1 drama, but it reentered the pop culture conversation in 2002, when R&B queen Mary J Blige sampled it for her hit song "No More Drama." This Frank Sinatra cinema vehicle was sung with a children’s choir for the Frank Capra film A Hole In The Head. No blaxploitation tracks…..DAM WRONG. But can they do so without revealing their ghostly powers? Do not forsake me, oh my darling! A country song that had been kicking around for a few years, in versions by writer Ed Bruce and then Chris LeDoux, gained widespread attention and acclaim when Willie Nelson sang it for the Robert Redford-Jane Fonda film about a rebellious cowboy. The Woman In Red was a mildly entertaining comedy starring Gene Wilder, but its soundtrack was a Stevie Wonder-helmed affair that included his global smash title track. Learn more in iview Support. Monster High Lyrics - Theme Song Lyrics. “Jay had seen a movie where a family used it as their motto,” he recalled. Yet he wrote one not only one of the best film songs of all time, but one of the most famous songs of the late 20th Century. The TV theme song is dead. In the film, Valens is played by Lou Diamond Phillips, while the brilliant LA band Los Lobos scored a No.1 hit with the title song, reviving interest in the singer’s music with their vibrant version. 4h. Find TV episodes, reviews, ratings, lists, and links to watch Dead Gorgeous online on SideReel - (Formerly known as Dead Normal) The adventures of three sisters, Rebecca, Sophie and Hazel Ainsworth who died in a terrible carriage crash along with their beloved nanny, during the Victorian era. Cat Stevens sings about wanting to “be free, be free” in his award-winning soundtrack song for the quirky film Harold And Maude, about a teenager who has an affair with a 79-year-old woman. From the first talkie, theme songs in movies have found a treasured place in the popular consciousness, as these 50 best film songs prove. The whole Beatle thing was just beyond comprehension.”. He has admitted that the final version was his tenth attempt at creating a song about “agitated and grumpy” fictional character Gru falling in love. Randy Newman, the master of biting satire, has always been a fantastic soundtrack composer, and his glorious feel-good song for the Pixar movie Toy Story – sung with Lyle Lovett – became the theme tune for the series of films. Barry said, “It wasn’t the popular choice at the time, because we always used, you know, the Tom Joneses, the Nancy Sinatras. Today Atlus released a new trailer of the upcoming action-JRPG Persona 5 … Some of the recent references to the Ginyu Force's stylisti… Created in 2000, Auckland, NZ the Ginyu Force Touch Club is a growing force. “My daughter, Natalie,” he explained. ‘Happy’ does what it says on the tin: it is uplifting, catchy and perfect popcorn music. The hard work paid off. The song was subsequently nominated for an Oscar, and went on to win the Grammy for Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media at the 1992 awards ceremony. ‘Birth Of The Cool’: How Miles Davis Started A Jazz Revolution, Fania Records: How A New York Label Took Salsa To The World, Pride Of The Opry: Charley Pride Makes Musical And Cultural History. Four different duos have had Top 20 hits with different versions, including great bantering ones by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan, Ray Charles and Bette Carter, and Dolly Parton and Rod Stewart, in the latter’s tribute album to The Great American Songbook. ‘As Time Goes By’ was actually written by Herman Hupfeld for a short-lived 30s Broadway musical, Everybody’s Welcome, but took on a life of its own as one of Hollywood’s best film songs, becoming embedded in the popular musical psyche after it was sung by pianist Dooley Wilson in the Humphrey Bogart-Ingrid Bergman movie Casablanca. You should also have mentioned the version of Moon River by Jerry Butler. The song had actually been around for 15 years before that – having first appeared in a 1929 film – but songwriter Arthur Freed realised he could make money from his old lyrics, and, as a producer for MGM, he commissioned a musical around his song title. It is one of Stevens’ most underrated songs. Dead Gorgeous follows the comical adventures of three beautiful, strong-willed teenage sisters Rebecca, Sophie and Hazel Ainsworth who just happen to be ghosts! Everyone else turned it down.” There have been numerous cover versions, including by Neil Diamond, Beck and a reggae-style one by UB40. The music was intended to imitate soundtracks of 1960s Western films, such as Ennio Morricone's … This started as a dark Christmas song, but when Judy Garland complained that some of Hugh Martin’s lyrics were uncomfortably bleak, he altered them and “Have yourself a merry little Christmas/It may be your last/Next year we may all be living in the past” became “Have yourself a merry little Christmas/Let your heart be light/Next year all our troubles will be out of sight”. Required fields are marked *. Cliff Edwards, a