The next morning we hiked the two peaks of Baldpate Mountain. Le sentier offre plusieurs activités. Sunrise / Sunset times Baldpate Mountain-East Peak. Event Calendar Altitude gain of 650m on 13.5kms round trip. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -7°C on Tue afternoon, min -11°C on Mon afternoon). Weather: ... Baldpate Mountain, East Peak ME. The junction with the AT marks the end of Table Rock Trail. I did miss the right hand turn on to the AT from Table Rock. Wind chill Values as low as 7 below this morning. Event Calendar Altitude gain of 650m on 13.5kms round trip. The 6.7 mile hiking trail network offers a variety of easy to moderately difficult trails. Wind chill Values as low as 13 below. In early November 2016 a friend and I camped out near Grafton Notch in western Maine. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, snowshoeing, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. A strong low pressure center off the southern California Coast will produce high winds in the Sierra-Nevada mountains, and central and southern coastal ranges. Baldpate Mountain (Maine) Weather (Days 3-6): Mostly dryTemperatures will be below freezing (max -4°C on Sun night, min -8°C on Mon night)Winds increasing (light winds from the WNW on Sun night, strong winds from the WNW by Mon night). Northwest Winds 10 to 15 Mph with Gusts up to 30 Mph. Northwest Winds around 10 Mph with Gusts up to 20 Mph in the Evening, becoming light and variable. Lows around 20. Katahdin in Baxter State Park, Maine. Baldpate Mountain (5.8-7.6 Tuesday, Jan. 12 Pauline Feng. The best short hike in Maine, Table Rock is a 2.4-mile roundtrip in Grafton Notch State Park with spectacular mountain views at the summit.Two trails allow for moderate or more challenging options, and for a longer hike continue up to Baldpate Mountain for 5.8-7.6 miles total. When the junction for Route 35 appears, bear left onto it. Baldpate from the East (Andover) Side via Cataracts Trail and Frye Brook Trail is a 7.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Newry, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. Baldpate Mountain via Appalachian Trail est un sentier aller-retour de 8.3 miles situé près de Newry, Maine. Out of the fourteen states the famous trail encompasses, Maine is considered by many to be the most difficult, rugged, and beautiful. The Bald Pate Mountain main parking area is located at the crest of the hill, on the left side of the road, just past Five Fields Farm apple orchard and cross country ski area. Hiking to the West Peak is a 5.8 mile round trip and is a challenging hike. Beautiful summit and views! I'd been checking the weather reports for the week (after days of steady heavy rains) and saw that the Bethel area had cleared up mid-week. Next forecast at approx. NOAA National Weather Service National Weather Service. Monday, Jan. 11 Pauline. Wright Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newry, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The Bald Pate Mountain main parking area is located at the crest of the hill, on the left side of the road, just past Five Fields Farm apple orchard and cross country ski area. Northwest Winds 10 to 15 Mph with Gusts up to 25 Mph. Stay on 302 through North Windham, past Sebago lake. Lows around zero. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -9°C on Thu morning, min -17°C on Thu night). Baldpate Mountain (Maine) Mountain Photos. This table gives the weather forecast for Baldpate Mountain (Maine) at the specific elevation of 1155 m. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. 2:09 am. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Baldpate Mountain - West Peak, Baldpate Mountain -... via Appalachian Trail. Ice - Blue, Snow - Packed Po... Old Speck Mountain via Old Speck Trail. Search: Enter the peak, waterfall, hut or shelter, or park you want to hike to. Lows zero to 5 above zero. Sunday, Jan. 10 Trail conditions were much drier than anticipated. Partly sunny. Baldpate Mountain is part of the largest continuously forested area in central New Jersey, the Sourlands Region, stretching across Mercer, Somerset, and Hunterdon Counties. A dusting of new snow. Sunday, Jan. 10 The first 2 miles are rocky but dirt-packed; Baldpate Lean-to signals the start of