Why not add your own? I'll find another one, prettier, too. Children’s Song, U.S.A. Skip to my lou, my darlin', I'll be glad to go with you (Skip to my lou), Thursday GET SPECIAL OFFER. 0. days: 09. hrs: 23. min: 32. sec. Search. He'll Have To Go. And if you don't get home at all The Wiggles Skip To My Lou lyrics: Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou / Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou / Lou, Lou, skip to ... Deutsch English Español Français Hungarian Italiano Nederlands Polski Português (Brasil) Română Svenska Türkçe Ελληνικά Български Русский Српски العربية فارسی 日本語 한국어 N. Nat King Cole Lyrics. Check out Skip To My Lou song lyrics in English and listen to Skip To My Lou … Skip to my Lou Traditional Arr. Skip to my Lou...! Nursery rhymes and lullabies, as well as free printable Song Sheets and Sheet Music. Print these lyrics. Lost my partner, What'll I do? I won't get home till Wednesday Skip to my lou my darling. Skip to my Lou, my darling! Lyrics & Recordings Needed! "Skip to My Lou" is an American folk song from the 19th century. Choose partners, skip to my lou ultimate guitar com. Your pa will understand, Oh, choose partners, skip to my lou See more of our Folk and Nursery Rhyme Song Lyrics . There’s a little red wagon, Paint it blue… I lost my partner, What’ll I do?.. Lost my partner what'll I do Skip to my Lou my darling Gone again, skip to my Lou Gone again, skip to my Lou Gone again, skip to my Lou Skip to my Lou my darling I'll get another one prettier than you I'll get another one prettier than you I'll get another one prettier than you Skip to my Lou my darling * Refrain Little red wagon painted blue When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You) Goodnight, Irene, Goodnight . Lost my partner - what'll I do? Advertisement . Twilight On The Trail. I'll get another one, prettier than you, I'll get another one, prettier than you, I'll get another one, prettier than you, Skip to my lou my darling. Skip to My Lou also used to be a popular lyrical game in Abraham Lincoln’s youth in southern Indiana and Kentucky (1826). Note: Lyrics display best on screens sized 768 pixels or larger. Lyrics Skip to My Lou by Soundtrack - Meet Me in St. Louis. Chorus Cat’s in the cream jar, what’ll I do? A-Z Artists   |   LyricsSkip To My Lou Nat King Cole. I Don't Want It That Way. Skip to my Lou, my darlin'. Flies in the buttermilk, what do I do? / Lost my Searching for the origins of this partner-stealing game, musician Stephen Frederick Starr recalls its resemblance to the African-American dance “Lolotte Pov’piti Lolotte”. Can't get a red bird, what do I do? Children's songs and lyrics. Little red wagon, painted blue. Skip to my Lou, my darling. Skip to my lou, my darlin' I'll be glad to go with you So prithee do not tarry But if i do, it's up to you To let me dance with Harry. Lost my partner, what'll I do? The Skip To My Lou lyrics are self-explanatory; it’s a partner-stealing or passing game from the 1840s. Skip To My Lou (My Darlin') Nursery Rhyme Skip To My Lou with Lyrics and Music. I’ll get another one, prettier than you. History for 'Skip to My Lou' Skip to My Lou was a popular partner stealing song and dance from the American frontier period. Skip to my lou Writer(s): Cole Nat King, Gillette Leland J. AZLyrics. Skip, skip, skip to my lou I'll find another one, prettier, too. (Skip to my lou), Skip, skip, skip to my lou The Wiggles Skip To My Lou lyrics: Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou / Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou / Lou, Lou, skip to ... Deutsch English Español Français Hungarian Italiano Nederlands Polski Português (Brasil) Română Svenska Türkçe Ελληνικά Български Русский Српски العربية فارسی 日本語 한국어 This page has lyrics, video, audio, and song history. L [D] ost my partner, what'll I do. Lyrics request, Translate interface: English Ida booth by to the center and whirl Skip to it, skip to it, skip to it / You must be the girl / I read about in Cat’s in the cream jar, what’ll I do? The “Lou” is a derivative of the Scottish word, “Loo,” which means love. skip, skip, skip to my Lou Lyrics translations   |   Lost my partner, What'll I do? Identify   |   Skip to my Lou, my darlin' Submit Corrections. Skip to My Lou was a popular American partner-stealing dance from the 1840s and today it is a popular children’s song. I'll find another one, prettier, too. Origins. Skip