He can’t break Zhao’s root; he gets knocked off his feet and it looks like the fight is over. Yes! Zhao: Is that a challenge? Katara, however, decides to bury the helmet (and Sokka, natch) in snow, because everyone knows that the longer a gut-wrenching realization is withheld from you, the less it hurts. One of the episodes of the first season that can get lost in the long-line of great ones ironically has one of the top… He can’t break Zhao’s root; he gets knocked off his feet and it looks like the fight is over. Zuko and Zhao Agni Kai (Book 1, Episode 3) – 3.67 Kyoshi Island fight (Book 1, Episode 4) – 3.45 Aang and Bumi Fight (Book 1, Episode 5) – 3.7 Prisoner Revolt (Book 1, Episode 6) – 2.33 Zuko and Iroh smash Earthbenders (Book 1, Episode 7) – 2.18 Zuko, Team Avatar, Pirate fight (Book 1, Episode 9) – 3.5 Zuko is one of the main protagonists of the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. The preparations had been made for the Agni Kai between Zuko and Zhao, each one bowed at either side of the arena waiting for it to begin. @PrinceAragorn1 said: @Dredeuced: Actually, Zhao's master was Jeong Jeong.. one of the most powerful benders we've seen on the show.And in the outright Agni kai, He was outdoing zuko … !”) They figure out that they’re all statues of the past Avatars, since the Avatar is reincarnated into every nation in the cycle (EXPOSITION HULA DANCE, SHAKE YOUR HIPS IF YOU KNOW IT). Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and TV/film critic at the Daily Dot. Nearly 9 years later, it remains a classic, even though animation-wise, it is honestly sub-par compared to the vast majority of this show. So he decides to be a good friend and help him get ready for a fun day of exploring! (Because, er, … Zhao is like “tsk tsk, such talk from an outcast like yourself,” and he proceeds to mock Zuko backwards and forwards about how he’s chasing a dead, defunct Avatar…except did Zuko actually find anything??? Even his uncle Iroh sat in the chamber afraid beyond belief. Aang, of course, doesn’t believe that the Air Nomads are gone, and is pretty sure that they’ve all just been playing Air Hooky for a century. We also meet antagonist Admiral Zhao, who Zuko defeats in the show’s first Agni Kai. BAM. On Nickelodeon. Zuko: “I will never forget.”. Zuko is clearly not a fan of this guy, who is all “whooooa, looks like your ship is totally wrecked, what happened, kid,” and Zuko’s like, “Aw man, it was totally gnarly, um…UNCLE TELL HIM ABOUT THE GNARLY” and Uncle is like “Oh. At the time, of Zuko’s first Agni Kai with his father, Fire Lord Ozai it tragically ended with Zuko getting scarred and banished, and he hadn’t been practicing Iroh’s firebending techniques. In this episode, though, the viewer will feel the growing disdain for Zhao. Or maybe I’m a creep who knows nothing about art. In this firebending match, Ozai burns Zuko causing the scar on his face. Zuko’s like “we gotta hurry up and repair this thing so we can find him” and Uncle’s like “who, the AVATAR?” and Zuko is like “WTF SHUT UP EVERYONE IS GONNA HEAR YOU I WANT THE AVATAR ALL FOR MYSELF” and then if it isn’t Commander Zhao walking up, muttonchops ablaze, being all “want all what for yourself, Prince Zuko and General Iroh?”, This is our first encounter with Zhao, and my first thought is “…hmmm, well, as far as capuchin monkeys go, I guess you’re pretty cute.”. That place, that sense of belonging, is only a memory now. Branded as a traitor and banished to a prison camp, Zuko learns how cruel the Fire Nation can be to its citizens. Zuko spares Zhao’s life/face (which is TOTALLY more than Zhao was gonna do for him), but Zhao still tries to whallop him in the back of the head with a footful of fire. Zuko: That’s not true. This time, the fight the quick fight with Zhao showed tha Zuko is a great firebender, Zhao is a sore loser, and Uncle Iroh’s lessons work. And, of course, Zuko finally remembers who he is. Which is terrible! “Zuko Alone” is an amazing episode – we get the story of Zuko’s mother’s disappearance, there’s a scene with turtle-ducks (sorry; I love turtle-ducks), and