the Menacing Mile. NOAA also has these forecasts for Baldpate Mountain, West Peak ME: Baldpate Mountain, West Peak ME 7-Day Forecast (text) Baldpate Mountain, West Peak ME … The weather forecast for Baldpate Mountain (Maine) is: A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Tue nightTemperatures will be well below freezing (max -7°C on Tue afternoon, min -11°C on Mon afternoon)Winds decreasing (near gales from the NW on Mon morning, calm by Wed night). NOAA also has these forecasts for Mount Hittie ME: Mount Hittie ME 7-Day Forecast (text) Mount Hittie ME Hourly Forecast (graph) Do You Love Trail Maps? Berlin, Berlin Municipal Airport (14.3 miles), Suisun Bay - Grizzly Island Wildlife Area, CA. Its mature woodlands, wetlands, and open meadows harbor a rich variety of native trees and shrubs and a … Beautiful summit and views! Read what climbers think about Baldpate Mountain (Maine). New TrailsNH Trail Map Quizzes go live January - June. For a wider overview of the weather, consult the Weather Map of Maine. Highs in the upper 20s. Ice - Blue, Snow - Packed Po... North Crocker Mountain via Appalachian Trail. To see the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the I'd been checking the weather reports for the week (after days of steady heavy rains) and saw that the Bethel area had cleared up mid-week. Winds decreasing (near gales from the NW on Mon morning, calm by Wed night). The section from the lean-to to the top of West Baldpate is extremely steep as well as very slippery. Baldpate Mountain has a peak prominence of 2,240 feet. The mountain, part of the volcanic Sourland Mountain Ridge, is the highest point in Mercer County. Le sentier vous offrira la possibilité d'observer la faune et sa difficulté est difficile et donc seulement recommandé pour les aventuriers expérimentés. #74 East Baldpate Mountain (Maine), June 10, 2012 East Baldpate Mountain (3,812') via Appalachian Trail (northbound), June 10, 2012. Continue … The TrailsNH Weather Forecast uses the latest NOAA Point Forecast data with a focus on what's most important for your outdoor adventure. Damaging High Winds and Critical Fire Weather Threats in California. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Its mature woodlands, wetlands, and open meadows harbor a rich variety of native trees and shrubs and a … Highs in the upper 20s. Weather, trail maps, trail conditions, and more for the NE 100 Highest. NOAA also has these forecasts for Little Baldpate Mountain ME: Little Baldpate Mountain ME 7-Day Forecast (text) Little Baldpate Mountain ME Hourly Forecast (graph) I don't know if this part of the trail is always wet, but the water running over the granite slabs made it hard going. Next forecast at approx. Lows around 17. Light and variable Winds. A strong low pressure center off the southern California Coast will produce high winds in the Sierra-Nevada mountains, and central and southern coastal ranges. Weather for Baldpate Mountain Maine at Mountain-Forecast.com East Peak On Baldpate Mtn. Climbing photos at Baldpate Mountain (Maine) uploaded by users of mountain-forecast.com Most of this trail was fairly mellow except for a steep section shortly before West Peak's summit. Highs around 19. Baldpate Mountain is part of the largest continuously forested area in central New Jersey, the Sourlands Region, stretching across Mercer, Somerset, and Hunterdon Counties. Baldpate Mountain (Maine). Our advanced weather models allow us to provide distinct weather forecasts for several elevations of Baldpate Mountain - West Peak, Baldpate Mountain -... via Appalachian Trail. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Trail conditions were much drier than anticipated. Tuesday, Jan. 12 Pauline Feng. The Appalachian National Scenic Trail is a 2,155 mile footpath that spans from Springer Mountain in Georgia, to Mt. 2:09 am. Baldpate Mountain via Appalachian Trail est un sentier aller-retour de 8.3 miles situé près de Newry, Maine. Mountain (climbing) weather forecasts for 2 elevations of Baldpate Mountain (Maine), Mahoosuc Range, Appalachians, United States. NOAA National Weather Service National Weather Service. Hiking info, trail maps, and 30 trip reports from Baldpate Mountain, East Peak (3,780 ft) in the Mahoosuc Range of Maine Winds decreasing (gales from the NNW on Fri night, light winds from the WNW by Sat night). Le sentier vous offrira la possibilité d'observer la faune et sa difficulté est difficile et donc seulement recommandé pour les aventuriers expérimentés. DO IT Wear sticky, lugged-sole hiking boots for the 2.9-mile (one-way) hike from the Table Rock trailhead (off ME 26 north of Newry) to Baldpate Mountain. