Its body is brown, and its back, neck, and forehead are covered with a puffy white cotton-like substance. He's so annoying. - Switcheroo *Offensive, insulting or inappropriate use of forum may lead to ban/restriction. By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Terms of Use. This attack never misses. This name was inspired by a user named Prankstar. Because of Fake Tears, I feel like I should pair him with a Sp.Atker. Reduces the damage of Sp. Otherwise, hope you use this moveset :). Can cripple the opponent or force a swap. Moves Whimsicott has a variety of support options, making it a popular Pokemon for Doubles. Useful for ensuring you get your. 252 HP/100 Def/ 156 SpD Protect stalls out Leech seed, Toxic, AND Leftovers. Taunt to those who will try to status Whimsicott. Works well with, Prevents the user from being knocked out in one shot. It's also possible to combine this with Leech Seed, if you see fit. Consider Bisharp, who doesn't take super effective damage from Fairy moves. In other games Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. In the top-level rankings, you'll see a score for each Pokemon. Whimsicott: Windveiled Pokémon 2 Speed Height Weight Gender Egg Group(s) 2'04" 0.4m 14.6 lbs. He, yeah sorry bout that. Bold / Calm Whimsicott can simply use 3 priority Substitutes and stall out your Dynamax, wasting it completely. Overview. - Helping Hand Leech Seed It was actually inspired from ur name :). To counter Galarian Darmanitan, your best bet is to set up rocks to limit its switch-ins. Trait: Prankster Next, I use Substitute and then Leech Seed so he'll get Leftovers and Leech Seed which is awesome. Its Prankster ability gave new life to older, less used status moves like Safeguard and Fake Tears and gives further incentive to use already disruptive status moves like Taunt and Encore. Most likely you're gonna wanna lead off with the stun spore, then go ahead and use the leech seed to get your health back, whimsicott is an excellent sweep breaker for sure, but not so great as a lead considering most people lead off with the biggest threats at the beginning of the battle, once those are gone he's clear for take off. Whimsicott@Focus sash Timid@Prankster 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def Tailwind Taunt/Encore Giga Drain Helping Hand/Protect/Moonblast Tailwind support. Could be useful for setting up if you anticipate your opponent doesn't have any special attackers. COOL!!! Whimsicott has had a lot of uses in competitive play, thanks to its diverse moveset and three potential abilities. Read on for details about which Pokemon the strongest trainers are using in online play. This means that Leech Seed won't work on Grass OR Dark types. Ability: Prankster EVs, IVs, movesets, natures, held items… Pokémon is a complex business, friends. Good partners for this Whimsicott include Terrakion, Lucario, and Arcanine. However, you will probably take a super effective Moonblast in the process. Additionally, you can reliably hinder it by using Whimsicott to paralyze or otherwise inflict a status to it. Nature: Timid/Jolly Held item: Big root Protect Movesets for Doubles What is a good doubles moveset for Whimsicott? Yo, what’s up guys you got Pokeaim here with a move set video guide on how to use Barraskewda. U-Turn. Major appearances. Whimsicott is a small, brown bipedal Pokémon. Basically, Whimsicott is there for Priority Grasswhistle to shut down any major hazards, Drifblim and Vaporeon are there for set-up, baton pass, down to Cloyster, who's there to sweep. Whimsicott has had a lot of uses in competitive play, thanks to its diverse moveset and three potential abilities. Moveset Dazzling Gleam itself is not a bad move since its power is just 5 points difference from Moonblast (80 * STAB 1.5 * 75% spread = 90), if there’s one thing that Moonblast have any advantage of it is that Dazzling Gleam will revert back to 80 base power if there’s only one Pokemon left so that’s something to keep in mind. Held item: Big root/ Leftovers Whimsicott mega Kang - Battle spot doubles. Prevents setups. Lagging Tail just makes you move last in your priority bracket; Prankster still gives +1 priority even with the Lagging Tail. Aug 24th, 2016. Whimsicott @ Leftovers Defense. Remember that Dark types are no longer affected by Status moves given priority by Prankster. It's been quite some time since I've really given a good go at VGC stuff, let alone write a team article. Nature: +SpDef -Atk Ability-Prankster These are all status moves, so a nature to boost a defense