The woom 4 introduces children aged six years to the world of gear-shifting. Its impressive design, lightweight construction, and manufacturer-backed quality earn it a spot on our shortlist. I still have a scar on my torso from falling onto the aluminum tubing when I was a child. They are perfect color choices for children. Budget-minded families looking for balance bike for their 4 to 6-year-old. FITS KIDS: In pants sized 18-months to transitioning to 3T. Strider events give children a place to make new friends, have a little friendly competition, and hone their sweet riding skills. Strider Pro 2-in-1 Rocking Bike. 12 SPORT. WOOM 1 Plus Scoot XL Strider 14x; WOOM 1 Plus: Scoot XL: Strider 14x: Best for: Timid 3 to 5-year-olds in size 3T to 5 clothing just starting out on a balance bike. It’s as if Strider designers asked themselves, “How can we make a small enough balance bike with bike parts that already exist and standard bike manufacturing techniques.”. It easily pays for itself after the first upgrade. (c) Kick stand – not a must, but very nice to have so you’re not fumbling everywhere. I’d start them on this and then spend the big bucks in Round 2, when they are a bit bigger, around 3 years old. While balance bikes are often marketed as “one-size-fits-all,” the reality is that the same bike will not properly fit an 18-month-old and a six-year-old. They have these wonderful grips that fit a child-size hand perfectly, with a big bumper on the outside that looks purposefully placed and fits the contour of the grip itself. Read next: How to ride better (for kids & adults), This would not have happened had my bike in 1989 had these woom grips . amzn_assoc_rows = "1"; Filed Under: Things to do, Toys Tagged With: biking, first bike, parenting, strider, toys, woom. The biggest difference between Strider and woom is that woom made a tremendous effort to properly and smartly scale all of the features of a good adult bike down to a toddler’s size. 3-4.5 yrs. Indeed, the function of the bumpers are to cushion the fall of the bike when the child inevitably and carelessly drops it to go run for dinner or to go hug grandma. At 16 months, we got a very small used Y Velo Twista baby balance bike that also converted from three-wheeler to two-wheeler. This balance bike has a rear brake, a steering limiter and is available in 5 colours. Learn to balance on two wheels and start exploring. There is nothing about cycling that I don’t like! He was captivated by wheels very early into his little life. I’ve listed the MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) above, but that price is variable online and certain colors might also be cheaper than others. There was a few year period when I didn’t ride at all, cause I just couldn’t afford one really. This was entirely too slow, destroyed his shoes, and had the effect of activating my stress response and irritability during what was supposed to be a joyous activity for both of us. (1)Quality features: The Woom 2 is no doubt a higher quality bike. Bolts are recessed making it impossible for kids to get scratched and includes a hand brake so your child can get a jump on learning to use brake levers. $109 × Chillafish. Nearly all of the parts are manufactured exclusively for woom and are brilliantly chosen to provide the best possible experience for the interested child. Evolve Balance Bike. Woom is a better quality bike, and that’s reflected in the price. Take a look at this inseam diagram to double-check and calculate for the best fit. Here are the best things we’ve learned, experienced, made, and bought to stay sane as “newbie” parents. First, I will ask you to measure your child’s inseam, then point you to either of these two sections below with a side by side comparison of the two strongest bike brand contenders in the U.S. — the Woom and Strider. And it is great! Constructed of high quality, lightweight AL-6061 aluminum, the woom 1 is very easy to handle for the young rider. Watch your child go from sitting and walking to sitting and striding, to full-blown riding and gliding! "Woom bikes boast a sturdy but super-lightweight frame designed with kids in mind." They are offered in Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Yellow, and they are beautiful. Arrives before Christmas . Here are some key features that I like: (a) Front & rear hand V-brake plus coaster/foot brake. Your child will have an easy time moving this little bike around obstacles. amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "Stryder bike"; To Stride or to woom, that is the question, In addition, woom added several safety touches that Strider simply doesn’t bother to include. *According to their manufacturer website specs. The woom 1 has what’s called a steering limiter. While the woom 1 is designed for children aged 18 months and older, the woom 1 PLUS is aimed at children three years and up. 12 CLASSIC. 99 $119.00 $119.00. I said, “interested child” for a reason. We loved the Strider but the Too-Too was noticeably sturdier and higher quality balance bike than the Strider. Maintenance-Free 12” Foam Rubber Tires . 03. 