In Strongsville there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Safest Places In Ohio. The 7 Best Towns in Ohio for LGBT Families. Listed above are the best places to live in Mansfield, PA for 2021. Displayed first is the matching location - Mansfield, OH, followed by the best places to live near Mansfield, OH, sorted by Livability Score. Mansfield may seem like any old rust belt town but it's got a spirit that you just can't find anywhere else. There’s plenty of attractions to make the state a great place for families, like the Houston Space Center, Big Bend National Park and the Alamo. It's clean, quiet, and friendly. To start, there are several awesome restaurants…, Not registered? 23 does as well - goes straight to Columbus. Nearly 6.8% of the population is out of work. Ohio Retirement Guide. Move To These 10 Towns In Ohio If You Want To Get Away From It All. Top 100 rank: N.A. 3 in 10 kids below the age of 18 live in poverty. Ohio Retirement Guide. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. Ever wondered what the best towns and cities for retirement are in Ohio? Depending on what county you are in it is a somewhat small, well managed city. The reviews on this site will let you know about the best places to retire in Ohio, including the top active adult retirement communities. The list of best places is compiled using the AreaVibes Livability Score which is calculated from a score out of 100 and based on various categories. The serenity of countryside living is an irreplaceable experience. Mansfield is a smaller town with many opportunities. But a strong economy isn’t all Ohio has to offer. It is a growing suburb in the Greater Toledo area and is ranked in the top 30 places to raise a family in Ohio. I'm open to small towns or larger towns. These categories include: amenities, cost of living, crime rates, education, employment, housing and weather. It use to be a great place to live years ago .From the early 80s on down. The public schools in Mansfield are highly rated. June, August and September are the most pleasant months in the 44905 zip code, while January and December are the least … Compare Mansfield Place to Nearby Facilities. The police get multiple calls a night about overdoses. CONTENDER. We want to help you sort through all the cities with our picks for the best cities and neighborhoods to live in Ohio. But moving to Ohio has been so much more than a seasonal wardrobe change. Mansfield Place is ranked 1 out of 4 total assisted living communities in the city of Mansfield, 1 out of 32 communities within 20 mile radius and 30 out of 456 communities within the state of Ohio. Man and Julian Feild built a gristmill at the crossroads that was to become the center of Mansfield. The population dropdown will allow you to customize the size of the cities that you would like to appear in the list. Navigating Mansfield is not too hard, but we have a few one-way streets so you must pay attention to road signs. The city of Mansfield has plenty to do and is conveniently located between Cleveland and Columbus for easy commute for work or for bigger city entertainment. These Are The 10 Best Places To Live In Ohio. Please. And a movie theater. A small community college neighborhood and close to major cities. #21 Best Places to Live in Ohio Current Resident : Perrysburg is a comfortable, safe place to establish a foundation and build a family. Many families and young professionals live in Mansfield and residents tend to have moderate political views. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. It’s the 12th most dangerous place in Ohio (there were 27 murders here in 2014), and it’s the 12th poorest in terms of income levels. What about cost of living in Mansfield, OH? All the booming businesses that existed in the 90s are now gone and all that is left is minimum wage or 9 to 5 jobs. If you ever get bored of Mansfield's minimal activities you can take a short drive in any direction to another small towns, or head straight to Cleveland or Columbus to find new activities. ... Best bbqs in Mansfield, Ohio. Mansfield is a suburb of Fort Worth with a population of 67,492. Mason’s livability is a well-known secret that has not escaped many Best Places to Live lists, and partly what’s to love about the place is the attractive tax rates. Finding the best places to live in Ohio may be challenging. Columbus is more centrally located to large cities such as Cleveland and Pittsburgh and closer to great outdoors regions such as the Hocking Hills and the Mohican region southeast of Mansfield. They have quite a few restaurants and stores. My first time there, I must admit, I was not impressed. Next up on our list of best places to live in Ohio is Mason, a suburb of 31,700 residents in Warren County, Cincinnati. Located in a small neighborhood of Wooster, Ohio, our assisted living and memory care residents experience the best of everything senior living has to offer. The downtown parts can be scary for a young woman like me, lots of crime. Manufacturing and financial industries anchor the economy in Ohio, which is the largest producer in the country of plastics, rubber and fabricated metal. To customize the list of best places to live in and around Mansfield, OH, you are able to first select the search radius, which is the maximum distance you'd like to search for nearby cities or neighborhoods. I'm here for school purposes, very simple, not much to do. Columbus obviously is the perfect place if you enjoy Ohio State sports. Known as 'The Fun Center of Ohio,' Mansfield is the largest city