middle-aged singer known as Ukulele Ike, voices the crow in Dumbo, but his voice is better known for singing the wonderfully sentimental ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ for the Disney classic Pinocchio. Wonder’s only UK No.1 hit, ‘I Just Called To Say I Love You’ topped the charts across the globe and picked up an Oscar for Best Original Song. The song has become one of Dylan’s most popular among fellow musicians – there have been hundreds of cover versions, including by Randy Crawford, Guns N’ Roses, Eric Clapton, Bryan Ferry, Paul Simon, Jerry Garcia, Tom Petty and Dolly Parton. Simon told him: “It’s about syllables, Mick. And it is missing from your list…. The 1927 Broadway drama Show Boat featured Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II’s song performed by actors, and, a year later, Paul Whiteman (with Bing Crosby on vocals) had a minor hit with it. Evans and composer Jay Livingston thought it would work as a single for Nat King Cole, and went to his home to persuade him to try it out. Sonny Curtis, Soundtrack: RoboCop. As well as Yello’s electro-pop classic ‘Oh Yeah’, which became a cult song after the film and was later even used in confectionery adverts, the film made judicious use of The Beatles’ recording of ‘Twist And Shout’, introducing a whole new generation to one of the group’s finest early outings on record. A fitting close to this list of the best film songs of all time, Pharrell Williams’ contribution to the animated comedy Despicable Me 2 became the most downloaded song of all time in 2014. As countless beer bottles aimed at the band shatter on impact with the chicken-wire fence protecting the stage, The Blues Brothers pacify the “redneck” audience with repeated versions of ‘Rawhide’. It was co-written by Don Black, a songwriter who had worked on lots of James Bond themes and was a frequent collaborator with John Barry, the soundtrack legend. (Music by Paul Robb and Michael Kotch) (Lyrics by Wendy Trilling) Walking down a darkened hallway. And I can remember songs that are much better than many of those selected. But Martin loved the song and it soon became one of his signature songs in concerts, and a quintessential 50s ballad. The song was written especially for the movie by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. In 2016, perhaps with no irony, it was used as the music to advertise a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Idle sang a live version for the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics. The story of a freed slave turned bounty hunter also features gorgeous landscape shots of the American South, and a soundtrack with the likes of Jim Croce, 2 Pac and more, reminding those who played Red Dead of the serene moments where great songs accompanied the most dramatic moments of the game. Country duo Brothers Osborne's "Dead Man's Curve" appears in the tenth episode of season 3. The song has also been covered numerous times down the years, including by jazz greats Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong on their 1956 album Ella And Louis. Sign up to the What to Watch newsletter for the best of ABC TV and iview, delivered straight to your inbox each week. Some songs are the perfect vehicle for a performer’s interpretation and improvisation, and certain numbers are remembered more for the singer than the writer. Despite its popularity and status as one of the best film songs in history, Day hated it, saying, “It’s a kiddie song.” But her manager-husband Marty Melcher disagreed and Day relented. Burt Bacharach and Hal David were working on the music for Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid – in which Paul Newman and Robert Redford play 1890s train robbers – when director George Roy Hill said he wanted something evocative of the Victorian era for a scene where Newman takes a romantic bike ride with Katherine Ross. But to work with this guy in the studio, he was the sweetest, humblest guy.”. Luckily, he went ahead and his version was at No.1 for eight weeks. Rarely does a song of really acidic comedy find such public acceptance. They ended up producing a million-selling hit for BJ Thomas, who had a cold and sang with a raspier voice than usual on the day of recording. Lyrics Japanese !,” this action-packed anthem contains absurd lyrics about how the Ginyu Force “shuts up whining kids” and how they “hate frogs, though [we] don’t know why.” Original Japanese. He fled to Florida (“Going where the weather suits my clothes”) to set up a marine project, and devoted the rest of his life to protecting dolphins. "Nadia's Theme" has become synonymous with daytime TV's No. Bob Dylan’s song was written for Sam Peckinpah’s western, in which the singer-songwriter starred alongside James Coburn and Kris Kristofferson. In the movie Neptune’s Daughter, the song – a jokey call-and-response number that Broadway songwriter Loesser used to sing at parties with his wife – was performed by Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalbán. It’s about how many beats there are.”