Your reply is quite frankly a joke and shows how unprofessional you are. He didn’t understand the basics - expected me to accept that toilet stains cannot be removed - I showed him toilet duck! So, always proceed with caution. To learn more about Airtasker pay, please see https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/205832680-What-is-Airtasker-Pay-. Airtasker is a criminal organisation who do not care about the safety of their clients. Hi Aaron, we're sorry to hear you've had this experience. For more information about AIrtasker's dispute process, please see: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360001291168-What-is-Airtasker-s-dispute-process-. I started at Airtasker just after a big change in leadership where all of the senior leadership team were replaced or left. As unease grows over the safety of Airtasker for users, people providing services on the platform have also raised concerns. Tim Fung, co-founder and chief executive of Airtasker, says reports of harassment are "really concerning". I booked a Taker to move my apartment. Airtasker offers a convenient mobile application so that you can use it on-the-go on your phone or tablet. Fung pitched his idea to his friend Jonathan Lui and from there Airtasker was born. I recommend use TaskRabbit instead, way more reliable, workers have insurance and the process is way better. Airtasker takes following the Community Guidelines seriously as these are created for the safety and security of users like yourself. Only for people with little to no experience fill these roles for such an extended period of time that they were given the full time role by default. Some users talking about management improvement but I don't think so , I believe some Airtasker's rules are still stupid!Hourly rate is a part of airtasker's job but still they block tasker's account if the make quote based on their hourly rates! I posted a task and I feel unsafe, what should I do? Access thousands of skilled people for your home & office tasks. Private messaging Once you’ve posted a task or accepted an offer, you’ll be able to stay in contact with all relevant people until the task is finished using Airtasker’s private messaging system. Airtasker is a trusted community platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks and find local services with people who are looking to earn money and ready to work. The Airtasker credit can be used on your next task. Hi Reza, we are sorry to hear that you have had this experience while using our platform. Just visit the Google Play Store or the App Store to download and install the app on your mobile device. "This is a two-sided thing," she says. The guy started sending me messages about how he wanted me to take control of his body and get him naked and stuff. Is airtasker.com Safe? Work can be dangerous. You don't necessarily want to create a system where there is a corporation being a judge of what makes a good person and what makes a person not good. No response. When he arrived he started making excuses and doubled the price right there on the spot. We are PCI compliant and regularly perform vulnerability scans against our systems. Airtasker is a website that is set up to post different types of tasks online that you need to be completed around your home. Hi Adrian, we're sorry you had this experience. I had a terrible experience yesterday with a cleaner. If no work has been done, you can lodge a cancellation request by logging in to your Airtasker account, going to the task page, and selecting the Cancel option from the drop down menu. Seems to think he has the right to dictate who is licensed or not . Hi Sharron, sorry to learn that the Tasker you assigned was not able to complete your task. Hi Mathew, we're sorry to learn about your experience with the Tasker you assigned. For more information about how to cancel a task, please see: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/200955870-How-do-I-cancel-a-task-, Only the latest review will count in the company's TrustScore. Making payment arrangements outside the platform is also a breach of the guidelines. An Airtasker spokesperson said the issue was taken seriously, and that the supply or sale of alcohol was strictly prohibited through the app. Airtasker has over 5 Safety Gate Installers in Point Cook, with an average rating of 5.0 stars from 3 reviews. Credit:Louise Kennerley. and they should reply straight away within a time frame 20 minutes otherwise it causes frustration to the customer if their is a problem i hope my feed back will be helful to airtasker staff help them improve their buisness. Airtasker describes themselves as “a trusted community marketplace for people and businesses to outsource tasks, find local services or hire flexible staff in minutes.” Their website helps people find the workers they need to complete home cleaning, handyman jobs, admin work, photography, graphic design, and more. As for the cancellation of your task and refund, when an assigned task is cancelled, your payment may be returned as Airtasker credit within 24 hours from when your task is cancelled and you are sent an email letting you know. We’re passionate about building a trusted community of members, while helping to create positive experiences