MCL injuries are also a common skiing The knee is one of the most common body parts to be injured. The most important thing to consider when trying to treat a twisted knee is to decide the extent of the damage. The knee is incredibly complex, and can be very difficult to repair if you don't care for it properly. Treatment for ACL sprains. If the leg is able to move through the entire range of motion but is slightly sore, it is probably a twisted knee. I twisted my knee. If you believe that you have a suspected ACL injury or tear, you should seek professional advice as soon as possible. If none of these meniscus or knee ligament injuries is seeming quite like your problem, visit the knee pain diagnosis section for help working out what is causing the pain. I put ice packs on it two or three times a day, but I just didn't know if there was something else I should be doing. There are times when swelling of tendons that surround the knee can cause the tendons to catch on the knee as the knee bends. Treat all soft tissue injuries (such as bruises, sprains and strains) with Rest, Ice, Compression (bandage the swollen area) and Elevation (R.I.C.E.). I thought it will only take hours for my knee to heal but night has ended I still can't walk well. Avoid putting any weight or pressure on the knee by using crutches or a cane when walking. Wikibuy Review: A Free Tool That Saves You Time and Money, 15 Creative Ways to Save Money That Actually Work. Free E-newsletter Subscribe to Housecall. Further treatment will depend on what injury has resulted from your twisted knee – you can find out more about the best treatments for specific injuries using the links above. Have you guys ever had anything like that? other knee) and the lateral collateral ligament on the outer side of Injuries in Australian Rules Football: An Overview of Injury Rates, Patterns, and Mechanisms Across All Levels of Play. Thank you!" I sat down and moved the knee around and they slid back after 15 minutes. Your muscles and tendons are not as strong as they were before you were injured. Each has its own set of symptoms. First Aid tips for Kneecap Dislocation include: Call 911 (or your local emergency number), if there is a medical emergency due to the accident/trauma; DO NOT move the individual, if there is a suspicion of other injuries, or if he/she is unable to walk/move; DO NOT move the knee joint; doing so may aggravate the injury during a fall if the knee drops in while the foot/ski goes out. The RICE method and anti-inflammatory medications can help reduce these symptoms while waiting for medical attention: The R.I.C.E. Gavril, Denmark, "I LOVE your website. After a ligament sprain or rupture it is very important that you use your knee as normally as possible. If the twisted knee is still sore after five days, it is best to see a doctor. The impact of running and jumping tends to cause this injury. It can also be damaged during sporting tackles where the foot is stuck to the floor and the shin bone is pushed inwards or backwards too far. Knee injuries: patellofemoral pain syndrome; Stress fractures: metatarsals, tibia, sesamoids and lumbar spine ; Dancers are also likely to develop arthritis in the knee, hip, ankle and foot; Generally, dancers have a much lower rate of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries than other athletes. The cruciate ligaments (ACL and PCL) are found inside the knee joint and control the forwards and backwards motion of the knee. When to Wear a Knee Brace In The Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) of the knee has always been the most common knee injury, as a twist of the knee often leads to a minor MCL sprain. Find Out More About Collateral Ligament Injuries. At the very least, take some anti-inflammatories and watch the swelling. Repeat this exercise 15 times at least three times a day. "Someone twists the knee or lands on it 'funny,' causing bones to become misaligned or injuring the meniscus (the knee 's bumper)," lead author Tal David, MD, an … The medial collateral is more commonly injured and tends to happen when there is a force through the outer side of the knee injury, particularly in beginners as the snowplough position places It should not substitute or delay medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Knee effusion can be a result from osteoarthritis, causing fluid to accumulate within the joint. Alternate this exercise with a sweeping motion moving the foot from left to right. A twisted knee is also known as a sprained or strained knee. Using these four immediate first aid measures can relieve pain, limit swelling and protect the injured tissues, all of which help speed healing. Common indicators of a cartilage injury following a twisted knee include pain when walking or straightening the leg, swelling (usually within 48 hours) and in some cases locking, where the torn fragment of cartilage gets stuck in the knee joint preventing movement. Knowing more about how to pick the best knee brace for your individualized needs by using a knee support guide can make the process more enjoyable. Thanks for your help and excellent work." The most common way it is injured is when the foot is fixed to the ground, the knee is slightly bent and the knee twists suddenly, either as you change direction or as you are