Make sure your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry. Finally, if none of the above solutions works (including contacting your bank or card issuer), then resetting your device might fix the Apple Pay problem. Apple Pay is safer than using a plastic credit, debit, or prepaid card. You can take a look at the Apple System Status website to see if there are any problems with the Apple Pay service. If Apple Pay is up and running according to that page, you can move on to the other tips here. Using Apple Pay with your iPhone or Apple Watch is quick and secure. This should hopefully fix the issue. Best way to test this is of course to take your iPhone out of any case that you may have for it, and test out Apple Pay then. If it was a quicker fix, make sure to keep it in mind or even write it down for future reference. Apple iPhone apps also work with Apple Pay, meaning you will be able to select Apple Pay at checkout when ordering anything from an app. Part 2. To do this, open Settings on your phone, then go to Wallet & Apple Pay. Apple Pay is a very handy way to settle up at the checkout of your favourite shops and restaurants, but it's not so much fun if you can't get it to work. If you managed to see any of Apple’s live product announcement on Tuesday, you may have noticed that the company introduced a major innovation in how Americans pay for things. To pay in-store you simply hold your phone up to a supported payment … Well, in this case, removing it and adding it again will fix the problem. Person to person payments and Apple Cash are available only in the U.S. on iPhone SE, iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 or later, iPad mini 3 or later, and Apple Watch. Apple Footer. Not all iPhone and Apple Watch models are … Wondering if this a strategy by Apple to make people upgrade from iphone 6 to higher versions. If it works that way but not when in the case, then you may need to look into getting a new phone case. If it is working, you will see a green dot before Apple Pay. Yeah! Restart your iPhone in iOS 11. This will ensure that you do not face issues with Apple Pay in the near future. In-fact Apple removed all mention of NFC from the iPhone 6 and 6+ tech-specs, instead focusing on Apple Pay throughout their messaging. iPhone 7 Plus. It’s a safer way to pay that helps you avoid touching buttons or exchanging cash. This only applies to iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6 S, 6 S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and SE models with support for Apple Pay. But before you reset, please know that all your data, including Wi-Fi passwords and settings, will be lost. We’ve put together some tips for finding stores that support Apple Pay in your area. Older iPhone models with the Wallet app will have to use Siri to bring up passes on the lock screen. Apple Pay is not available in all markets. Try Using a Different Reader. If you are using Apple Pay on an iPhone that has Face ID, make sure that you have set up Face ID properly. A specific beep and vibration will occur to indicate payment is complete. In China mainland, you can use Apple Pay on the web in Safari only on a compatible iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. If you have a card that consistently has issues with Apple Pay, you might want to try removing it and re-adding it to Apple Pay. Go to Settings → General → Reset. I've tried to use Apple Pay two times while jailbroken. So make sure you are signed in to iCloud. Andrew, You asked at an interesting time. In reality, a lot of various stats and bits and pieces of data are reset inside your phone when you restart it. So, if you have tried the above methods and still unable to pay via Apple Pay, then simply ask the store for a different reader. In 2016, Apple started a free … It makes credit and debit card purchases easier and more secure. © 2021 Uqnic Network Pte Ltd. All rights reserved. Go back to Settings → Wallet & Apple Pay. Graham @gmbeee. When iPhone 6 was new ApplePay worked fine. The solutions below are assuming you are in a country where Apple Pay is available and also inside a store that accepts Apple Pay. I had my bank card working, got a replacement for that bank card deleted it and reuploaded the new one but it never works, Ive tried everything. Some iPhone 6 owners have discovered a strange bug related to using Apple Pay after a phone restore, as detailed in a new forum thread on Apple's Support Communities website. 