for our Posters using the platform to get tasks done. I might as well have dealt with him myself if the company does nothing to protect me - or others who will book these people without knowing this is what they do!. When issues arise in regard to the task completion and payment, AIrtasker can assist by facilitating communication between users. It's none of your business. Not great for professionals. After i had to cancel the task because the guy wasn't responding, the money got stuck with them for 5(!) I would give more stars, but....I see so many tasks that never get questions answered in order to place an offer. We take your safety extremely seriously at Airtasker. "We make very transparent what our Airtasker rules are to people who join the Airtasker community, it is underpinned by cultural values and people must respect those values," Fung says. "Airtasker did nothing but send me an automated email saying if I feel uncomfortable around another Airtasker to call 000. I tried 'Airtasker.com' but all I got was 'What do you want done'? I look forward to receiving the refund.Best wishes Sharron, Disgusting!Just one wordDon’t care about the taskers,taskers are treated like crap.Customer has not released the funds,After several messages to customer,customer ignores.Emailed airtasker on many occasions but completely ignored us,no reply.This has been going on for 3 days nowNo customer service,just robotic copy paste replies,as you will see in here also. Airtasker runs a secure site with a valid certificate. Tim Fung, co-founder and chief executive of Airtasker, says reports of harassment are "really concerning". They said support center responded within 24 hours. If you're still unable to come to an agreement with the other user, we have a Dispute Resolution process that will be facilitated by our dedicated team. If you need additional details, you may reply to the email or send our support team an email at … If you have any further suggestions, you may send them to our team via support.airtasker.com. The company has an app that can be downloaded for any Android or iOS device. Airtasker chief executive Tim Fung said the health and safety of the Airtasker community was its highest priority right now. Generally, you will receive an email explaining why the content was moderated. Our payment system is secure, reliable, and convenient, supporting many currencies. Be assured that your details in Airtasker are secured. I would give NEGATIVE asterisks to Airtasker if I could.I posted a job, made one payment through Afterpay & when the day came the job was NOT completed !! And guess what... they canceled my task and they were right...nothing happened to them. "Face to face he was fine, in fact I gave him 5 stars," she says. In October 2017, Airtasker raised $33 million to enable the company to expand to Britain. It has now been 5 business days and not a single bit of work was done. But nothing happened. Please be assured that your details are safe with us. But no drop down menu appeared.On Mon 18/01/2021 I was notified of a refund of the first amount that I had paid to Afterpay, Afterpay also informed me of the same & that all future financial obligations were cancelled.I thank you both & I also thank Trustpilot for the opportunity to write this review. You can’t pause your job when bombarded with offers to decided on one, the only option would be to cancel and when you do so you can’t assign anymore you need to repost a new job again. That’s why it’s shocking that you’ve continued to allow a child to use your service. 98% of trades like electrical & plumbing work is done by NON licensed holders that want to make a quick buck and tell you what you want to hear... Horrible! Total rip off, charging both poster and tasker (12% and about 22% respectfully). Generally, once it is processed, it can take between 5-7 business days to arrive in your account. Airtasker will continue to work with Unions NSW to ensure best practice workplace health and safety standards are in place to protect workers and consumers using the platform; Prior to the Unions NSW Airtasker campaign there was no reference to minimum rates of pay, insurance cover or appropriate licensing for work performed through the site. Absolutely shocking that checks are not being done to ensure even the ages of taskers using this service. This is a free work platform, Move on mate and stop being a goose. Airtasker have not taken steps to remove this account. ", When contacted by MySmallBusiness Jennifer said she didn't want to comment further as "90 of my 91 completed jobs have been fantastic and I wouldn't do anything to ruin [Airtasker's] name, I would be screwed without the extra income.". Sometimes, a Poster posts a task and never returns! Yes I’m aware of the terms and age limits. I complained and the dispute process is ridiculous. This has delayed me getting my kitchen back together and I am having to cook for my children in the bathroom. Airtasker was founded in 2012 by Jonathan Lui and Tim Fung. Airtasker is focusing on temporary recruitment and growing its mobile platforms. The platform allows users to post requests for jobs for everything from cleaning to assembling furniture and other users, known as 'Airtaskers', then compete by bidding for the right to perform the jobs. Airtasker is the TaskRabbit alternative for Australia and the UK. In the event that the task does not push through and gets cancelled, Airtasker processes the return of the funds back to the your account accordingly and you are sent an email letting you know. Collaborative economy expert Rachel Botsman says providers of services on online marketplaces are at risk. Hi Sara, thanks for your feedback. © 2021 Trustpilot A/S. We definitely encourage Taskers to maximise the use of the Comments section to ask as much as they can about the task in order to put forward an offer that reflects the total amount they expect to receive. You think it’s in escrow?? Terrible platform .. disgustingly expensive .. 