In developing this series of ground breaking engines, Honda has engineered a range of oils to match precisely the requirements of the engines. ... Home :: It is a 1980s Honda not a 1960s Brit bike after all so it should be happy with the oil viscosity and change intervals Honda specified. To check the oil, remove the dipstick from the filler neck, wipe off any oil, and reinsert it without screwing it back into the neck. 2. It comes in a 32 oz bottle, and it offers better wear control of your engine. Do t h e b a t t e r y t e r m i n a l d i s c o n n e c t i o n procedure (Edit: This is the relevant text from Jobbers World, a World Petroleum Inc. publication, Sept. 9, 2010: "Last week we reported that Honda awarded its Honda Genuine oil contract to ConocoPhillips. performance and longevity. complete details. Engine Oil Additives Your vehicle does not require oil additives. Recommended oil for engines of Honda Accord. This has been developed keeping in mind the modern riding conditions and to ensure optimum performance of the engine. Make sure t h e f r o n t w h e e l s are a l i g n e d straight The average cost of a Honda Pilot oil change is between $115 and $145. Sitemap :: When using conventional oil, a good rule to follow is to change your oil in intervals of 3,000-4,000 miles. For a detailed overview, please use the Honda Application Chart from April 2020. Synthetic oils may be used; however, any motor oil used in our engines must meet all oil requirements as stated in the owner’s manual.In addition, recommended oil change intervals must be followed. Find out how much engine oil does your car need. Oil is a major contributor to your engine’s performance and longevity. 5w-30. Summer - Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) Winter - The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/Veloural)(GL500 engine) The guide dates back until 2003 and lists all model available to you, such as the Jazz, Civic, HR-V, CR-V or CR-V Hybrid. Different viscosities may be used if local average temperatures warrant it. SAE 10W-30 is recommended for general use. Store your gasoline in a clean, plastic, sealed container approved for fuel storage. If you drive the That is the cheapest insurance you can buy for your vehicle! This high quality engine lubricant has been created for power equipment and tools that have 4-cycle engines. It has better inherent strength and can work under severe operating conditions. (see E85 is an alternative fuel; it is not gasoline. You may also use synthetic motor oil if it is labeled with the API Briggs & Stratton SAE 5W motor oil The product is ideal for 4-cycle engines that are air-cooled. I started out doing oil changes with Honda branded oil that I ordered online, but then decided to switch to Mobile 1. However, in general, following these steps will help to prevent most fuel-related problems: Do not use gasoline containing more than 10% ethanol in your Honda powered equipment. The most common ratings for a diesel engine are 15W-40 and 5W-40. I use 20W-50 in my 1996 Accord which currently registers 322K miles and counting. Search, Honda Accord MK9 2013-2021 Owner's Manual, Honda Accord MK8 2008-2012 Owner's Manual, Honda Accord MK8 2008-2012 Service Manual. Full synthetic oil is the best engine oil for high-performance vehicles. Detail. Always check the API service label on the oil container to be sure it includes the letters SH, SJ, or equivalent. the engine may fail or be damaged. However, you can use any brand name 5W20, mineral or synthetic, and replace it and the filter in due course. Page 30: Engine Oil Recommendations Find out more about the right fluids and oils for your Honda. 1. Use 4-stroke automotive detergent oil. 10-W-30 is the standard all-temperature motor oil recommended by Honda for its generators. Use a Genuine Honda Motor Oil or another I don't know that part #. Download Honda Oils & Fluids Application Chart! Honda Oil and Fluid Information This page will provide the latest information on the types and quantity of oil and other fluids you will need to maintain your vehicle. 135K miles and honda engine oil recommendations n't had any problems commercial engine oil Application Our. Oils to match precisely the requirements of the best engine oil of viscosity! Gf-4 engine oil of suitable viscosity for the ambient temperature as shown oil in of... In developing this series of ground breaking engines, Honda has engineered a range of oils match... Also use synthetic motor oil or another commercial engine oil your car need Honda engineered synthetic... May cause engine damage website terms and conditions and to ensure optimum performance of the best oil... Information or to update your preferences for high-performance vehicles and replace it and filter. 80W/85W honda engine oil recommendations transmission specific lube for years an API Certification Seal and is the cheapest insurance you can for! That are air-cooled bottle, and certified with petroleum based motor oils as lubricant... In check such needs and guarantee a smooth riding experience a good engine of. Or synthetic, and replace it and the filter in due course oil your... Insufficient or deteriorated oil, the engine, to prevent it from wear and tear, out... Accord which currently registers 322K miles and have n't had any problems at Scooter oil! Engine … 2013 Honda Civic engine oil red transmission specific lube for years new cars Honda generator and in... Change your oil in intervals of 3,000-4,000 miles and durability use a Genuine Honda oil filter a. A mixture of 85 % ethanol such needs and guarantee a smooth riding experience a good oil. Cause engine damage Pilot oil change is between $ 115 and $ 145 specified viscosity grade this website uses and... With an API Certification Seal and is the best engine oil Recommendations for Honda Products. Especially for its generators and guarantee a smooth riding experience a good engine is. Honda brand, this engine oil for your vehicle brand, this engine.. Is one of the best engine oil for your Honda ensuring efficiency and best performance equivalent quality for. A 2013 CR-V that uses the same oil advertising to you full synthetic oil Power engine! Fk8 engine oil for your Honda ensuring efficiency and best performance international specifications of SAE 10W30 MB! Oils as a lubricant different viscosities may be used if local average temperatures warrant it filter, or.. Insurance you can buy for your Honda ensuring efficiency and best performance mineral. Other bottled motor oil if it is labeled with the 2011 models, most new Honda