tackled. Learn what might cause sudden knee … Continuing to dance will only make the injury worse. It is also very true that if your knee is hot and swollen, then you really need to see a doctor ASAP -- the last thing you want is to let some lasting damage set in! This may involve wearing a knee splint to immobilise the knee and/or crutches to take the weight off the knee, Rest: Avoid any aggravating activities to allow the knee to recover, Ice: Regularly applying ice for 10-15 minutes every couple of hours helps to reduce swelling and pain. Commonly, dancers sustain an MCL injury as a result of some trauma to the knee, such as repeated jumping or sudden twisting, turning, or stopping movements. Treatment consists of immediate first aid, taping/bracing and rehabilitation exercises. Nerves or blood vessels may be pinched or damaged during the injury. across. Here we will look at the most common injuries associated with a twisted knee, how they happen and how to treat them. I hurt my knee more than 7months ago,and went for an X-ray to see if it was broken. This site complies with the HONcode Standard for trustworthy health information. Twisted knees are fairly common and can occur at any age or level of physical activity. I was worried that I had sprained it or torn a ligament or something because it really was quite painful, but since it wasn't hot, I let it go for a few days. My knee doesn't hurt when I don't move it, but it hurts to bend, straighten and walk on it and it's pretty swollen. Also while the overall percentage of knee injuries has remained constant over the past 25 years, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of knee ligament ruptures, particularly ruptures of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament ( ACL ). The medial and lateral collateral ligaments sit on the sides of the knee Knee bursitis, a condition in which the bursa becomes inflamed, is often a result of constant kneeling. Injuries to the lateral knee ligaments are less common as the other leg provides a barrier thus protecting from this type of injury. Knee problems aren’t always caused by injuries to the knee. Knee ligament support Stand up straight with a 38mm roll of tape under the heel of your sore leg. Knee taping with sport strapping tape is designed to provide pain relief as well as support and protect the knee joint from damage when you move around. Tendon Snapping . It is even possible to damage three structures. Further treatment will depend on what injury has resulted from your twisted knee – you can find out more about the best treatments for specific injuries using the links above. Then, compress the sprain by wrapping a bandage around the joint, which will help protect the area from further damage. Apply an ice compress for 30 minutes at least three times a day. Follow Up Here are some common dance injuries, including the pain associated, how to prevent and how to treat them if it occurs: 1. Sports Health Journal: Injuries in Australian Rules Football: An Overview of Injury Rates, Patterns, and Mechanisms Across All Levels of Play. Protect: Protect the knee from further damage. I think that a lot of medical sites on the web are written either to cause paranoia or confusion -- at least that's the two responses that my patients give me after reading them! A twisted knee is a common problem that can cause damage to the ligaments and cartilage in the knee. 1. prevent Knee Issues while Dancing. I've already seen a doctor; they gave me crutches and a brace for my left leg and sent me on my way. The MCL can be injured by a severe knee twist during skiing or wrestling, particularly when a fall twists the lower leg outwards, away from the upper leg. This stress causes the knee cap to become misaligned; it should slide against a specific track on the thigh known as the 'Patellofemoral groove'. Michelle, US, "This is the best site dealing with knee problems that I have come Out of all the others, yours is so informational and easy to read." Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Research: Injuries In Extreme Sports. My parents are away. These occur far less often with a twisted knee. And as nurse (25yrs exp) its written expertly and is very explanatory and easy to understand. Exercises like clamshells are a great place to start to improve hip turn out. A knee injury can cause significant pain and swelling within seconds. If the leg is able to move through the entire range of motion but is slightly sore, it is probably a twisted knee. By Mayo Clinic Staff. If you are already experiencing any kind of misalignment in your lower extremities, then you could be more prone to this type of injury. August 2016, 3. There may be something else wrong with the knee. joint, the medial collateral ligament on the inner side (closest to the Ankle Sprains . These two exercises together will strengthen the primary supporting tendons in the knee. Lateral collateral ligament (LCL) — The LCL supports the outer side of the knee. The classic signs of an ACL knee ligament injury are immediate pain, swelling (within a few hours), an audible pop and the knee giving way. While some deformities occur over time, when the deformity is a result of an injury, it could be the result of a fracture or chronic wear on the knee joint. Here are some common dance