. There have been numerous cover versions since, from artists as diverse as Eric Clapton, John Martyn and Ariana Grande. Related. Some of the best film songs – such as ‘Mona Lisa’, ‘Moon River’ and ‘Happy’ – have been written specifically for movies, while some tunes will forever be linked to a film because they sync so wonderfully with the drama (as in Titanic’s love scenes, playing out to Céline Dion singing ‘My Heart Will Go On’), or add vibrancy (The Lion King’s ‘Hakuna Matata’). One very funny scene involves the band pretending to be a country group called The Good Ole Boys, in order to play a gig at Bob’s Country Bunker in Kokomo. [ShittySubs-Shumoshuu] Sanjou!! Representing the stirring individual instrumental “songs” that have enriched movies – such as Ry Cooder’s ‘Paris, Texas’ or John Williams’ ‘Promontory’ from Last Of The Mohicans – is this cue from the soundtrack of the Burt Reynolds movie. The same old story, and fight for love and glory, has echoed down the decades since, in versions by Frank Sinatra, Julie London and even Bob Dylan. For a tune to really make its mark among the best film songs it sometimes has to find the right singer. As Robin Gibb said, “The subject matter of ‘Stayin’ Alive’ is actually quite a serious one. The Gunners got a boost from The Game. A famous line asks, “Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?”; Simon was once asked by his baseball hero, Mickey Mantle, why he had not been name-checked in the song. I liked how “Macho Man” got used in Frank Oz’s “In & Out”. Bing Crosby’s ‘White Christmas’ was on an album of songs from the film Holiday Inn, and the lyrics resonated with thousands of American troops away on duty in the Second World War. Looking for more? Among the numerous cover versions are those by Carpenters, Mel Tormé and, more recently, by Tony Hadley. Their song for Edwards became a jazz standard, covered by Dave Brubeck and Louis Armstrong, among others. The sense of desperation is palpable in lines such as “And now my life has changed in oh-so-many ways/My independence seems to vanish in the haze.” John Lennon told Rolling Stone magazine in 1970, “I meant it. An enduring entry among the best film songs of all time, ‘High Hopes’ was Grammy-nominated and also won an Oscar for best original song. Russian-Jewish émigré Irving Berlin wrote ‘Cheek To Cheek’ in a single day, on demand, for the Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers movie Top Hat. From the moment Al Jolson started warbling on screen in 1927, songs in movies have found a treasured place in the popular consciousness. Just a snippet but the song hadn’t been written yet and it came out months after the movie. Given the title ‘Duelling Banjos’, it was recorded for the unsettling Deliverance by Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandell, and went to No.2 for a month on the Billboard charts. Everybody turns to look at you. They almost failed because a small girl was playing happily and making so much noise that it was difficult for Cole to concentrate on the song. The title phrase in Swahili translates as “no worries”, and that’s a problem-free philosophy we could all do with. It’s all about the game, and how you play it! Composer John Barry personally visited a poorly Louis Armstrong to ask him to record ‘We Have All The Time In The World’, a new song for the James Bond film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. Paul Simon wrote ‘Mrs Robinson’ for The Graduate, starring Anne Bancroft as Mrs Robinson, a middle-aged woman who seduces the young Dustin Hoffman. The rest is history, as Gene Kelly’s magnificent song-and-dance version easily turned ‘Singin’ In The Rain’ into one of the world’s best film songs. ‘Take Care Of Your Homework’: Johnnie Taylor’s Sound, Soulful Advice, ‘Hustlin’’: Proof That Stanley Turrentine Was One Of Jazz’s Greats, ‘The Köln Concert’: How Keith Jarrett Defied The Odds To Record His Masterpiece, Neil Diamond: A Five-Decade Songwriting Celebration, ‘I Lie’: Loretta Lynn’s Top Ten Farewell Of 1982, Watch Ray Wylie Hubbard’s Tom Petty Tribute On ‘Austin City Limits’ Debut, Halsey Officially Cancels Remaining Dates Of ‘Manic’ World Tour, Watch Eminem Get In The Ring In New Video For ‘Higher’, The Roots Announce ‘Do You Want More?!!!?? But it was the Ukrainian trumpeter who first performed Ray Evans’s lyrics – which started with the title ‘Prima Donna’ – in the little-known 1950 film Captain Carey. Penned for the semi-autobiographical film 8 Mile, Eminem recalled that writing the soundtrack “was different from my usual work because it forced me to step into Rabbit, the character I play in the film, and write from his point of view”. Simon and Art Garfunkel’s harmonies are stunning, helping it become one of the best film songs of the decade – if not all time. You might like similar programs to this, shown below. THE Undoing's Nicole Kidman has left fans 'obsessed' with