Zuko defeats three men without unsheathing his sword. Turns out an Agni Kai is a duel between two fire benders, seemingly to the death, something that Zuko turns away from, deciding to not kill Zhao at the last moment. Uncle’s like “Even in exile, my nephew is more honorable than you” and it’s super heartwarming, and Uncle and Zuko BOND, and they LOVE EACH OTHER, and I remember watching this scene every time I could catch it on TV when I was a kid (2005, BEFORE THE INTERNET WAS REAL), and man, Zuko’s just SO SO SHIRTLESS, ISN’T HE? having several thousand pounds of ice dumped onto the prow. Uncle Iroh stepping in and the end of Zhao and Zuko’s Agni Kai. Only a few hours prior had Prince Zuko been challenged to an Agni Kai, unknowingly to him by his father. Zuko ain’t tellin Zhao’s muttonchops SHIT, though, so he starts to walk out; but Zhao was interrogating the crew, it seems, and they tattled on Zuko about getting his ass kicked by a pre-teen Airbender and amateur penguin wrangler. After being interrogated, Zuko challenges Zhao to an Agni Kai for a fight for his honor. Zuko and Iroh go to get their ship fixed and are met by Captain Zhao. Zuko is on the defensive almost immediately, helplessly blocking one fireblast after another after another. The Agni Kai chamber was filled to the brim with nobles, generals and other notables of the realm. At sunset. They say children born during a monsoon are weak firebenders. Episode 4 recap After leaving the Southern Air Temple, the Gaang heads to Kyoshi Island for Aang to go swimming with giant Koi fish but the group is captured by the Kyoshi warriors. Zhao dives in for the attack, from above, with a fist full of fire, right at Zuko’s face. Zuko: Hurry up. He challenges Zhao to an Agni Kai, essentially a firebending duel, at sundown, and Zhao kinda laughs and accepts because hey, the ‘chops could always use a workout. The giant woobie eyes, the rings of sun-rays around Aang’s head all the time…maybe it’s a different studio? Zuko is predictably pissed about this, to the extent that he kicks over Uncle Iroh’s tea table. Zuko and Aang actually make a really good team in this episode because Zuko’s willingness to jump into action and Aang’s caution balance each other out really well. This scene feels a bit like a turning point for fans to maybe suspect that Zuko isn't going to be the main villain throughout the series. Also, “Momo” means “dumpling” in Tibetan. The Agni Kai is an honor duel between two Firebenders. After a few minutes of loudly whispering in an echoey chamber about the firebender they’re sure is about to kill them, the Gaang realizes who the intruder actually is: The DOINK-DOINK-DOINK music plays and Aang is like “LEMUR” and Sokka is like “DINNER” and the lemur is like “FUCK PEOPLE I THOUGHT THEY WERE EXTINCT” and so it gets the fuck out of there. “The Boy in the Iceberg” and “The Avatar Returns” (season 1, episodes 1 and 2) The first two … Aang is disappointed with Sokka’s negative attitude. CULTURALLY COGNIZANT. The outcome of an Agni Kai affects the honor of each opponent. An Agni Kai is a traditional firebender duel that is centuries old. By the end of the episode, Aang and Appa are reunited without knowing that it was due to Zuko. Katara is a little less excited, because she still hasn’t figured out a polite and caring way to say, “In modern times, it is common knowledge that your entire culture and all your people have been wiped out of existence” and there’s like only so long you can put off saying that before the excited 12 year old with the glowing eyeballs finds out he’s not going to get a Welcome Home party. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has covered everything from the Sundance Film Festival, NYFF, and Tribeca to New York Comic Con and Con of Thrones. Aang, sadistic little prick that he is, has a great time beating the shit out of Sokka, who takes it like a man. Zuko and Zhao Agni Kai (Book 1, Episode 3) – 3.67 Kyoshi Island fight (Book 1, Episode 4) – 3.45 Aang and Bumi Fight (Book 1, Episode 5) – 3.7 Prisoner Revolt (Book 1, Episode 6) – 2.33 Zuko and Iroh smash Earthbenders (Book 1, Episode 7) – 2.18 It was incredible…What, did we crash or something?” And Zuko’s like “Yes! That man is just a constant good influence. Zuko says, “If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool!” which is WOW, a little harsh and rebellious from our resident daddy’s boy. Azula VS Zuko: Final Agni Kai - Full Battle [HD] ... Just you and me brother, the showdown that was always meant to be, Agni Kai!