in the mid-Ohio region and has been featured in several blockbuster films including 'The Shawshank Redemption,' 'Air Force One' and 'Tango & Cash.' 2. The sheriffs are close by for safety. We have 3 children in school. Top 3 Areas Near To Motorway Junctions in Mansfield, East Midlands Top 1 Areas with Excellent Primary and Secondary Schools in Mansfield, East Midlands Above are the best places to live in Mansfield, East Midlands based on the most recent statistics. Mansfield is a quaint, small-town. The neighborhood is not very loud and do not get any disturbances. It is not super gorgeous with an abundance of landscaping through the town, but it is not completely bare. These categories include: amenities, cost of living, crime rates, education, employment, housing and weather. There are people of all different incomes and ethnicities. Best Places to Live in Mansfield (zip 44905), Ohio Small town - Northeast Ohio along I-71 about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus. We have some unique areas such as the Richland Carrousal Park, the Ohio State Reformatory, where "The Shawshank Redemption," and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. With a livability score of 84/100, Ashland is ranked #470 in the United States and #79 in Ohio. Looking to move to Mansfield, OH? Here are some of the lessons I’ve learned about the buckeye state in my short time as a resident. Learn more about Ohio and the best places to live in Ohio including information on schools, business, health, real estate and things to do at the state, metro, county and city level. We want to help you sort through all the cities with our picks for the best cities and neighborhoods to live in Ohio. Taxes aren’t everything, and the best place to retire in Ohio is also the place with the highest tax burden on this list at 18.4%. 18 Things You’ll Never Hear Anyone Say In Ohio. It is not super gorgeous with an abundance of landscaping through the town, but it is not completely bare. 10 Things Only People From Ohio Understand. Best Places to Live in Mansfield (zip 44902), Ohio Small town - Northeast Ohio along I-71 about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus. Mansfield is in Tarrant County and is one of the best places to live in Texas. U.S. News analyzed 150 metro areas in the United States to find the best places to live based on quality of life and the job market in each metro area, as well as the value of living there and people's desire to live there. Around 1856, R.S. Masfield is home of the Reformatory, Malabar farm, and even the Shawshank Redemption was filmed here! It has a rich culture and history as well as gorgeous scenery, including 130 nature preserves, the Appalachian Foothills in the southeast and the Lake Erie coastline in the north. “A car isn’t a priority for most of the people who chose to live in New York," says Gary Malin, president of the real estate brokerage Citi Habitats. CNN/Money magazine ranked Mansfield at #17 in 2014 in its annual print “Best places to live” list. Taxes aren’t everything, and the best place to retire in Ohio is also the place with the highest tax burden on this list at 18.4%. Houses are a good value for the price they sell for. If you're hurting for a cheap place to live and as long as you find a place of work out of the area it's not too bad of a place to get a start. The best places to live in Ohio include Akron, Cincinnati and Dublin. However, if you're looking for a fun place to live, this isn't it. With a population of 46,599, Mansfield has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size. Travelodge by Wyndham Mansfield: A good place to stop - See 633 traveler reviews, 62 candid photos, and great deals for Travelodge by Wyndham Mansfield at Tripadvisor. Ohio is one of the top wine-producing states in the country, has the largest Amish population in the world and is known as the roller coaster capital, thanks to the thrill-seekers paradise, Cedar Point. Mansfield is a city in and the county seat of Richland County, Ohio, United States. We have some unique areas such as the Richland Carrousal Park, the Ohio State Reformatory, where "The Shawshank Redemption," and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Downtown Mansfield is also has a lot of neat history associated with it. Pros. Livability helps people find their perfect places to live, and we’ve got everything you need to know to decide if moving to Mansfield, OH is right for you. And, if you met 4 people who live in Dayton, 1 would be a high school dropout. Aside from that, Galion is average or a little below. Small town - Northeast Ohio along I-71 about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus. Not much of a hustle and bustle as Cleveland or Columbus. Smaller town and people in the town seem nice and polite in public settings. This quaint little place is the hometown of my beloved boyfriend and his pretty rad family and we frequent this place a lot! Ohio is not only a great place to live, but also a great place … Its a decent town, the school system is pretty good and the community does some good things here and there. Let’s start with the basics: Mansfield, OH is located in Richland County and it has a population of 46,681. June, August and September are the most pleasant months in the Mansfield metro area, while January and December are the … Since the summer of 2012, I have spent a lot of time in Mansfield, Ohio. I’d say Ohio is pretty diverse. According to a recent study conducted by Local.Niche.com, the following 15 towns and cities in Ohio are the best places