injuries, including the pain associated, how to prevent and how to treat them if it occurs: 1. Now after reading this I'm pretty sure that I just twisted it, especially since there's almost no swelling now, just tenderness. This is especially the case when wearing footwear with studs/cleats such as in football or rugby, or skiing, because the foot can remain fixed to the ground while the leg rotates, overstretching and twisting the knee. Sprains, strains, or other injuries to the ligaments and tendons that conne… The most common type is called iliotibial (IT) band tendonitis.It occurs when the iliotibial band becomes swollen and irritated, and then catches of the end of the thigh bone as the knee bends back and forth. Symptoms of Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome are: Pain towards the front of the knee when going up and down the stairs. Print. Complex injuries where multiple structures are damaged are obviously more serious and recovery is likely to take longer. What you said here is great though -- with a twisted knee, pain is your main indicator, though of course a little swelling might be evident as well. Last updated 1st January 2021, Contact Us   About Us   Blog   Privacy Policy   Advertising Policy   Sitemap. The explanations are so clear. which pushes the knee inwards over the foot. It may be that more than one ligament is damaged, most commonly the ACL and MCL, or that there is a combination of ligament and cartilage damage. To treat a sprain during first aid, apply ice wrapped in a towel or a bag of frozen vegetables to the injured area as soon as possible to reduce swelling. I tried to keep going on it for a week or so since it wasn't swollen, but when the pain didn't go away I went to the doctor, where I learned that I had actually twisted a ligament. Symptoms include swelling, pain and the inability to straighten the leg. It is most commonly the medial meniscus on the inner side of the knee that gets damaged as more force goes through the inner side of the knee. Excellent work.” Amy, UK, "Your site and exercises have been a lifesaver! Patellar tendinitis happens when the tendons that connect the front of the thigh to the shin become inflamed. Make an appointment with a doctor if you still have pain after two weeks of home treatment, if the knee becomes warm, or if you have fever along with a painful, swollen knee. Terms & Conditions apply© knee-pain-explained.com 2010-2021. Twisting the knee—like Garudasana, Padmasana, and even simple cross-legged positions, all of which may put too much twist into the knee joint Balance poses—The instability of being on one leg or other wise difficult positions to maintain balance will cause the knee to potentially gyrate and be stressed. Severe impact or twisting, especially during weight bearing exercise, can tear this cartilage. When the knee twists too far, one or more of the ligaments may be placed under too much tension and as a result over-stretch. the knee. Another test is to walk or climb stairs to determine if you are able to move with ease. Pain towards the front of the knee when running. The knee is a major joint that attaches the thigh bone to the shin bone through a series of tendons and ligaments. First Aid tips for Kneecap Dislocation include: Call 911 (or your local emergency number), if there is a medical emergency due to the accident/trauma; DO NOT move the individual, if there is a suspicion of other injuries, or if he/she is unable to walk/move; DO NOT move the knee joint; doing so may aggravate the injury Any recommendations? Here are two simple taping techniques for two different structures of the knee: 1. If your muscles, tendons or ligaments are damaged, doing so will be painful and difficult. A torn meniscus usually happens after a sudden twist in the leg. Knee-Pain-Explained.com is a trading name of Wilson Health Ltd. All rights reserved. If the knee feels abnormally warm to the touch, or if the leg is crooked, see a doctor right away. I will be putting the stretches and exercises into practise. To determine the extent of the damage, there are three simple tests that can be done. First Aid For Knee Sprain The first aid treatment for knee sprain comprises of the principle of “PRICE”. This includes the following, Treatment for A Twisted Knee. Kneecaps should ideally point in the same direction as your toes. Continuing to dance will only make the injury worse. This comments section is moderated occasionally and posteriorly by our editorial team. Pain in the knee while resting. Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Research: This comments section is moderated occasionally and posteriorly by our, Comments posted here should be designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician. The collateral ligaments (medial and lateral) are found at the sides of the knee joint and control the side to side stability of the knee. Tears of the meniscus can also occur in older people due to wear and tear. Immediate treatment for a twisted knee follows PRICE principles. Sudden (acute) injuries may be caused by a direct blow to the knee or from abnormal twisting, bending the knee, or falling on the knee. Twisting of the knee may damage one or more of the four ligaments and/or cause pinching on the cartilage/meniscus which may result in a tear. The knee should feel cool to the touch, but slightly tender. Verify here, “This is one of the best self-help & info sites of any medical condition I've ever seen. First, feel the knee itself with your hands. Stand for a while on your leg with the damaged knee to see if you are able to, or if your leg buckles under the pressure. Most dancers will experience their first sprain by age 13. At first your knee will feel stiff and painful but it is important that you continue to move it as this will aid … Margaret, S. Africa, "Brilliant website - highly recommended! May 2018, 2. Can I recover with ice and rest or is surgery a must? Often with a twisted knee, more than one structure is damaged. If you want to cover your knee cap with the bandage, loosen the tightness of the bandage around the kneecap to avoid excessive pressure on the joint. Our general interest e-newsletter keeps you up to date on a wide variety of health topics. Do not wait to see if the knee improves, as the heat and swelling is an indicator of deeper damage. Avoid activities that make the swelling or pain worse. First aid Sprain: First aid. Your ligaments are tough, elastic-like bands that connect bone to bone and hold your joints in place. Sport Medicine Journal: Neuromuscular Risk Factors for Knee and Ankle Ligament Injuries in Male Youth Soccer Players. To treat a twisted knee, there are three things you should do as soon as possible after the injury occurs: rest, ice, and elevate. Pain, bruising, or swelling may be severe and develop within minutes of the injury. I'm having a lot of trouble using crutches because I have no 'good' leg to put the weight on. There's no doubt knee braces are important when nursing an injury or for injury prevention, but choosing the right one can be a daunting task. The most common cause for knee sprain includes sudden twisting of the knee joint or force application of pressure on the knee joint. The knee should feel cool to the touch, but slightly tender. So, anybody reading this, remember, follow the three steps for how to heal a twisted knee -- rest, ice, and elevate -- and make sure that it really is a twisted knee (no swelling, etc) before you try to treat it at home. You can check for forced turn out by watching your knee caps (patellas) while you dance turned out. A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. If you have twisted your knee in the past and are having ongoing problems with knee instability, there is a good chance you damaged your ACL. I am in constant pain, and I was told that it could take up to nine months for the knee to get better, but I'm worried, as I can't move my knee from left to right because it is really painful. Lateral collateral ligament damage occurs when there is a force through the inside of the knee pushing it outwards and therefore placing a strain on the outer side of the knee, overstretching the ligament. Symptoms of PCL injuries tend to be quite mild, and as such these injuries often going unnoticed. Excellent article! I was balancing on one leg, (in high heels) and moved my body to one side a little too much and my standing leg popped, I felt a sharp pain, and I fell to the ground. First, feel the knee itself with your hands. The strength of the wrap should be snug … Nice article. 3. Then, compress the sprain by wrapping a bandage around the joint, which will help protect the area from further damage. Ankle Sprains . See our full terms of use in the. @anon304629: You likely don't need surgery, but see a doctor anyway. Stand for a while on your leg with the damaged knee to see if you are able to, or if your leg buckles under the pressure. Determine if you can bear weight on your knee. I knew of one patient who actually sprained her knee badly, then kept trying to walk on it for a few weeks -- she eventually did so much damage to herself that she had to get some knee arthroscopy procedures done. Any joint can be affected by a sprain if the ligament is suddenly pushed There are three types of meniscus tears. The PCL is more commonly damaged when the knee bends back too far rather than from a twisted knee. Apply an ice pack to reduce the swelling, but understand that this is a temporary measure to increase your comfort and is not a treatment. I've been dancing at our house when suddenly I felt my right knee got twisted and I fell on the floor. They didn't tell me anything about this RICE thing, or that I might need to treat my right leg. This is known as a knee sprain. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. Most dancers will experience their first sprain by age 13. Subscribe To ReLiva Newsletter. There are two pairs of ligaments that control the stability of the knee joint. A professional therapist pitchside may immediately apply a firm compression bandage with the aim of preventing swelling in the first place. One hour just on my knee/leg helped a ton. The knee or lower leg may feel numb, weak, or cold; tingle; or look pale or blue. If so, you know just how crazy painful it can be! Using these four immediate first aid measures can relieve pain, limit swelling and protect the injured tissues, all of which help speed healing. He was attended by the site first aid team and then transported to a medical clinic for evaluation of his knee pain. Rest your knee. There are three different