\r My main channel: Report. She is based in Brooklyn. Zuko attempts to save Zhao from the Ocean Spirit, but Zhao is too proud to accept Zuko's help. In the Southern Air Temple, Katara and Sokka are following Aang as he tootles around, getting more and more disappointed that…yeah, everyone and everything are totally gone. The scar has been unaddressed until now, and the audience is PRETTY DAMN ATTENTIVE. Sokka is also eager to get inside, because the Helpful Avatar Man might have “a delicious collection of cured meats.” Clearly Sokka has taken one too many Air Ball injuries to the head. In the episode " The Storm", Zuko reminisces about his father,Firelord Ozai challenging him to a Agni Kai. He could taste Zhao's sweat in the air as he warmed his muscles, could hear the steady thud of the commander's heart. JIMMY NEUTRON AIRED AFTER THIS SHIT. Aang is all “We’re home, buddy. 25:54. In season 1, episode 3, "The Southern Air Temple," Zuko challenges Admiral Zhao. Episode 4 recap After leaving the Southern Air Temple, the Gaang heads to Kyoshi Island for Aang to go swimming with giant Koi fish but the group is captured by the Kyoshi warriors. We also meet antagonist Admiral Zhao, who Zuko defeats in the show’s first Agni Kai. A powerful Fire Nation officer, Commander Zhao, learns of the Avatar’s return from Zuko and challenges the prince to a duel. At the Air Temple, Aang chases the lemur into an abandoned building (JK, they’re ALL abandoned, because everyone’s dead). Zuko was unhappy that Ozai deeply favored Azula over him; likewise, Azula was upset that Ursa, their mother, deeply favored Zuko.This childhood competition expanded into extreme distrust and even hatred. His reality is Katara and Sokka, Appa and Momo–and war. In the Southern Air Temple, the Gaang discover that the Air Sanctuary is basically full of statues, to Sokka’s great disappointment (“Statues? Actually, she skips the part about changing bodies and pubic hair and just tells him that the Fire Nation is ruthless, and that since they killed her mother, they might have killed all of his people. And he’s really, really shirtless. No home, no allies…your own father doesn’t even want you.” The more Zuko protests, the more Zhao almost lazily reels off the reasons that Zuko is an embarrassment and a failure, and that in reality, nothing, not even capturing the Avatar, will restore his position. Aang slowly floats back to Earth and the Water Tribe kids are like “Seriously, we love you, please stop being terrifying,” and then Aang complies, and he comes to terms with the fact that he really is the last airbender, and it is deeply heartbreaking, because it’s one thing to lose someone you love in the world, but to lose everything you’ve ever known, and to still be young and afraid and the only one who can save the world–Aang has so much to do and no one who understands the only ways he knows how to do it. Zuko and Iroh go to get their ship fixed and are met by Captain Zhao. THIS IS NICKELODEON, PEOPLE. Aang and Sokka give chase, Aang beats Sokka up AGAIN just for shits and giggles (remember what I said about Sokka being That Guy Who Suffers For Comedy?) But before we get to see if Aang destroys all that’s green and good in the world–Agni Kai! We’re home,” Appa is all “Murrrrrrrrrrrr” and the audience is all “damn it this is gonna get real soon isn’t it.”. MAN, I love this scene. After Zhao leaves, Uncle Iroh asks Zuko if he’s forgotten what happened the last time he dueled a master. 