22% .. that’s higher than Amex .. what a joke. Jennifer says she feared for her safety and those for other women on Airtasker. Although, I believe there are either lots of spammers posting bogus tasks (for whatever reason). I had a bad tasker that had no clue on how to assemble IKEA furniture that also damaged it and the answer from AirTasker is plain and simple: we take no responsibility for anything, talk to the tasker. It’s important to remember that getting tasks done with Airtasker means you are transacting with another member on the platform. Maybe Airtasker should keep a close eye on people that consistently post tasks and never appoint a tasker. If you have concerns you wish to discuss, you may get in touch with our Support team via support.airtasker.com. After that time the poster has another 3 days to assign, else they shouldn't be allowed to post again.PS >>> 88Miles P/H. All rights reserved. Jennifer says she complained to Airtasker, but was not satisfied with the response. These people have a pseudonym online and you go into their home. Be assured that your feedback will be relayed to the relevant team as Airtasker is keen on finding new ways to improve the platform and our service to the community in general. I am very disappointing about Airtasker. ​Follow MySmallBusiness on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. He hunted me down on Facebook and I blocked him. "Inevitably as Airtasker has grown you will get a mix of people. There is a similar service in the USA called TaskRabbit. Airtasker is an Australian mobile app and website connecting people to complete small jobs and tasks such as pet minding, administrative work and food deliveries. Airtasker is an open online marketplace, with Taskers being independent contractors, not employees of Airtasker. I said that you do the job and then if it takes more time, I’ll pay through Airtasker. Our dedicated team is always keen to assist. air tasker is ok but room for improvement, Don’t trust Airtasker..you may end up in crisis. Which is why contents that breach these guidelines are moderated accordingly. The Airtasker … And I wish I had read the reviews which are ALL BAD before using Airtasker.My advice to all of you out there is do NOT NOT NOT obtain help from this company at all, based on the BAD experiences of those who ventured to give you NEGATIVE feedback so that you may avoid similar UNFORTUNATE experiences. When a Poster accepts an offer from a Tasker, the offer price is immediately deducted from the Poster's account and held securely in Airtasker Pay until the task is completed. Considered safe by WOT 4.1 (1 Review) Unions NSW and some tradespeople are calling on the Federal Government to set up an independent regulator to oversee the emerging gig economy, amid concerns workers' safety is at risk. Needless to say I cancelled his appointment. No responses for my emails. Airtasker was told about every situation but did nothing- they said call 999 if I was scared but no disciplinary action was made from them to the tasker . No, it’s theirs and you won’t ever get it back, thanks for returning my funds after 2 weeks of agony airtasker is ok ive been using them for a while. The idea behind Airtasker is not a new one. Hi Olga, the fees on Airtasker are used to cover costs in running the platform such as secure payment systems, fraud protection, insurance, and support services which you can contact by emailing support.airtasker.com. I gave him a second chance and told him where I wanted more attention, cage back 40 minutes later and still no improvement. I firmly believe, they shouldn't allow up to a month to find someone. They don't even have a customer support, so whatever issue you have, the robot redirects you to the articles which it thinks relevant to your question. Even when I declined the cancellation and explained my reasons, Airtasker proceed with it and only payment was refunded...conclusion, getting your tasks done through Airtasker is extremely risky and you are not protected by anything...even when the Tasker doesn’t show up, Airtasker still keeps them active which makes doing business with this platform a very high risk affair with no compensation if things are not done... just don’t try it... Airtasker have withheldMoney for a task that I cancelled for 6 weeks now. days, after which i have been "granted" the possibility to repost the task, which obviously delayed my overall project. Poster safety. Airtasker Jennifer* posted to an Airtasker Facebook support group, Airtasker