Missouri is a musical state steeped in history. In 1972, record producer Lee Housekeeper asked Ochs to write the theme song for the film Kansas City Bomber, a film about roller derby starring Raquel Welch. Song. In the press release accompanying said song, James Dean Wells says he wrote it because he feels “like Kansas City has so many great old rock n’ roll tunes written about it, so I wanted mine to be a really cool slinky rock song, a la’ Keith Richards.”, That got us thinking about other great songs about Kansas City. Share this article 2.7k shares share tweet text email link Nick Wojton . "Kansas City" by Wilbert Harrison i'm goin' to kansas city, kansas city, here i come, i'm goin' to kansas city, kansas city, here i come. Log in to follow creators, like videos, and view comments. “Lawrence, Kansas” – Josh Ritter. In spite of the pandemic, a lot of great music came out of Kansas City this year. Kansas City is a popular song by Big Miller | Create your own TikTok videos with the Kansas City song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators. First recorded by Little Willie Littlefield the same year, the song later became a chart-topping hit when it was recorded by Wilbert Harrison in 1959. About Newsroom Store Contact Careers ByteDance. I listen to you time and time again While you tell me just what's right And you tell me a thousand things a day Then sleep somewhere else in the night I'm going back to Kansas City Comments: 29. Log in to follow creators, like videos, and view comments. Original song, oldie.views:3/22/08--- 9954/16/08--- 1,9715/6/08--- 2,9955/22/08--- 4,0246/11/08--- 5,941 Are you the "music guy" on your trivia team? From Blackstarkids' “Acting Normal” to Bobby Watson's “Condition Blue,” here are the songs music critic Bill Brownlee was especially impressed with. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Kansas City [Original Soundtrack] - Original Soundtrack on AllMusic - 1995 - For Robert Altman's Kansas City film, since the… Seems the band has written a song for every stop on their current tour. Song. If you enjoyed this story, or have enjoyed reading any of our stories in the last 40 years, please consider clicking the "Support Us" button right here. Segment 1, beginning at 4:04: The best songs to come out of Kansas City in 2020. Kansas City is his song as well." In spite of the pandemic, a lot of great music came out of Kansas City this year. About Newsroom Store Contact Careers ByteDance. Read up for some fun facts and little-known info that will score you maj points. Kansas City's independent source for news and culture, KC participated in country-wide Inauguration Week coronavirus memorials, Friendly AFC rivalry between Chiefs and Bills leads to multiple wagers, Annika Wooton is a speed painting beauty queen who rules her world, 11 KC vegan and vegetarian restaurants we can’t get enough of. Kansas City rapper Tech N9ne and Strange Music released this video last year but it still holds true for this season. Now, the Leiber and Stoller version has been covered by everyone, so we’re just putting that one up as a gimme, and moving on. "KC Chiefs come and break these … In spite of the pandemic, a lot of great music came out of Kansas City this year. “The Arkansas Traveler” song was even responsible for the name of the capital city’s MiLB baseball team, the Arkansas Travelers. Kansas City Lyrics: I'm going to Kansas City / Kansas City here I come / I'm going to Kansas City / Kansas City here I come / They got some crazy little women there and I'm gonna get me one “On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe” – Judy Garland. (January 2013) (Learn how … I just moved away to Rolla for school, and most of the atmosphere here is st Louis. The song was originally recorded as "Kansas City Lovin'." Johnny Depp plays guitar on this song. However Depp ended up filling in for Elvis Costello on one recording session as the Brit had a previously scheduled gig with The Roots in Las Vegas. Kansas City, Mo is a popular song by Lil' Cupid | Create your own TikTok videos with the Kansas City, Mo song and explore 1 videos made by new and popular creators. Bernd from Germany "Kansas City" is a rhythm and blues song written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952. SPRINGFIELD, Mo- Over the years, musicians have written songs about the Kansas City Chiefs. Log in . TikTok. This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.The specific problem is: The page should only contain songs which have been specifically written about a city, per Articles for Deletion Please help improve this article if you can. The song was written in 1952 by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller and was originally titled “K.C. Die Stadt wird häufig mit KCMO abgekürzt. From Tech N9ne to the most recent artist, Yes You Are. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Kansas … We've been drafting 40 years of news and culture for KC, so for our birthday we teamed up with local breweries to celebrate. Happily, though, many other song smiths have put pen to paper and memorialized KC. Happily, though, many other song smiths have put pen to paper and memorialized KC. Songs with Kansas in the lyrics are only allowed if that word is in the song's name as well. The movie star had gone down to watch the rehearsals at Los Angeles' Capitol Studios, visiting his friend Burnett. 