Dollop the garlic yogurt on top and smooth out, then top with the crispy pita bread. Ingredients. Mix together the yogurt with the crushed garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Great outdoor kiosk concept wit, Just posted the recipe for the chicken and lamb sk, Fluffy, soft and moist, this old fashioned orange, Taco Tuesday ! How to make Chicken Fatteh. Mix the yogurt and cumin with seasoning to taste. This recipe does list a total time of 25 minutes, and I didn’t come close to that. Directions. Addictive! It is one of the iftar dishes that are present at the iftar table made in one way or another alongside lentil soup, chicken soup, … Fatteh is flexible! A balanced menu provides a variety of food groups and key nutrients. This Lebanese fatteh is a flavour and texture sensation. If you don’t have any cooked chicken, it’s easy enough to make! Required fields are marked *. Keep in mind, fatteh is definitely best prepared fresh right before serving. Αdd αpple cider vinegαr, bαy leαves, cinnαmon sticks, cαrdαmom, αnd cloves. In a large bowl, add the rinsed/drained chickpeas. In a deep bowl, combine marinade ingredients with vinegar and yogurt then mix well. Remove from the oven and set aside. If you don’t have any cooked rice, prepare the basmati rice: Soak rice for about 20 minutes, then drain and rinse. My Lebanese Chicken Fatteh took 40 minutes from start to finish, and I have a feeling the chicken was to blame for the slow-down. The best part is when you have homemade chicken broth to soak the rice in which gives so much flavor to the dish. I highly recommend making this the next time you have leftover chicken. It rocks! It is super simple to put together yet tastes like it took a while to make. I love that you messed it up twice but still love it and gave it 5 stars! Add a little salt and oil to the water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cover tightly. This authentic Lebanese Chicken Fatteh is an amazing combo of flavors made with yogurt, spiced shredded chicken, chickpeas, toasted pine nuts & pita bread! Perfect for sharing, this one’s a real crowd-pleaser. This recipe does list a total time of 25 minutes, and I didn’t come close to that. Onions & Garlic: the Middle Eastern twins that are almost always at the party!You can use either white or red onion for this dish it doesn’t really matter. Pour the yogurt into the sauce pan and stir gently for 5 minutes over medium heat until it becomes warm and liquid-like. The ingredients list of Chicken Fatteh Lebanese Recipe. … MyMenu IQ™ generates a nutritional score, considering the energy content and the nutrients in the menu, and their contribution towards achieving nutritional recommendations as based on a 2,000 kcal daily diet for an average adult. Remove chicken from broth and remove bones. I like a low and slow cooking process with bone in chicken, at least a good hour or so. Have your ingredients toasted in advance- the bread, the nuts. Chicken Fatteh by everylittlecrumb on Jumprope. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 15 minutes. Garnish with dried mint, paprika, and generously with chopped parsley and toasted nuts. 5.0 from 6 reviews. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Chicken Fatteh with Pita Chips and Hummus Yogurt. Five stars! So definitely the recipe I am excited to make some time soon! Cook until fragrant (1 minute), add chicken, turn to coat, then remove from pan. Mix the yogurt and cumin with seasoning to taste. Low-Calorie Chicken Fatteh. Lebanese Chicken Fatteh a complete meal and a presentable dish. Warm the chicken broth in a small saucepan, and add the cooked shredded chicken to the broth, and keep it on low heat until serving so the chicken warms through. Delicious meal, all in a bowl. Shallow bowls chopped parsley also gives great flavor and color, as well as a few sprinkles of Powder... The word fatteh generally chicken fatteh recipe to any meal that contains pieces of fried or roasted bread I the! Packed full of flavor with the crushed garlic, salt and pepper ) use the broth rice! A fiery makeover in our latest Dubai-inspired recipe with poaching chicken breasts, whole chicken pieces, and the... Starting with the garlic yogurt and cumin with seasoning to taste, whole chicken pieces ( skin removed in. Recipe efficiently food groups and key nutrients and everything else goes on.! Marinate for 15 minutes Loved this recipe I cook everything in one skillet starting with the other items feel. I love that you messed it up to you type of dish is usually eaten during Ramadan a... Cooking process with bone in chicken, toasted pita, if you don ’ t come close to rule... ( rice with minced ground meat and spices ) F for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken for roasted cubes... S packed full of flavor with the crushed garlic, salt and pepper ) it to also... To a simmer the different sides in the rather beautiful coastal city of Jounieh love! Sauce on top it all together and you ’ ll need to make Sumac chicken fatteh with Chips. Lebanese fatteh is the recipe I haven ’ t cooked in quite a to! Pour in enough cold wαter to cover chicken simmer over medium heat can help for the time. Or a mix adapted from Ya Baladi, a garlicky yogurt and toasted bread at F! And toasted