3. If multiple terminals are available, try them out. If you are using Apple Pay on an iPhone that has Touch ID, then make sure that PIN and fingerprint are set up correctly. Next, agree to terms and conditions and finally, verify your card details with your bank to finish the whole procedure. Apple Pay is an easy, quick, and secure way to pay. After 6 months it would work intermittently, then about a year from purchase stopped working entirely. I never had problems before on an iPhone 6S and IPhone 7. Apple Pay can be used in stores, online in Safari and within apps. I just purchased the iPhone 6s and went to set up my Apple Pay and I was prompted to enter in a verification code; however, after I received the e-mail with the code, I realized that my Apple Pay is zoomed in too much thereby not allowing me to navigate the application and enter in the code. If you are wondering why AirPlay is not working, you should know that there are several reasons for this. Apple Pay Not Working On Your iPhone? Apple Pay can be used in stores, online in Safari and within apps. Restarting your iPhone fixes a lot of temporary issues. In every software update, new features are added or bugs are fixed. Please also mention in the comments if you know of any other solution. Kris Wouk is a writer, musician, and whatever it's called when someone makes videos for the web. Right now nobody is clarifying why 6s do not support UPI transactions. It could be a really bad and embarrassing experience for you to find out that Apple Pay isn’t working is when you’re at the checkout and especially if you’re the first in a long line of … They worked with it for about 2 hours and finally said it was a hardware problem-wanted $180 to fix. In the Netherlands, you can use Apple Pay on the web only on a compatible iPhone or iPad. By now most iPhone owners are familiar with Apple Pay. Permalink; History; Subscribe; Unsubscribe; Apple Pay NFC Contactless Not Working. ** iPhone 12 mini pricing is before the application of a trade-in credit. With your Apple Cash, credit, and debit cards stored in the Wallet app on iPhone, you can use Apple Pay for secure, contactless payments in stores, restaurants, and more. There are several ways to fix Touch ID not working on iPhone and iPad issue, we can't pinpoint which one is effective as the different device shows different behavior. 1126 Questions View all . It’s possible that one of these was affecting Apple Pay, so a restart should fix that. Ask the Store for Different Reader. I replaced my screen on an iPhone 7 and afterwards apple pay would not work (I got no response from the phone when I held it up to a contactless payment terminal). Trade‑in values may vary based on the condition and model of your trade‑in device and may also vary between online and in‑store trade‑in. Go to Wallet App on your iPhone. The simplest is just to restart your phone. Sometimes you may not be able to connect your iPhone to CarPlay. I asks me to hold the phone near the terminal but doesn't connect. Et c’est un moyen de paiement qui vous évite d’avoir à toucher des boutons ou à manipuler des espèces. It used to work but all of a sudden not. To check this, visit the official Apple System Status page and see if Apple Pay is working or not. It is always advisable to restart your iPhone once a week or so. You can use Apple Pay wherever you see one of these symbols: In Japan, contactless readers may also display the following symbols: Ask Siri. To do this: Step #1. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red. If you find that simply holding your phone up to the terminal doesn’t work, try selecting a card manually. Apple Pay is a very handy way to settle up at the checkout of your favourite shops and restaurants, but it's not so much fun if you can't get it to work. Change Card Within Apple Pay Cash Re-add or change your card in Apple Pay Cash by following the steps below. Even if it does, you may run into trouble at certain terminals. Has anyone had Apple Pay stop working at NFC devices like those at supermarkets and drugstores? In rare instances, it might happen that the web services Apple Pay uses in the background might not be working. Apple Pay est le service de paiement d'Apple qui s'utilise aussi bien sur un iPhone que sur une Apple Watch ou directement dans le navigateur d'un Mac. Anyone or combination of a few of the solutions above might fix the problem you are having with Apple Pay. The number of outlets that now let you use the NFC technology in your iPhone to pay for goods is increasing, and it’s arguably the fastest and most secure way to make your transactions (alongside wireless chip cards). If the previous steps didn't help, you see "Failed—unable to complete Touch ID setup", or either of the following happen when you go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider , or contact Apple Support : If this is the case, you may just need to wait a few minutes until it’s back up. If Apple Pay isn’t working, you may assume that something is going wrong on your iPhone or iPad, but that isn’t always the case. Hold your iPhone near the payment reader. If you’re trying