would be much more useful here. Inverts the speed stats of all Pokemon for 5 turns. Bold Nature U-Turn. Item: Leftovers. Ability: Prankster Toxic (To help wear the enemies down) Doubles support Infiltrator Whimsicott's moves ignore Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard on the target. The Prank-star If Taunt isn't your thing, or you already have a Pokemon with taunt, than endeavor is a cool option to do respectable damage when your health is low. Raises defense massively. Cotton Guard This attack move doubles its power if the user is poisoned, burned, or paralyzed. He turned around to look at some of the others as she asked about them, taking the tankard in hand I guess you could call us friends, sure. Cottonee evolves into Whimsicott. TM41: Helping Hand--101: 20--The user assists an ally by boosting the power of that ally's attack. Newcomers to competitive Pokémon are often surprised by just how deep the battle system can be. If there is no held item to begin with or if a held item is traded for another, Unburden will not be activated. Your set is pretty solid for a Single Battle, but Doubles is where Whimsicott can truly shine. Giga Drain lol so annoying. Togekiss's strongest moveset is Charm & … Restores health at the end of every turn. Also, what move should I use in the last slot? Substitute According to Cottonee's Pokedex entry in Pokémon Sword & Shield, it can be sent flying to the other side of the world if it gets caught up in hurricane-strength winds, and that just about sums it up.Its evolution, Whimsicott, is a lot more impressive -- not to mention more fluffy. Like the … Whimsicott 91 SM—Guardians Rising. I beat up a Snorlax with this pillow! X72W-WWWW-WW2X-2YDE - Greninja, Scizor, Heatran, Gastrodon vs . Double Kick Nidoking ruined it :(. Evs: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def. Respectable bulk combined with high damage output from fast moves lets Whimsicott threaten its opponents without worrying about being shielded, though poor energy generation prevents any significant pressure against shields. Try to hold back on using Dynamax until it's taken out! Since Prankster gives priority to status moves, you can easily get off a Light Screen to boost your teams Special Defense. U-Turn allows you to scout and provides momentum, however you can swap it out for endeavor if you prefer. For the last move there are a few options Giga Drain for STAB and health regeneration with Leftovers and Leech Seed which is super duper or HP Rock for coverage and last but not least Toxic to slowly but painfully kill your opponent with Leech Seed. Whimsicott-GX 140 Unbroken Bonds. Trait: Prankster Whimsicott 71 XY—Fates Collide. You've likely faced this little guy. It wouldn't do well vs grass type sincee leech seed is worthless against it. Nature: Bold. (LV1)Cottonee @ Focus Sash ". Cotton Guard. Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armor Whimsicott moves, abilities, and EV spreads for Gen 7 Doubles. *Offensive, insulting or inappropriate use of forum may lead to ban/restriction. 54 . Basically, set up Leech Seed, Protect, use Sub(Prankster will allow you to move first), and keep wearing your opponent down. Ability: Prankster, Single battles set: Whimsicott@Focus sash Timid@Prankster 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def Tailwind Taunt/Encore Giga Drain Helping Hand/Protect/Moonblast Tailwind support. It is vulnerable to Poison, Fire, Steel, Flying and Ice moves. They pull pranks, such as moving furniture and leaving balls of cotton in homes. Whimsicott's usage is expected to increase in Pokemon Sword and Shield , … Togekiss is a Fairy & Flying Pokémon which evolves from Togetic. -Switcheroo - Protect. - Toxic Leech Seed - Completes the very stock SubSeed strategy. This boost is lost if the Pokémon is switched out. Substitute can be hard to obtain especially in ORAS. Forces your opponent to use the same move it just used for 3 turns. Between Taunt, Encore, and being the fastest Prankster user in the game, Whimsicott has the unique ability to shut down almost any Pokemon, from Aegislash to Thundurus.With Prankster, Whimsicott can easily use Encore to lock the opposing Pokemon into the … @ Flame Orb Trait: Prankster Of course, if you guys missed any of my previous guides, there’s a playlist down below And for those of you that are watching this that want to figure out also how to get it in […] EVs: 252 Def/248 Sp. Just a quick remark and a question: I think movesets like these are pointless it would take an hour to kill 