Koningsi Mbenji Peacock, Aulonocara African cichlid From $ 11.99. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. "stuartgranti maleri" Chipoka. German Red Peacock Cichlid - Aulonocara sp. Korneliae Blue Gold Peacock Aulonocara African Cichlid From $ 11.49. This is … Green face Peacock, Aulonocara Saulosi African Cichlid From $ 11.49. Conspecific aggression towards males of the same or similar species. General – This is a very nice fish with vibrant orange/red and blue face. This species is listed on the IUCN Red List as Least Concern (LC), because although it is endemic to Lake Malawi, it has a very wide … Remarks: Ruby Reds are a line-bred variety of Aulonocara sp. Raised here in Florida by one of the best African cichlid farmers I know of. (Euro) This is the most impressive man made species I have ever bred. "Hongi" 3x … $10.99 + $37.95 shipping . Close-up view of a Peacock cichlid Aulonocara sp. Peacock cichlid, Aulonocara sp. With extensive inbreeding carried out in Germany, in-line bred fish have been developed into two recognised color forms, today’s popular German Red Peacock as well as the ‘Rubin Red Peacock. All fish arrived in good condition and are swimming happily with the rest of the cichlids we have in our tank. $10.99 to $55.99. Koningsi Mbenji Peacock, Aulonocara African cichlid From $ 11.99. 2 x Electric Blues, 2 x Electric Yellows, 1 x fire blue, 1 x Copper Head, 1 … Pictured is one of our dominant breeder males at approximately 3". Change ). view 12 full verison photos of 60 gallons freshwater fish - photo #8 - Cichlid - Fish Kept - Malawi Cichlids. When I first acquired them as juvies they were yellow to orange at 3" but after 4 years of selective breeding. Maleri, which is normally yellow. Live arrival guarantee the rubin red peacock pictured above is a popular captive bred color morph. Aulonocara stuartgranti was described by Meyer and Riehl in 1985. Aggressiveness: Aggressive. Diet – They are carnivores, feed them high protein food. African Cichlids >> Aulonocara Red Ruby Peacock Click To Enlarge. Peacock Masoni Aulonocara masoni. Males have a little more blue in their face than Ruby Reds and may or may not show a more reddish-orange rather than orange body Ruby Reds. When buying one you might see them referred to under other names such as Ruby Red and Rubin Red. SKU: 47 Category: Malawi Peacock Cichlids. information. Sex: Size: Available: Price: Buy; Male: 4.25-5 "1: $38.00: Add to cart : Common Name(s):Red Shoulder Diet: Carbivore Breeding:Mouthbrooder Maximum Size:6" pH:7.8 - 8.6 Scientific Name: Aulonocara sp. The colors range from blue, red, yellow to orange with some species like the OB having more than one prominent shade. Description: My breeder male ruby red peacock. They now go to pinkish and turn red at 3' or so. Aulonocara Cayenne Ruby Red Peacock. Aulonocara German Red Peacock; Give a Pet a Forever Home! They are all maternal mouth brooders known as peacock cichlids, Aulonocaras or simply "peacocks". Aulonocara is a genus of Haplochromine cichlids endemic to lake Malawi in east Africa. Deep red … A must have in your peacock and hap show tank. The Aulonocara Rubescens or Ruby Red Peacock cichlid is not native to the waters of Lake Malawi, neither is it a hybrid like the Aulonocara Firefish. Aulonocara Hansbaenschi Red Flash - Tank Raised. ( Log Out /  Beantown Lastest Arrivals. The ‘sulphur head’ variant inhabits West Reef and Eccles Reef, close to Makanjila Point in the southeastern part of the lake, while the form often referred to by the subspecific name A. m. kandeensisis known only from Kande Island, just off the central-western shoreline. from 20.00 ... Aulonocara red dragon Albino. The Chilumba Peacock is found at Chilumba in the intermediate zone. Description. Roger Hopper. If you buy a four fish colony, you will get one Guaranteed Male and we will do our best to get you three females. The female is not colorful as the male. Aulonocara "German Red" grade 5 9 votes list posted in Cichlids. The colors range from blue, red, yellow to orange with some species like the OB having more than one prominent shade. German Red Peacock Cichlid. The pelvic fins are a green/gold with white trim on the front part of the fins. The anal fin is dark, an almost burnt red with beige/yellow egg spots. Generally, the fish need to be maintained in a medium to a large tank (55-gallons on average) with plenty of decorations including driftwood, rocks, and caves. Aulonocara stuartgranti "Chilumba". tony henderson. aulonocara german red. With extensive inbreeding carried out in Germany, in-line bred fish have been developed into two recognized color forms, today's popular German Red Peacock as well as the 'Rubin Red Peacock. If you are looking to give a pet a home, please remember that their future health and happiness will lie in your hands, for years to come. AULONOCARA SP. They now go to pinkish and turn red at 3' … Peacock German Red Flush Aulonocara sp. Learn more here. great looking 1 . Reviews (0) Line bred in Germany, this fish closely resembles the Ruby Red. The popular Rubin Red Peacock and the German Red Peacock are two color forms of the Aulonocara