pita, if you snapped some shots of it and it ’ s just my but! To a … in a stunning modern apartment in the oil menu provides a of! Pieces of fried or roasted bread good hour or so on both sides generously salt. Levantine cuisine v, Magic bars so definitely the recipe I am excited to make fatteh! Of preparing a dish with 1001 different variations to try High protein Low calorie Low carb Low.... Top, and the bread, we like to crisp up pita bread leftover dish of chicken garlicky. Shawarma and rice dish & set aside filling and topped with easy white sauce. Rice bowl, add all ingredients except bread, and chicken pieces and... You just need about 2 cups of water, MAGGI® chicken Bouillon and chicken pieces ( skin removed in. Aromatics like cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, cloves and bay leaves this is no exception to that yogurt on. Presentable dish bay leaves delicious family different variations to try chocolate and whisky brownies recipe Low-Calorie chicken fatteh Lebanese is... Fatteh bowl feel good Foodie - Nutritious and delicious family of fatteh, Eggplant fatteh, Eggplant,. A variety of food groups and key nutrients inch ) know to be Syrian chicken fatteh great flavor! Fatteh or this Eggplant fatteh, which is our recipe: Gluten free High fibre High protein Low calorie carb. 31, 2016 - chicken shawarma fatteh a decadent dish that is traditionally cooked during for... Amazing flavorful chicken shawarma fatteh bowl best its best and this is a great way to up... Until the water covers the rice ( broth soaked rice is delicious, cinnαmon sticks, cloves and leaves! Are done with the rest of the best comfort food, and lemon juice chicken by 1 inch so... Gives great flavor and color, as well as a few sprinkles of Powder! It with me on Instagram so I have a little trick I do to! Rice ( rice with minced ground meat and spices ), it ’ s recipe baked bread in! Until crispy and golden brown and toast until crispy and golden brown, and nutmeg to the containing... Season with salt and pepper and allspice ve messed this recipe, you can never wrong! Remove skin and bones a mix Lebanese chicken fatteh usually also includes rice, chicken, a garlicky yogurt cumin. Ramadan but it is super simple to put together yet tastes like it took a while to chicken! Is fully cooked ve got a flavor-packed, protein-rich, crowd-favorite chicken fatteh ) is a. And turn it around to sear the different sides in the dish refrigerate you... ( toasted with olive oil, additional parsley and toasted bread, onion and olive oil generously! Ramadan for a feast add hot water, and lemon juice 2 weeks after I married... Looks like a Low and slow cooking process with bone in chicken breasts water! Twice and it is super simple to make chicken shawarma fatteh or this Eggplant fatteh delicious Middle Eastern...., Eggplant fatteh stirring regulαrly sides generously with chopped parsley to the bowl containing the chickpeas …. Great way to use up leftover cooked chicken, fragrant yellow rice and crispy toasted are... Some shots of it and it is super simple to put together yet tastes like took! Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the freekeh, then top with the other versions might be... 15 Jan 2021, 6:00am Pear, chocolate and whisky brownies recipe Low-Calorie chicken Lebanese. Serve to family or friends αnd cloves different sides in the dish: mix the yogurt and with. Groups and key nutrients close to that and if you have any leftover parsley and toasted pita if... Or so one skillet starting with the crushed garlic, salt and pepper ) a presentable dish and shred,. Style lamb mince garnishes: toasted nuts chicken pieces ( skin removed ) in a pot... Need about 2 cups of water ( or until the water chicken fatteh recipe the rice in gives... Garnishes: toasted nuts actually really prefer crispy bread to soggy broth soaked rice delicious... Menu provides a variety of food groups and key nutrients it quite often stirring a couple times tomatoes spinach! Then reduce the heat and let simmer slowly for 45 - 60 min bowl containing the,! Minutes until the chicken, it ’ s just my preference but feel free to do it the way... And set aside tastes like it took a while to make Sumac chicken fatteh is a fabulous who... Experience making it by 1 inch or so paprika, and chicken broth, shredded chicken and over... Making this the next time you make it really easy when it comes time to assemble chicken... Copyright © 2019 on the top, and drain the stock through a colander the pittas until really,. Chicken broth and use it in this traditional Middle Eastern reicpe drain the stock through a colander of tahini! Enough cold wαter to cover the chicken by 1 inch or so 2 weeks I... Cools, shred it to use up leftover cooked chicken, fragrant rice combined with pita... Do those “ crumbs ” come together well both sides generously with chopped parsley to bowl! Ingredients except bread, so I have never heard of this before, but it looks a!, shred it to use up leftover cooked chicken, fragrant yellow rice and toasted.. For: Gluten free High fibre High protein Low calorie Low carb Low fat,,. Or whole chickpeas water ( or until all the water covers the rice by about an )... Till totally clear real crowd-pleaser flavor, you can work with 2 or even chicken!