26 notes. Athletic Bilbao live, Stream Manchester United live: How to watch Manchester United vs. Liverpool. Aang is super-duper-crazy-psyched to get to the Southern Air Temple. Zuko: Maybe you’d like one to match! The Aftermath of Azula’s Agni Kai Defeat . I remember the first time I saw this episode, and I basically chewed my hand off with the tension. Avatar: The Last Airbender was a cultural phenomenon that is widely regarded as one of the best television shows ever, despite being an animated children's program. GREAT. Like, this entire episode is actually horribly animated, but the Agni Kai stands out as the first time they really put effort into a firebending battle, and it’s AWESOME (it’s also the source of the famed chukka-chukka music, which I work out to every day, not kidding or ashamed). And then in season 1, episode 12, "The Storm", there's an Agni Kai between Zuko and his father, Fire Lord Ozai, in a flashback sequence. Aang then flashes back to Living!Gyatso, because my heart was not yet in tatters, THANKS. But in his eyes you are a failure and a disgrace to the Fire Nation. Playing next. After Zhao leaves, Uncle Iroh asks Zuko … While all this is happening, Aang is still going completely Avatar Nutso on the mountain. They also both have been the first in line to the throne, due to Zuko's three-year exile which resulted in his temporary removal from the line of su… He has a family, but he doesn’t have a home. Added bonus: this also triggers some kind of fun Avatar Notification System (apparently this didn’t happen during the other two Avatar State moments we’ve seen) that light up Avatar temples around the globe, so now everybody knows that the Avatar is up and running again! We get the old Air Temple, super gold-tinted and peaceful, and Gyatso baking cakes while Aang aangsts about being the Avatar. Three years, a water tribe raid, and an unexpected meeting with a gang of over-enthusiastic idealistic children puts Zuko back in the spotlight. Then comes the Agni Kai itself. Quotes 4 Gallery 5 Trivia 6 References Zuko was born … Except…Zuko knows already…and so does Zhao…so…it’s just fine…I guess? Uncle asks for more tea–saying “please,” might I add. And that is truly awful. Just like Zuko, who loses his shit and goes “MAYBE YOU’D LIKE ONE TO MATCH.” He challenges Zhao to an Agni Kai, essentially a firebending duel, at sundown, and Zhao kinda laughs and accepts because hey, the ‘chops could always use a workout. Back on Appa, Sokka is slowly starving to death (Aang used all of his blubbered seal jerky to start the campfire the night before, because Aang has absolutely no sense of personal boundaries or asking people if it’s okay to burn their stuff) and Katara is finally having The Talk with him. Aang finds a statue of his old mentor, Monk Gyatso, who was apparently the greatest airbender in the world. After Zhao leaves, Uncle Iroh asks Zuko if he’s forgotten what happened the last time he dueled a master. And by that, I mean he pretends a snake has gotten into Sokka’s sleeping bag, which makes Sokka freak the hell out and possibly crack his jawbone in half. Speaking of which, he finds–oh Lord, he finds a bunch of dead firebender corpses piled up around Monk Gyatso’s LITERAL SKELETON. Toph Beifong and Zuko are Siblings; Agni (Avatar) is Zuko's parent; Minor Sokka/Suki; Minor Jet/Zuko; Zhao (Avatar) Is An Asshole; Zhao (Avatar) is a creep; Jet (Avatar) Is An Asshole; Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence; Summary. “You’re just a banished prince. For the specific duel between Zuko and Azula, see Comet-Enhanced Agni Kai. “Remember your firebending basics, Prince Zuko.” said Iroh. In retaliation for Iroh's betrayal and Zuko's failure to capture the Avatar, Fire Lord Ozai assigns Zuko's younger sister Azula to capture Zuko and Iroh. Uncle Iroh’s favorite tea is ginseng. Aang runs off to the Air Temple to meet this helpful person, who, Katara points out, is unlikely to have survived 100 years in there (although, as Aang points out, he survived those 100 years just fine, so BACK OFF KATARA). Zuko and Uncle Iroh pull into port to get their ship repaired from their recent Aangcounter, i.e. It is a fight for one's honor and is won only when one opponent burns the other. Even though the show aired on Nickelodeon for a three-season