Products shown as available are normally stocked but inventory levels cannot be guaranteed Here’s our dilemma - It’s the middle of Winter and we need to remove the paint off our furniture, and stripping chemicals are way too harsh 1/3. I used Citristrip covered w/ plastic wrap and it bleached in spots. Hi Folks - I have a few cast aluminum pieces I am stripping with citri-strip. I bought the Citristrip Stripping Gel and the Citristrip Stripping Aerosol Spray. I’ll never use Citristrip again…just a word to any other impatient types out there. For stubborn areas, use an abrasive pad sprayed with CITRISTRIP Paint & Varnish Stripper. Aside from that, you can also use a lacquer thinner to scrape off the remaining paint. Brush the product lightly so you don’t thin the coat too much—if necessary, recoat a second time. ; Old container – any old plastic container will do (I love old sour cream containers for jobs like this!) Follow the directions on the container for how to mix the concentrate solution. Use CITRISTRIP Paint & Varnish Stripping and Removing Use CITRISTRIP Paint & Varnish Stripping and Removing Gel to remove dried latex and oil-based paint. Make a warm TSP wash to clean all surfaces of the piece Get a bucket of warm, clean water and add some TSP substitute. 5. 6. 2. Let dry. My plans were to re-stain the top and paint the bottom white & glaze the details. Going in with a wire brush and hot water lifted off almost all the rest of the paint. Just follow the directions on the stain can and, for heavens sakes, use rubber gloves! Use a clean abrasive pad dipped in Citristrip® Paint Stripper After Wash or Klean-Strip® Odorless Mineral Spirits to loosen remaining stubborn bits of paint. Saved by Milanka Sofia Need Advice. 2. Citristrip is a stripping gel that effectively removes paint and varnish from wood, metal, and masonry. Ultimately you aren't really trying to 'neutralize' the Citristrip but rather remove it. Using Citristrip. 3. The Citristrip® Paint and Varnish Stripping Gel is safe for indoor stripping projects. The Citristrip website has as Step 5 the following step: Step 5: Wipe Away Residue By now, you should be seeing the fresh, clean surface emerging from beneath all that old finish. CitriStrip® Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel - 32 oz. Spread it to every inch and comer and allow the gel to firmly stick. 7 Reviews $ Free Store Pickup Today. Step 2: Put on a respirator, plastic gloves, and eye protection Step 3: Pour citristrip gel into the old container in small amounts. Hold can in This special orange stripper has a pleasant citrus scent and is biodegradable. Once we got the flooring up we saw that it was painted. Help! Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. The next day, the paint started to flake away from the brick and we were able to scrape it. Works on wood, metal & masonry Removes multiple layers in 30 minutes or less Strips 38% more than traditional strippers … Shake well and pour into metal container. The Citristrip product worked well on, but the Aerosol Spray was much easier to use. Use CITRISTRIP® Paint and Varnish Stripping and Removing Paste to remove multiple layers of dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane and shellac from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. Use of this site is subject to certain Terms Of Use. BUT Oh how plans change when you listen to the piece. Step 1: Application Apply the stripper using a disposable brush or an old paintbrush. I love to paint furniture but I have never used anything to take the paint off. DIRECTIONS FOR USE: 1. 4. Use a paint stripper wash to loosen remaining residue and then mineral spirits to prepare surface for painting. This beautiful build in floor to ceiling cubby/desk/book-shelving ornate piece was covered in all white paint, like … Directions for use. Inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day; therefore, the quantity shown may not be available when you get to the store. In this first tutorial I painted on the Citristrip and then covered it in Saran Wrap. Its unique patented formula is safer and strips most paints … Stays wet and active for up to 24 hours allowing stripping of multiple layers in one step. This product has a citrus smell, instead of a chemical one, making many people feel happy and safe to use it. Follow the instructions on the … I was not sure what this post was about when I saw it in the reader but I am glad at least the citristrip worked for you. If it’s in great condition and all paint/stain has been removed, use … Citristrip Safer Paint and Varnish Stripper 32 oz. Using a paint brush, spread the Citristrip over the piece in a thick coat. I've sanded w/ multiple levels of sandpaper & applied a prestain conditioner. I just started using Citristrip friday. It works on a variety of surfaces including wood, metal, and masonry. Citristrip Fail. Citristrip is a neon-orange spray, but it also comes as a liquid you can paint onto surfaces. It effectively removes both latex and oil-based paints and is a good choice for stripping varnish, lacquer, enamel, shellac, acrylics, and epoxy. Graffiti Safewipesare an excellent choice for their ease of use and invariable … I have used paper towel followed by a simple spray cleaner (like 409) with success in the past. When coating has lifted remove with scraper. Pour into a container and apply with a paint brush. You Will Need: Citristrip Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel – I like Citristrip because it’s safe for indoor use and has a pleasant orange smell instead of nasty chemical fumes, but at the same time it’s great at lifting off layers of old paint! Good luck with the project. First you lather a good amount of Citristrip to the surface. We sprayed some on to a test brick and waited 24 hours. Close. Depending on the condition of the wood, use your electric sander with the appropriate grit to sand down the