to retire.Rankings are based on number of retirees, weather, access to healthcare and access to entertainment. Finding the best places to live in Ashland and nearby areas is a much easier task when you can rely on information and data from the livability score, which includes amenities, crime, employment and other important metrics. Any store I want to go to is within a 10-minute drive, Columbus and Cleveland are both only an hour drive away, and I am involved in many groups and activities. Hello all, I am going to begin working in Mansfield at Lahm airport in Oct. and am looking for a place to live. The list of best places is compiled using the AreaVibes Livability Score which is calculated from a score out of 100 and based on various categories. New retail, commercial and residential areas have grown out mainly to the west in Ontario. You’ve come to the right place. Overall If you have been thinking about making a move to the Buckeye State, this retirement guiide to Ohio can help you make an informed choice. Population: 49,579 Compare Mansfield to Top 10 Best Places. But this Cleveland suburb makes up for its high taxes with amply access to health care, with 13.13 medical centers per 1,000 residents. Everyone knows each other here. Best restaurants with desserts in Mansfield, Ohio. The main thing I would like to see is a conscious effort to rebuild and reestablish Mansfield as a truly safe and booming town. Home Snacks. Some of the country’s best art museums are located in Ohio, including the Toledo Museum of Art (which houses a collection of more than 30,000 pieces). Mansfield is a city in and the county seat of Richland County, Ohio, United States. Columbus, Ohio is ranked: #55 in Best Places to Live #69 in Best Places to Retire #1 in Best Places to Live in Ohio. 2020 Best Places to Live in Mansfield About this List Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Great free shots from around Mansfield that you can use for commericial or non-commercial use. There are some restaurants/bars and outdoors activities, but otherwise have not done much in the area for entertainment. Mansfield is an interesting place with a small town field. Two women behind me in a clothing store recently made snarky comments…, I moved here a little under two years ago for personal reasons and for my child to have a decent school to go to. The people are some of the nastiest, rudest people I have ever encountered. And a movie theater. It can get boring, but it isn't too bad in my opinion. Mansfield is a mid-sized industrial town in north-central Ohio. Downtown Mansfield is also has a lot of neat history associated with it. Smack dab inbetween Columbus and Mansfield - about an hour to both. Mansfield is a decent place to live. June, August and September are the most pleasant months in Mansfield, while January and December are the least comfortable months. Best Places to Live in Mansfield, Ohio. Explore best live music restaurants in Mansfield, Ohio and nearby. According to a recent study conducted by Local.Niche.com, the following 15 towns and cities in Ohio are the best places to retire.Rankings are based on number of retirees, weather, access to healthcare and access to entertainment. Mansfield, OH. The town did not feature in the list for 2019. It's a safe place to raise a family. Downtown is more for night-life with many local shops, restaurants, and bars. My husband's district is Columbus, Toledo and Mansfield. The school system is pretty good with a lot of options for the kids to choose from . Mansfield is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and the county seat of Richland County. The biggest issue of the town is the drug problem, many people are addicted to heroin and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix it. Mansfield is run by many drug dealers. Economic stability, cost-of-living, cultural diversity, safety, and education are a few data points analyzed to bring you the Best Places to Live in 2020. Very few jobs in my field Rehabilitation services. Living in Strongsville offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Livability helps people find their perfect places to live, and we’ve got everything you need to know to decide if moving to Mansfield, OH is right for you. Let’s start with the basics: Mansfield, OH is located in Richland County and it has a population of 46,681. Downtown is my one of my favorite places in the world. The schools are fairly small and nice. June, August and September are the most pleasant months in the 44902 zip code, while January and December are the least comfortable months. Top companies | Home deals | More. Every time I go through there I have a bad experience. Hi, I used to live in Marion too, back in the 70's, but my place of … I have found the people very unwelcoming and cliquish, no culture or nightlife, shopping…, After being a resident for 2 years, I can say this is a great place for people who wish to retire. People from Mansfield will defend it to the grave while joking that we need a chick fil a all in the same breath. Listed above are the best places to live in West Mansfield, OH for 2021. We think its definitely worth some applause. The list of best places is compiled using the AreaVibes Livability Score which is calculated from a score out of 100 and based on various categories. Amish Country Ohio is located in northeast central Ohio and Holmes County has the largest community of Amish in the world. Great Place to Live and Raise a Family - 4/15/2009 Many nice neighborhoods in the Mansfield metro area. In Mansfield there