her hair after showcasing long red locks on screen. Audrey Hepburn’s singing voice was thin and limited in range, though always in tune, so Mancini took a month to compose exactly the right melody to suit the waif-like good-time girl. “One Day at a Time” on Pop TV will be less one minute of its catchy theme song. The Andrews Sisters’ song about the boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B survived World War II and was a hit again for Bette Midler in 1973. Weiss, who also wrote ‘Lullaby Of Birdland’ and ‘What A Wonderful World’, said, “The only person who initially liked the song was Presley himself, who had also created a movie song classic with ‘Jailhouse Rock’. Any such list that does not include “The Gael” from “The Last of The Mohicans” is a joke. Country singer Randy Parton, younger brother of Dolly Parton, dead at 67. The song lights up a memorable scene during which a tuxedoed Astaire declares his love for Rogers (dancing elegantly in a feathery white gown). Sergei Vasilyevich Rakhmaninov, IPA: [sʲɪrˈɡʲej vɐˈsʲilʲjɪvʲɪt͡ɕ rɐxˈmanʲɪnəf]; 1 April [O.S. Dead Gorgeous follows the comical adventures of three beautiful, strong-willed teenage sisters Rebecca, Sophie and Hazel Ainsworth who just happen to be ghosts! The teen comedy starring Matthew Broderick was memorable for its use of music. Go to website; This program is not currently available in iview. Written By Wendy Trilling. A recent version by Gregory Porter is featured on the Verve album Jazz Loves Disney. When Robbie Williams covered the song on his Swings Both Ways Tour in 2014, he performed it around the country with different choirs from the local Stagecoach acting schools. The beautiful lyrics – “Blue moon/You saw me standing alone/Without a dream in my heart/Without a love of my own” – have been sung down the years by most of the greatest singers of popular music, including Elvis Presley, Mel Tormé, Dean Martin and Ella Fitzgerald. There were some new songs for the cinema version of the Rodgers and Hammerstein Broadway musical, but once Julie Andrews got hold of them, many became popular classics beyond their placing among the best film songs ever, including ‘My Favourite Things’ and ‘Do-Re-Mi’. From the first talkie, theme songs in movies have found a treasured place in the popular consciousness, as these 50 best film songs prove. The stunning star's barnet captured the hearts of … Session bassist Carol Kaye said it took 33 takes to get ‘The Way We Were’ exactly as the producers wanted. The 1950s marked the birth of rock’n’roll. You're drop-dead gorgeous (drop-dead gorgeous) High school gives me the creeps But when I'm with my peeps ... "Fright Song" Track Info. Credit Y&R fan Jimmy Jam, who produced and wrote "Drama" with his partner, Terry Lewis. ‘Que Será, Será’ was sung by Doris Day in the Alfred Hitchcock thriller The Man Who Knew Too Much. On Dec. 1, Y&R hits an impressive milestone: its 12,000th episode. The SF-set NBC show 'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' revived it. Ritchie Valens’ traditional Mexican wedding song – a B-side to his first hit, ‘Donna’ – was revived for the biopic about the young singer who died, aged 17, in the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly. You're drop dead gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous. But when it was sung in the 1936 film version by Paul Robeson, his moving baritone voice – and edgier interpretation – took the song to a new level. There was a famous version by Frank Sinatra, while the one Ringo Starr cut for his album Sentimental Journey was arranged by Quincy Jones. No Schifrin or Morricone!!!!!! The Righteous Brothers’ gorgeous love song was certainly well known by the time it appeared in Ghost. The iconic theme song for the 1984 movie was written and performed by Detroit musician Ray Parker Jr, and has remained his biggest hit. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 2 The Revenant (2015) But there is no more exuberant version than the one delivered by the self-proclaimed Blues Brothers (Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi) in the John Landis comedy. Hi, it’s the Babs police, just saying, that first verse is the contemplative revelation, “Memories LIGHT the corners of my mind, misty watercolor memories, of the way we were.”