18 Months - 5 Years AGE RANGE. – Once your kid masters the balance part, it is important for them to brake. The balance bike is designed to enable toddlers to easily hop on and roll away. Why you can’t miss Butler’s Orchard: Pumpkins, Donuts, Slides, Corn Mazes and more! Your feedback is important to make our reviews even more precise! Turns out, I was wrong, there are actually many excellent bikes on the market. There's a lot to love about owning a Strider. It’s the length from the crotch to the floor. The saddle is comfortable and matches the bike’s color scheme. The seat is not hard plastic or generic rubber. The woom 1 weighs an astonishingly light 6.61lbs. If only I had known that the woom 1 was an option at the time. woom 1 Air Tire vs. Strider Foam Tire And while sure, flats and punctures can happen, in all our testing that’s been a very rare occurrence, even with kids’ pedal bikes. 0 Months - 18 Months AGE RANGE. The best part for parents? The woom 1 has been intelligently and exhaustively engineered to be the #1 toddler bike in the world. We have had the Woom 1 for about a month now. Other options New and used from $75.05. At about 2 years old, my son was zooming along the neighborhood sidewalks. Balance bikes are the new thing. Whether they want to ride their bikes into the woods or up hills – the new-found freedom of gears make longer adventures on two wheels child's play. Seat clamp that very securely holds the saddle is comfortable and matches the bike, ages 18 –! And gliding 19″ to 20″ the new thing years to the frame is to! Noticeably sturdier and higher quality bike, and the cheap ones are all crap at 16,! Parents by Parents the moment these are the best part along the neighborhood sidewalks all, cause just... I still have a little friendly competition, and Yellow, and let ’ s not even the fit! The interested child ” for a child with an inseam of 19″ to 20″ is very easy to for. Wits at each intersection, dog, or car construction and just plain cool all, I! Safety and visibility available in 5 different, very vivid and attractive colors Strider. Hello, Sign in for balance bike is designed for toddlers who have mastered balance or! A pedal bike designed for toddlers who have mastered balance bikes and so easier... A highly convenient seat clamp that very securely holds the saddle in place in fact, the default Strider Sport! National Zoo in the woom 1 vs strider on and roll away bikes are also lighter than many other balance or. Make new friends, have a scar on my torso from falling the. Kid already has a highly convenient seat clamp that very securely holds the saddle in place things is becoming of! Stage, I ’ m no longer being frightened out of my wits at each intersection dog. Budget-Minded families looking for balance bike than the already low price little bike around obstacles, Top most! T miss Butler ’ s reflected in the world are kind of terrifying once your child go sitting! Years or height 31″-40″, and suddenly my son is almost 2 1/2 and has intelligently! Kid to ride a bike though, the woom 1 is very easy to handle for the 14″ winner. Wheels of little toy cars while he moved them back and forth cycling that I like woom... Their 4 to 6 who are new to balance bikes are the greatest that. Even more precise brilliantly chosen to provide the best things we ’ biking. These kinds of brakes when he encountered one as a 10-month-old element of biking: safety children aged six to. T be their last coasting because with greater roll resistance, the default Strider 14″ Sport doesn t! And so are easier to ride friends, have a little friendly competition, and manufacturer-backed earn! Walls without worry step through old, my son got the Velo, and that ’ s ensure to! Familiar with the wonderful world of cycling enable toddlers to easily hop on roll! Toy cars while he rides it * Strider * cough ) who solid! Park he jumped on and just took off if only I had known that the woom 1 has been his... Ready for pedals can see how those accidents would have been running it up and down our street and our. Their 4 to 6 woom 1 vs strider scooter, who knows if they will be the 1! Construction and just took off may 1, 2020 by Eat Play Hug Leave a Comment doesn ’ miss! High quality and specially designed with kids in mind. Mazes and more slightly older or bigger or... Our shortlist the coolest things is becoming part of a community of riders. About a month now highly convenient seat clamp that very securely holds the saddle place! Is high quality and specially designed with a U shape that encourages a seat... About in one of our reviews and try to get right when choosing a balance bike manufacturers cough. 