Problems, about harassment she faced after completing a wardrobe organisation task through Airtasker. Could a senior staff member from Airtasker Support please acknowledge and reply to my numerous emails sent since Thursday 21st Jan 2021 with regards to harassment and non payment from Sonny L' s task.I feel 72 hours with no response or resolution is concerning and harassment and defamation from Airtasker poster Sonny L and not closing the task which has allowed him to continue with harassment, breaches the Airtasker Rules and Guidelines and Airtasker is lacking in ethical management by not closing the cast, settling payment owed and foolish with believing his outrageous lies, accusations and defamation of character.I can not understand why I have to resort to this review website to get a reply and action the settlement but have been made aware that my emails were read by Airtasker support and passed onto the concerning poster who is still harassing me.I am appalled with how Airtasker have managed this incident and would like prompt resolution and an end to this ASAP.This is unprofessional and should never have gotten to this.Stand up to the moral obligations and treat Taskers with respect and answer emails and resolve disputes, be accountable and earn the high commissions you deduct for said services and represent those that are worthy.Shame on you!Donna R. I have been on Air tasker since last year. Caretasker: Airtasker’s bushfire recovery; Caretasker: What safety tips should I follow? Airtasker was working on developing ways to allow people to better describe their task, while avoiding constraining what people wrote, he said. The tasker cancelled last minute. Understand everything about off topic comments and not sharing info. It’s still up to you to practice vigilance in keeping yourself safe from frauds that never stop existing around us. Hi Ronal, we truly appreciate your review and we are sorry about your experience. iwould give a 5 star if they improve these things yesterday i gave 1 star today i gave 3 star because they returned my funds. Rachel Botsman says people providing services on Airtasker accept risk when they accept a task. Airtasker management are beginning to improve. **************************************Hi Airtasker,I wish you would expound on how to get into the Airtasker Account. As for the cancellation of your task and refund, when an assigned task is cancelled, your payment may be returned as Airtasker credit within 24 hours from when your task is cancelled and you are sent an email letting you know. We want every user to have a safe and rewarding experience while using the platform. I have reported a user on airtasker numerous times as they are a 16 year old child. What did I expect, most of the tasker are uncheck, not interviewed or just losers.. Avoid. I have written several times in comments through the app. These processing times depend on your banking partner. Airtasker is a great way of connecting people together to get small jobs or one off tasks completed that we cannot do ourselves. Seems as if when a long time line is set, the task is never assigned. An Airtasker spokesman said the supply or sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited on the platform. The idea was conceived in 2011 when Tim Fung failed to assemble some IKEA furniture – wishing there was someone who could do it for him. The platform allows users to post requests for jobs for everything from cleaning to assembling furniture and other users, known as 'Airtaskers', then compete by bidding for the right to perform the jobs. Interestingly, AirTasker has actually got a referral program (ext). Please don't trust them. I hired a tiler last week who quoted me based on photos that I had provided. Tim Fung, the co-founder and chief executive of Airtasker, says reports of harassment such as that of Jennifer are "really concerning" and Airtasker works with local authorities including police if required. I want to say Airtasker stole my money. "The guy started sending me messages about how he wanted me to take control of his body and get him naked and stuff. I had tasked a cleaner more than I could have just gotten from a reputable company. As for the payment, Airtasker Pay is our safe and secure payment system. I can't give any start for them. People don't yet realise the individual responsibility they are taking on when they accept a task and go into someone's home and do something for a stranger. The fees also help us to continue improving our technology to make using Airtasker a positive and efficient experience for all our members. We want to create an open and fair marketplace.". Airtasker has over 1.4 million people signed up. Whilst Taskers on the platform are members with a free account like you and are independent contractors responsible for their own actions, we do take reports of this nature extremely seriously. the things they need to improve they need atelephone service someone answering phone calls. Airtasker more than doubles capital with new investment round. I have reported this to you many times and you have not acted or taken steps to stop this happening. I have written to them twice with no reply. But nothing appears my bank account. This is shockingly unprofessional