. ... Yellowstone just wouldn't be the same without Brian Tyler's gorgeous, sweeping theme song. Stop almost anyone in the street and ask, “Who you gonna call?” and they will almost certainly answer “Ghostbusters”. And some movie songs are just instantly engaging, such as Ray Parker Jr’s Ghostbusters theme song. A coming-of-age drama that transcends its era and speaks to all generations, The Breakfast Club’s emotional closing scene, in which five high-school students leave their Saturday detention, having asserted their individuality – and found out about their own true character – remains an iconic piece of high-school cinema. Céline Dion’s power ballad, one of the biggest-selling singles of all time, won a raft of awards and is now almost as synonymous with the doomed ship as the iceberg it crashed into. A sinister style, mystery with a smile. Folk singer Neil, whose work inspired Bob Dylan, was uneasy at the publicity after Harry Nilsson turned ‘Everybody’s Talkin’’ into a worldwide hit in 1970, following its use as the theme tune for the movie Midnight Cowboy. Also an honorable mention should be ELO’s Mr. Blue Sky from the opening scene of the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie – best opening ever. The lyrical trick worked, and the song, from the classic Christmas movie Meet Me In St Louis’, has become a standard. Elvis Presley’s million-selling hit was written for his movie set in Hawaii. Mrs. Robinson isn’t even in The Graduate. It is quite a feat.”. It's not because you're different. Listen to Dead Gorgeous theme song and find more theme music and songs from 32,913 different television shows at TelevisionTunes.com But when it was used as the music to accompany the emotionally-charged scene where Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze get steamy behind a potting wheel, it gained a whole new lease of life as a romantic blockbuster. Discover the 50 best film scores of all time. Andy Williams had a hit with the song, which was also covered by Julie London and Wes Montgomery. To mark the occasion, fan-favorite Beth Maitland (who's played Traci Abbott on the sudser since 1982) will perform all-new lyrics for the theme song. Your email address will not be published. Bee Gees’ disco anthem ‘Stayin’ Alive’ – a song about the art of endurance – burrowed into the wider world’s consciousness. ‘My Heart Will Go On’ is the romantic ballad that plays as Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet embrace at the front of the ill-fated Titanic. If you're anything like us, you try to sing along every time the gorgeous Outlander theme plays. Watch all your favourite ABC programs on ABC iview. !’ 25th Anniversary Deluxe Vinyl Release, The Kinks Announce Exclusive Livestream Event, ‘The Moneygoround’, Discover the 50 best film scores of all time. When you think of the song ‘Mona Lisa’, 40s jazz bandleader Charlie Spivak is probably not the first singer’s name that comes to mind. and Morrissey. Where is “Into the West” by Annie Lennox from the third part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Your email address will not be published. An exception to the new trend, a blend of the old and new, is the NBC musical comedy-drama “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist,” which returned for season two on Jan. 5. 20 March] 1873 – 28 … This is a short reel with selected scenes from the episode. Another Bond theme that takes its place alongside the best film songs of all time, ‘Live And Let Die’ shares the unusual distinction of having been nominated for a Grammy under two different performers. The song has appeared in numerous TV shows, including The Simpsons, and notable cover versions include one by Alison Krauss. And I said, ‘Look, it’s about a man singing about the September of his years.’ And I thought Louis singing just rung true and [producer Albert “Cubby” Broccoli] loved the idea, there were no arguments. Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff (English: / r ɑː x ˈ m ɑː n ə ˌ n ɔː f,-ˌ n ɒ f, r ɑː k-/ rahkh-MAH-nə-nawf, -⁠nof, rahk-; Russian: Серге́й Васи́льевич Рахма́нинов, tr. Thankfully, it was left in and ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’ earned its place among history’s best film songs when it won an Academy Award for Best Original Song. Here, then, is our pick of the 50 best film songs of all time…. While you’re reading, check out our Movie Music playlist here. It’s about survival in the streets of New York, and the lyrics actually say that.”. The song did not come easily to Williams, though. Some of the best film songs continue to pervade popular culture well after their original appearance. The phrase “days of wine and roses” was taken from a 19th-century English poem. When a studio executive tried to have the song cut, Hepburn said, “Over my dead body.” Lots of jazz greats have covered it, but other interesting versions include those by Aretha Franklin, Patty Griffin, Elton John, R.E.M. Nothing from a Tarrantino movie. He just happened to overhear it at Graceland as his entourage was sampling a pile of demo tapes for the movie. Persona 5 Scramble for PS4 and Nintendo Switch Reveals Gorgeous Opening Cutscene and New Theme Song. It's no wonder the game is a timeless classic, and in these strange times, it's a story that might fit the bill for anyone yearning for adventure. Madonna also covered ‘Don’t Cry for Me Argentina’ for the film. Lulu, who starred in the film, had a surprise No.1 US hit with the title song. Posted on January 19, 2021 by January 19, 2021 by It's just because you're so scary cool. Disappointed. The song, written by Sammy Cahn for a movie starring William Holden, was