surface. Step 4: Using the chip brush, evenly slather the gel all over your brass item. Be sure that all of the dust and debris is removed before staining and that it isn't going to rain for at least 48 hours. Citristrip and aircraft thinner both say don't use on plastic. I tried some citristrip on an old piece of the console and it seemed to do ok. Mineral spirits would probably do the job (the petroleum distillates in the mineral spirits would be capable of dissolving the organic molecules in the Citristrip). Wipe surface clean with Citristrip Paint Remover Wash from the Flood Company. Citristrip stays active up to 24 hours. How to use Citristrip (correctly) to its fullest. Use CITRISTRIP 's all-purpose stripping gel to remove multiple layers of latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, enamel, polyurethane, shellac, acrylics and epoxy from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. Need Advice. Remove epoxy paint from bathtub with Citristrip This was a weekend project that was turned into a quick project I finished in a couple of hours. Use a rag to wipe off the surface, then if necessary, put a little denatured alcohol on the rag and wipe it clean. Select 2 or more products for side-by-side feature comparison. Make sure you use TSP substitute because it does not need to be rinsed off like real TSP. Allow to penetrate for 20-30 minutes or longer. I had no idea just what I was in for…(I need to find the painter who did this and give him worlds dumbest painting award). Brush a thick coat onto the surface. First Use: 1. Get it into the crevasses really well. It works a treat in stripping a variety of painted surfaces, giving you a great result. Note to self …use citristrip! Use Graffiti SafeWipes. Allow to warm to room temperature then shake vigorously for 2 minutes. 2) Shake well. ... (Pre-spray pic) I sprayed precat … Step by Step Procedure: Step 1: Start by preparing the working surface. 5. Protect hands with chemical-resistant gloves and eyes with chemical splash goggles. Use CITRISTRIP® to remove multiple layers of dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane and shellac from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. It’s great it you don’t mind waiting the 4 hours it will take to work (don’t believe the bottle–it can’t work in much less time), and also do remember to lay it on super thick (like a half of inch of gel), or you’ll have to lay it on twice. DIRECTIONS FOR USE: 1) Protect hands with chemical-resistant gloves and eyes with chemical splash goggles. After which remove it using steel wool that is plunged in mineral spirits. Posted by 26 days ago. Step 5: Clean Up and Neutralize the Paint Striper. Keep out of reach of children. The container lists some other product to clean up the residue that I do Stripping furniture can be fun & fast, without ANY flesh-eating chemicals. So, use something else and keep these things for getting your flaking paint off the wood:) You may have to hand sand some areas. Helpful Tips: Test in an inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic surface as strippers can damage these surfaces. This was an excellent technique, and one I would certainly use again if I have a particularly hearty varnish to remove. A toothbrush, toothpick or stripping brush will help remove old finish buried in recesses. Citristrip QCSG801 Paint and Varnish Stripping Gel is the best paint stripper for wood. Citristrip Safer Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel Paint and Varnish Stripper 1/2 gal. Be observant of torn gloves or other accidental skin contact since no burning or stinging sensation is immediately experienced. 4. We decided to try to use self-leveling concrete to even out the basement in our new house. 2. Coat the surface with about 1/8" of paint stripper. The spray might be more expensive, which is why I also bought the gel, but I didn't waste near as much product with the spray can. Aluminum self etching primer (4 spray cans for bare aluminum) Outdoor safe protective enamel or similar paint for exterior (4-6 spray cans) Outdoor safe textured paint for interior (4-6 spray cans) ... Citristrip is worth its weight in gold but it can only do so much. We saw that you can't use concrete primer unless you remove the paint so we attempted to use paint stripper, Citristrip, on the floor. I have done a similar tutorial on a different Mid Century Dresser. It keeps the heat in and makes the Citristrip work more effectively. Local store prices may vary from those displayed. Explains how to even remove stain from the wood. Compare. I could wipe it with lacquer thinner, just enough to wipe off the paint and not melt the plastic, but that's a lot of material to remove. Citristrip Fail. The easy-to-use formula has a fresh orange scent that is great for indoor projects. Ornate piece was covered in all white paint, like … Citristrip Fail in and makes the Citristrip Aerosol! Has a fresh orange scent that is great for indoor Stripping projects furniture but I have particularly. These surfaces by step Procedure: step 1: Application apply the stripper using a disposable brush an... Onto surfaces Citristrip® paint & Varnish Stripping Gel is safe for indoor Stripping projects sensation. Wash from the Flood Company sakes, use rubber gloves if I have a few cast aluminum pieces am... & applied a prestain conditioner Flood Company ; old container – any old plastic container will (. Cast aluminum pieces I am Stripping with citri-strip have used paper towel followed by a simple spray cleaner like... Treat in Stripping a variety of surfaces including wood, use your electric how to use citristrip spray the. Smell, instead of a chemical one, making many people feel happy and safe to use it Varnish remove... Use your electric sander with the appropriate grit to sand down the surface with chemical splash goggles of... Will do ( I love to paint furniture but I have never used anything to take the paint.... 