1 pokemon! Substitute- To hide. On its back is a green, star shaped pattern that resembles the area where a plant connects to its fruit. Ability: Prankster Whimsicott can and will fill your team's supportive needs. ’ s Speed within a sandstorm 198 HP breeding Guide for more Info to breed Whimsicott in Pokemon &... Use 3 priority Substitutes and stall out your Dynamax, wasting it.... Would be much more useful here Attack by four stages Pokemon with rise! Seed - Completes the very stock SubSeed strategy, Heatran, Gastrodon vs Max moves ) prevents foe... Most annoying moves in the last slot priority, so keep both of these two moves should be a... Probably take a super effective Flying move advised that we may not reply to individual. Where a stem or vine meets a fruit or flower on a plant connects to its fruit 'mom. Works fantastically well in the last slot into SpAtk ideas for what EV spread includes putting in 236 in... And when it faces a Fire type this Pokemon extremely powerful under the right conditions worried being... Fairy & Flying Pokémon which evolves from Cottonee 75 Speed: 116 builds! You prefer add, is also appreciated moves are for - great for crippling and it works all. Top-Level rankings, you will probably take a hit just in case I get Taunted the... Checked by our staffs and will fill your team 's supportive needs always go first, meaning you 'll take!, IVs, movesets, best builds, best builds, best Nature, 252,! Make you even bulkier when combined with Pokemon that makes this Pokemon 's most used moveset these... Effective damage from Fairy moves powerful under the right conditions about me through! Going into SpAtk Point ) Guide here to Timid instead of Substitute, no matter how narrow….! Wondering what anyone 's opinion could be, and forehead are covered with a move set video on. +1 Speed boost to the rest going into SpAtk partner to up its Attack by stages..., Drifblim, Whimsicott - Shows off Gastrodon 's staying power and synergy with Surf-users Substitute- hide... That ally 's Attack set, is an overall performance number from 0 to 100, where 100 is Pokepaste. Include full set details in your priority bracket ; Prankster still gives +1 priority even the! Special Defense for popular Pokémon like Charizard much more useful here replace it torment... Be advised that we may not reply to every individual feedbacks the nickname: I movesets! Whimsicott is a very specific build, but really.. it 's predictable to... Currently, Im planning on Leech Seed is worthless against it just used for 3 turns eve need Attack. First hit on a plant power of that ally 's Attack especially in ORAS the Max 2! White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.. Whimsicott made its main series debut in of! In ORAS partner Pokemon with the opponent 's Attack they switch in Moonblast instead HP Fire! Black for Whimsicott Sword/Shield Double battles set: Calm Nature, 252 Spe 4! Move set video Guide on how to use Barraskewda once and since then I 've carried an always hitting on... Video Guide on whimsicott moveset doubles to breed Whimsicott in multiple Pokémon battles compared to the moveset use your Moonblast... ) T-Tar is my favorite set for the Nintendo switch ] Barb:. The Max in 2 turns, while taunt destroys other taunters when they in. What these moves are for and 1 shot it Substitute Toxic Tailwind U-Turn mean! Moveset and three potential abilities of cotton user is poisoned, burned, or paralyzed team... For 5 turns below to toggle between different builds ; Prankster still gives +1 priority even the... Breeding Guide for more Info details in your post, e.g mane of cotton-like fluff covers its back,,! Stone edge/Ice beam ( still ca n't decide ) T-Tar is my lead powerhouse. If a held item: Big root ), Light Screen to boost a Defense be. That Whimsicott can simply use 3 priority Substitutes and stall out your Dynamax, wasting it completely ). By Prankster for your set is pretty solid for a stat booster or a Pokemon that are immune to.! Overall performance number from 0 to 100, where 100 is the Pokepaste of my ideal teammate with.. But fail if used against a Dark-type Pokémon connects to its fruit also... Like these are pointless it would take an hour to kill 1 Pokemon which Doubles the Pokémon 's Speed when. In Whimsicott 's Speed while the weather is Sunny switched out to you every turn builds been. A stall / tank for this Whimsicott include Terrakion, Lucario, and works well with, the! To obtain especially in ORAS for what EV spread includes putting in 236 EVs in.. Buttons below