I give Seachem Purigen a look. Purigen has a high surface area to maximise capacity, its colour changes as it exhausts and it is easily renewed through treatment with bleach. LovesLC . Use an amount of bleach that is sufficient to completely submerge the Purigen. Bigger packing units (250 ml upwards) are sold as dry bulk and they are used in filter bags. Your email address will not be published. Also, place your purigen in such a position that it would be the last filter the water passes through … Another Company's product. aus oder wählen Sie 'Einstellungen verwalten', um weitere Informationen zu erhalten und eine Auswahl zu treffen. DIY Python aquarium hose – Easy water changes without forking out! Damit Verizon Media und unsere Partner Ihre personenbezogenen Daten verarbeiten können, wählen Sie bitte 'Ich stimme zu.' Seachem Purigen is certainly up there with my favourite products for aquarium filtration. Matrix™ works well in drip tray systems, but you may find that the larger Pond Matrix™ is better suited for such applications. As it adsorbs waste, Purigen will change color from a pale blonde to a dark brown, almost black. It is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at a rate and capacity that exceeds all others by over 500%. Made from synthetic polymer that is macro-porous, it has the ability to terminate both soluble as well as insoluble impurities from aquarium water. (As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases). Purigen® Dosing Tables. It says 250ml is enough for 250 gallons. Seachem Purigen really is an amazing product, if you are considering giving it a go, click here. If you use a water conditioner containing amines which many do, then if you use this to regenerate your Purigen it will make it toxic and kill your fish. Hi, I regenerated the purigen in the 100ml bag according to your step by step description. Freshly regenerated Purigen has a mild capacity to lower pH in a poorly-buffered system. After the regeneration and Prime process the beads started to leak out of the bag? Purigen® darkens progressively as it exhausts, and is easily renewed by treating with bleach. Reactions: 45ZoaGarden. I'm using an Eheim 2215. This is what a fresh bag of Purigen looks like (100ml bag) Very handy: The 100 ml package of Purigen already comes in a chlorine-resistant bag. As water passes through the filter it then gets to work absorbing the nitrogenous organic waste that is present in your tank. Please enter your username or email address. So for the last couple of months, I haven’t had any Purigen in my filter. It does a great job and can keep your aquarium extra clear and healthy. That means that it works out almost as cheap to simply replace the Purigen when it is used up. Being able to clean (regenerate) Seachem Purigen and put it back into use is a major positive. How big of a bomboniere should I get? I choose to use Clorox brand as we have it and it was mentioned on Seachem’s website that is what they use. Prepare a solution with 4 teaspoons of dechlorinator (I use Seachem Prime for this) in a cup of water. Not to mention that you also get the added benefit of having crystal clear water. By... Bleach. Purigen in particular is perfect for use as a filtration product since its impact on trace elements is minimal and it significantly raises redox. But there is one very simple, yet important step you must take in order to unlock their full potential. Whilst it absorbs Nitrogenous organic waste, it won’t do as much for waste that has already been broken down into ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. I have never had the purigen change colors after a year! £31.10 £ 31. Seachem® Products. In case of doubt, soak beads in a small quantity of water and test for residual chlorine with a chlorine test kit. Vote Now! Started by PheonixKingZ; Nov 16, 2020; Replies: 168 ; General Chat. I lucked out I got 4 bags of Purigen for $10 from someone pretty good! Rinse well, then soak for 8 hours with a solution containing 4 tablespoons of Prime®, or equivalent dechlorinator per cup of water. It can be rinsed in tap water. Reply Like Reply. I have tried to regenerate Purigen a few times using this method. Needless to say, there is now a nice big bag of Seachem Purigen in my filter again. Safe is the same thing as Prime, but it comes in a dry powder form and 250 grams treats up to 60,000 gallons. Seachem Purigen is a product that I stumbled upon some time ago and have been using ever since. Seachem® Products. It may be used in a canister filter, chemical filtration module, box filter, or any high flow area of a trickle filter. It significantly raises redox. As water passes through the filter it then gets to work absorbing the nitrogenous organic waste that is present in your tank. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. While the primary active ingredient in ParaGuard™ is unaffected by the presence of Purigen®, the malachite green does have potential to be removed by the media. It is safe to use Purigen® alongside most Seachem® products except for medications, which should never be used with any type of chemical filter media (carbon, phosphate absorbers, etc). The Purigen is ready to recharge whenever it has for the most part changed color to brown or black (or about ½ of the beads are black) in my opinion. In a well-buffered system (most neutral-water community tanks qualify as well … It is safe to use Purigen® alongside most Seachem® products except for medications, which should never be used with any type of chemical filter media (carbon, phosphate absorbers, etc). 4 years ago. Below is a shot down the length of my 5-foot aquarium in which I use Purigen, as you can see, it’s pretty clear: Seachem Purigen is renewable. Purigen® controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates by removing nitrogenous organic waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds. It is also worth noting that Purigen® and other organics-absorbing medias are very effective at reducing the nitrate production in an aquarium by absorbing organic waste. Purigen can be regenerated. Seachem Purigen 100 ml is a premium synthetic adsorbent that is unlike any other filtration product. I started Seriously Fishy as I noticed a large volume of people on various web pages looking for help with Aquarium basics. For best results, Purigen® should be placed so as to maximize the flow of water through it. Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads from yellow to deep brown. The chlorine and chloramine is permanently removed (they are broken down into a form that will not re-associate in water) and the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate detoxification lasts for 48 hours. Over time, Purigen will darken from white to brown so you can visually tell when it has been exhausted. This will prevent the beads from drying out, which can cause them to shrink and crack, reducing the efficacy of the Purigen. The 100ml size comes in it's own pouch so all you do is add it to your filter. Seachem Purigen will make your water crystal clear, or it will certainly help. You may use R.O. Over the decades I have used all the other items out there for removing the left over minute particles even the best filtration misses all with decent results, however nothing compares to Seachem Purigen! Step 2: Remove your purigen from the filter and submerge it in your mixture. Only 6 left in stock. There is no such thing as a "Purigen® overdose" so this packet may be used in extremely small tanks as well. Very handy: The 100 ml package of Purigen already comes in a chlorine-resistant bag. It can be rinsed in tap water. Suitable for: marine and freshwater aquaria. No. spec-tanks.com . Product Description. If you are working with a larger bag, keep the ratio but add enough water to cover, say 1-1/2 cups of water and 3 tablespoons of Prime. Please note that Seachem Purigen is a back up to your regular filter media and shouldn’t be used as your only filter media. If you use a water conditioner containing amines which many do, then if you use this to regenerate your Purigen it will make it toxic and kill your fish. There are a lot of aquarium products on the market, and while most of them will work perfectly fine together in the aquarium, some will not. I haven't seen how big the seachem bags are. Use regular 8.25% hypochlorite household bleach (non-scented, no dyes, do not use a splash-less bleach). Another way of saying this is that beneficial bacteria easily colonize the large rough surface area of Purigen’s hydrophilic porous acrylate plastic bead. Matrix™ is sufficiently large that no filter bag should be required for most applications. for every 1,250 L (300 US gallons) as needed to reduce chlorine and chloramine or use 1.25 g (1/4 tsp.) Seachem Purigen really is an amazing product, if you are considering giving it a go, click here. Rinse really well and let it soak in water with a couple of table … This article describes my personal method for recharging the product. Step Six: Rinse the Purigen again under tapwater. FREE Delivery. It is hard to know whether or not a water conditioner contains amines one that is safe is Seachem Prime. Daten über Ihr Gerät und Ihre Internetverbindung, darunter Ihre IP-Adresse, Such- und Browsingaktivität bei Ihrer Nutzung der Websites und Apps von Verizon Media. What this means is that it would attract organic chemicals to it … Joined Apr 19, 2014 Messages 315 Reaction score 192 Location Marlboro NJ. If you have purchased it in bulk, take some in a fine filter mesh bag. Step 1: Mix bleach and tap water in equal parts into a non-metallic container. Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads to dark brown or black. It may be used in a canister filter, media chamber, box filter, or any high flow area of a trickle filter. How big of a bomboniere should I get? 4 years ago. FAQ: How fast does Seachem Prime® work? I do a recharge every couple of weeks, when it’s a light brown colour. Use 1.25 g (1/4 tsp.) Seachem Purigen is an extra fine filtration media which you place into a fine mesh bag and then put inside your filter. As for mixing Purigen with carbon: you may not want to do that, as you can regenerate Purigen, but you cannot regenerate carbon. Fill with 1 cup of tap water and 2 tablespoons of Seachem Prime. Seachem Purigen Use in a Fluval Spec Aquarium: There are some challenges in finding the best place to put the 100ml bag of Purigen in the filter box of a Fluval Spec. You can check the color frequently to see the signs of exhaustion. The added bonus is that it can be recharged numerous times making the price much more manageable over the long run! To give an idea, I use Purigen in a 580-litre aquarium that is well stocked with messy CA cichlids. Post author: Post published: February 14, 2021 Post category: Uncategorized Post comments: 0 Comments 0 Comments How come the beads suddenly now have become smaller? They state that it can be regenerated up to 10 times. This particular bag was regenerated for the first time. I usually run two separate bags of Biomax in the two compartments. seachem purigen before and after. Seachem Denitrate – and Seachem Matrix – can do a fantastic job of helping to lower the nitrates in your aquarium. What you will need to recharge Purigen: 1) A glass container. I use purigen in my 120 and my biocube 14 mini reef when I had it along with in a freshwater tank. These two things alone will help maintain water … Keeping separate bags of Purigen and carbon will make it easier when you have to regenerate the Purigen And once I did, the impact it had on lowering my nitrates was incredible. It isn’t that my aquarium water was dirty, as I keep to a pretty strict routine, but there was a noticeable difference in overall clarity of the water. – The Convict Cichlid. Remember, *everything* you add to a planted tank is a plant nutrient, even KH as about 50% of aquatic plants are able to use bicarbonate and carbonate as a carbon source. £12.65 £ 12. Bigger packing units (250 ml upwards) are sold as dry bulk and they are used in filter bags. Started by NCaquatics; Jul 29, 2020; Replies: 1K; Tropical Discussion. £20 every 4 months isn’t too bad to keep my water crystal clear. Usually, things like Purigen are needed only if the aquarium is overcrowded or not well maintained. Yahoo ist Teil von Verizon Media. I mean nothing. I have used it. 10. Seachem claims that it has a larger surface area than its main competitors, Eheim with their substrate Pro and JBL with Micromec. 65 (£126.50/l) FREE Delivery. Purigen is a premium synthetic adsorbent that is unlike any other filtration product. 1 L Purigen can be used to treat 1000 gallons (4000 L) for almost six months. Amines are not necessarily listed on the ingredients as there are variations of this chemical. The tank is 17.4 gallons. Until Seachem starts making Purigen in smaller bags I won't be purchasing it again. Rinse the Purigen before using it. Seachem Purigen. Aquarium water changes – How much? I'm no bleach expert and all I … I'm planning on getting some bombonieres to put the Purigen inside. For best results, Purigen should be placed so as to maximize the flow of water through it. Supplies Needed to Regenerate Seachem Purigen: Aquarium Safe Tupperware Container. With that said, Seachem Purigen is also a great product, especially if you don’t want to wait a month for Matrix to start working as intended. Per Seachem's instructions, you can use any … Each 1 L treats up to 4,000 L (1,000 gallons) for up to six months. The Purigen is ready to recharge whenever it has for the most part changed color to brown or black (or about ½ of the beads are black) in my opinion. As long as you're adding sufficient CO2 this shouldn't be an issue as far as the plants are concerned. I’ve used a Ball Jar, but I find that a large flower vase works better due to Purigen’s stickiness. Purigen should be inserted in an area where there is a strong current. Don't forget to use your Purigen to removed DOC to help prevent algae! 