They do well in tanks with softer substrates like sand or smooth pebbles. He told me they were labelled and pointed to a label stating “Corydoras julii 4.25 GBP”. Julii Cory is a very hardy fish but sometimes it is affected by bacterial diseases due to inappropriate maintained aquarium environment. Hi My son wanted to get some sterbai cory catfish and was told at the pet store by the guy that just keeps cories that they secrete a toxin when stressed and often when people buy them they die by the time they get … Purchase at least five fish. Well they didn't have any more JuliI or SterbaI Corys. Share. answer #2. $14.95. Home › Julii Cory - 6 pack Customer Reviews. Frankly, I don’t even know what they are called. Apr 17, 2016. They are a gentle fish, non agressive. MSRP: $25.00 Add to Cart. Ninfia. Quick view . About 2-3 months back I got 5 beautiful Sterbai Corydoras, however one looks at times a bit like a Julii Corydoras! You are right in thinking they are different species, the confusion comes from made up trade names, trilineatus are often labelled as leopard or juliI corys I would go with C.trilineatus, you'd be highly unlikely to find true juliI as they're rarely if ever seen in the trade. I do like them, and they are a pretty fish that will stay small for the smaller tanks. You can see in the picture below the Cory in question (closest to us in the middle) with 2 Sterbai. Like Corydoras sterbai, this species created something of a storm when first introduced, but again was soon found to be easy to keep and breed. Corydoras trilineatus is one of our best sellers because of the black squiggly lines all over its body and the horizontal stripe running down its side. Carley. Sterbai cories are inverted julii corys. Member. Welche Corys von den Wasserwerten und den Temperaturen zusammenpassen kannst Du hier in der Datenbank nachlesen. Recommended temperature: 23 - 26 °C (73.4 - 78.8°F) The way how these fish reproduce: Spawning. This is definitely julii . The Cory Catfish (Corydoras sp. Albino corys are generally a form of bronze cory, but can be another species. Based on 7 reviews Write a review. Additionally, they will not thrive with aggressive fish. We have mastered the art of keeping and shipping aquatic life! Sale! They tend to be active, but frequently shy as compared to other Cory's. I have maybe 20 male Endlers, and the Corys. Either way, cooler temps are fine. Select options. Family: Callichthyidae. Sale! Classification. Add to Wish List. Thread Starter; Izakg. The Corydoras julii, also known as the julii cory, is one of the most sought-after species of corydoras catfish in the hobby – but tend to be relatively rare in stores. Hopefully I will have 4 more Julii's by this weekend. Sterbai Cory Catfish: This is a common species featuring white spots on its dark body. They're about $9-$10. Latin: Joo-lee-ee! Julii corys are white with many tiny stripes and spots. Aqua-Fish.Net - since 2005 deutsch I also have 5 Amano Shrimp. Corydoras julii STEINDACHNER, 1906 Julii Cory Etymology. Scientific Name: Corydoras Julii. Females are noticeably rounder and broader-bodied than females, especially when full of eggs. Add to Cart . To trigger your Corydoras to breed, provide plenty of hiding places for the fish, like caves. Albino Sterbai Cory Cat - Corydoras sterbai var 'albino' The Albino Sterbai Cory Catfish is a … $19.99. Habrosus, or salt and pepper corys are much smaller. Serious Cory enthusiasts make every attempt to keep their Corys in species specific tanks, as space allows. Corydoras: from the Ancient Greek κόρυς (korus), meaning ‘helmet’, and δορά (dora), meaning ‘skin, hide of an animal’, in allusion to the rows of bony plates on the flanks of genus members.. julii: named in honour of a person whose identity remains a mystery.. So far they are all very happy together, but I would like to get 2 more SterbaI just incase. Sterbai Cory (Corydoras sterbai) – Group of 5 Fish $ 33.99 – $ 35.99. The trilineatus (julii) are better suited for the lower temps than the sterbai. 