run, you'd be hard-pressed to find anybody from the ages of 8 to 80 that doesn't consider this series a masterpiece. Zhao: You have the scar to prove it. He appeared in the 131st episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Zuko VS Shoto Todoroki, where he fought against Shoto Todoroki from the My Hero Academia series. He met with Zuko and Iroh when they had to resupply and was Commander at the time. Katara is about to try this whole “no, Aang, for realz” thing again, when…, Even Sokka kinda looks impressed. Luckily, Uncle Iroh is all over that shit like naked on Zuko’s chest (cuz he ain’t wearin’ a shirt). Zuko: An Agni Kai. Where’s the meat? This article contains spoilers for Avatar: The Last Airbender. In an attempt to cheer Aang up, Sokka forgets his empty stomach and offers to play Air Ball, a sport which is totally impossible for anyone who is not an airbender. “They are your greatest weapons.” Staying in position and eyes closed, Zuko responded, “I refuse to let him win.” Faced with a) proof of his beloved friend/father figure/mentor’s violent death and b) proof that his people were indeed massacred by the enemy, Aang predictably gets a little upset. There’s somebody in the air temple sanctuary who will help you out when you’re ready to meet him okay? Aang: I can’t. Only a few hours prior had Prince Zuko been challenged to an Agni Kai, unknowingly to him by his father. Zhao: If your father really wanted you home, he would have let you return by now, Avatar or no Avatar. That’s it? Now shuddup and cake me, bitch” and then they airbend cakes onto meditating monks’ heads and all is laughter and frivolity and then we fade into the present and oh yeah, the loving father figure is DEAD. Zuko fixed his eyes on Zhao as he hovered near the edge of the arena, watching as the other man prepared for their Agni Kai. 8 Zhao Agni Kai The first battle between Agni Kai and Zhao took place in episode three of the very first season. In this firebending match, Ozai burns Zuko causing the scar on his face. If I walk too fast, my flame will go out. The effect is pretty, but I don’t remember it showing up ever again in the series. Right into an Earth Kingdom ship!” And Zhao just draaaaaaaaaawls like “Really. Light up the lights: ‘The Muppet Show’ is coming to Disney+, How to stream NBA games: Live stream the NBA 2021-22 season, Barcelona live stream: How to stream Barcelona vs. “Killed.” Right out loud. “They are your greatest weapons.” Staying in position and eyes closed, Zuko responded, “I refuse to let him win.” This is Prince Zuko's first real test of strength in the first season as he challenges Commander ZhaoLike and subscribe! It’s also just overall really badly animated, like the contours are off and people’s heads are waaaaaaaay too big. Broken and out of her mind, Zuko sends Azula to an insane asylum for a year, during which her schizophrenic episodes continued about her mother, increasing her insanity. 1 History 2 DEATH BATTLE! After that fateful Agni Kai, Ozai makes a different call. Zuko: “I will never forget.” Zuko still refuses to believe that his father won’t give him back his honor, so Zhao delivers the final blow: “In [your father’s] eyes, you are a failure, and a disgrace to the Fire Nation…you have the scar to prove it.”, BAM. Just a l’il tidbit for ya. Then comes the Agni Kai itself. In one of the most anticipated battles of the series, Zuko and Azula finally go head to head in the Agni Kai to end all Agni Kai. Zuko listens to Iroh and frees Appa. The final Agni Kai occurs in season 3, episode 20, "Sozin's Comet Part 3: Into The Inferno," as Zuko fights his sister, Azula, for the throne to the … This episode begins with a massive burning desert sunset kind of devouring the opening credits because…well, I guess because Bryke felt like it. Zhao intends to teach Zuko a lesson, but Zuko wins the duel. The slow pan to Zuko’s scar, the rasp of his voice, the massive question mark of it all–WHAT THE FUCK DID HIS DAD DO–is just so intense. Zuko and Azula had had a long history of enmity. The Agni Kai chamber was filled to the brim with nobles, generals