If your dog has hair … My cat is a medium haired domestic named Georgie. I love this thing. I had some concern the hard tines of the brush would be uncomfortable for her old bones but this turned out to be an unfounded worry. He was also highly skeptical, but we decided it was worth a try. I could not comprehend how much fur came off him, it looked exactly like some of the pictures I had seen in the reviews before purchasing. It works so well that those in our group of community cats that like to be brushed--in particular two long med/long haired feral cats--wait for me every evening so that they can have treats and be "Furminated." Learn more about The FURminator Ultimate Hair Reduction System. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The long hair stainless steel edge reaches deep beneath your cat’s long topcoat to safely remove undercoat and loose hair, The FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair … The FURminator dog brush, is it worth the money? Understandably, I was a bit miffed at having wasted twenty bucks on some worthless gloves! The oil was horrible as he turned into a feral crazy cat willing to maim as we held him down. It is seriously amazing. For Large, Long Haired Cats By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator deShedding Tool enables you to share your home with your cat, without surrendering it to their shedding. At first I thought the Furminator brush was amazing, but the more I used it I realized it was actually just razoring my cat's hair instead of actually brushing. He is a medium dense fur cat with longish fur. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It got very bad. But his shedding was out of control and would literally end up everywhere. A handful of hair came off of Steven in minutes. Easy to clean the hair off with the push button on the back. Even though I comb my long-haired cat twice a day (which he LOVES! We’ve tried lots over the years. And I found dry blood out of each pore on the areas I used this to brush her fur. It is possible to take too much fur, or none at all. If I hold it at a 90 degree angle, barely any fur comes out at all. - Long Haired, Small Cat (under 10 pounds) - Long Haired, Large Cat (over 10 pounds) They also sell a wonderful tool for kittens called My FURst Groomer, designed with a kitten's delicate skin in mind. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on August 1, 2019. Sheds all over the place? That makes it kind of frustrating to work with, because you feel like you're never going to get to a point where giant wads of hair are no longer … Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2019. I decided to try the furminator and see if it could help. After the product arrived I opened it an immediately tried it on my large, long-haired cat. His fur on his body was lying so sleek to his body when I was done. Our cat is pain in the butt when it comes to brushing him. Please note: Be careful how often you brush your cat. I also realized that towards the end of the month my cat started to look scraggly and puffy and I didn't know why. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I was HIGHLY skeptical. I'm careful around the cheeks so I don't yank any whiskers. I could literally go over my cats … So I went for the Furminator. It removes a lot of loose fur … Not to mention unprofessional. I feel like I brush them but I still find little cat hair tumbleweeds floating around the floor, or my cats have the occasional fur ball. My cat did not care for the gloves even a little bit. I have two long hair cats and nothing else i've tried on the market removes as much hair as this. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2017. If you're having a hard time getting your pets' shedding under control, I think its worth the bucks. Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2016, De-matting will always take time and patience, but this is an excellent tool. Monthly baths, more water bowls, better food, other brushes. I would recommend this to all pet parents! The FURminator deShedding tool for medium/large short hair cats reduces loose hair from shedding up to 90% with regular use. The FURminator … I've used other brushes for years and couldn't see the point of spending $30ish on something that I could get for $4 at any box store. It’s gentle and does the job x10! 7,028 global ratings | 3,860 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on November 30, 2016. The pictures don't even do it justice because the amount of hair looks much smaller in the picture than it really is. I stopped at the pile I am posting a picture of and have not brushed her again for almost 2 weeks and I have still noticed a drastic difference in the amount of shedding. I deshed at least once a week now and I hardly see his fur around my home now. No pulling and he loves it. We have a 4 year old Maine Coon with lots of fur and hair balls. Pets give us so much joy, but we need to give a little back, too. Weekly deShedding reduces hair lost from regular shedding. It was a ton more money that I felt like we should be spending, and we already had a brush for our long-haired cat. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2017. I couldn't believe the fur it pulled out of his undercoat! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. FURminator® Undercoat deShedding Tool for Small Long Hair Cat removes loose hair from shedding up to 99%. The FURminator, in my opinion, is a must-have tool for any cat owner. This page works best with JavaScript. Who would wanna sit there and let this brush pull and damage every hair follicle to the point it bleeds really? Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Furminator Undercoat deShedding Tool, for Medium/Large Cats, Long Hair, See all details for Furminator Undercoat deShedding Tool, for Medium/Large Cats, Long Hair, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Works a little toooo well. What I mean by this is that it pulled all of the loose undercoat out and I worked it from front to back as videos on youtube recommended. If you have a shedding cat- this is your brush! This is disturbing. This is a terrible product for grooming hair! I have a long hair very furry scottish cat and have battled with brushing her. I purchased this on Sept 17 and 3 months later, the teeth have started falling off. As soon as I ran this tool on his back, I kid you not so much fur came loose! I nipped his tail & he let me know that wasn't cool. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. DAILY. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I wish I've gotten this sooner. The Furminator just razors the hair away. Every time she would nicely let me comb her at first, but after I only brush her back and starting to move to other areas(that has even softer fur and more sensitive skin), she would start nibbling on the brush and starts walking away, I know for sure it’s because this brush hurts her skin. My cat really enjoys being brushed with this tool, and the amount of hair that comes off of him is unreal. His coat looks so much better! I even used this brush across our carpet to pile up the fine downy-like hair that was left behind. I’m really disappointed in the quality of the furminator, especially after paying $15 dollars for it. As soon as I laid hands on her, she was outta there! Find out in this video! I had heard about this product on one of the cleaning groups I follow online. The Furminator is a game-changer. I don't want the poor guy to end up in surgery, stuffed with fur. Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2017. We tried regular brushes, hair balls food, and hair ball oil. Size Name: Large Cats Verified Purchase I've owned my FURminator for nearly 4 years now and still works just as good. (My guy is a chubby orange kitty, short haired, thick white under coat), Reviewed in the United States on June 4, 2019. Just be careful you don't go overboard with this thing! I ordered two "small cat, new model deshedder" tools, one in short hair, and one in long hair. Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2019. The FURminator was wonderful. In fact I felt terrible well I saw how much hair came off of her because I never realized there was this thick undercoat under there and she must have been sweltering. My cat looks like she lost 2 pounds of hair. Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2019. Can't imagine doing that several times a week. Why in the world did I not get one of these sooner? A few people saw my pictures on Facebook and came into work the next day asking where they can order it! Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I then sat and groomed him for 10 minutes getting his whole body until less and less came off of him. I thought I was seeing things, that is absurd! Impressive. And, they now sell a line of Waterless Grooming products for cats. The cats also seem to enjoy it, or at least some of them don’t mind it! I DID! If the de-matting pulls a little, "Pearl" gives the Furminator, not my hand, a friendly little swat as if to say, "Be nice...", Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2020. The price can't be beat on amazon, it was $53.99 at my local PetSmart. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. They look completely … I am thrilled that FURminator … I looked at review pictures and the picture on the pack and thought there was no way I would get a pile of fluff like that. Our gorgeous long hair was throwing up hair balls 1-2 X a week. A few months later, I finally decided to talk to my husband about it. I have posted photos to show how similar they are, it's hard to show the comb itself though. The FURminator is one of the most popular deShedding tools for cats and dogs. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. 5,724 global ratings | 1,123 global reviews, Love! Will it help with shedding? I think it even put a little pep in his step! She is quite a fluffy cat, so I will likely do this every 7-10 days now that I see how amazing it is. Pictured is literally our first brushing of him with the new comb. The hair comes off easily and the handle is thick and … Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2019. The FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Tool is designed with a stainless-steel edge that reaches effortlessly through your pet’s topcoat, removing loose hair and undercoat. Matting? There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on July 25, 2019. I will say I almost purchased an off-brand but decided not to after reading reviews about them being knock-offs from China and the tines easily breaking. They look completely identical, and I measured both combs and got the same measurements. I like the safety cover to keep it nice and clean. The boxes were labeled correctly, but both tools are actually small cat, short hair tools. Use 1-2 times every week for 10 to 20 minutes per session on … Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2017. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. FURminator offers tools in all sizes from toy to giant for short and long-haired dogs. At first, I was sceptical and wondered if this product was just hyped up as you often see online but this wasn’t the case and I could tell a difference after the first week of use. I'm returning one of them, because I have no use for two of the same deshedder, and I am waiting for more information before I decide to keep the other tool. Would buy again. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for FURminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Cats, Small at Amazon.com. I've tried a bunch of different products that claimed to fo what this brush did. Due to the way the tines are built and the amount of undercoat my fluff of a cat has, I did follow up with a quick brush with your typical cat brush just to pick up any remaining stragglers it left on his top coat. Thank you furminator!!! And as a bonus, she seemed to enjoy it. When it had all its teeth it did work well I’m just disappointed that it already broke. Regular grooming is essential for dogs and cats, especially long-coated individuals, to keep the skin healthy and the coat tangle-free. It doesn’t matter if you have a long-haired cat or short-haired cat this will drastically reduce the loose hair that comes from your cat. I would buy this thing all over again. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. She is so much cooler and all the hair is in a pile rather than all over the house. I have since purchased a brush by Andis and one by Pro Portal self cleaning and they do the job. After less than 10 minutes of brushing her, I had a big pile. FURminator Review on Persian Cat and a demo on how it work compare to most commonly used brushes and combs for cats for long hair cats. Furminator Review: Undercoat deshedding tool. I have already recommended to a dozen friends.