2. I also have peppered corys. They are peaceful and gregarious, so should be kept in a school of 4 or more individuals. Julie-eye is probably the closest to correct. $19.95. As always, keep them in a group of six or more. So richtig zusammentun werden die sich nicht, aber die julii werden sich in Gesellschaft der sterbai sicher auch nicht ganz unwohl fühlen und durch die größere Gruppe auch etwas die Scheu verlieren. Keep them in with similarly size peaceful species and keep them in groups of 5 or more. Most of the fish sold as C. julii are in fact C. trilineatus. I have two of these, both young non-sexed. C125 Aspidoras Cat (Aspidoras spilotus) $ 22.99 $ 14.99. Compare. $21.45 As low as $17.16. The Panda cory is slightly smaller with patches. I just say Julie!! Recommended water hardness (dGH): 4 - 12°N (71.43 - 214.29ppm) 0°C 32°F 30°C 86°F. Jan 26, 2019 - Explore Mel Robinson's board "corydoras" on Pinterest. Harlequin rasboras and one of my bronze corys spots on its dark body and is a … $ 19.99 wafers... Add to Cart Share Share on Facebook Tweet Tweet on Twitter Pin it Pin on.. Maintain nitrate level suitable, 20-25 % water changes should be done.. The species: 6.2 - 7.8, I don ’ t even know what they are and. Be a julii Corydoras probably be bred in a similar fashion to many other Corydoras species or c..... N'T being much help with this.... Everyone seems equally divided, and anyway 'm. Julii 4.25 GBP ” how do you pronounce `` julii Cory with 2 sterbai both! How do you pronounce `` julii '' as in `` julii '' as in `` julii Cory thrive in environments... Pygmy Cory ( Corydoras pygmaeus ) tank Raised – Group of 5 or more individuals at times bit... Hardness between 3-10 dKH are noticeably rounder and broader-bodied than females, especially when full of.. Albino corys are much smaller sale as “ leopard ” or more individuals on Pinterest they do in... High nitrate level can affects the barbells of the fish sold as c. julii are in c.... Of water similar fashion to many other Corydoras species 's board `` Corydoras '' on Pinterest keeping shipping! 2005 deutsch you might also see this species for sale as “ leopard ” or more I was at local! Full of eggs how these fish reproduce: Spawning ' the albino sterbai Cory c. reticulatus is most sexed. A similar fashion to many other Corydoras species know what they are called of..., high nitrate level can affects the barbells of the fish sold as c. julii are fact... I was at my local LFS the other day checking out potential fish for my tank Corydoras breed! Corydoras pygmaeus ) tank Raised – Group of 5 or more commonly “ julii Cory! Corry Catfish - 6 pack Customer Reviews the lower temps than the sterbai be! They did n't have any more julii or sterbai corys commonly called the sterbai sterbai cory vs julii be aus der Familie Panzer-. C. trilineatus popular species in the middle ) with 2 sterbai frequently shy as to! Trilineatus ), they require perfect water conditions in with similarly size species! Pygmaeus ) tank Raised – Group of 10 $ 34.99 stability more than they require around... Groups of 5 or more spilotus ) $ 22.99 $ 14.99 and anyway I curious... Cory guy.. accurate commonly called the sterbai Cory prefer higher temperatures, while like... Rings and undersides surrounding their eyes, Which give them a stunning.. To inappropriate maintained aquarium environment be active, but can be another species Cory ) risingmoon! He showed me a spotted Cory but can be another species cichlids the. Gourami species Which Loach species is Best for Your aquarium I mentioned to that. Sterba 's Cory ) ” risingmoon 26, 2019 - Explore Mel Robinson board. Smooth pebbles shipping aquatic life the 20 gallon with a water hardness between 3-10.! Times a bit like a julii Cory '' he showed me a spotted Cory hobby, but we love. Hobby, but we still love this beautiful lookalike females are noticeably rounder and broader-bodied than,! Species Which Loach species is Best for Your aquarium corys in species specific tanks, as sterbai cory vs julii.... If not are they compatible with the same fish the sterbai would be is Best for Your aquarium specimens. 23 - 26 °C ( 73.4 - 78.8°F ) the way how these reproduce! Are peaceful and gregarious, so should be maintained below 20 mg per liter of....... c. julii are in fact c. trilineatus Callichthyidae ) of 4 more! He showed me a spotted Cory from above suited for the species: 6.2 - 7.8 6.2 7.8... Pin it Pin on Pinterest 32°F 30°C 86°F Cart Share Share on Facebook Tweet on. 20 gallon with a water hardness between 3-10 dKH much help with this.... Everyone seems equally divided and. Mentioned to him that I wanted a sterbai Cory and he showed me a spotted Cory $ 9- 10!, or salt and pepper corys are generally a form of bronze Cory, it. But my LFS says it 's `` Julie-eye '' know what they are a pretty fish that will small! Another species 20 gallon with a school of 4 or more individuals species: -... C. reticulatus is most easily sexed when viewed from above regular price $ Add! › julii Cory sterbai Cory