to use Apple Pay at a store, we’re assuming … Every transaction on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac requires you to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.Your Apple Watch is protected by the passcode that only you know, and your passcode is required every time you put on your Apple Watch or when you pay using Apple Pay. See where you can use Apple Pay. Sign in again. Découvrez comment faire un achat sans contact en magasin avec Touch ID. If the store has multiple payment terminals, try paying at various of them. The phone does not respond to the POS when using Apple Pay. I have assembled an iPhone 6 and it seems that everything goes fine except the NFC. Today, we mainly focus on how to fix iOS 11 Touch ID not working, try the effective tips one by one. Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot Apple Pay. Follow the prompts on the Touch Bar and place your finger on Touch ID. If you’re using a Mac, click the “Apple menu -> System Preferences -> iCloud -> Sign Out”. 2 . Payer avec Apple Pay sur votre iPhone ou votre Apple Watch est aussi simple que rapide. The rubber heavy-duty shockproof cases that encase your entire phone can sometimes be too thick for the NFC to work, or cases that have metal or magnetic elements to them (such as those that attach to in-car mounts). Some stores may have additional requirements. In the Netherlands, you can use Apple Pay on the web only on a compatible iPhone or iPad. https://www.igeeksblog.com/author/iosblogger/. But everything else is, flight-tickets, concerts etc. How add a card to Apple Pay; How to authorize a card for Apple Pay By this, your transaction should complete if the blockage has been noticed at this location. While it’s been reported to work when using Apple Pay with a Mac, it’s also worth trying if Apple Pay on your phone doesn’t work in shops or other scenarios. 1 If you're under 18 years old, your family organizer must set up Apple Cash for you as part of Apple Cash Family. At times it happens that the reader at the store you are trying to pay may be at fault. To reset your device, follow the steps below. To do this, go into the Wallet app, then select the card you want to use. How to Fix Apple Pay Cash not Working. I can't remember if it ever worked on that device or not. I think there might be poor connection between the logic board and NFC antenna. When Apple releases iOS 13, it will not be compatible with the iPhone 6, which will no doubt leave some owners asking how long they can keep using the iPhone 6 at all. You've decided to leave a comment. Not all iPhone and Apple Watch models are compatible … Then my screen broke and they gave me a new 7. Options. Adding a debit or credit card to Apple Pay on your iPhone is simple. In China mainland, you can only use Apple Pay on the web in Safari on a compatible iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. I was suggested to reset and restore my iPhone to see if that works, but I'm not hopeful. It could simply be that the web service that Apple Pay uses on the back end is currently down. In China mainland, you can use Apple Pay on the web in Safari only on a compatible iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. If it does not, and your card is still in “Activating” state for more than 15 hours, you will have to call your bank or the card issuer to fix or speed up the process. Apple Pay is growing as a convenience of the modern world. To set up Apple Pay On iPhone 8 go to Wallet app, tap on ‘Add Credit or Debit Card’ option, then tap on Next button, scan your credit or debit card or put in the code information about your card. Whenever you add a new card to your Apple Pay, there is a handshake between your bank or the card issuer and Apple Pay to authorize the card. If there is no issue, follow these steps to make sure you can add a card to Wallet: See if you're in a country or region that supports Apple Pay. But this, of course, is when it works seamlessly as intended. How to fix iOS 11 Touch ID not working on iPhone and iPad. Go to the Settings app and tap on Wallet & Apple Pay. By Nancy C. Muir . Then, you can send and receive money with Apple Pay. Sometimes, your iPhone may not be detected by CarPlay. Few people have successfully been able to fix Apple Pay using this method. That's fantastic! For this, a common fix is selecting your card manually. If you can't add a card to Wallet to use with Apple Pay, check Apple Pay on the System Status page. Called a mobile wallet, this service uses the Touch ID feature in your iPhone’s Home button to identify you and any credit cards you’ve stored at the iTunes Store to make payments via a feature called Wallet. If this is the case, you might want to check to see if the store has another terminal. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Launch to Settings App and tap on General → Software Update on iPhone. If you’re an iPhone/iPad user and have updated to iOS 11.2 but the Apple Pay Cash feature is unavailable, do not be alarmed cause it will take a bit of time before the company rolls it out to everyone. Find places that accept Apple Pay. For Apple Pay to work, you must be signed in to iCloud on your device. To fix this, just follow the steps above (solution #6) to remove the card and add it again. Affiliate Disclosure: Make Tech Easier may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers. During his tight schedule, Jignesh finds some moments of respite to share side-splitting contents on social media. Open your Wallet App > Select the card > Hold your iPhone near NFC reader > use TouchID when asked.. To check whether this is the case, visit the Apple System Status page. Still not working? There are many potential reasons for why this happens, and we’re here to take you through some of the most common (and less common) fixes for Apple pay not working. Why AirPlay is Not Working on TV . If the card's issuer does support Apple Pay and the card still does not work, you should restart the device and try again, ensuring that the device is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular. While this step will take some time and not help you if you are standing in store waiting for Apple Pay to work. How to Unlock Your iPhone If You Forgot Your Passcode, 16 of the Best Siri Shortcuts for iOS Power Users, How to Turn Off Your iCloud Music Library, How to Unlock “Back Tap” Actions on Your iPhone, Find Out What Is Taking Up Your iCloud Storage Space, How to Set a Music Sleep Timer on Your iPhone, How to Do a Reverse Image Search on iPhone and iPad. But this is definitely worth a try. Do you have a card that has given you issues more than a few times? iPhone 7 NFC(Apple Pay) not working after battery replacement I recently changed my iPhone 7 battery with ifixit replacement battery that is being sold in the store, and NFC (Apple Pay) doesn’t work on any terminal ever since the replacement. The solution is simply to sign out and back into your Apple account. Apple Pay payments do not require a physical connection. But as we know, none of the previous iPhone models have implemented NFC technology. But when I tried yet another screen I noticed something in the repair process. No interaction with the iPhone 6 display is required. If you see a fault with Apple Pay, then you’ll have to use a different payment method in the meantime. Step #4. Sometimes, Apple Pay doesn’t quite work as expected. I have a brand new iPhone, tried all the above and nothing worked it just doesn’t read the card and does nothing, yes I know how to use Apple Pay and adding cards etc as I used it on my previous iPhone 7 without incident. Step #3. If none of the above options work for you, or if you are not using it at a store and are using it to buy something online, there are a few other steps you can try. Apple Pay uses NFC technology built into the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, to authenticate payments. Apple Pay is a safer way to pay and is even simpler than using your physical card. You must be a resident of the United States to send and receive money with Apple Pay, using Apple Cash. But Apple Pay isn’t perfect, and sometimes it can stop working. Apple pay is not fully broken, but works unreliably. And remember the terminal which works for you. There may be rare instances when Apple Pay just stops working on your iPhone running iOS 14 or later. Thread reply - more options. Now that Apple Pay is working properly, it’s time to put it to use. At times it happens that the reader at the store you are … Since cellular and WiFi signal works perfectly, the antenna on the back has no problem. Step #2. All you have to do is set it up and start using it! Since l tightened the screws it has worked flawlessly dozens of times at many different retail stores until yesterday. Apple agrees to pay a £21m fine in France for not making it clear that it slowed down old iPhones. Select Add Credit or Debit Card and follow the prompts to add your card. Follow the simple on-screen instructions and try paying by Apple Pay again. Now select the card you wish to remove and tap Remove Card. In This Short Video You Will Learn How to Fix Apple Pay Not Working on iPhone And How To Fix No Menu For Apple Pay. Jignesh Padhiyar is the co-founder of iGeeksBlog.com who has a keen eye for news, rumors and all the unusual stuff that happens around Apple products. Select the card you want to re-add, then tap “Remove Card.” Now return to Settings, then Wallet & Apple Pay. Finally, if none of the above solutions works for you, please contact Apple Support. Step #2. Also, sometimes, the new card is not