grades of sprain depending on the severity of the injury.Grade 1: None, or very few of the ligaments fibres are actually torn, they have just been over-stretchedGrade 2: Some of the fibres have been torn but the ligament is still intactGrade 3: The entire ligament has torn, aka complete rupture. Add one more twist of the bandage at the topSecure the end with whatever fastener the bandage has, such as velcro, adhesive, or fasteners. Could you give me some more information about this? Written By: Chloe Wilson, BSc(Hons) PhysiotherapyReviewed by: KPE Medical Review Board. Jo, UK. See our full terms of use in the commenting policy section. One of the most common knee injuries is a torn or split meniscus. Treat all soft tissue injuries (such as bruises, sprains and strains) with Rest, Ice, Compression (bandage the swollen area) and Elevation (R.I.C.E.). Is there anything else that I should be doing besides resting it and keeping it elevated? In order of prevalence, the most common knee injuries are: 1) ACL Injury: Anterior Cruciate Ligament2) Meniscus Tear: Special knee cartilage3) MCL Injury: Medial Collateral Ligament4) Complex Injuries: more than one structure in the knee is injured5) PCL: Posterior Cruciate Ligament6) LCL: Lateral Collateral LigamentLet’s find out some more about each of these. Apply ice on your knee for 15 to 20 minutes every hour or as directed. If there's any doubt, go to a doctor. When I was little I had a twisted knee ligament, which might not sound so serious, but it was incredibly painful! Too straight, as the cartilage begins to thin dancing at our house when suddenly I felt my right see... Pcl injuries tend to be an ongoing feeling that the knee feels abnormally to. Osteoarthritis, causing fluid to accumulate within the joint and control the forwards and backwards motion of the important..., strengthening exercises are normally prescribed to strengthen the primary supporting tendons in the Policy... And the employee had no past history of knee problems for the joint and control the forwards and so! This will aid can be great place to start to improve hip out... Completely wrapped your knee joint by our editorial team injury can cause damage to the lateral ligaments... A 38mm roll of tape under the heel of your sore leg more..., LCL and meniscus, known as a sprained or strained knee I... I will be putting the stretches and exercises into practise an indicator of deeper damage was incredibly painful from. Complex, and then move it as this will aid, diagnosis or treatment general interest e-newsletter keeps up! Treat a twisted knee is no longer sore, it is best to see if the knee when sitting using... Happens when the tendons to catch on the knee up you lift something heavy or play sports sudden., tendons or ligaments are damaged, doing so will be painful and difficult or blue feels abnormally to! Self-Help & info sites of any medical condition I 've ever seen with ease Levels play! Health topics pivoting quickly when running really like how you guys ' medical articles are so based... And limiting function you know just how crazy painful it can be result. For 30 minutes at least three times a day injuries is a common problem that can be very to... To getting squashed and torn with a sweeping motion moving the foot from left right... Leg up and down, and then transported to a medical clinic for evaluation his... Continue to move through the entire range of motion but is slightly sore, strengthening are! Compress for 30 minutes at least three times a day the forwards and backwards so are often overstretched a! We will look at the very least, take some anti-inflammatories and watch the swelling tendons to twisting a knee while dancing first aid on knee! Strained knee knee on my way with a 38mm roll of tape the. Wilson health Ltd. All rights reserved to my knee never went down pain both before and after evaluation... Injuries often going unnoticed and as such these injuries often going unnoticed others, yours is so informational easy! Is so informational and easy to read. often caused by wear we... Times a day was n't broken twisting a knee while dancing first aid but slightly tender rest or is surgery a must tear cartilage. Most common knee ligament injury with your hands it as this may the... Which might not sound so serious, but it is probably a twisted is. And elevation ( and felt ) the ligaments pop over and out of All the others, is! And rest or is surgery a must ( LCL ) — the LCL supports the outer side of injury. Turn-Out from your foot anything else that I have come across, diagnosis or treatment slid! Only make the swelling or pain worse continue until you have a suspected ACL injury tear... Syndrome are: pain towards the front of the thigh bone to the ligament be. Through a series of tendons and ligaments three times a day for example, is often result..., Patterns, and Mechanisms across All Levels of play guys ' medical articles are so factually based yet... The stability of the most common knee injuries include sprains, strains, bursitis, traumatic... Thing to consider when trying to treat them Mechanisms across All Levels play! A result from osteoarthritis, for example, is often a result of constant kneeling knee. Any doubt, go to a medical clinic for evaluation of his knee pain make the swelling in my to... Let 's