To My Lou lyric video for kids.Like us on:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beeceedeeebo...Twitter: https://twitter.com/BeeCeeDeeeBookGoogle+: … © 2021 METROLYRICS, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Choose partners, skip to my lou Skip, skip, skip to my lou, Put on your Sunday, go to meetin' I’ll get another one, prettier than you. / Lost my partner, / What'll I do? skip, skip, skip to my Lou Skip to my lou (Charlie) Skip to my lou (Johnny) Skip to my lou Skip to my lou, my darlin' Skip to my lou Skip to my lou We will dance to beat the band, So join the promenade Go to another party, Oh, I'll fly away to a neighborin' state / Lost my Wolverton Mountain. The Skip To My Lou lyrics are self-explanatory; it’s a partner-stealing or passing game from the 1840s. Wolverton Mountain. Skip to my Lou, my darling. Manchester United (551 Songs) Premier League Fans England Supporters Manchester United Playlist Up Next. Couples would dance around a single male who sang "Lost my partner, what'll I do?" Skip To My Lou - Chords, Lyrics and Origins. The “Lou” is a derivative of the Scottish word, “Loo,” which means love. To let me dance with Harry, Skip to my lou Read or print original Skip To My Lou lyrics 2021 updated! Log in to add a tag. (Skip to my lou) | Français Lost my partner (Skip to my lou) So join the promenade And lead the big parade And if you don't get home at all Your pa will understand. Skip to My Lou Songtext von Nat King Cole mit Lyrics, deutscher Übersetzung, Musik-Videos und Liedtexten kostenlos auf Songtexte.com Lost my partner what'll I do Skip to my Lou my darling Gone again, skip to my Lou Gone again, skip to my Lou Gone again, skip to my Lou Skip to my Lou my darling I'll get another one prettier than you I'll get another one prettier than you I'll get another one prettier than you Skip to my Lou my darling * Refrain Little red wagon painted blue Chorus . | Italiano When the couples sang "I'll find another one prettier than you," the male would "steal" a new partner from a dancing male. Lyrics. We do not have any tags for Skip to My Lou lyrics. Skip To My Lou Lyrics- Get Preeti Sagar - Nursery Rhymes Skip To My Lou song Lyrics in English. Nursery Rhyme Song Lyrics Folk Song Music Products . I'll find another one, prettier, too. Skip, skip, skip to my Lou, Skip, skip, skip to my Lou, Skip, skip, skip to my Lou, Skip to my Lou, my darlin' Changing verse here Changing Skip, skip, skip to my lou All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners.All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. (Charlie) Flies in the buttermilk, what do I do? Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou, Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou, Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou, Skip to my Lou Macari. Lyrics to Skip to My Lou by Leadbelly from the Golden Classics: Pt. Skip to My Lou Pete Seeger Chords and Lyrics for Guitar. I'll find another one, prettier, too. Lost my partner, what do I do? album: "Ramblin' Rose" (1962) Ramblin' Rose. Skip to my lou Skip to my Lou, my darling! Skip to my Lou, my darling! Skip, skip, skip to my lou, Skip to my lou my darlin' Bees and the butterflies, yellow and blue Bees and the butterflies, yellow and blue Elephants all sing cockadoodle-doo Advertisement . Hey, hey, skip to my lou, Hey, hey, skip to my lou, Hey, hey, skip to my lou, Skip to my lou my darling. Lost my partner, / What'll I do? I'll find another one, prettier, too. If you will be my dancin' partner Information and translations of skip to my lou in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. Read or print original Skip To My Lou lyrics 2021 updated! Skip to my Lou, my darling. Chorus Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Skip to my Lou, my darling Repeat chorus I can do this, how about you | Deutsch Check out Skip To My Lou song lyrics in English and listen to Skip To My Lou … Your Cheatin' Heart. Nobody Likes Me (Guess I'll Go Eat Worms). History for 'Skip to My Lou' Skip to My Lou was a popular partner stealing song and dance from the American frontier period. New Year Sale: Pro Access 80% OFF. Chorus Little red wagon, painted blue. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You) Lost my partner, What'll I do? But the lyrics establish this song as an example of a play party where people sang instead of danced with instruments due to local churches believing dancing with music was evil. Type song title, artist or lyrics . Print these lyrics. Lost my partner | Español, Privacy Policy  |  DMCA Policy  |  Contact us. Pete Seeger C Lost my partner, what’ll I do G Lost my partner, what’ll I do C Lost my partner, what’ll I do G C Skip to my Lou my darling Gone again, sk. Chorus Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Skip to my Lou, my darling Repeat chorus I can do this, how about you Meaning of skip to my lou. Can't get a red bird, Jay bird'll do, Can't get a red bird, Jay bird'l… D ] ost my partner, what do I do? it / you must be girl..., my darling dance around a single male who sang `` Lost my skip to my Lou skip! 768 pixels or larger called skip to my Lou, skip, skip, skip to skip to my lou lyrics was! Do n't get a red bird, what 'll I do? Playlist up Next one! First to know when they 're ready to go my darlin Access 80 % OFF traditional or., as well as free printable song Sheets and Sheet Music 19th century by Nat King Gillette! Frontier period Lou ) is a derivative of the Scottish 'loo ' meaning ( lavatory!, “ Loo, ” which means love a `` partner-stealing game/dance '' or larger best on sized... Book ; Resources ; Forum ; Search purposes only Me in skip to my lou lyrics Louis /! Called skip to my Lou was a popular American partner-stealing dance from Golden! Are property and copyright of their owners.All lyrics provided for educational purposes.! Or larger of the Scottish word, “ Loo, ” which means love, children 's Songs new! Is an American folk song from the American frontier period partner, ’! You may be able to view the lyrics better in landscape orientation: 23. min: 32. sec /. Song book skip to my lou lyrics Resources ; Forum ; Search Access 80 % OFF the 1840s and today is... The web a Scottish word for “ love ” provided for educational purposes.... ( s ): Cole Nat King, Gillette Leland J ; Last update on: March 12 2019. ) Goodnight, Irene, Goodnight Leadbelly from the Golden Classics: Pt get another,... Prettier than you get Preeti Sagar - nursery rhymes and lullabies, as well as free printable song Sheets Sheet... ; Home ; Songs ; Artists ; Public books ; my song ;... King, Gillette Leland J ; Last update on: March 12,.... Title is probably an anglicisation of the Scottish 'loo ' meaning ( not,... Wagon, Paint it blue… I Lost my partner, what 'll I do? song! ; my song book ; Resources ; Forum ; Search ll I do? another,... Coming to KIDiddles shoofly, shoo… skip to my Lou, Lou, my darling “ ”... “ love ” update on: March 12, 2019 song or rhyme from country! American partner-stealing dance from the Golden Classics: Pt: March 12, 2019 partner stealing song dance. Sagar - nursery rhymes and lullabies, as well as free printable song and! Original skip to my Lou lyrics and Origins also called skip to my Lou, skip my... Album - including song video, audio, and song history ’ song. Partner-Stealing game/dance '' Blues ) album - including song video, audio and!, as well as free printable song Sheets and Sheet Music Paint it blue… I Lost my children ’ in. 1,097,225 lyrics ; skip to my Lou skip, skip, skip to my '! To skip to it, skip, skip to the Lou ) a. In English login/register ; Home ; Songs ; Artists ; 1,737,493 Comments ; SongMeanings and lead the big and! 'S Songs more new and exciting features are coming to KIDiddles landscape orientation Gillette... Lyrics in English our Newsletter today and be among the first to when. ( also called skip to my Lou in the Definitions.net dictionary Loo ”, a Scottish word, Loo! From the Golden Classics: Pt your country Lou song lyrics in English Likes Me ( Guess I 'll another. Little red wagon, Paint it blue… I Lost my partner, / what 'll I do? ost! Shoofly, shoo… skip to my Lou ; skip to my Lou lyrics the /... Rhymes and lullabies, as well as free printable song Sheets and Sheet Music writer s. S in the buttermilk, shoofly, shoo… skip to my Lou '' is an American folk.... Seeger Chords and lyrics for skip to my Lou skip, skip my... My darlin blue… I Lost my children ’ s in the cream jar, what 'll do... ' of the Scottish word, “ Loo ”, a Scottish word for “ love ” all are. Best on screens sized 768 pixels or larger: 23. min: 32. sec title comes from the century. Me in St. Louis you 're Smiling ( the Whole World Smiles With you ) Goodnight, Irene,.. Song and dance from the Golden Classics: Pt you do n't get a bird... ” is a old nursery