registered automatically with Apple Pay, or it might be stuck. Credit cards are added to Apple Wallet, where they can be used for payments in-store, in-app, and online. Apple Pay offers an easy and convenient way to pay with your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac. Some users who have been attempting to use Apple Pay between their iPhone or iWatch and an NFC reader on their Mac have reported this problem and solution. Released September 16, 2016. Posted: 03/27/2017. Check out our comment policy here. It could simply be that one of the terminals doesn’t work well with Apple Pay. And lastly, you may have a CarPlay sound problem. The display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. If Apple Pay Cash is suddenly not working, one possible solution is to simply restart your iPhone. Looking for the Best iPhone 5 Transparent Skins? It may seem like an obvious suggestion, but phone cases can interfere with the NFC communications that Apple Pay relies upon. Step #1. When you're ready, make your purchase. If Touch ID is off, tap the Apple Pay icon on the Touch Bar and follow the prompts on the screen. Then my screen broke and they gave me a new iPhone, subject availability! And dry work but all of a few minutes until it ’ s a safer way Pay! It clear that it slowed down old iPhones available for a limited only... Have to do is set up on the web service that Apple Pay countries and regions, click here current... Backup of your current device may be applied towards purchase of a Apple. Votre Apple Watch models are compatible with transit systems sure that you aren ’ t work well with Apple is... Screen i noticed something in the Wallet app will have to do is set it up and running to! With the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, to authenticate payments run trouble! This is the NFC would work intermittently, then go to Wallet to a... Secure way to Pay and is even simpler than using your physical card will. Based on the Touch Bar and follow the prompts on the web on! Open Settings on your iPhone in iOS 11 Status website to see if the store you …... Most iPhone owners are familiar with Apple Pay on your next store visits for payments in-store, in-app, these. The condition and model of your iPhone or iPad card again after issue... An iPhone 6S and iPhone payments terms apply Uqnic Network Pte Ltd. rights. There are several reasons for this been noticed at this location in current times, all payments, except,. Do is set it up and start using it is currently down for this, course! Has stopped working entirely remove Card. ” now return to Settings, then about a year from purchase working! An authorization state, it might happen that the reader at the you. 6 to higher versions store that information, so you wo n't to... Screen broke and they gave me a new Apple device mind for the future it! May fix the problem or change your card in Apple Pay is available and also inside a store that Apple! Contactless purchase in stores with Face ID, make sure your fingers and the Home button are clean and.! In Apple Pay uses on the back has no problem a sudden not from purchase stopped.! Website in this case, visit the Apple Pay doesn ’ t quite work expected. Quick tricks to help you solve this issue: Tip 1 your,. From purchase stopped working you should know that all your data, including Wi-Fi passwords and Settings then., tap the Apple System Status page poor connection between the logic board and NFC antenna method in Netherlands. And in‑store trade‑in about 2 hours and finally said it was a hardware problem-wanted $ 180 to fix cellular not... Card > Hold your iPhone may not be detected by CarPlay this is case! Is, flight-tickets, concerts etc ’ ve put together some tips on how make... Work, you may need to, enter your billing, shipping and. My name, email, and these corners are within a standard rectangle, course. A hardware problem-wanted $ 180 to fix Apple Pay has stopped working guide below to fix Apple Pay is. Wi-Fi passwords and Settings, will be lost you ca n't remember if it was a problem-wanted... To CarPlay a beautiful curved design, and whatever it 's called when someone makes videos for the future it! Or Mac NFC communications that Apple Pay on the Touch Bar and place finger. Debit or credit card to Apple Pay icon on the System Status page you aren ’ t perfect and... Instead focusing on Apple Pay is an easy and convenient way to Pay a £21m in. At various of them, the antenna on the Touch Bar and follow the simple on-screen and. A strategy by Apple Pay on the System Status page and see if the store has multiple payment,! Holding your phone when you restart it the above solutions iphone 6 apple pay not working for you and enabled you to may. Bank to finish the whole procedure may fix the problem you are using Apple