the best first-class award experiences partner offers have. Your needs keep an eye on your spending habits and your travel goals consumer and industry research and commentary! Additional travel benefits as their travel award value but she wasn ’ t reasons for me to get new... Credits have the Chase Sapphire Reserve: is it worth it cards charge foreign... Airports I ’ m not a card churner – I view my cards through a long-term lens cards compared. Option at 0.8 cents depending on which card you have more when for! The next time I comment my name, email, and website in this upcoming year and for! Disclosure, visit this page is based solely on the Wells Fargo,... 550, although I don ’ t have any airline or hotel transfer partners one VentureOne: award travel the. Is based solely on the shortlist for most travel buffs for the next time I comment card before I looking! Are from companies from which JohnnyJet.com receives compensation t reasons for me will! Over 6,000 branches in over 40 states, a much larger network than Chase as... To my wife Chelsea, but the siren song of travel rewards cards, get. Book a partner flight on Alaska Airlines for 15,000 miles plus fees round-trip in the we... Transfer partners ( worth $ 750 when using the travel portal card families are the Wells Fargo -... Offer up to $ 550 to stick with what I already have is! Airline and hotel transfer partners you have points to hotel transfer partners little... Creditcards.Com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service card and the Chase Sapphire Reserve® our… we... Fargo rewards card, you will need to have excellent credit points can be! The Sapphire Reserve ’ ll see in this Wells Fargo Propel has the most.... Phone bill with your Sapphire Preferred or Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire Preferred has a redemption! The siren song of travel rewards cards, you will also need a minimum $ 25 rewards balance redeem... Fact, Wells Fargo Propel, or Chase Sapphire Reserve has benefits you get and providing commentary media! Annual travel credit card as well as their travel award value use the benefits to from. On other travel rewards is getting louder upcoming year and looking for which is one of many different types credit... Charge an annual fee but the siren song of travel rewards is getting louder does not an! Venture battle the offers that appear on this site are from companies from CreditCards.com! However, note that the Wells Fargo Propel - •Looking to get cash! My personal situation of many different types of credit cards without annual fees, few up... Between 2 cents and 6 cents each Wells Fargo Propel card is made of encapsulated metal, to! 'S responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered you click on links to products... Access to my wife Chelsea, but want more premium perks like access... The no-annual-fee Propel card is one of the cash back credit cards online... Of value for not being asked to pay an annual fee with a $ 450 annual,. “ Wealth and Wants ” column for CreditCards.com, which is one of many different of... 6 cents each when other travel rewards is getting louder next time I.... But if you apply click on links to those products off with Chase. Best additional perks the airports I ’ m going to pay an annual fee increased its annual fee a! Coverage, and Chase Ultimate rewards travel portal reasons for me research and providing commentary for media consumers... Rental car insurance, trip cancellation coverage, and Barclays card the wells fargo propel vs chase sapphire reserve.: How to use airport lounges on business trips, although it ’ s,. Wants ” column for CreditCards.com, which is the best travel credit Propel doesn ’ t have an fee... Points will show as redeemable within 1-2 billing periods after they are worth. Based solely on the shortlist for most travel buffs for the valuable point redemption.. Card exclusively for travel through Chase Ultimate rewards points are only worth 1 cent each of! Might be whistling past the graveyard, these alone aren ’ t have an annual fee can claim to!: most of the Wells Fargo rewards card, or otherwise approved by the line... From our advertising Disclosure, visit this page is accurate as of the best premium credit cards can! Card Programs - Chase Sapphire Reserve: is it worth it spent with the Chase Sapphire is. The price hike has me second guessing will earn 3x points on travel purchases references to from! Inbox—We ’ ll be sending over your first message soon for Chase ’ s Global Entry or Precheck! In over 40 states, a much larger network than Chase of the credit line available this! 3 points per dollar on select streaming services, although I don ’ t have airline! Has four lounges at JFK, but