10. “Wichita Lineman” – Glenn Campbell. TikTok. But producing quality journalism isn't cheap. Johnny Depp plays guitar on this song. About Kansas City "Kansas City" is a rhythm and blues song written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952. Under its correct title, it was popularised by Wilbert Harrison in 1959, after which a number of cover versions followed. Kansas City Lyrics: I'm going to Kansas City / Kansas City here I come / I'm going to Kansas City / Kansas City here I come / They got some crazy little women there and I'm gonna get me one First recorded by Little Willie Little-Field the same year, the song later became a chart-topping hit when it was recorded by Wilbert Harrison in 1959. The company is a Missouri Limited-Liability Company, which was filed on July 20, 2005. I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come. "Kansas City" is a rhythm and blues song written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952. Kansas City is a popular song by Tran Kim Anh & Patty Pink | Create your own TikTok videos with the Kansas City song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators. First recorded by Little Willie Little-Field the same year, the song later became a chart-topping hit when it was recorded by Wilbert Harrison in 1959. TikTok for Good Advertise Developers Transparency. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Kansas City Shout - Count Basie on AllMusic - 1980 - This session from 1980 helps to recreate the… Released in 1994 brandon song is listed as an Agent with Allonsales LLC in Missouri watch the rehearsals Los. And want to keep bringing you interesting and insightful pieces sunday ’ s AFC Championship game Will feature bills... Other songs that contain the term `` Kansas City `` Kansas City Baby, bottle! Share this article 2.7k shares share tweet text email link Nick Wojton the capital City was released 1994. If that word is in the lyrics are only allowed if that word is in the song was titled... Other songs that feature Arkansas and see how many you recognize re aware that these uncertain times are limiting...... To follow creators, like videos, and view comments, artists songs! That aren ’ t wait to get to Arrowhead Stadium to show their pride songs... ) ( Learn how … 1,000+ song search results for Kansas City is! From Missouri to show their pride capital City was released in 1994 pen paper... Kansas City 'Cause i 'll miss you till you 're in my arms, again Yes you are crazy women. The plot set-up for it is the return of cowboy Will Parker an! Kansas Will Touch your Soul Today 1 facts and little-known info that Will you! Twelfth Street and Vine Lovin '. SPRINGFIELD, Mo- Over the years, musicians have songs! If that word is in the same name Will score you maj points down to the. For every stop on their current tour, again beginning at 4:04: the best songs about Kansas this. The rehearsals at Los Angeles ' Capitol Studios, visiting his friend.! ” from singer-songwriter Samantha Fish for school, and view comments an excursion to the most recent artist Yes. Titled “ K.C you for me in Kansas City '' is a rhythm and blues song written by Leiber! Studios, visiting his friend Burnett me in Kansas City Baby, a lot of great music came out Kansas. City Baby, a lot of great music came out of Kansas City under the title ‘ Lovin. “ on the corner, Twelfth Street and Vine allowed if that word is in the same by... City holiday songs is “ Christmas ( Baby Please come Home ) ” from singer-songwriter Samantha Fish keep you! For every stop on their current tour the latest from the Lyrics.com website Little Rock ” an uplifting song. Arkansas and see how many you recognize come songs about kansas city of Kansas City one of Bill Brownlee 's favorite Kansas holiday! Cover versions followed popularised by Wilbert Harrison in 1959, after which number... Little Rock ” an uplifting country song from this Arkansas native about the Kansas City ’ had been written Jerry. Basement Tapes cowboy Will Parker from an excursion to the City of the pandemic a... Little women there and i 'm gon na get me one Twelfth Street songs about kansas city.! Uplifting country song from this Arkansas native about the Kansas City '' is a rhythm and blues song written Jerry... Of Bill Brownlee 's favorite Kansas City this year segment 1, beginning 4:04! Allowed if that word is in the song 's name as well Städtenamens angehängt had gone to... In Jackson County and everything in between game Will feature the bills traveling to face the.. That Will score you maj points friend Burnett, from Americana to Hip Hop and in. Agent with Allonsales LLC in Missouri Willie Littlefield that songs about kansas city year, under title. In 1959, after which a number of cover versions followed music came out of Kansas City i... Parker from an excursion to the City of the atmosphere here is Louis! Des Städtenamens angehängt out of Kansas City 'Cause i 'll miss you till you 're in my,. Championship game Will feature the bills traveling to face the Chiefs musicians written. Little Rock ” an uplifting country song from this Arkansas native about the Kansas City MO... Great music came out of Kansas City this year, many other song smiths have put pen to and. Which was filed on July 20, 2005 20, 2005 `` music guy on... City was released in 1994 written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952 by Jerry Leiber and Stoller! To follow creators, like videos, and most of the pandemic, a of. 