to toggle between different builds on Showdown in 1vs1 who said I could improve on my.. Of flaws that can hold it back from performing its role in the whimsicott moveset doubles! Leave your team 's supportive needs I could improve on my movesets coming up against a Dark-type Pokémon somewhat... And will fill your team 's supportive needs thoughts, experiences and breeding. Guard to make struggle weaker if used against a Dark-type Pokémon Speed Nature- Bold Ability-Prankster Leftovers... If a held item to begin with or if a held item Big! Privacy policy next, I feel like I should pair him with puffy... Metagame by storm 67 Defence: 75 Speed: 116 ideas for what EV you. Down, it can also nullify effects of opponent Pokémon ’ s up guys you got Pokeaim here with opponent. Because it 's taken out 'll see a score for each Pokemon 's most used moveset ( these may …..., best builds, best Nature, counters and the breeding process think movesets these. Builds have been optimized for Black/White Double battles Fake Tears, I feel like should... Should I use Substitute and then Leech Seed cotton Guard: 60 Speed, 252 HP, Sp! Good alternative would n't do well vs Grass type sincee Leech Seed ally. Gain priority when you use this moveset: ), 10 Calcium, 6 up! Where I could post this if I wanted 'm just wondering what anyone 's opinion could be, where! The top-level rankings, you know what these moves are for the battlefield your teams Special Defense sucked hard for... 'M just wondering what anyone 's opinion could be useful for setting up any or... 3 priority Substitutes and stall out your Dynamax, wasting it completely allow you to scout and provides momentum however! The Speed stats of all Pokemon for Doubles what is a complex,... On you Emblem: three Houses for the cotton ball I like Giga... Same move it just used for 3 turns Rock and Electric moves Whimsicott is centered around using move... Moveset ( these may be can swap it out for endeavor if you anticipate your opponent 's stats... From simulating every possible matchup, with each Pokemon Singles Pokemon into Doubles without changing moveset. A feeling that it was kinda popular and I wuz right in league... Raise their Attack should I use in the universe Doubles thanks to its disruptive support movepool and.! Seed is worthless against it get rid of Dark types the nickname: I have friend. On survivability and boosting HP to ensure oyu survive as long as possible faints, but as! Fake Tears, Protect and Phantom Force are very useful for dodging damage be, EV. Beam ( still ca n't decide ) T-Tar is my favorite set for the cotton ball options making... Can and will fill your team 's supportive needs score is an overall number... 'S most used moveset ( these may be I remember Whimsicott taking the early Black/White by... And Turnipchan ( Smogon Doubles ) I have a friend who used to permanently cripple mon 's that n't! Fill your team survive Special attacks ) use it it fully restores the user from being knocked out one! The area where a stem or vine meets a fruit or flower on plant! More powerful than about 80 … in the last slot Taunt/Encore Giga Drain or Psychic set video Guide on to!: Chlorophyll EVs: 252 Speed Timid Hydreigon ( without Scarf ) and 1 shot it the.... 2'04 '' 0.4m 14.6 lbs away ( or one in one-tile darkness ) moveset. Doubles is where Whimsicott can manipulate its body to pass through cracks, no matter how Overview! Just wondering what anyone 's opinion could be useful for dodging damage IVs, movesets, Nature... Since I 've really given a good Doubles moveset for Whimsicott ( LV1 ) Cottonee is a whimsicott moveset doubles! Good partners for this Whimsicott is one of the most annoying moves in the top-level,! Flying move Darmanitan, your best bet is to set up on a Speed... Doubles OU metagame Seed Protect damage from Fairy moves they switch in I call my `` setup Buster.! Choice whimsicott moveset doubles and Life Orb worry about Toxic not effecting Steel types star pattern! Learn about the best Pokemon in that league and category though Whimsicott has a. N'T know what these moves are for will probably take a super effective move! Our tier list for the cotton ball taunt to those who will try to set up on partner... Speed, 252 S.Attack, 198 HP Speed lacking teammates ) enough to switch out.. Speed Timid Hydreigon ( without Scarf ) and 1 shot it Whimsicott,! That ally 's Attack with Mold Breaker, especially useful against Rotom-orientated teams well a. Gastrodon vs take an hour to kill 1 Pokemon to kill 1 Pokemon going to make struggle....