4.4 out of 5 stars 67. Use 250 mL of Matrix™ for each 200 L (50 US gallons)** of water. Going to try using this in place of Carbon. By removing this waste it then controls ammonia, nitrate and nitrite, preventing them causing major problems in the tank. - November 2020 Pet of the Month contest. For freshwater use, soak for 4 hours with a solution containing 2 tablespoons of buffer per cup of water (Discus Buffer®, Neutral Regulator®). As a person who is affected by ‘aquarium OCD’, I certainly noticed the difference. Here is what they said: Seachem Support 10256 (Seachem Laboratories) Nov 30, 11:06 Hello Cindi, Thank you for your email. Seachem Purigen Freshwater, 2 Litre. I use only the sponge and Bio-Max rings in all my filters and now Purigen. To the op, have a read around, Anadotal evedence only, but, there are many people keeping very sensitive fish like discus, who state 'put your purigen where you want' Ime (I've been using it for about 5 years) is place the purigen in the best flow of the filter. While the 100 ml version comes in a sealed bag ready to use, the material is loose in the larger package sizes. Yes Do not reuse if the odour of bleach/chlorine is detectable. Great Pics!!! Bleached Purigen Bags Dechlorinating Purigen. You will receive a link to create a new password via email. I give the product itself 5 stars but the fact that Seachem is not taking a huge percentage of the aquarium keeping market into consideration by making smaller bags, I am giving Purigen sold in the bag 3 stars. By removing this waste it then controls ammonia, nitrate and nitrite, preventing them causing major problems in the tank. I am a fish keeping enthusiast with over 20 years experience. It is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at a rate and capacity that exceeds all others by over 500%. Preferably, it should be placed in an area with a good current. Sie können Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ändern. The tank is 17.4 gallons. How To Use Seachem Purigen. It is also worth noting that Purigen® and other organics-absorbing medias are very effective at reducing the nitrate production in an aquarium by absorbing organic waste. Going to try using this in place of Carbon. Wir und unsere Partner nutzen Cookies und ähnliche Technik, um Daten auf Ihrem Gerät zu speichern und/oder darauf zuzugreifen, für folgende Zwecke: um personalisierte Werbung und Inhalte zu zeigen, zur Messung von Anzeigen und Inhalten, um mehr über die Zielgruppe zu erfahren sowie für die Entwicklung von Produkten. Prime® removes chlorine and chloramine almost instantly upon being added to water, and will immediately detoxify ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. I have used it. Each 250 mL treats up to 1,000 L (250 US gallons) for up to six months. On average, a 200ml bag of Seachem Purigen will last around 4 months before being exhausted. Once it has gone black in colour, it is exhausted and can absorb no more. I got a 250ml from my LFS. DIRECTIONS: Use one bag for each 400 L (100 gallons). … Seachem Purigen really is an amazing product, if you are considering giving it a go, click here. Please note that Seachem Purigen is a back up to your regular filter media and shouldn’t be used as your only filter media. Seriously Fishy Club is a website, blog and forum for fish tank enthusiests and hobbiests. Seachem Purigen 250ml by Seachem Laboratories, Inc. 4.2 out of 5 stars 7. As I’ve been using it for so long, I was struggling to remember how much of a difference it actually made. So what about activated carbon? The beads will gradually turn into brown or black with time. It says 250ml is enough for 250 gallons. How To Use Purigen Purigen can be used in any type of filter, be it internal, external, or in the sump. When used as directed, StressGuard™ can be dosed safely every 24 hours (the active ingredient dissipates in a 24 hour period). Seachem claims that it has a larger surface area than its main competitors, Eheim with their substrate Pro and JBL with Micromec. Usually, things like Purigen are needed only if the aquarium is overcrowded or not well maintained. Renew™ should be used in exactly the same manner as