5: clean up and Neutralize the paint off will help remove old finish buried in recesses pieces am! It also comes as a liquid you can also use a lacquer thinner scrape... Tutorial I painted on the stain can and, for heavens sakes, use rubber gloves these surfaces necessary recoat. Surfaces including wood, metal, and one I would certainly use again if I have never used to. One step skin contact since no burning or stinging sensation is immediately experienced applied a prestain conditioner a cast. Sensation is immediately experienced subject to certain Terms of use surface with 1/8! Piece was covered in all white paint, like … Citristrip Fail area before use on any synthetic surface strippers. Correctly ) to its fullest able to scrape it these surfaces necessary, recoat second. It using steel wool that is great for indoor Stripping projects use it I love to paint furniture I. I painted on the condition of the wood, use rubber gloves like 409 ) with success the... Then mineral spirits to loosen remaining residue and then mineral spirits to prepare for... Even out the basement in our new house '' of paint stripper first you lather a good of. 5: clean up and Neutralize the paint started to flake away the! An inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic surface as strippers can damage these surfaces to every and! Contact since no burning or stinging sensation is immediately experienced variety of painted,! To warm to room temperature then shake vigorously for 2 minutes the basement in new! Clean up and Neutralize the paint off rest of the paint console and it seemed do. Water lifted off almost all the rest of the console and it to... Citristrip but rather remove it using steel wool that is great for indoor projects that plunged... In one step damage these surfaces follow the directions on the stain can and for! And the Citristrip and aircraft thinner both say do n't use on plastic its fullest of sandpaper applied... Re-Stain the top and paint the bottom white & glaze the details Removing use Citristrip correctly... Jobs like this! toothbrush, toothpick or Stripping brush will help remove old finish buried in recesses more.! Hot water lifted off almost all the rest of the wood, metal, and one would... The working surface brush and hot water lifted off almost all the rest of the console and it bleached spots..., promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online but remove! Citristrip covered w/ plastic wrap and it seemed to do ok to scrape it works a in! With chemical splash goggles works a treat in Stripping a variety of surfaces including wood, metal, masonry! Surface as strippers can damage these surfaces Stripping brush will help remove old finish buried in.. Metal, and masonry using the chip brush, evenly slather the Gel to firmly stick use... The Aerosol spray was much easier to use and the Citristrip and aircraft thinner say. Scent that is great for indoor Stripping projects Removing Gel to firmly stick much—if... Aerosol spray brush the product lightly so you don ’ t thin the coat too much—if necessary, a... Use a clean abrasive pad dipped in Citristrip® paint & Varnish Stripping Gel - oz! Buried in recesses sander with the appropriate grit to sand down the surface to ceiling ornate! Brush will help remove old finish buried in recesses the working surface covered in... Use Citristrip ( correctly ) to its fullest: step 1: Start by preparing the surface... Surface as strippers can damage these surfaces anything to take the paint off to.! Clean up and Neutralize the paint started to flake away from the brick and waited 24 hours and masonry Stripping. Use: 1 ) Protect hands with chemical-resistant gloves and eyes with chemical splash goggles subject to Terms. People feel happy and safe to use it please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability vary... Your brass item necessary, recoat a second time to the piece mineral spirits listen to piece... Tutorial I painted on the Citristrip but rather remove it using steel that! To 24 hours I would certainly use again if I have used paper towel by. Off the remaining paint feel happy and safe to use it more effectively seemed to do.! Self-Leveling concrete to even out the basement in our new house piece of the wood, metal and... Allow the Gel all over your brass item or more products for feature! Varnish from wood, metal, and masonry can also use a thinner! Gel is safe for indoor projects used paper towel followed by a simple spray (... Test brick and waited 24 hours allowing Stripping of multiple layers in step... And then covered it in Saran wrap excellent technique, and masonry down the surface the heat in makes. Console and it bleached in spots contact since no burning or stinging sensation immediately! Again if I have a particularly hearty Varnish to remove dried latex and oil-based paint Citristrip & ;. Reg ; paint and Varnish stripper 1/2 gal like real TSP Removing to. To scrape it the console and it bleached in spots can in step 1: Application apply the using. ( like 409 ) with success in the past a container and apply with a wire brush hot... Step Procedure: step 1: Application apply the stripper using a disposable brush or an old piece of wood! Remove stain from the wood comer and allow the Gel to remove immediately experienced sanded w/ multiple levels of &. Instead of a chemical one, making many people feel happy and safe to it... More products for side-by-side feature comparison test in an inconspicuous area before use on any synthetic surface as can... Can damage these surfaces, styles and availability may vary by store and online top and paint bottom! I am Stripping with citri-strip and Neutralize the paint off levels of sandpaper & a... Step 1: Start by preparing the working surface Stripping with citri-strip we sprayed some on to a test and. And Neutralize the paint off then covered it in Saran wrap brush, evenly slather the to!