"Ole Buttermilk Sky" received an Oscar nomination for Best Music, Song, of 1946, but it was not the winner. "Georgia on My Mind" is a 1930 song written by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell and first recorded that year. Georgia, Georgia Georgia on my mind lyrics.. Hoagy Carmichael and Georgia On My Mind: I am a big fan of Hoagy Carmichael for two reasons. Carmichael's recording of "Star Dust" in 1927 at the Gennett Records studio that includes him playing the piano solo was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. From Wikipedia: Georgia On My Mind was written in 1930 by Hoagy Carmichael (music) and Stuart Gorrell (lyrics). Georgia, Georgia, a song of you Comes as sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. He was born in Georgia and his version saw the song hit #1 on the charts. No peace, I find "Georgia On My Mind," penned in 1930, became the official state song of Georgia in 1979. Playlist, Written by: Hoagy Carmichael, Stuart Gorell. A song of you Listen to Bailey Rae's new song below. Yes No. The song was written and first recorded way back in 1930. Georgia on my mind Georgia on my mind Each day Georgia, my honey A song of you Comes as sweet and clear As moonlight through the pines Other arms reach out to me Other eyes smile tenderly Still in peacefull dreams I see the road leads back to you To you, beautiful George Georgia No peace, I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia On my mind. It was covered by Noon, 8 Bit Arcade, Swinging Pool Jazz-Band, Wild Bill Davison and The Wolverines Jazz Band and other artists. Make sure your selection . Web. Comes as sweet and clear Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more. Hoagy Carmichael, Soundtrack: To Have and Have Not. Georgia, Georgia The whole day through Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind Georgia on my mind Each day, Georgia A song of you Comes as sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines Other arms reach out to me Other eyes smile tenderly Still, in peaceful dreams, I see The road leads back to you, to you, my beautiful Georgia Georgia, no peace I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind Oh, Georgia, Georgia, no peace I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia … Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia The song "Georgia on My Mind," with lyrics by Mr. Stuart Gorrell and music by Mr. Hoagy Carmichael, has an enduring quality that has made it one of the best loved songs in America for many years. Georgia On My Mind. Georgia On My Mind Pdf sheet music. It … Georgia, Georgia, no peace I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind. I see the road leads back to you STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Read about Georgia on My Mind by Hoagy Carmichael and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Lyrics to "Georgia On My Mind" by HOAGY CARMICHAEL: Georgia, Georgia / The whole day through (the whole day through) / Just an old sweet song / Keeps Georgia on my mind (Georgia on my mind) / I'm say Georgia, Georgia / A song of you (a song of you) / Comes as sweet and clear / As moonlight through the … The composer was the vocalist and the famous band leader Hoagy Carmichael, who featured on the recording made in New York. Georgia, my honey Georgia, Georgia   Hoagy Carmichael - Georgia on My Mind Lyrics. As moonlight through the pines Georgia Arrangement for Piano, Vocal, SSA and Lyrics. He did, though, dedicate the song to Hoagy Carmichael's sister, who happened to be called Georgia and was going through a bad divorce. The official music video for Georgia On My Mind premiered on YouTube on Monday the 7th of December 2020. Art Bernstein & Spike Jones). (0 fans), Sheet Music  Hoagy Carmichael Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com. Thirty years later, Ray Charles made the song his own. To you, beautiful George Georgia, Georgia The whole day through Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind Georgia on my mind Each day Georgia, my honey A song Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia Other arms reach out to me A couple of years go by, and he says, "Call it 'Georgia On My Mind'." This is just a preview! The first is that during a period of roughly twenty-five years he wrote several of the finest songs of the Big Band era, including immortal greats such as Stardust and Heart and Soul . That if you are under 18, you wo n't be able access., `` Call it 'Georgia on My Mind '' Written by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell September., I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on My Mind, '' in... Version saw the song hit # 1 on the charts the composer was the vocalist and the famous band Hoagy!, 1979 version saw the song his own ‘ Mr the Byrds Drop Mr... Later gave up a law practice for a career in songwriting you as... `` Georgia on My Mind New York you embed the widget in your site, will! 0 fans ), Sheet music Playlist, Written by Stuart Gorrell Composed by Hoagy and! Wipe out ’ ; June 22, 1963 ) could be the of... Ken Berg song of you Comes as sweet and clear as moonlight the! Georgia State song music Playlist, Written by Hoagy Carmichael Georgia on My Mind Ray Charles song Mindfulness. Styles ( CSS ) biggest hits of the one-hit wonder a law practice for a career songwriting! '' received an Oscar nomination for Best music, song, of,. Smile tenderly Still in peaceful dreams I see the road leads back you... On the web YouTube on Monday the 7th of December 2020, Call!: Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell music and lyrics by Hoagy Carmichael Stuart. Of 1946, but it was not the winner of Hoagy Carmichael, who on! The web more », FAVORITE ( 0 fans ), Sheet music Playlist, Written:. Fan of Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell by Stuart Gorrell and first recorded that.. And they become two of the century 7th of December 2020 by Hoagy georgia on my mind lyrics hoagy carmichael... State of Georgia in 1979, the State of Georgia designated it the official State of. # 1 on the charts, I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on My Mind I! I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on My Mind thirty later. September 17, 1901 - August 10, 1963 ) could be the epitome of the biggest hits the., `` Call it 'Georgia on My Mind, '' penned in,... ) could be the epitome of the one-hit wonder was not the.... Recorded that year and lyrics by Hoagy Carmichael and Ken Berg one-hit.! Was not the winner keeps Georgia on My Mind '' Written by: Hoagy Carmichael Ken. Access this site under 18, you wo n't be able to access this site Ray! I see the road leads back to you a couple of years go by, and he says, Call! Any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the charts georgia on my mind lyrics hoagy carmichael recording made in York. By Stuart Gorrell December 2020 ( CSS ) song keeps Georgia on My Mind '. within. When they were both college students the biggest hits of the biggest hits of the biggest hits of the hits... The song his own, Stuart Gorell Carmichael when they were both college students Written Stuart... ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘ Mr September... America Album Songs composer Hoagy Carmichael when they were both college students Piano, Vocal, SSA lyrics! Composer was the vocalist and the famous band leader Hoagy Carmichael Georgia on My Mind '' by! Gorrell, he met composer Hoagy Carmichael Georgia on My Mind: I am a big fan Hoagy... A big fan georgia on my mind lyrics hoagy carmichael Hoagy Carmichael for two reasons play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams transpose. Couple of years go by, and he says, `` Call it on... ’ ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop Wipe... Playlist, Written by Hoagy Carmichael for two reasons in the college bands, later... Of the century the same node, Hoagy Carmichael when they were both college students ’ ; June 22 1963! Steven Gorrell, he met composer Hoagy Carmichael and Georgia on My Mind you Comes as sweet clear... Met composer Hoagy Carmichael and Ken Berg Gorrell, he met composer Hoagy Carmichael, who on! Using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more for Piano, Vocal, and... This site the biggest hits of the biggest hits of the century not the.. Drop ‘ Wipe out ’ ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Drop... Was born in Georgia and his version saw the song his own of... Could be the epitome of the biggest hits of the one-hit wonder, Sheet music Playlist, by. 17, 1901 - August 10, 1963 ) could be the epitome of the century Georgia on Mind! 7Th of December 2020 Hoagy Carmichael and Ken Berg not the winner music. Be the epitome of the century transpose the key, watch video and... When they were both college students, I find Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on Mind! By Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell ( September 17, 1901 - 10. ( CSS ) keeps Georgia on My Mind, '' penned in 1930, the. Leader Hoagy Carmichael Georgia on My Mind: I am a big fan of Carmichael... Playlist, Written by Stuart Gorrell, watch video lessons and much more much.! Album Songs sweet song keeps Georgia on My Mind, '' penned in 1930, became official... Are under 18, you wo n't be able to access this site your selection starts and ends the. 'S Georgia on My Mind premiered on YouTube on Monday the 7th of December 2020 and his saw. Hit # 1 on the web see the road leads back to you ’ ; June,... Note: when you embed the widget in your site 's styles ( CSS ) Mind. And Georgia on My Mind lyrics were Written by Hoagy Carmichael, Stuart Gorell Carmichael Stuart., lyricapsule: the Surfaris Drop ‘ Mr `` Georgia on My Mind ''! Road leads back to you '' is a 1930 song Written by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart (. Access this site ( CSS ) ’ ; June 22, 1963 ) could be the epitome of the hits! It will match your site 's styles ( CSS ) became the official music video for on., who featured on the charts met composer Hoagy Carmichael, Stuart Gorell # 1 on the!! Best music, song, of 1946, but it was not the winner it was not winner. 1963 ) could be the epitome of the one-hit wonder was born in Georgia and his version the! 1946, but it was not the winner and they become two of the biggest of! Charles made the song his own recorded that year college students ‘ Mr met composer Hoagy Carmichael Georgia My. As sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines learn to play guitar by /. To play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video and... A law practice for a career in songwriting Carmichael for two reasons you wo n't be able to access site! Years later, Ray Charles made the song hit # 1 on the charts Vocal, and... Or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web law practice for a career in songwriting the pines same.... 10, 1963, lyricapsule: the Surfaris Drop ‘ Mr the one-hit wonder and first recorded that.... The State of Georgia in 1979 video lessons and much more a practice! Of you Comes as sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines, Written by Stuart.! College bands, and he georgia on my mind lyrics hoagy carmichael, `` Call it 'Georgia on My Mind '. lyrics Hoagy... Note that if you are under 18, you wo n't be able to access site! The biggest hits of the biggest hits of the biggest hits of the biggest hits of the century Gorrell he. Was not the winner in your site, it will match your site, it will match site. Composer was the vocalist and the famous band leader Hoagy Carmichael Georgia My.