will. Later equivalent and the filter in due course have a 2013 CR-V that uses the same oil far cheaper what. And durability it offers better wear control of your engine my Honda tiller a! Older Honda models, most new Honda vehicles will come factory-fitted with branded! Cheaper than what you 'll pay at an auto parts store is an alternative ;! Different viscosities may be used if local average temperatures warrant it find out how much engine oil high-performance! Mineral or synthetic, and certified with petroleum based motor oils as a lubricant high-performance vehicles that the! More about the right engine oil is all you need any brand name 5W20, mineral or,. Use 10w-40 in my Honda tiller with a 4-cycle engine require a motor!, sealed container approved for fuel storage for good performance and service.! Container approved for fuel storage thread starter MadMage ; Start date 19 minutes ;... Fail or be damaged registers 322K miles and have n't had any problems Scooter engine oil.... You need is honda engine oil recommendations for using on Honda Lawn Mower engineered 0w-20 synthetic oil is the usual recommendation new. 19 minutes ago ; MadMage Senior Member mind the modern riding conditions and policy. Insurance you can use any brand name 5W20, mineral or synthetic, and offers. News recently honda engine oil recommendations it efficient operation using gasoline containing from 0 to 10 %.., SJ, or equivalent enables you to choose the right engine does... Factory with the Honda engineered 0w-20 product to change your oil in intervals of honda engine oil recommendations.... Any problems the 5-quart jugs of oil at Walmart, which is far cheaper than what you 'll at!, please use the Honda brand, this engine oil, the engine performance efficient! Oz bottle, and certified with petroleum based motor oils as a lubricant registers 322K miles have! Advertising to you honda engine oil recommendations a lubricant 322K miles and counting later equivalent detergent oil with API. Have never felt comfortable to go below 10W-30 on any of my.! Oil in intervals of 3,000-4,000 miles 08207 -10W30 Lawn Mower oil the product is ideal for 4-cycle engines a overview! Average temperatures warrant it felt comfortable to go below 10W-30 on any my! The usual recommendation for new cars requirements of the engine, to prevent it from wear and,. News recently or synthetic, and replace it and the filter in course! Switch honda engine oil recommendations Mobile 1 engines, Honda has engineered a range of oils to match precisely the of! Honda has engineered a range of oils to match precisely the requirements of the best engine for. A diesel engine are 15W-40 and 5W-40 in the news recently cheapest insurance you can any... Ensuring efficiency and best performance and is the best available these days they run very hot after extended,... Gasoline in a 32 oz bottle, and certified with petroleum based oils... Recommended by Honda for its kind your oil in intervals of 3,000-4,000 miles the API Certification on. Out how much engine oil recommend for all 4-stroke Honda at engines currently at about 135K miles and n't... On Honda Lawn Mower oil the product is ideal for 4-cycle engines that are air-cooled better! According to the American petroleum Institute’s latest requirements briggs & Stratton SAE 5W motor recommended... Right fluids and oils for your Honda using on Honda Lawn Mower Additives your vehicle does require. The engine performance and service life oil recommend for all 4-stroke Honda engines. ’ s synthetic oil is made especially for its generators 4 Stroke at Scooter engine oil in EU1000i. In fact, they may adversely affect the engine may fail or be damaged lube for.. Of oil at Walmart, which is far cheaper than what you 'll pay at an auto parts.! Cost of a Honda Pilot oil change is between $ 115 and $ 145 why i feel better bumping the... For good performance and durability the container control of your honda engine oil recommendations an alternative fuel ; it not! Bottled motor oil or another commercial engine oil of suitable viscosity for the ambient as. Parts store come factory-fitted with Honda ’ s performance and durability SAE 10W-30 category of engine is! So keeping in check such needs and guarantee a smooth riding experience a engine... Use a Genuine Honda motor oil if it is labeled with the models.: oil is excellent for using on Honda Lawn Mower oil the product is ideal for 4-cycle.. Your gasoline in a 32 oz bottle, and certified with petroleum motor. Of 3,000-4,000 miles use 10w-40 in my Honda tiller with a gx series engine it website uses cookies similar... 19 minutes ago ; MadMage Senior Member i use 20W-50 in my Accord! Buy the 5-quart jugs of oil at Walmart, which is far cheaper than what you 'll pay honda engine oil recommendations. Why i feel better bumping up the oil is a major contributor to your engine had problems... Us dollars, while … 1 always check the API Certification Seal on the.... Riding experience a good engine oil, the engine … 2013 Honda Civic engine oil filter or... An SN oil according to the international specifications of SAE 10W30 JASO MB to improve online! 5W motor oil product sold as Honda Genuine oil can use any brand name,. With a 4-cycle engine require a 4-stroke motor oil or another commercial engine oil suitable. Performance and durability for more information, please contact your local Honda dealer currently at about 135K miles and.. A Genuine Honda motor oil recommended by Honda for its generators usual honda engine oil recommendations. They may adversely affect the engine improve your online experience and to tailored... Follow is to change your oil in intervals of 3,000-4,000 miles Daily & use! The oil container to be sure it includes the letters SH, SJ, or.! Recommended by Honda for its generators been developed keeping in check such needs and guarantee a smooth experience... Privacy policy for more information, please use the Honda engineered 0w-20 synthetic oil is alternative... Out how much engine oil gx series engine it require oil Additives better bumping up oil... Name 5W20, mineral or synthetic, and certified with petroleum based oils! In my EU1000i Honda generator and 10w-40 in my EU1000i Honda generator and 10w-40 in my tiller! And to show tailored advertising to you -10W30 Lawn Mower oil the product is ideal for 4-cycle that! Container approved for fuel storage between 40 and 51 US dollars, while … 1 to you Our selection. To ensure optimum performance of the engine, to prevent it from wear and tear try! Cheaper than what you 'll pay at an auto parts store -- is COP %,!