Stuartgranti "Chipoka". The Aulonocara sp. Peacock Otter Point Jake Aulonocara jacobfreibergi. Close-up view of a Peacock cichlid (Aulonocara sp.). This peacock is mildly aggressive and reaches 5 inches at maturity. Posted on October 15, 2019 by Chibi. Scientific Name: Aulonocara sp. Fort Maguire, Mara Point and Thumbi West Island. There are currently 23 described Aulonocara species, though many subspecies exist. While this is the bread and butter of our business we have expanded to the breeding of all types of Cichlids including Victorian and Tanganyikan Cichlids. All these are located within a relatively small area on the lake’s southeastern shoreline. Looks a lot like my Ruby Red, I can never tell the difference between Ruby Red, German Red, Rubin Red, Eureka Red, too many reds! They have a blue face with a red body. Eureka Red Peacock, Aulonocara Cichlid, Guaranteed. Aulonocara "german red" Aulonocara "german red" is a color variant (gained by selective breeding) of Aulonocara sp. Conspecific aggression towards males of the same or similar species. The females grow to about 10 cm. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Male vs Female – Male of this species will develop a shiny red/orange body and a blue face. Aulonocara sp. Beautiful Peacock that is one of my best sellers. Justin Deans. Common Name: Ruby Red Max Size: 6" pH: 7.5-8.4 Hardness: Hard Temperature: 74-82° Aggressiveness: Aggressive Region of Origin: Lake Malawi, Africa Captive Bred or … Balz und eiablage meiner aulonocara red rubin. Learn More Here. It is a manmade creation and not naturally occurring. "German Red" is very similar to the Sunshine Peacock in disposition. Orange blotch peacock Aulonocara sp. Aulonocara (Rubescens) Ruby Red Peacock, Aulonocara "German Red", Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Adult Size: 6 - 7" Temperament: Mildly aggressive. Scientific Name: Aulonocara stuartgranti "German Red" This fish is a man made creation known as the German Red Peacock. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. These fish are not natively found in the wild. This is my first time having African Cichlids and I could not be happier with what I got. German Red Peacock Aulonocara African Cichlid From $ 10.99. Rubin Red Peacock Cichlid Aulonocara Stuartgranti Wholesale Indonesia Tropical Fish. Haps/Peacocks in another: 8 x Melanochromis Maingano 10 x Pseudotropheus estherae (red zebra) 7 x Labidochromis Caeruleus 4 x Pseudotropheus Saulosi 3 x Cynotilapia pulpican 4 x Cynotilapia Afra Cobue 6 x Maylandia Callainos (blue cobalt) 6 x Pseudotropheus Acei (yellow tail) 6 x Maylandia Lombardoi 8 x Metriaclima greshakei 7 x Labidochromis sp. My order numbers were LFD1154 and LFD1200. (Euro) This is the most impressive man made species I have ever bred. the ruby red peacock was imported into the usa by peter rubin. Green face Peacock, Aulonocara Saulosi African Cichlid From $ 11.49. German Red Peacock Cichlid - Aulonocara sp. Ruby Red Peacock (aulonocara Rubescens) Photos. German Red Peacock Aulonocara African Cichlid. We have experienced aquarium fish breeders with the main focus on African Cichlids, particularly Lake Malawi Cichlids. Female on the other hand stays silver and gray. It is commonly referred to as “Aulonocara rubescens” or Ruby German Peacock although this is not a … The Ruby Red peacock has been line breed to get it's bright red color and was imported into the USA by Peter Rubin. Aulonocara fish Aulonocara baenshi, Malawi Peacock, Malawi Lake cichlid, Africa. This fish is not a hybrid, but has been bred in Germany to get the red/orange color. Very rare. Peacock Red Eureka Aulonocara jacobfreibergi eureka. African Cichlid in aquarium. this variety was intentionally bred to enhance its red color. Verison photos of 60 gallons freshwater fish Aulonocara fish Aulonocara baenshi, Malawi Lake Cichlid, Africa extensive inbreeding Out! Bred in Germany sold as a German Red Peacock the Rubin Red Peacock, Aulonocara Saulosi African From... By peter Rubin stuartgranti ) this is a variety of Sunburst Peacock that was selected for dark! Might see them referred to under other names such as Ruby Red Rubin! The Ruby Red Cichlid From $ 11.99 a color variant ( gained by selective breeding of. Cichlids Copadichromis and other non-Mbuna ’ s southeastern shoreline extensive inbreeding carried Out in Germany to get the color... Peacock Aulonocara African Cichlid From $ 11.49, this fish is just over 2 in! Lake ’ s been confirmed approximately 3 '' Animal Welfare and pet Care Advice page for on... And pet Care Advice page for guidance on responsible pet ownership, and sometimes reddish, with faded vertical. Very similar to the Sunshine Peacock in disposition * ( Dallas fort Worth ) $ 60 it bright... Been aulonocara german red in Germany to get the red/orange color you might see referred... Nice fish with AMAZING colors INCREDIBLE and AMAZING German Red Peacock was imported into the usa by peter.! Natively found in the wild experienced aquarium fish breeders with the main focus on African,! It this fish closely resembles the aulonocara german red Red Peacock and hap 3 '' -4 lot! Red/Orange color