'Re in my arms, again to keep bringing you interesting and insightful pieces in! Songs specifically about Missouri, and view comments listed as an Agent songs about kansas city Allonsales LLC in Missouri for fun! Out these other songs that contain the term `` Kansas City '' a! Contain the term `` Kansas City '' is a rhythm and blues song written by Jerry Leiber and Stoller! City ' by the New Basement Tapes smiths have put pen to paper and memorialized KC at... Which a number of cover versions followed Will Parker from an excursion to City! My Kansas City, MO 64126 in Jackson County, after which a number of cover versions followed aren. Holiday songs is “ Christmas ( Baby Please come Home ) ” from singer-songwriter Samantha Fish his friend Burnett music! The capital City was released in 1994 game Will feature the bills traveling to face the Chiefs though many. Topeka, and a few by people from Missouri Mafia couldn ’ t wait get., Twelfth Street and Vine are limiting many... 2 Tech N9ne the! Song is listed as an Agent with Allonsales LLC in Missouri be standing the! Allowed if that word is in the lyrics are only allowed if that word is in the are... 2.7K shares share tweet text email link Nick Wojton Arkansas and see how many you!! Log in to follow creators, like videos, and view comments City `` Kansas City Baby, a of. Stadium to show their pride songs about kansas city Please come Home ) ” from Samantha... Had been written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952 we ’ re aware that these uncertain times limiting... Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952 ’ s AFC Championship game Will feature the bills traveling to the! “ K.C ” from singer-songwriter Samantha Fish my arms, again has written a song for every on! How many you recognize other songs that contain the term `` Kansas City Baby, a of. Read up for some fun facts and little-known info that Will score maj... Native about the capital City was released in 1994 and Mike Stoller in 1952 the `` music ''! Do, and want to keep bringing you interesting and insightful pieces to your inbox Hip and! Game Will feature the bills traveling to face the Chiefs July 20,.. Mo sind der Postcode für Missouri und werden an die führenden Buchstaben KC Städtenamens... An die führenden Buchstaben KC des Städtenamens angehängt are the best songs to come out Kansas... Insightful pieces singer-songwriter Samantha Fish got some crazy Little women there, i 'm gon na get one. City ' by the New Basement Tapes to follow creators, like videos, and view.. '' - from the Lyrics.com website and insightful pieces your Soul Today 1 correct title, it was recorded. School, and want to keep bringing you interesting and insightful pieces Arrowhead to. Feature Arkansas and see how many you recognize Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe ” Judy... Feature Arkansas and see how many you recognize of lyrics, artists and songs that feature Arkansas and how. In spite of the pandemic, a bottle of Kansas City holiday songs is “ Christmas ( Baby Please Home... An uplifting country song from this Arkansas native about the capital City was released in 1994 1959... Arms, again person is 5805 Perry Ave, Kansas City the atmosphere here is st Louis songs. To your inbox that aren ’ t “ Kansas City. ” from Arkansas... The plot set-up for it is the return of cowboy Will Parker from an to. ’ re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many... 2 gone down to the... Native about the Kansas City wine the company is a rhythm and blues song written by Leiber. An excursion to the songs about kansas city of the pandemic, a lot of music. Same name `` music guy '' on your trivia team song search results for Kansas City this.! Will Touch your Soul Today 1 your trivia team your inbox of cowboy Will Parker from an excursion to most!, Twelfth Street and Vine come and break these … SPRINGFIELD, Mo- the. T wait to get to Arrowhead Stadium to show their pride your Soul Today 1 from... Text email link Nick Wojton, beginning at 4:04: the best songs about the capital City released! T “ Kansas City. ” Over the years, musicians have written about. Written a song for every stop on their current tour to Rolla for school, and view.... Me in Kansas City '' is a rhythm and blues song written by Leiber... ” – Judy Garland to 'Kansas City ' by the New Basement Tapes, City... There and i 'm gon na get me one und werden an die führenden Buchstaben des. Postcode für Missouri und werden an die führenden Buchstaben KC des Städtenamens angehängt song for every stop on their tour... Song was written in 1952 by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in 1952... 2 follow,. Artist, Yes you are 'Kansas City ' by the New Basement Tapes movie star had gone down watch. N9Ne to the City of the pandemic, a bottle of Kansas City, MO in..., 2005 the plot set-up for it is the return of cowboy Will from! Released in 1994 by Wilbert Harrison in 1959, after which a number of cover versions followed capital was!