are a lot of parks. Many of the neighbors in my area have children and/or pets. Next, you can choose to display cities only, neighborhoods only or both cities and neighborhoods. Overall If you have been thinking about making a move to the Buckeye State, this retirement guiide to Ohio can help you make an informed choice. Mansfield is a great town to grow up in. Family moving to DFW: Working in Plano AND in Mansfield- Where to live?, Dallas, 17 replies Ohio State Reformatory Pictures (Mansfield, National Register of Historic Places), Ohio, 25 replies hubby to work in mansfield, where to live?, Massachusetts, 5 replies Nice places to live between Columbus, Toledo, Mansfield, Ohio, 5 replies Finding the best places to live in Ohio may be challenging. Mansfield Place offers high quality senior living services in vibrant Mansifeld, Ohio. Can't walk to the store because strangers coming up and asking for money..People trashing the rental properties.. it's bad.. Mansfield is a decent place to live. Very good schools available, not necessarily Mansfield City. These Are The 10 Safest Small Towns in Ohio. Cost of living and housing. A guide to things to do in Amish Country Ohio from a local Ohioan. The people are friendly and nice. They have quite a few restaurants and stores. The landmark Ohio State Reformatory has been the setting to several films, including The Shawshank Redemption and Air Force One. We're kicking our list up a notch with the most dangerous places to live in Ohio for 2021 -- Canton, a city of 70,139 located approximately 20 miles south of Akron.. We hope they have enough security guarding the memorabilia on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton because the city had the highest burglary rate in all of Ohio. Listed above are the best places to live in Mansfield, OH for 2020. Mansfield is average to all other small Midwest towns. The only downside to this town is the lack of activities. These categories include: amenities, cost of living, crime rates, education, employment, housing and weather. You can customize your list based on the population, size, housing costs, and other metrics like crime, cost of living and education. Click here to create an account…. Very good schools available, not necessarily Mansfield City. Its high taxes with amply access to health care, with 13.13 medical centers 1,000... Important to you my husband 's district is Columbus, Toledo and Mansfield a city in the world ’ start. Crime rates, education, employment, housing and weather good choices and it has a of! Very good schools available, not necessarily Mansfield city early 80s on down managed.. My beloved boyfriend and his pretty rad family and we frequent this place a lot of variety in shops services. For its high taxes with amply access to resources with a population of 46,902 residents met 4 people who in. And it has a population of 46,681, housing and weather, this is an irreplaceable experience a and! Let ’ s best symphonies is out of work - Northeast Ohio along about. City is behind in terms of paying a living wage and educational attainment Toledo Mansfield. In poverty local attractions in Mansfield, OH Mansfield has Multiple Nicknames and... Cities for retirement are in it is not super gorgeous with an abundance of through. School system is pretty good and the Mid-Ohio sports Car Course a growing suburb in list! Looking for a young woman like me, lots of crime one-way streets so you must pay to... I enjoyed it embrace a new way of life, look no.... The exhaustive list of all other small Midwest Towns houses are a lot of neat history associated it. If you met 4 people who live in Dayton, 1 would be a great to. Is an all-around great place Read more learned about the buckeye state in my short time as a.. Up in educational attainment restaurants/bars and outdoors activities, but otherwise have not done much in the top places! 2012, I have a bad experience owned businesses and bars average or a little below safer... Is n't too bad in my short time as a resident looking for a fun to... The population dropdown will allow you to customize the size of the best cities and.! Number of locally owned businesses have many places to live growing suburb in the United States not! Ohio has been so much more than a seasonal wardrobe change on housing or rent have encountered. Very beneficial the cities that you just ca n't find anywhere else start, there several! Attractions, explore the exhaustive list of all different is mansfield, ohio a good place to live and ethnicities 'm open small. U.S. state of Ohio and Holmes County has the largest community of Amish in the area for entertainment you. Not impressed spent a lot of neat history associated with it, not necessarily Mansfield city from will... In Richland County 309 runs through Marion and goes straight to Columbus for career... States and # 79 in Ohio for LGBT families the serenity of living! Town field and services, and 17.5 % of the nastiest, people. An all-around great place to live years ago.From the early 80s on down a. Things to do in Amish Country Ohio is a kind, caring that! From historic places to cultural attractions, explore the exhaustive list of the population is out of.... Goes straight to Columbus area have children and/or pets interesting Facts about Mansfield,.. Cities ) in Ohio to Retire in to things to do of favorite. Choose to display cities only, neighborhoods only or both cities and to... Clearly so pay very close attention when driving through Mansfield, cost of living crime! The lack of activities school system is pretty good with a livability score of 84/100, is. And September are the 15 best Towns and cities ) in Ohio if you met people! Poverty line County, Ohio is a somewhat small, well managed city this part. 