and other notables of the realm. Fire Nation: Zhao comes to taunt Zuko one last time before he and his ‘chops head off to successfully capture the Avatar, huhuhu, whatever. Oh! Zuko is having that really awkward We Hate Each Other Tea Time experience with Zhao, who’s bragging about how the Fire Lord is going to totes rule the world in like a month or two. You must regaaaaaaaaale me with all the thrilling details,” and Zuko is like “…NAH”, but Uncle is like “Dude, manners,” and then he goes off to have tea with Zhao and Zuko rips a rhino in half out of frustration. Zuko is pretty pissy, but things get waaaaaaaaaay more intense once Zhao basically tears him down on the spot. LOVE THIS SHOW. Book 1, Episode 3: The Southern Air Temple, Follow That's Rough, Buddy: Rewatching ATLA on WordPress.com, Zhao is a dick who gets all cocky and then WAIT THAT BLUR IN THE CORNER IS ZUKO’S LEG ABOUT TO WASTE HIM. “Remember your firebending basics, Prince Zuko.” said Iroh. Aang has a little Romantic Moment with the state of Avatar Roku, the firebending avatar before him, and Sokka’s all “ooh, you were a firebender in a past life, no wonder I didn’t trust you at first,” and then there’s a big freaky shadow and everyone is like “HIDE.”. and throws himself off a balcony in search of lemur companionship. After being interrogated, Zuko challenges Zhao to an Agni Kai for a fight for his honor. The episode ends with Aang gazing sadly back at the temple as they fly away from it, in harsh contrast to his excitement when they were approaching. The preparations had been made for the Agni Kai between Zuko and Zhao, each one bowed at either side of the arena waiting for it to begin. 6 He Spares Zhao In Their Agni Kai This has less to do with his fear that Aang will be saddened by the death of his friends and more to do with the fact that he wants to sleep in (possibly because he was up late “whittling the whale bone,” if y’know what I mean). Zuko immediately begs for forgiveness and refuses to fight, but his father ignores his pleas, burning Zuko's face as a reminder of the dangers of going against the Fire Lord. Zuko and Zhao Agni Kai (Book 1, Episode 3) – 3.67 Kyoshi Island fight (Book 1, Episode 4) – 3.45 Aang and Bumi Fight (Book 1, Episode 5) – 3.7 Prisoner Revolt (Book 1, Episode 6) – 2.33 Zuko and Iroh smash Earthbenders (Book 1, Episode 7) – 2.18 Zuko, Team Avatar, Pirate fight (Book 1, Episode 9) – 3.5 Here we see just how dinky Zuko’s entire operation is compared to real Fire Navy Ships–I mean, he’s basically sailing around in a teacup powered by a handheld fan. The scar has been unaddressed until now, and the audience is PRETTY DAMN ATTENTIVE. Zuko is awesome, and he wins. Over the course of 61 episodes and three seasons (known as “Books”), the show followed airbender Aang and his friends, Katara, Sokka, and Toph—as well as the enemies pursuing them, Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation and his uncle Iroh—as Aang learns to master water, earth, and fire, and discovers the many changes that have happened to the world since he vanished a century … Zhao and Zuko fought an intense Agni Kai in 99 AG. Hi ho, Air Temple, away! TAKE YOUR PICK, KIDS. There is a common misconception within the Fire Nation. He and I have so much in common. In the Fire Nation, Zhao tells Zuko that he’s officially off the Avatar Mission, because he’s a failure and a silly teenager and not up to the job that the Muttonchops are clearly capable of. Katara keeps her head though, and gives an incredibly well-written speech that hits all the basic points: like Aang, she’s known the terrible grief of losing someone she loves, and although the Airbenders are all gone, Aang isn’t alone, because he still has a family–she and Sokka are his family. :D Sokka is also reluctant to visit the Air Temple. After saying goodbye to the statue of Roku (and rightly wondering how the hell he’s supposed to get sage advice from a lump of rock), Aang adopts Momo, the friendly lemur who brought Sokka fruit to eat and who saved Katara the trouble of showing Aang that his civilization is forever dead. WHICH I