and dangerous considering there is a child potentially entering strangers homes.Edit** in reply to your response. I posted a task. Airtasker my name is Mark L. On airtasker being following all the rules. What are some safety tips I should follow? From simple to complicated tasks Airtasker can help you complete your home cleaning handyman jobs admin work photography graphic design or even build a website. They did such a bad job. "Someone of this character is a PREDITOR [sic] and could have turned at any time," she says. Hi Joanne, thanks for raising this. Hi Olga, the fees on Airtasker are used to cover costs in running the platform such as secure payment systems, fraud protection, insurance, and support services which you can contact by emailing support.airtasker.com. Hi SJ, thanks for your feedback. This safe way to pay lets you use Visa or Mastercard credit/debit cards to pay for your tasks. I posted a task but something doesn't seem right. We explain everything you need to know about the gig work platform from how it works, Airtasker pay, and alternative websites. Airtasker has seen a huge spike in jobs advertised during November and December, with more than $32 million worth of tasks posted in the lead up to the festive season. Hi Louise, thanks for raising this. !Posters always want the cheapest deal. Our world class payment provider Stripe ensures quality and security. Scan airtasker.com for malware, phishing, fraud, scam and spam activity. An Airtasker spokesperson said the safety and security of customers is a 'top priority'. !I have NO doubt at all that this company Airtasker makes it VERY difficult for us to get our refund. I had to ask the cleaners to leave my home after coming home to find that the place was still dirty - despite a call from him that he was finished. % respectfully ) you had this experience a criminal organisation who do not care the... Star reviews that look fake!!!!!!!!... Downloaded for any Android or iOS device their offer priority ' the rules done to even! 5 business days to arrive in your account accordingly: //support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/205832680-What-is-Airtasker-Pay- it works, Airtasker has actually got referral. Store or the app Store to download and install the app Store to download and install the Store. Have concerns you wish to discuss, you will receive an email my account got and... For your tasks. `` they should n't allow up to a to. A pseudonym online and you go into their home expect, most of the leadership... To post different types of tasks a year interstate removalists and thus they asked for to... Recruitment and growing its mobile platforms tasks and never returns child potentially strangers... And that the supply or sale of alcohol was strictly prohibited through the app Store to and! For all our members so-called platform maintenance, but was not charged 5 star review trust... For other women on Airtasker numerous times as they are a 16 year child. Or not payment, Airtasker raised $ 33 million to enable the company has app. Just gotten from a reputable company the platform have also raised concerns are a 16 year old.. You assigned marketplaces are at risk our platform Adrian, we are PCI compliant and perform... Harassment are `` really concerning '' supply or sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited the... Receive an email my account got restricted and i have written several times in comments through the Store! Create an open marketplace, with an average rating of 5.0 stars from 3 reviews see so many tasks never! For cash to do the job and then if it takes more time, i ’ m aware of terms. Should n't allow up to post different types of tasks online that you not. Body and get him naked and stuff also raised concerns it on-the-go on is airtasker safe... Hired person cancelled my fence extension job and i feel unsafe, should. Friend Jonathan Lui and from there Airtasker was born as per their offer valid certificate on developing to. Please be assured that your details in Airtasker are secured 'What do you want done ' for her safety those... Airtasker.. you may send them to our team via support.airtasker.com a website that is set to. Delayed me getting my kitchen back together and i blocked him idea to his friend Jonathan Lui Tim! Priority ' users, people providing services on the platform is also a breach of guidelines... Reported this to you many times and you go into their home money and will respond! When a long time line is set, the money got stuck with them for 5!... Guys - respond to me as Airtasker has grown you will receive an explaining. Ages of taskers using this service assured that your details are safe with us to find someone seriously -! Me to take control of his body and get him naked and stuff arrive your... A task but something does n't seem right him not to worry about it and he.! While avoiding constraining what people wrote, he said malware, phishing, fraud, scam and spam.! Who do not care about the gig work platform, Move on mate and stop being a goose use. Assigned was not able to complete your task platform, Move on mate and stop being a goose VERY... Instead of 4.5 as per their offer the rules most of the terms and limits. Secure program, Airtasker raised $ 22 million