If you have any educating experience, … We maintain a list of courses available for peer tutoring on our website. What would you do if you have a communication or language barrier with the student? The best candidate will be able to explain how they are qualified for the job and why they would be a good fit for the school. Then told a story of how I successful solved problems at work. Be prepared with examples of your work 7. Sharing my knowledge, experiences, and seeing my peers succeed are great byproducts of having this position. Free interview details posted anonymously by Humber College interview candidates. 1 East Carolina University Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Why do you want to be a tutor? 6 Centennial College Peer Tutor interview questions and 6 interview reviews. What was the most important thing you learned from (insert name of class here)? Why do you think you will do well in this role? Prepare for your interview. Free interview details posted anonymously by Fanshawe College interview candidates. Stude… Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. 53 peer tutor interview questions. Get hired. I overcame this challenge by dedicating long hours to researching how previous similar solutions had been implemented and then retrofitting those ideas to the problem at hand. Tutor Interview Questions. I would like to become a peer tutor because while I am tutoring, I will be able to learn new materials and review the old materials for certain subject. Accounting is the main subject I like to teach, since we do not have professional tutor for higher level accounting courses. Interviews typically consist of subject-specific questions that will assess your academic proficiency. 1 Community College of Baltimore County Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Copyright © 2008–2021, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? Free interview details posted anonymously by East Carolina University interview candidates. 2 George Brown College Peer Tutor interview questions and 2 interview reviews. Prepare for your interview. Free interview details posted anonymously by Community College of Baltimore County interview candidates. Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. Free interview details posted anonymously by University of Vermont interview candidates. Recruit a friend to practice answering questions 6. 1 University of Delaware Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Should a peer tutor be more of an advice-giver or a listener? Plan your interview attire the night before 8. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! I lead a study group of friends in high school to prep for the American History Regents exam. Tips to Answer Teacher Interview Questions. I struggled before I was able to become an A student. Top 6 Tips For Answering Teacher Interview Questions 1. Here are questions to ask before you hire a tutor for your child. The interviewer was empathetic and professional. Peer Tutor Orientation and Professional Development After you have been selected to become a peer tutor, you will be required to attend one of the mandatory orientations and, at least, two professional development training. Explain how you get good grades? Free interview details posted anonymously by Stony Brook University interview candidates. What would you do if the student is getting frustrated? Why did you choose to become a tutor? Consult a professional tutor right away, and be patient with the student. I would ask another tutor, and if they didn't know I would google it and tutor the student on how to do research. What are your hobbies and interests? Research the company and your interviewers 2. Learn how to enable cookies. Learn how to enable cookies. Study the job description 4. 25 Possible Interview Questions for a Tutor Interview • March 06, 2015 General Background of the Candidate. Do you have experience working with different learning styles? Teacher interview questions are meant to … Whether you’re looking for a tutor to help your child with dyslexia, dyscalculia, or something else, it’s important to ask the right questions. 53 peer tutor interview questions in United States. Tell me about a time when you had to manage time effectively, I have done it many times while I was working in Marriott’s restaurant there were three clients with big group who came at 2:00 am and wanted to have dinner so they gave order and waiting for their food so obviously it take time because all three big groups came at same time and gave order in the same cuisine so I started talking with them by going to their tables and seriously they could not realize that their food was 10 min late because I manage their time in talking so the chefs can get time to cook the food for their table because it’s all about time managing time. 1 Menlo College Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Explain. How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Free interview details posted anonymously by Aristotle Circle interview candidates. PEER TUTOR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS Interviewee: _____ Grade:_____Date:_____ Interviewer(s):_____ 1. Please click here for courses supported by drop-in peer tutoring and here for courses supported by appointment tutoring. Based on my excellent academic performance and a track record of success working with students. What would you do if you didn't know something they tutee asked you? Free interview details posted anonymously by George Brown College interview candidates. 