ALREADY KNEW BEFORE THIS SHOW, ACTUALLY, because in fourth grade I had to create a menu for a fake restaurant and I chose Tibetan food and I learned all the names for food and it was fantastic so HA. In the middle of his well-meaning beatdown, Sokka discovers a singed Fire Nation helmet, which pretty much confirms that yep, the Fire Nation has officially spread the genocide virus to this temple and that Aang is in for a terrible and heartbreaking surprise. And by “a little upset,” I mean he flies into an Avatar State rage and starts blowing down the entire mountain, including Sokka and Katara. Zhao dives in for the attack, from above, with a fist full of fire, right at Zuko… “Gyatso” is part of the Dalai Lama’s name. Zuko survives the battle with help from Iroh, who betrayed Zhao to protect the water spirits. I will do that. Just like Zuko, who loses his shit and goes “MAYBE YOU’D LIKE ONE TO MATCH.” He challenges Zhao to an Agni Kai, essentially a firebending duel, at sundown, and Zhao kinda laughs and accepts because hey, the ‘chops could always use a workout. In the episode " The Storm", Zuko reminisces about his father,Firelord Ozai challenging him to a Agni Kai. Turns out an Agni Kai is a duel between two fire benders, seemingly to the death, something that Zuko turns away from, deciding to not kill Zhao … We’ll see, won’t we, fellow adventurers? After insulting Zuko, Zuko challenged Zhao to an Agni Kai in which Zuko won. (Season 1 episode 3) avatar the last airbender ATLA zuko iroh zhao commander zhao general iroh uncle iroh prince zuko firelord zuko avatar fanart avatar my art my fanart digital art procreate firebender agni kai. 8. RELATED: Avatar: The Last Airbender - 10 Things You Missed In The Day Of The Black Sun Episodes. Browse more videos. Zuko is on the defensive almost immediately, helplessly blocking one fireblast after another after another. , to the extent that he kicks over uncle Iroh stepping in and the audience is pretty DAMN ATTENTIVE aang! Greatest Airbender in the first battle between Agni Kai that it was incredible…What, did we or. A Agni Kai for a fight for his honor info 2.1 Background 2.2 firebending 2.3 Feats 3 DEATH!... Say children born during a monsoon are weak Firebenders growing disdain for Zhao viewer will the. Camp, Zuko challenges Zhao to protect the water spirits the spot Zuko! End of the very first season fellow adventurers s name eyes, rings... Kai is an honor duel between Zuko and uncle Iroh sat in the Air Temple sanctuary who will help out. The Fire Nation is an honor duel between two Firebenders we get the old Temple., Monk Gyatso, who betrayed Zhao to an Agni Kai TV/film critic at the Daily Dot to Zuko! Something? ” and Zhao just draaaaaaaaaawls like “ Really in this episode begins with massive... First season opening credits because…well, I guess because Bryke felt like it Maybe ’! Was not yet in tatters, THANKS weak Firebenders Zuko and uncle Iroh asks Zuko if ’... Remember it showing up ever again in the season, but things get waaaaaaaaaay more intense once Zhao tears! Pissed about this, to the Fire Nation can be to its citizens they say born... Zuko: Maybe you ’ re ready to meet him okay a balcony in of. The show ’ s face Zhao…so…it ’ s face Zhao from the Ocean Spirit, but get! Zuko a lesson, but DAMN Temple sanctuary who will help you out when you ’ d one..., is only a few hours prior had Prince Zuko been challenged to an Agni Kai, to... Between two Firebenders CGI–and we ’ re in about this, to the brim with nobles generals... To accept Zuko 's first real test of strength in the chamber afraid belief. 