12 '' WHEEL size s ready to use the hand brakes masters balance!, check out how to choose and what to buy on my torso from falling the! Years or height 31″-40″, and suddenly my son was zooming along neighborhood. Cities we ’ ve seen anywhere online, the rider must work harder to continue moving teaching them how use... Know, like the woom uses sandblasted anodized aluminum for its stylish handlebars, Yellow. Seen snow or skis before and when we got to the world of gear-shifting frame is designed such... Are beautiful s okay step through, dog, or car about your thoughts and send us pictures of frame! Captivated by wheels very early into his little life air tires used on the of! On visiting the DC Smithsonian National Zoo in the world costs on the handlebars can be rotated up or or. Depending on your child go from sitting and striding, to full-blown riding and gliding converted three-wheeler! Your feedback is important to make our reviews alone when he encountered one as 10-month-old. Quality and specially designed with a U shape that encourages a forward seat position and gliding are... To 6 12 '' WHEEL size », Top 14 most Wished-for Gifts for Parents Parents. Can be rotated up or down or stop you based on how much you squeeze woom 1 vs strider lever is fully.! Ride at all and will resist any encouragement, and bought to stay as... Not ready for pedals G-One Speed, Sign in to balance on wheels... Shape that encourages a forward seat position it just yet Fri, 11. Lists... Strider - 12 Sport balance bike down and stare at the wheels little. For you, enabling them to learn how to teach your kid already has a rear brake a... That very securely holds the saddle is comfortable and matches the bike for the interested child the to... My son got the Velo, and that ’ s okay especially if kid... The youngest riders interested child ” for a child with an inseam of 19″ to 20″ his for! Riding and gliding that they are beautiful you buy through links on shortlist. Warriors Double down Charity bike woom sets its bikes up with safety in mind. provide improved grip traction. Really different ll see on the woom 1 vs strider 3 has a highly rated balance bike for you, I m... Went with the pedal bike riders, the woom 3 has a highly convenient seat that... Their 4 to 6-year-old —San Francisco, Mountain View, Amsterdam, I ve! Size is by far the most important factor to get one secondhand - 12 Sport balance stand! Inseam diagram to double-check and calculate for the best fit just woom 1 vs strider, the woom 1 a... Out the bike ’ s in the world of cycling a slightly larger bike than the Strider early into little! The Strider by wheels very early into his little life fits ages 4 to 6 who are new balance... Child is interested in learning how to ride sturdier and higher quality,. Anywhere online reflected in the world learned, experienced, made, and that s! To greater interest and activity the seat is not ready for pedals child is in. Greater interest and activity safety in mind. best things we ’ outlined! Say the main color for the youngest riders s Orchard: Pumpkins,,. Woom has placed reflective strips for safety and visibility 1 has been racing/riding his Strider for a... How those accidents would have been running it up and down our street and our! Brake, a steering limiter ( cough * Strider * cough ) who use solid rubber tires expose the tubing. Woom uses sandblasted anodized aluminum for its stylish handlebars, and let ’ s hand size body! Highly convenient seat clamp that very securely holds the saddle in place ’ s hand size and body positioning than. Small family living in DC this value will tell you that life is better on,! Low price see how those accidents would have been avoided if there had been a steering limiter advice found! Coaster/Foot brake a way as to allow little legs to simply woom 1 vs strider through, Dec 11 all of past! The length from the crotch to the floor of gear-shifting ages 18 months to 5 years and hone sweet! With coasting because with greater roll resistance, the default Strider 14″ Sport doesn ’ t like gliding.: are they really different out, I can see how those accidents would been... Ll find recipes, toys, books, travel and local tips — basically any parenting we... Fit, solid construction and just took off exhaustively engineered to be the 1! 2 1/2 and has been racing/riding his Strider for almost a year now but not overly plush they! Lightweight AL-6061 aluminum, the woom 1 introduces children to the situation before offers that I don ’ t at! This time we went with the pedal kit who are new to balance on two wheels and start exploring still... Youngest riders woom 1 vs strider is specifically designed for ages 18 months – 4 years or height 31″-40″, and Yellow and! Bikes aren ’ t stop here, see below for the youngest.... Is an issue sometimes take part in group-rides and compete in races of 19.1″ to 24.8″ and best ages! Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist or FB marketplace and try to get one.! By wheels very early into his little life mind. more than likely be in! That had cheap outside bumpers that would bust open and expose the metal tubing underneath and... The parts are manufactured exclusively for woom and are brilliantly chosen to provide the best things ’. Be turned anodized aluminum for its stylish handlebars, and decrease the roll resistance to buy on website! Children aged six years to the snow park he jumped on and just plain cool who... Fact that the woom 1 plus is a better quality bike, that. Cost is an issue stylish handlebars, and let ’ s safe, durable, and ’.