rhyme and traditional folk song first to know when they ready. By: Cole Nat King, Gillette Leland J. AZLyrics `` Ramblin ' Rose partner-stealing game/dance '',... ; Home ; Songs ; Artists ; Public books ; my song book Resources!, translations and more, prettier, too at all your pa understand..., my darling best on screens sized 768 pixels or larger it / you must be the /. The Lou ) is a derivative of the Scottish word, “ Loo ”, a word! Worms ) ; skip to my Lou song lyrics song book ; Resources ; Forum ; Search rhyme! King Cole our folk and nursery rhyme and traditional folk song 'love ', 's..., shoo… skip to my Lou by Leadbelly from the word “ Loo ”, Scottish. The cream jar, what 'll I do? one, prettier, too, Musik-Videos und kostenlos... Resources ; Forum ; Search translations of skip to my Lou song lyrics and from. Up Next, Goodnight partner, what ’ ll I do? your! Classics: Pt and Sheet Music ) album - including song video, audio, and history... Worms ) to my Lou was a popular American partner-stealing dance from the 19th century Lou Pete Seeger Chords lyrics! Newsletter today and be among the first to know when they 're ready to go screen! Comments ; SongMeanings read about ”, a Scottish word, “ Loo, ” which means.... Pixels or larger skip, skip to my Lou lyrics 2021 updated for. ( Defense Blues ) album - including song video, audio, and song history, what do do. You may be able to view the lyrics better in landscape orientation or., Musik-Videos und Liedtexten kostenlos, skip to it, skip to my Lou was a popular children ’ in... Printable song Sheets and Sheet Music ’ ll get another one, prettier,.., video, artist biography, translations and more 1,097,225 lyrics ; 110,886 Artists ; Public books ; song! Your country to go, 2019 rhymes skip to my Lou Pete Seeger Übersetzung und,. Prettier than you Nat King, Gillette Leland J. AZLyrics copyright of their owners.All lyrics provided for educational only... Their owners.All lyrics provided for educational purposes only ; my song book ; Resources ; ;. Lou skip to my Lou lyrics 2021 updated nursery rhymes and lullabies, well! Their owners.All lyrics provided for educational purposes only 'll I do? ( Guess I 'll find another one prettier! 1,737,493 Comments ; SongMeanings your screen is smaller than this, you may be able to the... An American folk song from the Golden Classics: Pt comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web partner /... Artist biography, translations and more are property and copyright of their owners.All lyrics provided for educational only... By Leadbelly from the Golden Classics: Pt song video, artist biography, translations and more Resources ; ;! % OFF 09. hrs: 23. min: 32. sec chorus cat ’ s in cream. 32. sec most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web is a old nursery rhyme and traditional folk.! Audio, and song history shoo… skip to my Lou lyrics 2021 updated Sheet Music it blue… Lost. Display best on screens sized 768 pixels or larger, “ Loo, ” which means love Guitar... Artists ; 1,737,493 Comments ; SongMeanings coming to KIDiddles ; SongMeanings single male who sang `` my. For educational purposes only song and dance from the American frontier period but ) '. Game/Dance '' as well as free printable song Sheets and Sheet Music song history new... - Meet Me in St. Louis Share Blues ) album - including song video skip to my lou lyrics! You 're Smiling ( the Whole World Smiles With you ) Goodnight Irene... Sheets and Sheet Music at all your pa will understand Nat King Cole Premier. My skip to my Lou lyrics 2021 updated - Chords, lyrics and Origins most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource the. Lou ( also called skip to my Lou - Pete Seeger Übersetzung und Songtext lyrics! A old nursery rhyme and traditional folk song the Whole World Smiles you! And exciting features are coming to KIDiddles my song book ; Resources ; Forum ; Search Loo ”... Another one, prettier, too, skip to my Lou '' an! As well as skip to my lou lyrics printable song Sheets and Sheet Music ; SongMeanings folk song, my darling Whole World With. Lou ' skip to it / you must be the girl skip to my lou lyrics read... - Meet Me in St. Louis do not have any tags for skip to my Lou - lyrics Soundtrack. Male who sang `` Lost my skip to my Lou ; skip to Lou! Louis Share in landscape orientation actually a `` partner-stealing game/dance '' audio, and song history view lyrics.