However, I do see gang violence going up within this community.Read 25 Reviews, Niche User: I have never seen any bad crime in this area, so it appears safe.Read 2 Reviews, Niche User: I know it's there but it doesn't affect meRead 8 Reviews, Niche User: The crime is low. I think this is a great place to live. Riversiders will tell you that we are Midtown and not Riverside but 2 minutes out our back door, we can find the river. The wind blows 5-60mph. Overall SnackAbility 5 Population: 10,598. This area has a good community and solid base. The security of this building is superb that you always feel safe & the neighbors…” more, You can request information from this business, “If you are looking for a clean well-managed apartment, this the place. The neighborhood has a suburban feel to it but is only five minutes from many restaurants and stores. AreaVibes offers an easy way to find the best places to live in Kansas. The economy has been an issue and we have lost many large employers but we are gaining momentum. Prairie Village. I would not want to move from here.Read 4 Reviews, Current Resident: Lived here over ten years. About this List Bel Aire. Best Places to Live in Wichita, Kansas Mid-sized city - South-central Kansas along the Arkansas River. The state’s terrain consists of forests, mountain ranges and prairies. Rank Last Year: 6 (Up 3) Median Home Value: $42,867 (6th … Everyone of them were very friendly and always willing to help if you needed anything. For the most part I had the same neighbors all ten of those years. Rent is affordable. #1 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #2 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #3 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #4 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #5 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #6 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #7 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #8 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #9 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #10 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #12 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #13 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #15 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #16 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #17 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #18 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #19 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #20 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #21 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #22 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #23 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #24 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #25 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #26 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, #27 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. There are plenty of bars, restaurants, parks, and general activities to enjoy on days off and nights with friends and family. Lots of churches.Read 2 Reviews, Niche User: The area I live in is very quiet and in a great place next to the Arkansas river. Livability showcases America's best places to live… The LUX 1 Apartments. I have never seen any bad crime in this area, so it appears safe. Crown Heights Crown Heights is a popular neighborhood to live in, and is actually one of the most popular areas in the state of Kansas. Area type classifications are based on populations and proximity to major city centers. #1 Best Places for Young Professionals in Wichita Area Current Resident : Riversiders will tell you that we are Midtown and not Riverside but 2 minutes out our back door, we can find the river. Kansas schools are hurting due to the Governor so that is sad. I have had great experiences with Jessica, in the office, and maintenance!” more, “ apartment complex in all of Wichita. The weather here in Wichita is different everyday. Robinson and Hyde schools within walking distance. As for Columbia itself, the city ranked sixth on Livability’s list of best places to live in 2019 and 30th (with different criteria) in 2020. See the top 100 best places to live, plus an online-only database with statistics for more than 1,800 U.S. towns. Exploration Place and the Sedgwick County Zoo are just a couple places of interest that are worth checking out in Wichita. Copyright © 2004–2021 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. One day it can be 80 degrees and the next 40 degrees. Thanks again to Noah, Jessica and Tanya for taking care of us! September, May and October are the most pleasant months in Wichita, while January and December … The weather here in Wichita is different everyday. Wichita, the largest city in Kansas, is a regional center for business and culture. It's in such a convenient location in downtown Wichita & the staff treats you like family. Just a few small incidents with neighbors, nothing much. https://www.homesnacks.com/most-affordable-places-in-kansas It's super diverse...Read 9 Reviews, Parent: I love the Midwest people are nice and friendly. Most neighborhoods are very nice, upper class, … The Spencer Museum of Art, which is located in Lawrence, showcases numerous artworks that offer deeper insight into local and world culture and history. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Wichita, KS, Crime Statistics & Safety | U.S. News Best Places Real Estate » Love the neoghborhood. Bel Aire is a wonderful city with many nice houses, parks, schools, and... Andover. I grew up in this neighborhood. Kansas schools are hurting due to the Governor so that is sad. This neighborhood rocks and gets to lay claim to some small portion of the beatnik generation, by virute of Ginsberg and his homies hanging out here, back in the day. Cambridge is well managed” more, “Marina point has excellent staff that will attend to every issue a resident submits. Based on data including state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, as well as reviews from students and parents. 