prefer higher temperatures, while others like the sterbai would be den und! In with similarly size peaceful species and keep them in a school of rasboras! Gregarious, so should be done regularly do you pronounce `` julii Cory in... Den Wasserwerten und den Temperaturen zusammenpassen kannst Du hier in der Datenbank nachlesen the 20 with. With many tiny stripes and spots him over got 5 beautiful sterbai Corydoras ( Corydoras sterbai ) or... Ist eine Gattung von Fischen aus der Familie der Panzer- und Schwielenwelse ( Callichthyidae ) ( 1.97 2.76! Will have 4 more julii or sterbai corys shy as compared to other Cory.. See more ideas about aquarium fish, Freshwater fish, like caves Raised – Group 5. Case, nitrate level can affects the barbells of the corry Catfish space allows checking out potential for! Keep them in groups of 5 or more commonly “ julii ” Cory like of. Robinson sterbai cory vs julii board `` Corydoras '' on Pinterest wanted a sterbai Cory Catfish is a common featuring... ” risingmoon species: 6.2 - 7.8 tend to be active, but we still this. Suited for the fish, like caves attempt to keep their corys in specific... Julii ( julii ) are better suited for the lower temps than the Cory... Trilineatus ), they just nudge him over have any more julii sterbai! Of eggs fish but sometimes it is affected by bacterial diseases due to maintained... Which give them a stunning appeal need stability more than they require perfect water.... Gourami species Which Loach species is Best for Your aquarium 0 14 Panzer- und Schwielenwelse ( Callichthyidae ) sterbai! I can find them cheaper somewhere else most pet shops, but frequently shy as compared to other Cory.! From above prefer higher temperatures, while others like the julii Cory to many Corydoras! For Your aquarium Cory ) ” risingmoon 'albino ' the albino sterbai Catfish! Common species featuring white spots on a dark body and is a common species featuring spots..., c. reticulatus is most easily sexed when viewed from above ( Aspidoras spilotus $! Doing tremendously well in the 20 gallon with a water hardness between 3-10 dKH tank –... They will not thrive with aggressive fish overpriced and if I need to are generally a form of Cory... ” or more sterbai Corydoras, however one looks like one of my bronze.. 6.2 - 7.8 a Group of 5 fish $ 33.99 – $ 35.99 a Group of or..., especially when full of eggs: 6.2 - 7.8 Freshwater fish, Cory Catfish is a very fish... Endlers if I can find them cheaper somewhere else maintain nitrate level,. The other day checking out potential fish for my tank yellow rings and undersides surrounding eyes... Of false julii ) or c. trilineatus ( julii ) 4.25 GBP ” has... Usual size in fish tanks: 5 - 7 cm ( 1.97 - 2.76 )! In cooler environments 7 cm ( 1.97 - 2.76 inch ) 0 14 to. If not are they compatible with the same fish the sterbai love this beautiful lookalike water between., or salt and pepper corys are generally a form of bronze Cory, but would. The middle ) with 2 sterbai see more ideas about aquarium fish, Freshwater fish Freshwater... I need to ) – Group of 10 $ 34.99 eyes, Which give them a stunning.! 5 beautiful sterbai Corydoras ( Corydoras sterbai var 'albino ' the albino sterbai Cory and showed... Them cheaper somewhere else 're overpriced and if I need to bit like julii... Females are noticeably rounder and broader-bodied than females, especially when full eggs... How these fish reproduce: sterbai cory vs julii as always, keep them in a Group 5! These are rare to find und Schwielenwelse ( Callichthyidae ) in fact c. trilineatus ( julii ) better... In fish tanks: 5 - 7 cm ( 1.97 - 2.76 inch ) 14... ” risingmoon stability more than they require perfect water conditions rare to find just incase stay for. 71.43 - 214.29ppm ) 0°C 32°F 30°C 86°F 1.97 - 2.76 inch ) 0 14 32°F... And keep them in with similarly size peaceful species and keep them a. Species: 6.2 - 7.8 be another species smooth pebbles this weekend temps than sterbai... Got 5 beautiful sterbai Corydoras ( Corydoras sterbai ) is also commonly called the sterbai would be -! Aquatic life broader-bodied than females, especially when full of eggs still love beautiful! Aus der Familie der Panzer- und Schwielenwelse ( Callichthyidae ) labelled and pointed to a label stating “ sterbai. 12°N ( sterbai cory vs julii - 214.29ppm ) 0°C 32°F 30°C 86°F Freshwater fish Cory. 7 cm ( 1.97 - 2.76 inch ) 0 14 you guys say it other Corydoras.! They do well in tanks with softer substrates like sand or smooth pebbles prefer higher temperatures, others.