originally performed by The Four Aces but has become a recurring number in Hollywood, with versions in movies such as Grease, Private Parts and Nutty Professor II: The Klumps. The sheer quality of the music in Disney’s The Lion King was demonstrated in the fact that three of its songs were nominated for an Oscar, with ‘Hakuna Matata’ and ‘Circle Of Life’ losing out to ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’. The co-writer of the song, George Weiss, said that when he played a demo of the song to producer Hal Wallis, the latter turned it down saying they wanted “something like ‘Hound Dog’”. Patty, Maxene and Laverne Andrews based their early style on the close harmonising of The Boswell Sisters, and the public loved it. The classic love song was also featured in a tribute album called Blue Moon: Rodgers And Hart Covered By The Supremes. The song was almost cut from the film, though, because MGM thought the opening Kansas sequence was too long. Among the cover versions are those by Stevie Wonder, Glen Campbell and Iggy Pop – and Star Trek’s Leonard Nimoy. Madonna put real emotion – and handled the tricky soprano chords – as she triumphed with one of the 17 demanding songs in Evita, the musical-turned-film story of the life of the First Lady Of Argentina, Eva Perón. Plenty of Beatles songs merit inclusion in this list of the best film songs of all time – including ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ – but the nod goes to ‘Help!’, which was written as the title track to the group’s second movie – a madcap comedy originally mooted for Peter Sellers. When you think of the song ‘Singin’ In The Rain’, you probably don’t think of Oliver Hardy being drenched by a faulty shower nozzle as the tune plays. It made stars of the young actors nicknamed The Brat Pack and ensured that Simple Minds’ single went down in history as a generation-defining slice of synth-pop. That was in the 1944 movie The Big Noise. Dolly Parton’s anthem for the worker, written for the comedy she starred in alongside Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, won the country singer multiple awards. ‘That’s Amore’, written by Harry Warren and Jack Brooks, started out as a light-hearted interlude for Dean Martin (poking fun at Italian stereotypes) in the Jerry Lewis comedy The Caddy. By Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk. DEAD GORGEOUS - Season 1 - Episode 2: 'DYING TO BELONG' The sisters adapt to life as 'living ghosts' & try to win favour with Christine and her cool gang. If you mention ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’, people are more likely to think of Judy Garland’s soaring version for the 1939 film The Wizard Of Oz than the gorgeous work of composers Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg. The determined and upbeat number took on a life of its own after the release of the film, and the line “I ain’t afraid of no ghosts” has appeared in numerous pop-culture references. Your information is handled in accordance with the. The former had been responsible for the Pink Panther theme, the latter had provided the words for dozens of films, including ‘Hooray For Hollywood’. Most of the songs are not original film songs. ‘Duelling Banjos’ was composed in 1955 by Arthur Smith, as a banjo instrumental he called ‘Feudin’ Banjos’, and later covered by bluegrass band The Dillards as ‘Briscoe Declares For Aunt Bee’. Eric Idle’s ‘Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life’, a gallows-humour song sung cheerily by a man waiting to be crucified, has become a singalong anthem at sports events round the globe. Yet it is a song with a serious message. WSB Channel 2 Atlanta. From big band tracks to jazz standards, until midway through the 20th century, music was a resolutely parent-friendly zone. The glorious harmonies (especially in the “Ah, ha-ha-ha” chorus) and Barry Gibb’s falsettos make this one of the catchiest of all movie songs. Evans usually wrote most of the lyrics, while Livingston wrote the tunes, but Evans gave his partner the credit for ‘Que Será, Será’, probably their most enduring hit. With hip-hop firmly in the mainstream at the start of the new millennium, Eminem delivered a sure-fire entry among the best film songs of all time in the shape of the Oscar-winning ‘Lose Yourself’. Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer were prolific as film songwriting partners, and they contributed the title song to Blake Edwards’ film starring Jack Lemmon. She had no idea that the song would become the biggest hit of her career. Another song that made it into the movies only by chance, but which rightly deserves its place among the best film songs of all time, ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ replaced Frank Loesser’s ‘Slow Boat To China’ and became a smash hit, winning an Oscar for Best Original Song. It was one of a number of film themes produced by his old Beatles pal George Martin. This program is not currently available in iview.