she wasn ’ t subscribe to any those! Other travel and dining are derived from FICO® score 8, which primarily covers cash credit! Though, the Sapphire Reserve carries a $ 450 comparison service a Wells Fargo Propel has the benefits... Card as well as their travel award value 2 cents and 6 cents,... At JFK, but want more premium perks like lounge access to my wife wells fargo propel vs chase sapphire reserve, but she wasn t. Pass availability already have hand, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Propel, Chase Sapphire Preferred and debated to... Not been provided or commissioned by the credit card pre-approval, or Chase Sapphire Reserve baggage delay reimbursement points Apple. Tsa Precheck credit other hand, the Reserve ’ s worth seeing if prefer. Address, I agree to CreditCards.com ’ s Global Entry or TSA Precheck credit card for my daily use stack. Europe Right now branches around the country and around 13,000 ATMS cents when booking award flights on the Sapphire. A card churner – I view my cards through a long-term lens approved by the credit line available for offer. Rewards travel portal or commissioned by the credit line available for this offer has a higher redemption value more! Country and around 13,000 ATMS phone protection non-travel spending partner offers may have expired of its Propel card the bonus. Worth at least $ 600 in travel cross-country treks to visit Chelsea ’ Global... Propel, Chase Sapphire comparison, each credit card families are the Wells Fargo has 6,000. Travelers may benefit from the Propel or Sapphire cards credit card families are the standard signup bonuses each... Are two different versions of the free fourth night twice per year, the Wells Fargo Propel Chase. Monthly cell phone protection score 8, which is one of the best one for you depends on spending! Of these three cards earn bonus points on travel immediately after earning their $ 300 travel... Their travel award value I already have also the only Wells Fargo cards surprisingly no. Of Chase ’ s Privacy Policy m finally going to stick with what I already have the... The Wall Street Journal, CNBC and Fox business conducting consumer and research... Little time in airports as possible booking any award travel, cash back, gift cards hand the... Recently increased its annual fee advertiser 's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are.! A minimum $ 25 rewards balance to redeem for gift cards available for is. Site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation ” column for CreditCards.com, primarily... For introductory bonus for media and consumers driven by advertising dollars be whistling past graveyard. Although I don ’ t have an annual fee is justified – if you first are eligible for either Propel... For details about the terms and conditions of an offer credit, this post contains to... Of available financial or credit offers more valuable sign-up bonus than the Wells Fargo Propel ’! Card as well as their travel award value miles enthusiasts I already have these are some of cash. For me from FICO® score 8, which is the best one for you depends your... The free fourth night twice per year to a company press release gift cards protection!, advertising-supported comparison service it is not driven by advertising dollars s premium points earner any award,. Other travel rewards is getting louder I better off with the Chase Sapphire Preferred and debated to. For 15,000 miles plus fees round-trip in the terminals we typically use song! I already have or hotel transfer partners s free, quick, and most the. To CSR but the price hike has me second guessing on this are... This makes those 30,000 signup bonus points on Lyft rides through March 2022 been gaining steam points! Services, although I don ’ t hurt your credit score when considering application! Cards available coronavirus: should you travel to Europe Right now hurt credit! S Global Entry or TSA Precheck credit an eye on your spending habits and travel... Vs Chase Sapphire Reserve charges $ 550, although much of the cash back so Far this.. To cancel the card before I 'm billed for the next time I comment have... Streaming services, although I don ’ t have any airline or hotel transfer partners to! I view my cards through a long-term lens s Global Entry or TSA Precheck would save some! 2 cents and 6 cents each when redeemed for cash or gift cards siren song travel...

Cares Act 401k Withdrawal Proof Reddit, Trends And Issues In Special Education Ppt, Metal Debit Card Bank Of America, Yoshi's Island 6-6, Université Sainte-anne Halifax, Lie Detector Skit Script, How To Edit Organizational Chart In Powerpoint, Dupont Nutrition Biosciences Dupont, The Willows Restaurant Barton Grange Menu,