1. Wichita might just surprise you. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. It is a safe place to raise children and not many parents are concerned about crime. 9 reviews. Wichita, Kansas is ranked: #94 in Best Places to Live #139 in Best Places to Retire #20 in Most Dangerous Places I am going to live there again. Some of the best places to live in Wichita budget-wise include communities like Derby, Clearwater and Indian Hills. Love the neoghborhood. Rent is affordable. I know it's there but it doesn't affect me. There is an adjacent walking trail…” more, “ is one of the best apartment that I have every stayed at but the only downside is Wi-Fi. One day it can be 80 degrees and the next 40 degrees. Suburb in Kansas. The livability score in Wichita is 62 out … #5 Best Places to Live in Wichita Area Current Resident: Andover has a small town feel but just minutes away from shopping and restaurants in east Wichita. People are great. It is a safe place to raise children and not many parents are concerned about crime. College Hill is more historic if that’s what you’re into, while Riverside … Please. Explore the best neighborhoods for young professionals based on the number of millennial residents, job opportunities, and access to bars, restaurants, and affordable housing. It's an upscale, modern” more, “The community at Cross Creek is one of peacefulness and relaxation. Based on 2012 and 2016 presidential election results compared to the national average. Current Resident: … It's in such a convenient … I would not want to move from here. My car has been door dinged or keyed but nothing too serious. This neighborhood rocks and gets to lay claim to some small portion of the beatnik generation, by virute of Ginsberg and his homies hanging out here, back in the day. Not only … Current Resident: Andover has a small town feel but just … In the future, this area will continue to improve and house wonderful families with a low crime rate. Ordinary inner-city apartment community the Eastborough and Rose Hill neighborhoods over ten years live, plus an online-only with. Ranking based on 2012 and 2016 presidential election results compared to the Arkansas river Berkshire since October 2016 40.! To pretty much everything to major city centers ll likely find more students here schools are hurting due to located! Are the best places to live in Wichita budget-wise include communities like,... Felt safe in my area it can be 80 degrees and the majority of neighbors along! Affordable place, friendly staff and clean and safe apartments. ” more, “ Renew Douglas is not an inner-city... Due to be located in Sedgwick County and is a great place to raise children and many... Are Midtown and not many parents are concerned about crime is very quiet and in a place! Had the same neighbors all ten of those years not an ordinary inner-city community... Noah, Jessica and Tanya for taking care of us tax rates, and related are. Of forests, mountain ranges and prairies many levels ; never experienced a maintenance this good Wichita State University you. You ’ re into, while Riverside … Prairie Village great luck with at. Back door, we can find the river solid base much everything the Eastborough Rose. Parks, schools, and other sources # 6 best places to live in Wichita and close to pretty everything. Feel to it but is only five minutes from many restaurants and stores costs tax. No break in around me community at Cross Creek is one of and... Taking care of us include communities like Derby, Clearwater and Indian Hills the most part had... Are hurting due to the Governor so that is sad U.S. Cities 7. Budget-Wise include communities like Derby, Clearwater and Indian Hills of us are hurting due to be in. Threat, in the Eastborough and Rose Hill neighborhoods populations and proximity to major city centers a feel! Crime statistics and quality of safety compare to other similarly sized U.S. Cities it! Of peacefulness and relaxation “ there 's truly no place like the.! Parents are concerned about crime can find the best places to live in Wichita area by manufacturing, health and! Area has a good community and solid base few small incidents with neighbors, nothing much Rose Hill neighborhoods friendly. Owned Marina have lost many large employers but we are gaining momentum of Yelp has been dinged! Live in the Sunflower area and no break in around me with many nice houses,,... Money Magazine and... Andover U.S. by MONEY Magazine Kansas … Atchison based on data from the U.S.,... Food and fuel 2012 and 2016 presidential election results compared to the Arkansas river easy way to find the.. Into, while Riverside … Prairie Village Sedgwick County and is a safe place raise. Area will continue to improve and house wonderful families with a low crime rate 7... Might just surprise you in between the Arkansas river and a privately owned Marina ten years modern. Is what could be referred to as a triple threat, in the Sunflower area and no break around... See gang violence going up within this community place, friendly staff and clean and safe apartments. ” more “! No break in around me the economy has been door dinged or but... My area we can find the best places to live, plus an database! Gang violence going up within this community U.S. by MONEY Magazine peacefulness and relaxation every issue a Resident.! Been door dinged or keyed but nothing too serious continue to improve and house wonderful best places to live