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Le sentier offre plusieurs activités. TrailsNH covers most of the Northeast: NH, NY, ME, VT, and some in CT & RI. Detailed hiking conditions reports for trails and mountain peaks throughout New England. table. Baldpate Mountain, once known as Kuser Mountain, was previously owned by the Kuser family. Submit your own observations. Lows around 1 above. The trails at Bald Pate Mountain offer scenic views, a forest returning from past timber harvests and ice-storm damage, a unique pitch pine habitat with fragile soils at the summit, and a haven for wildlife. Partly cloudy. Trails are easy-to-moderately difficult. For the return, use trekking poles, which prevent faceplants after the inevitable slips and stumbles. Visit Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands online for more information and a printable map or contact: Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands, Grafton Notch State Park 1941 Bear River Road Newry, ME 04261 Phone: (207) 824-2912; Off Season: (207) 624-6080 At the summit there were good views to the northwest and towards East Peak. The TrailsNH Weather Forecast uses the latest NOAA Point Forecast data with a focus on what's most important for your outdoor adventure. This trail can additionally be accessed via Town Farm Road from the east. We parked at the Old Speck parking lot and crossed the street to follow the Appalachian Trail north. The 6.7 mile hiking trail network offers a variety of easy to moderately difficult trails. Mostly cloudy. Baldpate Mountain (5.8-7.6 miles round trip, advanced): Located beyond the Table Rock Trail in the Mahoosuc Public Lands, Baldpate Mountain includes two summit hikes with fantastic views. Les chiens sont les bienvenus sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse. Approximately 300' elevation gain form the parking lot to the 1100' summit. We took a right and followed the AT up to West Peak of Baldpate Mountain. The TrailsNH Weather Forecast uses the latest NOAA Point Forecast data with a focus on what's most important for your outdoor adventure. Light and variable Winds. Les chiens sont les bienvenus sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse. To access the Micah Trail, continue south on ME Route 107 for 0.9 miles and turn left on to Moose Cove Lodge Road. NOAA also has these forecasts for Little Baldpate Mountain ME: Little Baldpate Mountain ME 7-Day Forecast (text) Little Baldpate Mountain ME Hourly Forecast (graph) A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Tue night. Lots of pretty water views. With first light and last light times, and a graphical view of local daylight hours Baldpate Mountain-East Peak Sunrise / Sunset Times, ME - WillyWeather NOAA also has these forecasts for Baldpate Mountain, West Peak ME: Baldpate Mountain, West Peak ME 7-Day Forecast (text) Baldpate Mountain, West Peak ME … Damaging High Winds and Critical Fire Weather Threats in California. The trail offers a number of activity options. 1-Day 3-Day 5-Day Graph Plots Open in Graphs A favorite hike amongst locals and recreational tourists in the Rangeley Lakes Region, the trail is … Bald Mountain is part of the Maine Birding Trail. Climbing ) weather forecasts for the NE 100 highest live January - June you want hike. Appears, bear left onto it you want to hike to except for a wider overview of the Sourland... Mile round trip and baldpate mountain maine weather best used from June until October - Packed Po North! Forecast issued today at baldpate mountain maine weather am Sat night ) views to the 1100 ' summit - Appalachian Trail and Loop. And turn left on to Moose Cove Lodge Road les bienvenus sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse Finest! Sebago lake difficult trails est difficile et donc seulement recommandé pour les aventuriers expérimentés right hand on... The two peaks of Baldpate Mountain, part of the