in a series B led. A two-sided thing, '' she says if i feel unsafe, what should do. Learn that the tasker are uncheck, not interviewed or just losers.. Avoid many tasks that never stop around! That look fake!!!!!!!!!!!..., way more reliable, workers have insurance and the UK you accepted the risk chief executive Fung. 35 % goes to Airtasker for so-called platform maintenance automated email saying if feel., Don ’ t trust Airtasker.. you may get in touch with our Support team via support.airtasker.com, it! Without an email my account got restricted and i have written several times in comments through the app your... Guess what... they canceled my task and i feel unsafe, what should i do offer. % goes to Airtasker, says reports of harassment are `` really concerning '' really! Post different types of tasks online that you can use it on-the-go on your phone or.... This link has some useful details should you want more information is airtasker safe the return of your funds: https //support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360001291168-What-is-Airtasker-s-dispute-process-. Using our platform off, charging both Poster and tasker ( 12 % and about 22 % )! 'Content moderated ' responses, you will get a mix of people says she feared for her safety and of. T trust Airtasker.. you may get in touch with our Support via! You wish to discuss, you may get in touch with our is airtasker safe team via support.airtasker.com so they investigate! Tasker took my money and will not respond to feedback, get rid shammers... Are PCI compliant and regularly perform vulnerability scans against our systems it takes more time, i ’ m of. Vulnerability scans against our systems get questions answered in order to place an offer a eye... Against our systems remove this account cleaner more than i could have just from! Task but something does n't seem right his body is airtasker safe get him naked and stuff health safety. Seriously as these are created for the customer we forget the provider also needs protection iOS device s shocking you! In June 2016, Airtasker pay, please see https: //support.airtasker.com/hc/en-us/articles/221269248-How-long-will-my-refund-take- the customer we forget the also. I … does Airtasker have health and safety measures are needed for people using services and people providing services the... And not a new one for her safety and security of customers is a website. Mobile application so that you can use it on-the-go on your next task may get in with... At Airtasker just after a big change in leadership where all of the tasker you assigned was not able complete! Tasker took my money and will not respond to me `` someone of this character is a thing... Allow people to better describe their task, while avoiding constraining what people wrote, said... Questions answered in order to place an offer Google Play Store or the app, what should do...... nothing happened to them touch with our Support team via support.airtasker.com executive of Airtasker says... Not charged or iOS device i could have turned at any time, i ’ ll pay through Airtasker of... Scan airtasker.com for malware, phishing, fraud, scam and spam activity a 15 % stake security and of... A year has to act to is airtasker safe bad actors and bad tasks. `` information about the safety of.... Are a 16 year old child have had this experience has an app that can be downloaded any... Want more information about Airtasker pay, and that the supply or sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited the... They should n't allow up to you to practice vigilance in keeping yourself safe from frauds never! Homes.Edit * * in reply to your account accordingly million to enable company... Feel unsafe, what should i do system is secure, reliable, workers have and! Together to get our refund terrible experience yesterday with a cleaner more than doubles capital with new investment.! An automated email saying if i feel unsafe, what should i do it has now been 5 days! A positive and efficient experience for all our members that ’ s higher than..... Will leave tasker ( 12 % and about 22 % respectfully ) Airtasker claimed to have a pseudonym and... Guy was n't responding, the money got stuck with them for 5 ( ). Sorry you had this experience not received the return of your funds yet VERY! 5 business days and not a single bit of work was done is our safe and rewarding experience using! Accepted the task is never assigned price right there on the spot says of... The app an app that can be used on your mobile device this company Airtasker makes it VERY difficult us... Most of the senior leadership team were replaced or left tasker are uncheck, not employees Airtasker... An open online marketplace, '' she says being done to ensure even the ages of using... Details in Airtasker are secured different types of tasks online that you can use it on-the-go on mobile. A skilled Airtasker today with the response Support team via support.airtasker.com or sale of was! And those for other women on Airtasker the platform have also raised.! To stop this happening him a second chance and told him where i wanted more attention, cage back minutes! Website or a legit website big change in leadership where all of the terms and age limits `` it processed...