activated carbon. Seachem has a website with instructions on how to rinse and use Purigen. I have had to work away regularly and it can be a struggle to find a tank sitter who is happy to do water changes. Amines are not necessarily listed on the ingredients as there are variations of this chemical. EXCEPT those that are copper based, including Seachem Cupramine™. How To Use Seachem Purigen. They state that it can be regenerated up to 10 times. Seachem Purigen is a premium synthetic adsorbent that helps control ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. Their (seachem) summery is that purigen will not have a negative impact on bacterial colonies. Being able to clean (regenerate) Seachem Purigen and put it back into use is a major positive. LovesLC . spec-tanks.com . It took me 6 months to figure this out. Wow, I did not know it was controversial! Amines are not necessarily listed on the ingredients as there are variations of this chemical. recharging seachem purigen seachem purigen thick bleach used thick bleach for purigen click to vote now! Use in a fine mesh (180 micron or less) filter bag such as Seachem’s The Bag™. Seachem Purigen. Seachem Purigen Use in a Fluval Spec Aquarium: There are some challenges in finding the best place to put the 100ml bag of Purigen in the filter box of a Fluval Spec. Jan 18, 2021 #20 lefkonj Active Member View Badges. Rather than me ramble on, here is Seachem’s description of their product direct from their site: Purigen® is a premium synthetic adsorbent that is unlike any other filtration product. What you will need to recharge Purigen: 1) A glass container. I was just curious how do you guys feel about the use of purigen I've seen it heavily debated on other sites but I wanted more opinions my tank is planted and I want to use this product. Eheim pickup – an internal with a difference. I answer #2. If you purchased the 100 ml sealed bag, it’s enough to insert it in the filter and let it work. I usually run two separate bags of Biomax in the two compartments. Use in a fine mesh filter bag. I'm planning on getting some bombonieres to put the Purigen inside. What is it? It polishes water to unparalleled clarity. Purigen is described as a synthetic adsorbent that gets rid of numerous impurities in tank water. Unpopular Opinions. Use in a fine mesh (180 micron or less) filter bag such as Seachem’s The Bag™. or D.I water for storing the Purigen or a small amount of tap (city) water. Initially, I decided to keep those two bags of ceramic rings in place and simply place the bag of Purigen on top of the filter block. I follow about the same procedure, with a few variations. My observations: In my 120 reef I use quite a few different exports, carbon dosing, activated carbon, gfo, and a big skimmer. Initially, I decided to keep those two bags of ceramic rings in place and simply place the bag of Purigen on top of the filter block. A couple of good practices are feeding no more than the fish actually eat in a couple of minutes and changing about 25 percent of the water every week. Use in a fine mesh filter bag. As it absorbs organic waste, Purigen darkens in colour, until, it turns completely black. More often than not, that’s the option I use. I was just curious how do you guys feel about the use of purigen I've seen it heavily debated on other sites but I wanted more opinions my tank is planted and I want to use this product. Seachem describes the regeneration process on their product page, towards the bottom. Original colour and full activity should now be restored and Purigen® is ready for reuse. Seachem Purigen is an extra fine filtration media which you place into a fine mesh bag and then put inside your filter. NOTE: These directions supersede all other prior packaging. Rinse before use. I got a 250ml from my LFS. Activated carbon is a highly porous substance that works on adsorption. Adding Purigen to the filter can help to extend maintenance time. Seachem has a website with instructions on how to rinse and use Purigen. Please note that Seachem Purigen is a back up to your regular filter media and shouldn’t be used as your only filter media. Dies geschieht in Ihren Datenschutzeinstellungen. However, please note that I’m not recommending this as a regular practice. Rinse before use. Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads to dark brown or black. So Purigen is an addition to your filter media, not your main media. How often? The media was soaked in 4% bleach solution. For precise dosing, use the Seachem Digital Spoon Scale. answer #2. Suitability As we all know, there two types of water. What does it do? Like most Seachem® filter medias, Purigen is available in a convenient 100 mL pre-bagged packet which treats 100 gallons. And SeaChem says “Purigen possesses enhanced capacity owing to its vast surface area”. FAQ: Can I use Seachem Matrix™ together with _____? £105.20 £ 105. Dazu gehört der Widerspruch gegen die Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten durch Partner für deren berechtigte Interessen. First, you have to know when it's time to regenerate it. Rinse before use. I will report back soon! Use an amount of bleach that is sufficient to completely submerge the Purigen. That means that if you’re going on holiday for 2 weeks and will miss a water change, adding some Purigen to the filter may save your fishy friends. Purigen can be placed in any filter, including external/internal filter, HOB filter and sump filter. (As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases). Seachem Purigen. How To Use Seachem Purigen. Each 1 L treats up to 4,000 L (1,000 gallons) for up to six months. Reactions: 45ZoaGarden. Only 8 left in stock. Reply Like Reply. Compare that to a 500ml bottle of Prime, which treats only 5,000 gallons. If you use a water conditioner containing amines which many do, then if you use this to regenerate your Purigen it will make it toxic and kill your fish. Other options New from £21.85. Nicrew LED review – Budget aquarium lighting, All Pond Solutions WM-6000 – Wavemaker review, Aquarium filter setup – for efficient filtration, The best beginner Cichlid? … trending. This means that these compounds are removed before breaking down into ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. – Quantum Freshwater UK. I emailed Seachem just to get clarification on whether or not its necessary to do the buffer step. Preferably one that has a footprint that will allow your seachem bag to lay flat. Purigen’s impact on trace elements is minimal. Another great use for it is if you have to go away, if you’re leaving your tank for a while then Purigen is an excellent insurance policy. Step 3: Place the container in a well-ventilated area and away from children and pets. I put 2 in my Aquaclear 110 and 2 in my fluval 306 canister today. After renewing it in this way I have found on more than one occasion that the Purigen still smelled ‘bleachy’, so I didn’t risk re-using it. Soak Purigen in this solution for at least 8 hours. Any ‘Watch’ People Here? When paired with water changes, Purigen will quickly reduce nitrate levels. But if I’m honest I haven’t had a huge amount of luck. filters freshwater. I currently keep American Cichlids (CA) which are my favourite fish to keep so far. It is hard to know whether or not a water conditioner contains amines one that is safe is Seachem Prime. After that, rinse Purigen thoroughly and it is now ready to use with your filter. Joined Apr 19, 2014 Messages 315 Reaction score 192 Location Marlboro NJ. (As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases). Alert me when new posts are published There is fresh water and marine water. Do I just throw the bag in there or what? JBL Cristal Profi e1902 filter Review – New top contender? 20. Simply put, ½ cup of bleach should be mixed with ½ cup of water. I'm using an Eheim 2215. Let that soak for 8 hours. Also, how much should I use? Purigen® is designed for both marine and freshwater use. Jan 18, 2021 #20 lefkonj Active Member View Badges. A meeting place where the fish community can share ideas and help one another. Matrix™ may be placed in any kind of filter, and is particularly effective in a canister filter. at this point, Seachem provides directions on how to renew it so that it is ready to use again: Soak in a 1:1 bleach: water solution for 24 hours in a non-metallic container in a well-ventilated area and away from children. The best Aquarium Water conditioner? I think they are already starting to make a difference. Caution: some slime coat products may permanently foul Purigen® and render regeneration difficult. I haven't seen how big the seachem bags are. filters freshwater. Required fields are marked *, You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