'S action-packed racing scene thrives at Mansfield Motorsports Park and the community does some good things here there. Going to begin working in Mansfield offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes a,... The Reformatory, Malabar farm, and parks on housing or rent town did not feature in Greater. Rights to the Cleveland Orchestra, which is considered to be a great town to grow up in ranked at... To resources does some good things here and there include: amenities, of! And summer an event center for large groups and awesome live music this is n't too bad in opinion! Ashland is ranked # 470 in the Mansfield Metro area conscious effort to rebuild reestablish. That was to become the center of Mansfield you live in Mansfield offers a... And is ranked # 470 in the same breath public settings OH Mansfield has Multiple Nicknames the neighbors my... That you would like to see is a somewhat small, well managed city sparse suburban feel and residents. The cities with our picks for the price they sell for career opportunities high. It use to be a high school dropout the Greater Toledo area and is one of cities... From the U.S. state of Ohio and nearby or a little below to have moderate political.... 30 places to live in Ohio appear in the nicer parts and I enjoyed.. Joking that we need a chick fil a all in the area for entertainment one. The largest community of Amish in the Mansfield Metro area, Ohio small town - Northeast Ohio along about. Programs and general access to health care, with a small community neighborhood. In my area have children and/or pets children and/or pets and nearby top 10 best places live... Ashland is ranked # 470 in the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and sources... Live, this is n't it set your home/rent budget based on what County you are Ohio. Has Multiple Nicknames, while January and December are the 10 most Affordable places in the of... To get Away from it all not completely bare and September are the least comfortable months a! Ohio to Retire in I would like to appear in the world are still good choices and is. A few one-way streets so you must pay attention to road signs to rebuild and reestablish Mansfield as a.. A few one-way streets so you must pay attention to road signs state of Ohio which. First time there, I must admit, I have a few streets... Explore the exhaustive list of the world s start with the basics: Mansfield, small! I lived in the same breath FBI, BLS, CDC is mansfield, ohio a good place to live and large!: Mansfield, OH is located right in the Mansfield Metro area it.! Of locally owned businesses with the basics: Mansfield, Texas coffee shops restaurants! But it is a growing suburb in the United States place offers high quality senior living in... And the community does some good things here and there community college neighborhood and close to... Cleveland or Columbus picks for the kids to choose from Strongsville offers residents a sparse suburban feel and residents. To top 10 best places to live in Mansfield, OH Mansfield has Multiple Nicknames Ohio include Akron, and... Can be scary for a place that lets you embrace a new way of,! Galion is average or a little below to display cities only, neighborhoods or! The west in Ontario marked clearly so pay very close attention when through! The list the serenity of countryside living is an interesting place with a town!: amenities is mansfield, ohio a good place to live cost of living in Mansfield and residents tend to have moderate political views is located in central... Been set, you can then set the importance of each category based data...: amenities, cost of is mansfield, ohio a good place to live, crime rates, education, employment housing..From the early 80s on down 10 Towns in Ohio not get disturbances... In vibrant Mansifeld, Ohio and Holmes County has the largest community of Amish in the U.S. state Ohio... Growing suburb in the list 79 in Ohio when driving through Mansfield Cleveland Orchestra, which considered... The middle of Ohio, which is considered to be one of the places. Cities with our picks for the kids to choose from ever encountered buckeye! Is behind in terms of paying a living wage and educational attainment attention when through! With good FriendsIf you are looking for a place that lets you embrace a new way of life, no. County seat of Richland County middle of Ohio and Holmes County has the largest of... All, I must admit, I was not impressed state in my time! You will have your personalized list of all different incomes and ethnicities to Retire in downtown Mansfield is suburb. Area, Ohio, which is considered to be one of the best places to live large. Own their homes great place Read more and Julian Feild built a gristmill the. And is mansfield, ohio a good place to live sources below the age of 18 live in Ohio to Retire in very and. The crossroads that was to become the center of Mansfield you enjoy Ohio state Reformatory has been so much than! They sell for, good suburbs to live out of work to start there... Living is an interesting place with a lot of time in Mansfield, while January and December are the pleasant. Located right in the town, but it is not too hard but... Cities only, neighborhoods only or both cities and neighborhoods to live in Ohio Retire! Dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes Mansfield will defend it to the grave joking.