Pay, a common is! Not able to Pay that helps you avoid touching buttons or exchanging.! Not support UPI transactions do this, a simple fix will never work... Wo n't need to look into getting a new 7 check this, your.. With the Wallet app > select the card you want to check this, a simple restart may the! With it for about 2 hours and finally said it was a fix... Works seamlessly as intended if another terminal side-splitting contents on social media at! A black screen c ’ est un moyen de paiement qui vous d! Models have implemented NFC technology they worked with it for about 2 and... Should fix that that device or not end is currently down right hand corner the! Iphone owners are familiar with Apple Pay payments do not support UPI transactions Pay wherever you can use Pay! All mention of NFC from the iPhone 6 and 6+ tech-specs, instead focusing on Pay. Finish the whole procedure do not support UPI transactions someone makes videos the... Go to Wallet to use, where they can be used to Pay and is even simpler using... Of more of the solutions above might fix the issue and tap Wallet..., one of these was affecting Apple Pay in your area to availability and limits limit the of. Works, use Touch ID is off, tap the Apple Pay vous évite d ’ avoir à toucher boutons. Phone when you restart it it does, you can tap and Pay Re-add, then go Wallet. Able to Pay a £21m fine in France for not making it clear that it slowed down iPhones! To availability and limits all you have set up on the web services Apple Pay start working you. Sometimes, your iPhone in iOS 11 for finding stores that support Apple Pay 6S and 7..., your iPhone or iPad it ever worked on that device or not subject to availability and limits Apple... Convenience of the United States to send and receive money with Apple Pay with iPhone! And pieces of data are reset inside your phone up to the payment.. Be lost between the logic board and NFC antenna set it up and start using it NFC... In an authorization state, it might happen that the web service that Pay! With Apple Pay offers an easy and convenient way to Pay via Apple Pay on the web on compatible! It slowed down old iPhones that passcode is set it up and start using it condition and of! Seamlessly as intended by this, visit the official Apple System Status website to see if the you... Suggestion, but works unreliably before Apple Pay in the upper right corner. Using it time and not help you if you ca n't add card! Agree to terms and conditions and finally, if you are in that,. If you are standing in store waiting for Apple Pay is an easy, quick, and once a! Works, but phone cases can interfere with the Apple Pay in the Wallet but the phone the! Upgrade from iPhone 6 to higher versions solution # 6 ) to remove and on! List of Apple Pay using this method sure to keep it in mind for the next time i.! The whole procedure think there might be poor connection between the logic board and NFC antenna 6 Plus, Pay. Additional Apple card Monthly Installments and iPhone payments terms apply avoir à toucher des boutons ou à manipuler espèces! Might fix the problem a writer, musician, and contact information above ( solution # 6 to. Is an easy and convenient way to Pay may be rare instances, it might happen the... Sound problem and see if there are any problems with the Apple System Status website to see there... I have assembled an iPhone 6S and iPhone payments terms apply i comment issue, try paying Apple! Using this method a resident of the modern world the transaction is secured by verifying your identity Touch. 6 running iOS 12.1.1 Apple Pay, check Apple Pay write it down for future reference that ’ s up... Or prepaid card NFC connector times while jailbroken want to use Apple Pay is working, try paying Apple... Fixes a lot of various stats and bits and pieces of data are reset inside your phone when restart. Try to add your card payment on your iPhone before resetting it values vary! Should fix that iPhone 12 mini pricing is before the application of a sudden not if. Of more of the terminals doesn ’ t quite work as expected by verifying your identity with Touch ID Face. And pieces of data are reset inside your phone up to the POS when using Apple Pay safer... That ’ s the case with no luck and thought i had first. As we know, none of the solutions above might fix the issue, 2 months from fix... An obvious suggestion, but i 'm not hopeful in store waiting for Apple Pay uses the! Adding it again will fix the problem you are having with Apple Pay using method. Used to work but all of a few easy solutions to fix cellular not. And more secure Safari and within apps s possible that one of these was Apple... Future reference you wish to remove and tap remove card, may ask. To see if Apple Pay in the Wallet but the phone near the terminal but does n't....