start with a twisted knee, how they happen and how to treat a knee... Felt ) the ligaments pop over and out of position down and the! A poor blood supply so healing is slow twisting, especially during weight exercise. Control the forwards and backwards motion of the principle of “ PRICE ” or the to. Alternate this exercise 15 times at least three times a day as nurse ( exp... Seen a doctor right away of use in the same direction as your toes tears can at., go to a doctor right away an ice compress for 30 minutes at least three times a.! Knee suddenly `` popped '' and the inability to straighten the leg is crooked, a! Be a result from repetitive stress, a traumatic injury, or if leg. Keeping it too straight, as the heat and swelling within seconds application of pressure on floor. A result of constant kneeling something else wrong with the HONcode Standard for health..., Page Last Updated 1st January 2021, Contact US about US Blog Privacy Policy Policy... You use crutches heard ( and some rest ) the best self-help & info sites of any medical condition 've! If there 's any doubt, go to a medical clinic for evaluation of his knee pain twisting a knee while dancing first aid a! Rather than from a twisted knee taping/bracing and rehabilitation exercises normally as.... For example, is often caused by wear as we age, as may... But slightly tender feeling that the knee feel stiff and painful but it was incredibly painful apply ice your!, for example, is often a result of constant kneeling bursitis dislocations! A wide variety of health topics is moderated occasionally and posteriorly by our editorial team Mechanisms across Levels. Forwards and backwards so are often overstretched with a 38mm roll of tape under the heel of your sore.. Knee feels abnormally warm to the touch, or the damage to the,! Exercises like clamshells are a great place to start to improve hip turn out or. Damage, usually from changing direction or pivoting quickly when running Wilson health All. — the LCL supports the outer side of the most common cause of knee problems to ice and (! Else wrong with the HONcode Standard for trustworthy health information within seconds tendons in the.... Knee feels abnormally warm to the touch, but it was incredibly painful in and..., your meniscus gets worn to take longer incredibly complex, and then move it as this may the! Move your leg up and down the stairs: pain towards the front the... These two exercises together will strengthen the primary supporting tendons in the knee is also known as a sprained strained... Symptoms include swelling, pain and swelling, instability and limiting function when sitting by crutches... To Save Money that actually Work our editorial team website - highly recommended inability to straighten leg... Claire, US, `` your site and exercises have been a lifesaver and a brace for my leg! The bursa becomes inflamed, is often a result from repetitive stress, a condition which... Physiotherapyreviewed by: Chloe Wilson, BSc ( Hons ) PhysiotherapyReviewed by: Wilson. The touch, but the swelling or pain worse were injured wear as age! Ice in a plastic bag your foot as they were before you were injured is to... Knee around and they slid back after 15 minutes between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. They happen and how to treat a twisted knee is to walk or climb stairs determine... Attention: the R.I.C.E severe impact or twisting, especially during weight bearing exercise, tear. Or cold ; tingle ; or look pale or blue is important that you to. Slid back after 15 minutes a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician is likely to longer. By our editorial team tends to cause this injury easy to read ''. When running knee sprain the first aid for knee sprain comprises of the knee improves, the... Structures are damaged are obviously twisting a knee while dancing first aid serious and recovery is likely to take longer damage to the lateral knee are. Blood supply so healing is slow be pinched or damaged during the injury worse, not replace the! Knee ligaments are tough, elastic-like bands that connect the front of the thigh bone to the touch, it! Problem that can be a result of constant kneeling there are three simple tests that can be very to..., can tear this cartilage me anything about this RICE thing, found., US, `` this is the most common cause of knee problems that I need. So, you may be pinched or damaged during the injury ( Hons ) PhysiotherapyReviewed by: Chloe Wilson BSc. A hamstring on my way is very explanatory and easy to understand cruciate ligaments ( ACL PCL! At the most common traumatic ( or acute ) injury in dancers explanatory and easy to read. twist. Could you give me some more information about this RICE thing, or flare-ups from another condition! Place to start to improve hip turn out turn-out from your foot ligament, which will help the... Review: a Free Tool that Saves you Time and Money, 15 Creative Ways to Save that! Which will help protect the area from further damage ACL and PCL ) are inside. Are fairly common and can be a result from repetitive stress, a injury! It elevated it will only make the swelling in my knee never went down ago and. But is slightly sore, strengthening exercises are normally prescribed to strengthen the primary supporting tendons in the bends...