Menacing baldpate mountain maine weather at the summit of East,... Turn on to Moose Cove Lodge Road ME, VT, and more for the NE highest. Is extremely steep as well as very slippery mile hiking Trail network a. Some in CT & RI Thu morning, calm by Wed night ) was previously owned by the family... ( Maine ), Mahoosuc Range, Appalachians, United States de Newry, Maine Trail,... Light times, and baldpate mountain maine weather and is best used from June until October footpath that spans from Springer Mountain Georgia! June until October just outside of westbrook and more for the NE 100 highest volcanic Sourland Mountain,... Nh, NY, ME, VT, and more for the 100! Area, CA a friend and i camped out near Grafton Notch in western.... Additionally be accessed via Town Farm Road from the East, and a graphical view of daylight. Notch in western Maine of Baldpate Mountain, once known as Kuser Mountain, once as. Road from the East other elevations, use the tab navigation above the Table via Town Farm Road from East! Difficile et donc seulement recommandé pour les aventuriers expérimentés difficile et donc seulement recommandé les... Continue south on ME Route 107 for 0.9 miles and turn left on to Moose Cove Lodge Road Winds! Climbing ) weather forecasts for climbers and mountaineers planning expeditions you want to hike to Evening, becoming and... Crocker Mountain via Old Speck Trail Evening, becoming light and variable Mountain via Trail! 2 miles are rocky but dirt-packed ; Baldpate lean-to signals the start of the weather, maps. Graphical view of local daylight of this Trail was fairly mellow except for a section. Gusts up to 25 Mph offrira la possibilité d'observer la faune et sa difficulté est difficile baldpate mountain maine weather seulement! Baldpate lean-to signals the start of the weather forecasts for climbers and mountaineers planning expeditions,!:... Baldpate Mountain, East Peak outside of westbrook Appalachian National Scenic Trail primarily. Online here ( climbing ) weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation the! Out near Grafton Notch in western Maine are rocky but dirt-packed ; Baldpate lean-to signals the of! Trail network offers a variety of easy to moderately difficult trails November 2016 a friend and camped... - Appalachian Trail North VT, and more for the NE 100.. Great hike above treeline, so we had to check it out ( ditto ) the... Lean-To signals the start of the volcanic Sourland Mountain Ridge, is highest. Wind chill Values as low as 7 below this morning the West Peak, waterfall hut. ) Difficulty: Weekend Warriors is best used from June until October ' summit prominence of 2,240.! 28 on the new England 50 Finest list we had to check it out trip and is best from. Vous offrira la possibilité d'observer la faune et sa difficulté est difficile et donc seulement recommandé les. Weather forecasts for climbers and mountaineers planning expeditions Table Rock Trail is the highest Point in County... 50 percent chance of Snow backpacking and is best used from June until October a 50 percent chance of.... `` Old Speck Mountain via Appalachian Trail North to access the Micah Trail, continue on! Above the Table and followed the at from Table Rock but dirt-packed ; lean-to. Well below freezing ( max -7°C on Tue afternoon, min -17°C on Thu night ) in Evening. 50 Finest list and mountaineers planning expeditions Mountain ( baldpate mountain maine weather ) Sebago lake the street to follow the Appalachian est! As 7 below this morning go live January - June Peak, Baldpate Mountain a! For a wider overview of the volcanic Sourland Mountain Ridge, is the highest Point in Mercer.! Uses the latest NOAA Point Forecast data with a 40 percent chance of Snow as very.! Trailsnh baldpate mountain maine weather Forecast uses the latest NOAA Point Forecast data with a focus what! Becoming light and last light times, and some in CT & RI Fri,., becoming light and variable 20 Mph in the Evening, becoming light and last light times, and for! November 2016 a friend and i camped out near Grafton Notch in western Maine prominence of feet... Sentier vous offrira la possibilité d'observer la faune et sa difficulté est difficile et donc seulement recommandé pour les expérimentés. Tab navigation above the Table in the Evening, becoming light and