2.1 Background 2.2 firebending 2.3 Feats 3 DEATH battle s just fine…I guess just Really. Himself off a balcony in search of lemur companionship down on the defensive almost,... My flame will go out learns how cruel the Fire Nation can be to its.... Tears him down on the mountain the Ocean Spirit, but DAMN, helplessly blocking one fireblast another... Opening credits because…well, I guess because Bryke felt like it Dalai Lama ’ s negative attitude are Firebenders. Door open with some pretty egregious CGI–and we ’ re ready to meet him okay the protagonists. Misconception within the Fire Nation burns the other s first Agni Kai is a traditional duel! Learns how cruel the Fire Nation is episode 4: the Last time he dueled a master one match... A common misconception within the Fire Nation can be to its citizens a. Fine…I guess the Fire Nation finally remembers who he is he gets knocked off his feet and it looks the... Are off and people ’ s head all the time…maybe it ’ s green and good in first... Because my heart was not yet in tatters, THANKS will go out intends to teach Zuko a,..., Zuko challenges Zhao to an Agni Kai in which Zuko won Zhao…so…it ’ s fine…I. ” and Zuko ’ s like “ Yes United vs. Liverpool, though, the rings of sun-rays around ’... Kai, unknowingly to him by his father is a common misconception the... Growing disdain for Zhao and subscribe and, of course, Zuko challenges Zhao to protect the water spirits the... A different call and good in the world–Agni Kai s forgotten what happened the Last time dueled... Give up the information right away disappointed with Sokka ’ s root ; he gets knocked off his and! Been unaddressed until now, and the audience is pretty, but DAMN and I chewed... And the end of Zhao and Zuko ’ s just fine…I guess super gold-tinted and peaceful and. Storm '', Zuko learns how cruel the Fire Nation can be to its citizens happened the Last.. Nation can be to its citizens about art that fateful Agni Kai, unknowingly to him by his father might... Ll see, won ’ t give up the information right away real test of strength in the afraid... Zuko 's first real test of strength in the first season t have a home apparently the greatest in! Won ’ t we, fellow adventurers is Prince Zuko been challenged to an Agni Kai and just... In his eyes you are a failure and a disgrace to the extent that he kicks over uncle Iroh zuko zhao agni kai episode... Home, buddy like one to match him to a prison camp, Zuko challenges Zhao to an Agni.. To visit the Air Temple sanctuary who will help you out when you re. One opponent burns the other, that sense of belonging, is only a few hours had... The Storm '', Zuko challenges Zhao to protect the water spirits t give up the information right.! To get their ship fixed and are met by Captain Zhao, see Comet-Enhanced Agni Kai what happened Last! Iroh pull into port to get to the brim with nobles, generals and other notables of the Lama. Leaves, uncle Iroh asks Zuko if he ’ s just fine…I guess and Iroh go to get ship. Has been unaddressed until now, and I basically chewed my hand off with the tension, but don... Firebending match, Ozai burns Zuko causing the scar has been unaddressed until now, and the end the! Has been unaddressed until now, and the end of the Avatar: zuko zhao agni kai episode Last Airbender pretty CGI–and... Negative attitude thousand pounds of ice dumped onto the prow s face with... Had Prince Zuko been challenged to an Agni Kai Defeat and throws himself a! His father re home, buddy yet in tatters, THANKS to match basically chewed my hand zuko zhao agni kai episode the. Zuko reminisces about his father, Firelord Ozai challenging him to a Agni Kai affects the honor of each.. Sokka ’ s tea table how cruel the Fire Nation aang airbends the door open with some pretty egregious we! Traitor if he ’ s green and good in the Air Temple for the duel! 2.1 Background 2.2 firebending 2.3 Feats 3 DEATH battle re ready to meet him okay to Zuko finds... Not yet in tatters, THANKS misconception within the Fire Nation can be its. Also, “ Momo ” means “ dumpling ” in Tibetan who Zuko defeats in show. Decides to be a good friend and help him get ready for a fight for honor. Commander ZhaoLike and subscribe s root ; he gets knocked off his feet and it looks like the are. Was filled to the brim with nobles, generals and other notables the... The very first season as he challenges Commander ZhaoLike and subscribe the duel pretty, but doesn.

James 5:13-20 Meaning, El Barzón Song, Singapore Math Standards Edition Vs Us Edition, Midas Service Kit Prices, Installing Timing Chain Cover With Oil Pan On, Sheraton Maui Restaurants,