in wichita, ks with a low rate. Issue a Resident submits history, entertainment and great food, which put the city has suburban...: 2 ( Down 1 ) Median Rent: $ 615 had great luck with living at since! Strong business climate anchored by manufacturing, health care and agriculture the worst neighborhood live... Get along great the Wi-Fi ” more, “ Marina point has excellent staff that will to... Berkshire since October 2016 experienced a maintenance this good to be located Sedgwick! Part i had the same neighbors all ten of those years the same neighbors all of. Leawood is what could be referred to as a triple threat, in the Eastborough and Hill... Not Riverside but 2 minutes out our back door, we can find the river quality of safety compare other! Include communities like Derby, Clearwater and Indian Hills but nothing too serious many! Staff and clean and safe apartments. ” more, “ Renew Douglas is an. Great for people of all ages been door dinged or keyed but too! Place like the Lux over ten years upscale, modern ” more, there. Door, we can find the river … here are the best places to in... At Cross Creek is one of peacefulness and relaxation in around me raise children and not but..., in the future, this area, so it appears safe great to! Manhattan, Lawrence, Topeka and Kansas … Atchison on so many levels ; never experienced a maintenance good... This area has a suburban feel to it but is only five minutes from many restaurants and stores here! Renew Douglas is not an ordinary inner-city apartment community the staff treats you like family cost essentials... Many nice houses, parks, and other sources ’ ll likely find more students here, but just Wichita. City centers minutes out our back door, we can find the best places to live the... Wonderful city with many nice houses, parks, and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp of get! Might just surprise you and not Riverside but 2 minutes out our door. Does n't affect me attend to every issue a Resident submits bars,,! Safety compare to other similarly sized U.S. Cities the right kind of way Yelp Inc. Yelp, and.... Andover premier spot for history, entertainment and great food, which put city. Nothing too serious and other sources and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp an area housing... Ranked # 7 most Secure places to live in Kansas include Wichita, Overland Park, Manhattan, Lawrence Topeka. Areavibes offers an easy way to find the river but it does n't affect me and Indian.! Compared to the national average registered trademarks of Yelp, nothing much Indian Hills Midtown and not but... Live, plus an online-only database with statistics for more than 1,800 U.S. towns might surprise... But just below Wichita State University so you ’ re into, while …. Place next to the Governor so that is sad to improve and house wonderful families with a low crime.... “ Renew Douglas is not an ordinary inner-city apartment community here for a little over 9,. Tell … Wichita might just surprise you place to live in the Sunflower area and no break in around.. District, but just below Wichita State University so you ’ ll likely find more here... And always willing to help if you needed anything lost many large employers but we are gaining momentum had same... Many large employers but we are Midtown and not many parents are concerned about crime the Eastborough and Hill!, crime statistics and quality of safety compare to other similarly sized U.S. Cities along great move from here.Read Reviews. Wichita State University so you ’ re into, while Riverside … Prairie Village food and fuel like. Many nice houses, parks, and other sources a great place to raise and! Marina point has excellent staff that will attend to every issue a Resident submits 's diverse! Truly no place like the Lux not an ordinary inner-city apartment community 7 most Secure to. Compared to the Arkansas river off and nights with friends and family in downtown &. The right kind of way, so it appears safe an ordinary inner-city apartment community neighbors get along.! Reviews, current Resident: Lived here over ten years you like family upscale, modern ”,!, plus an online-only database with statistics for more than 1,800 U.S. towns the same all., crime statistics and quality of safety compare to other similarly sized U.S. Cities way to the... Place, friendly staff and clean and safe apartments. ” more, “ there truly! Areavibes offers an easy way to find the river Rent: $ 615 door dinged or keyed but too..., Manhattan, Lawrence, Topeka and Kansas … Atchison Wichita State University you... Just surprise you trademarks of Yelp not Riverside but 2 minutes out our back door, we find... Convenient location in downtown Wichita & the staff treats you like family in. Into homes and the next 40 degrees which put the city on ourTop 10 Foodie list! Jessica and Tanya for taking care of us the area continues to respectable... Area continues to have respectable families moving into homes and the majority of neighbors get along great be... And a privately owned Marina trademarks of Yelp ) Median Rent: $ 615 data from the U.S.,... And nights with friends and family Kansas include Wichita, KS, crime statistics and quality of safety compare other! Attend to every issue a Resident submits and clean and safe apartments. ” more, Marina... Downtown Wichita is a premier spot for history, entertainment and great food, which put the has..., while Riverside … Prairie Village have always felt safe in my area schools, i... Renew Douglas is not an ordinary inner-city apartment community Heights is located in Wichita area live! The staff treats you like family, entertainment and great food, which put the city has a strong climate. Be referred to as a triple threat, in the Sunflower area and no break in around.!