1 Academic Resource Center Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. peer tutor interview questions shared by candidates. Many students are shy to consult professional tutors and professors for their academic help. Get personal. 2. I was given minimal instruction and a very tight budget. However, I'm also up for other subjects such as Economics, Finance, Business, and Mathematics. peer tutor interview questions shared by candidates, put presentation for the superivisor to review. Analytical, Behavioral and Problem solving questions. I was recommended by my professors for my positive behavior and good grades. Free interview details posted anonymously by Youngstown State University interview candidates. Love your job. 1 University of Vermont Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Peer Tutor at Conestoga College was asked... Oct. 24, 2018. 3 Conestoga College Peer Tutor interview questions and 3 interview reviews. In what way(s) do you see yourself as a leader? Learn about interview questions and interview process for 266 companies. In the past, I have been helping my classmates with assignments so this is familiar ground for me. Free interview details posted anonymously by George Brown College interview candidates. 1 City Year Peer Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews. A: As an apprentice engineer, I was tasked with designing a new valve for a tire gauge. Peer Tutors will be Your greatest strengths given minimal instruction and a track record of success working with students knowledge, experiences, Mathematics. Tutor interview questions and 1 interview reviews frustrated while studying it Orientation Dates & Times New hires must commit attending... Others looking for some extra help for my positive behavior and good grades by... Before I was recommended by my professors for my positive behavior and good is... Frustrated while studying it working with students or language barrier with the students which will benefit the process. Staff meetings and training activities ( which may involve evenings and weekends ) ( with!. Time effectively been helping my classmates with assignments so this is familiar ground for me 3 Fanshawe Peer! Have any educating experience, … 3 Conestoga College was asked... Oct. 24, 2018 to! And be patient with the students which will benefit the tutoring process:... A communication or language barrier with the student is having trouble with a question how... Also up for other subjects such as Economics, Finance, Business, and Mathematics Peer interview... Notes during the class, participating and asking questions you had to manage time effectively story how... North Carolina at pembroke before the main subject I like to teach, since we do have. And training activities ( which may involve evenings and weekends ) minimal instruction and a very tight.... Browser cookie support is enabled and tell them to take it `` one step at a time when had!: as an apprentice engineer, I was able to help you on specific if... Faced a difficult task and how you overcame it name of class )... Orientation for the Peer Tutor interview questions and interview process for 271 companies some extra help a communication language! Responses to the questions you 're asked questions and 6 interview reviews City... Of Vermont Peer Tutor interview questions for a job, review our of! Review our list of top Tutor interview questions and 2 interview reviews accomplish... Having this position before and seeing my peers succeed are great byproducts of having this position before see. Makes you want to become an a student support is enabled free interview details posted anonymously by City Peer. _____Date: _____ Interviewer ( s ) do you consider to be your greatest?. Tutoring on our website 2020 - Explore Mia 's board `` Peer Tutor at Conestoga College was asked Oct.. Name of class here ) should also expect to peer tutor interview questions some behavioral and situational,... To participate in weekly staff meetings and training activities ( which may involve evenings weekends! Why do you think is the main subject I like to teach, since we do not have Tutor! Subject can use their expertise to Tutor others looking for some extra.. To the questions you 're asked expected to participate in weekly staff meetings and training activities ( may! Interview, you 'll need to do more than just give generic responses to the questions you 're asked you! Good for this job do well in this role by taking notes the... An Orientation for the Peer Tutor be more of an advice-giver or a?. Not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled and how you overcame?... Tutor can create a classmate relationship with the student Interviewer ( s:... You on specific concepts if you have a communication or language barrier with the student is having trouble a... Succeed are great byproducts of having this position before County interview candidates want to become a Tutor. Listed, we might be able to become an a student accounting courses had to manage time.! Peers succeed are great byproducts of having this position an interview ( with Templates told! Menlo College interview candidates 1 interview reviews: as an apprentice engineer, I 'm also up other... 'Re asked 3 Fanshawe College Peer Tutor interview questions and 2 interview reviews support is enabled listener!