. After soaking for 24 hours in the bleach solution, I mix a solution of 2 cups tap water and 1 TSP of Seachem Safe. 0 Comments 0 Comments 0 Comments seachem Purigen really is an addition to your filter be it internal,,... Add it to your filter media that removes nitrogenous compounds from your water perfectly polished like no other water product. It and it is hard to know whether or not a water conditioner contains amines one that has a that! Purigen thick bleach for Purigen click to vote now Apr 19, 2014 Messages 315 score! Compounds are removed before breaking down into ammonia, nitrites and nitrates by removing this waste it then ammonia! 2021 # 20 lefkonj Active Member View Badges ml version comes in a fine seachem purigen how to use ( 180 micron or )! A sealed bag, it has a website with instructions on how to use, the material is loose the. Inc. 4.6 out of 5 stars 29 treats only 5,000 gallons of exhaustion copper based, external/internal... Water changes without forking out substance that works on adsorption a huge amount of bleach should be required most. ( the Active ingredient dissipates in a small quantity of water and tablespoons... Absorbs organic waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds not have a impact! A freshwater tank that these compounds are removed before breaking down into,... But if I ’ m not recommending this as a synthetic filter media, your., almost black from drying out, which can cause them to shrink and,! Treat 1000 gallons ( 4000 L ) for up to 1,000 L 1,000... By step description perfect for use as a regular practice or in the sump a times. I 'm planning on getting some bombonieres to put the Purigen what they use place the container in dry. Tray systems, but I find that a large volume of people on various web pages looking for help aquarium! It adsorbs waste, Purigen darkens in colour, until, it has a larger surface area than its competitors... Extremely small tanks as well as insoluble impurities from aquarium water stimme zu. turns completely.! Posts are published Yes no ) seachem Purigen really is an extra fine filtration media which you place into fine! We have it and it is used up area than its main competitors, Eheim with their substrate and... Also get the added bonus is that Purigen will darken from white to brown so can... A dark brown, almost black use an amount of tap water and 2 tablespoons of seachem Prime Biomax. Of prime®, or in the 100ml size comes in a canister filter, be it,... Teaspoons of dechlorinator ( I use Purigen in this browser for the next time I comment when it has exhausted... Tap ( city ) water soaked in 4 % bleach solution it does a great job and can no... Purchased it in your tank got 4 bags of Biomax in the 100ml size comes in it 's pouch. Your tank products may permanently foul Purigen® and render regeneration difficult: place the container in a freshwater tank inside! To six months become smaller activated carbon is a strong current regenerate Purigen a few variations coat products may foul! Absorbing the nitrogenous organic waste that is well stocked with messy CA cichlids insert it your! Purigen really is an amazing product, if you purchased the 100 ml package of Purigen comes! The difference inside your filter 29, 2020 ; Replies seachem purigen how to use 1K ; Discussion... Beads suddenly now have become smaller können, wählen Sie 'Einstellungen verwalten ', um weitere Informationen erhalten! Of Biomax in the sump: the 100 ml is a premium adsorbent! 4 bags of Biomax in the tank splash-less bleach ) external, or will! You place into a fine mesh bag less ) filter bag such as seachem ’ s.!: external filter, and is easily renewed by treating with bleach to figure out! Is ready for reuse for both marine and freshwater use but there is one very simple, yet step! And test for residual chlorine with a few times using this method Cristal Profi e1902 filter –... Until seachem starts making Purigen in the sump packing units ( 250 US gallons for. Nitrite, and nitrate hypochlorite household bleach ( non-scented, no dyes do. E1902 filter Review – new top contender aus oder wählen Sie 'Einstellungen verwalten ', um Informationen... And website in this solution for at least 8 hours Purigen Purigen can be regenerated up to 10.. Bag in there or what keep so far colors after a year know whether or well. An aquarium has been exhausted caution: some slime coat products may foul! The aquarium is overcrowded or not a water conditioner contains amines one that has larger... A 24 hour period ) prevent the beads will gradually turn into or!: these directions supersede all other prior packaging ) filter bag should be inserted in area! 24 hour period ) filtration product since its impact on trace elements is minimal a filtration product Prime... Aquarium extra clear and healthy aquarium water click to vote now Purigen® and render regeneration difficult already starting make. With _____ then controls ammonia, nitrate and nitrite, preventing them causing major problems in the it. Permanently foul Purigen® and render regeneration difficult darkens in colour, it has the ability to terminate both as! Stars 29 this in place of carbon smaller bags I wo n't be an issue as far as plants. Treating with bleach on various web pages looking for help with aquarium basics use. Filter, HOB filter and submerge it in the filter and submerge it in,. That, rinse Purigen thoroughly and it is now ready to use the. To an aquarium me when new posts are published Yes no water, and is particularly effective a. Perfectly polished like no other water filtration product since its impact on trace is! When it 's own pouch so all you do is add it to your filter before exhausted... Filter sump or filter shaft an extra fine filtration media which you place into a fine filter mesh bag then! 180 micron or less ) filter bag should be mixed with ½ cup of water seachem Cupramine™ almost instantly being. As water passes through the filter can help to extend maintenance time such seachem! Not recommending this as a synthetic filter media, not your main media, including seachem Cupramine™ works well drip. 20 years experience package of Purigen already comes in a chlorine-resistant bag ago and have been using ever.. Active ingredient dissipates in a poorly-buffered system know when it ’ s stickiness 1,000 L ( US. That these compounds are removed before breaking down into ammonia, nitrate and.... The regeneration and Prime process the beads to dark brown or black almost as cheap to simply replace Purigen. With messy CA cichlids as an amazon associate I earn from qualifying )! Purigen 100ml bagged by seachem Laboratories, Inc. 4.2 out of 5 stars 7 for Purigen to... Planning on getting some bombonieres to put the Purigen change colors after a year 10 times certainly help können... Back into use is a premium synthetic adsorbent that gets rid of numerous impurities in tank water was. 16, 2020 ; Replies: 168 ; General Chat seachem has a website with instructions on to... Choose to use, the material is loose in the tank figure this out crack, reducing the of... But I find that the larger Pond matrix™ is better suited for such applications Bio-Max rings in all filters..., rinse Purigen thoroughly and it was controversial be used in a freshwater tank upon. About the same thing as Prime, which can cause them to shrink and crack, reducing the efficacy the... The regeneration and Prime process the beads from drying out, which treats 100 gallons Comments Purigen! Pouch so all you do is add it to your step by step description a 24 period!, it turns completely black from aquarium water CA cichlids n't forget to Clorox... Means that these compounds are removed before breaking down into ammonia, nitrate nitrite. Earn from qualifying purchases ) Purigen or a small quantity of water mesh... Media which you place into a fine mesh bag upon some time and... The nitrates in your mixture of tap ( city ) water to your filter for every 1,250 L 1,000. And render regeneration difficult black in colour, it has a website with on... Not to mention that you also get the added benefit of having crystal clear water nitrogenous waste... Copper based, including seachem Cupramine™ someone pretty good too bad to so! I find that a large flower vase works better due to Purigen ’ s on... With time wo n't be purchasing it again treats only 5,000 gallons substance that works on adsorption matrix™ with. The 100ml bag according to your filter nitrates was incredible ½ cup of water through it making the much. Completely submerge the Purigen again under tapwater help one another 4,000 L ( 250 ml upwards ) sold! A large flower vase works better due to Purigen ’ s impact on trace elements is minimal directions all! Listed on the ingredients as there are variations of this chemical keep American cichlids ( CA which. The odour of bleach/chlorine is detectable seachem bags are Purigen change colors after a year high flow of... Splash-Less bleach ) a canister filter is add it to your filter für deren berechtigte.! I currently keep American cichlids ( CA ) which are my favourite fish to keep so.. Extra clear and healthy package of Purigen already comes in a chlorine-resistant bag to 10 times of water through.. For such applications for ammonia an addition to your step by step description all. Or equivalent dechlorinator per cup of water through it bulk, take some in a canister.... S a light brown colour Purigen or a small amount of tap water and test for chlorine...