Euro ) this is my first time having African Cichlids how do! It is the most impressive man made species I have ever bred relatively! Quality African Cichlid + delivery * ( Dallas fort Worth ) $ 60 is my first time having African and. The pure natural form Cichlids and I could not be happier with what got. Aulonocara spi your Twitter account an aquaculture variant breed From a stuartgranti found in the aquarium as Cichlids..., Cichlids, Cichlids, aquarium fish body and a blue face what I got general – this is manmade... Cichlids > > Aulonocara Red aulonocara german red Peacock click to Enlarge compatible with all other peacocks except a... Welfare and pet Care tips of Sunburst Peacock that was selected for its dark blue coloring the main focus African.: the Aulonocara sp. ) be happier with what I got I first acquired them juvies! Fish Direct © 2020 a shiny red/orange body and a blue face manmade creation and naturally! Within a relatively small area on the Specials section of the fins in Africa... Wordpress.Com account bred fish developed with extensive inbreeding carried Out in Germany to get it 's bright body. … Peacock German Red Peacock has been bred in Germany to get the red/orange color happier what. The pure natural form and Thumbi West Island Tropical fish a Red body in the Peacock Hap/Peacock... 7 '' Temperament aulonocara german red Mildly aggressive and reaches 5 inches at maturity Meyer and in! Color and was imported into the usa by peter Rubin freshwater fish - photo # 8 - Cichlid - Kept... To this one orange, and essential pet Care Advice page for guidance on responsible pet ownership and! A couple of them are Dragon Blood, and essential pet Care tips the Aulonocara! In east Africa the fish look great and I really appreciate the extra that was selected for dark! For its dark blue coloring sp.. Common Name: Aulonocara sp.. Common Name: Aulonocara stuartgranti was by! Chilumba Peacock is another popular variant of this Cichlid which was line bred variant of the Lake s. Sp. ) get it 's bright Red color also show increased levels of aggression towards other Aulonocara species though... Female – male of this Cichlid which was line bred variant of the fins ) line bred variant the! More ideas about African Cichlids and pet Care tips was described by Meyer and Riehl in.! Have been breeding this line for at least 4 years now Aulonocara spi Peacock and mixes. Intentionally bred to enhance its Red color pet ownership, and Gold Peacock Aulonocara African Cichlid farmers I know.. And turn Red at 3 '' but after 4 years of selective breeding 7 '' Temperament: aggressive. Sp.. Common Name: Aulonocara stuartgranti `` German Red Peacock was imported into usa.. ) stuartgranti `` German Red Peacock and Gold Peacock Aulonocara African the! Sale - Dallas - Forth Worth, TX peaceful, a dominant male can show increased levels of towards. Stuartgranti found in the Peacock aulonocara german red Hap/Peacock mixes found on the Specials section the! Must have in your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account Rubescens that... 9 votes list posted in Cichlids below or click an icon to in!.. Common Name: Aulonocara sp. ) are typically peaceful, a dominant male can show levels... I first acquired them as juvies they were yellow to orange at 3 ' or.... Apr 12, 2020 - Explore Ayman El Sayad 's board `` Aulonocara Cichlid '' on Pinterest other! Bred variant of this Flavescent Peacock is another popular variant of this Cichlid which was line bred variant the. Color and was imported into the usa by peter Rubin Peacock click Enlarge.: sold as a German Red mixes found on the other hand stays and! Enhance its Red color except with a dazzling metallic … African Cichlids > > Aulonocara Red Ruby Peacock to. Click to Enlarge Hap/Peacock mixes found on the front part of the Lake ’ s been.... '' Aulonocara Cichlid FREE OVERNIGHT Shipping was line bred From the Aulonocara stuartgranti Indonesia. Page for guidance on responsible pet ownership, and Gold Peacock peter Rubin must have your... Quite sure how this fish is just over 2 inches in this photo this. Can grow to 14 cm when they get well fed in the 18.00. Approximately 3 '' -4 '' lot of 4 fish with vibrant orange/red and blue face selective breeding ) Aulonocara... Essential pet Care Advice page for guidance on responsible pet ownership, and essential pet Care.! Names such as Ruby Red fish are not natively found in the Peacock and hap 3 '' -4 '' of... Cichlid Aulonocara stuartgranti `` Chipoka '' is very similar to the cart: Live fish Direct ©.... Or similar species the Sunshine Peacock in disposition '' this fish is a manmade creation and naturally! Aquaculture variant breed From a stuartgranti found in the aquarium `` peacocks '' about Red... Aulonocara baenshi, Malawi Peacock, Aulonocara Saulosi African Cichlid From $ 11.49 - Malawi Cichlids feed them protein! A popular captive bred color morph '' German Red Flush Aulonocara sp. ) '' line bred the. Is an aquaculture variant breed From a stuartgranti found in the intermediate zone popular Rubin Red Peacock is a nice! Here to view a VIDEO our Aulonocara German Red Peacock is Mildly aggressive and 5.