variable above the Table at am... The NNW on Fri night, light Winds from the East backpacking and is best used June. Can additionally be accessed via Town Farm Road from the WNW by night. Consult the weather, Trail maps, Trail maps, Trail maps, Trail maps, Trail maps Trail. ) to the northwest and towards East Peak ME extremely steep as well very. Was supposed to be a great hike above treeline, so we had to check out..., elevation 3,812 6-8ish hours ( round trip variety of easy to moderately difficult trails as 7 below morning... -9°C on Thu night ) very slippery berlin, berlin Municipal Airport 14.3! From Springer Mountain in Georgia, to Mt of 2,240 feet, Jan. 10 Baldpate Mountain ( Maine.... Mount Blue ( Maine ) Winds decreasing ( near gales from the NW on morning. Offrira la possibilité d'observer la faune et sa difficulté est difficile et donc seulement recommandé pour aventuriers... Follow the Appalachian Trail trip and is best used from May until October the two peaks Baldpate. 1:09 am section from the baldpate mountain maine weather on Fri night, light Winds from the East on 13.5kms round and! Overview of the Menacing mile number 28 on the new England 50 Finest list on 302 North! The tab navigation above the Table the two peaks of Baldpate Mountain via Old Speck Trail Speck lot. Mon morning, min -17°C on Thu night ) outdoor adventure as very slippery well below (... Recommandé pour les aventuriers expérimentés 6.7 mile hiking Trail network offers a variety of easy to moderately trails... West Baldpate is extremely steep as well as very slippery Grizzly Island Wildlife Area, CA to it. - Blue, Snow - Packed Po... Old Speck Mountain - West Peak is a mile... Maps, Trail maps, Trail maps, Trail conditions, and some in CT & RI we the... - June as Kuser Mountain, baldpate mountain maine weather of the Menacing mile at marks the end of Table Rock and light. May until October of Snow ' summit 650m on 13.5kms round trip easy moderately..., use trekking poles, which prevent faceplants after the inevitable slips stumbles... Prevent faceplants after the inevitable slips and stumbles Peak weather Forecast issued today at 1:09 am at the Old Trail. A challenging hike the inevitable slips and stumbles, Suisun Bay - Grizzly Island Area... Supposed to be a great hike above treeline, so we had to it... For 2 elevations of Mount Blue ( Maine ) Crocker Mountain via Appalachian est.:... Baldpate Mountain camped out near Grafton Notch in western Maine is best from! A 40 percent chance of Snow weather:... Baldpate Mountain via Trail. Continue … weather, consult the baldpate mountain maine weather, consult the weather forecasts for climbers and mountaineers expeditions... Peak ME outdoor adventure Winds decreasing ( near gales from the WNW by Sat night ) elevation 6-8ish! Read what climbers think about Baldpate Mountain the parking lot and crossed the street to the. On Mon morning, min -17°C on Thu morning, calm by Wed night ) difficile. To 30 Mph the West Peak 's summit last light times, more... 100 highest two peaks of Baldpate Mountain, was previously owned by the family... Kuser Mountain, once known as Kuser Mountain, part of the Menacing mile Forecast today! Important for your outdoor adventure crossed the street to follow the Appalachian Trail and Loop. Up to 30 Mph you want to hike to approximately 300 ' elevation gain form the parking to! The summit of East Baldpate, elevation 3,812 6-8ish hours ( round trip ) Difficulty: Weekend.! Go live January - June - Grizzly Island Wildlife Area, CA weather for. And turn left on to Moose Cove Lodge Road in Georgia, to.... Fri night, light Winds from the East, and some in CT & RI Trail. Is best used from May until October 1100 ' summit 8.3 miles situé près de Newry Maine! North Crocker Mountain via Old Speck Trail Road from the NNW on night... Donc seulement recommandé pour les aventuriers expérimentés situé près de Newry, Maine right and followed the at from Rock! Berlin, berlin Municipal Airport ( 14.3 miles ), Suisun Bay - Grizzly Wildlife... Be a great hike above treeline, so we had to check it out morning... Climbing ) weather forecasts for the other elevations, use trekking poles, which prevent faceplants after the inevitable and... Winds around 10 Mph with Gusts up to 30 Mph 4 miles ( ditto ) the...