FN pistols have a similar look, distinctive and spare. FFL Requirements This item can only be shipped to a Licensed Federal Firearms Dealer. The second magazine is a 12-rounder with an extended finger hook polymer base pad. In a real-life situation, you need to make sure the known threat is neutralized before... Walther's Q4 Steel Frame is a carry-friendly version of its popular Q5 Match SF. ICE Agent files $10 Million Lawsuit Against Sig Sauer, Meet The First Women Navy SEALs JJ and Olga Rakanova, Delta Force Member and Veteran Found Dead at Ft. Bragg, A former Delta Force operator’s Glock 17 setup, Green Beret Pleads Not Guilty in Murders at Illinois Bowling Alley. Both the 9mm and .40 S&W, along with all the FNS pistols, come with an optional manual safely. I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these for a long time. There is no restrike capability like you’d get with a double-action revolver; if you pull the trigger and nothing happens, you’ll have to work the slide to get going again. There was just the tiniest bit of play between the slide and frame, and the barrel locked up solid. The cold-hammer-forged barrel is stainless steel as well, with a black finish. The base pad is angled so it won’t print any more than the flush base pad. It’s how we can continue producing high quality coverage of warfare and global issues for you to enjoy. FN FNS-9 BAX Pistol Replica. Fear not, the FNS-C does not have a revolver-esque long, heavy, double-action trigger pull but rather one similar to all other striker-fired guns: a bit of plasticky take-up, then a slightly “sproinky” break. FNS-40 has a VERY SMALL contoured frame-mounted manual safety that is ideally placed for easy disengagement with both thumbs. Some shooters don’t like this type of safety. FNH USA delivered some 1,900 FNS pistols that were built in Columbia, South … This version of the.40 Smith and Wesson cartridges features a 205-grain bullet at about 850 fps. As for the magazines, the full-size 9mm FNS had a 17-round magazine, and FN earned big kudos by supplying each pistol with three magazines. © 2020 The SOFREP Media Group. The FNS-C is reduced enough in size to be easily concealed, but it’s still large enough to be comfortably shot. The FNS-40 Compact offers the same features as the standard models but has 3.6” barrels and is designed to be snag-free for better concealment and a faster draw. These are captured recoil springs in a steel guide rod assembly. FN FNS – wethepeopleholsters.com. Now before you say, “Great, another polymer pistol just like the rest,” check out some of the unique features that we are very excited to test out on the range. (Versions of this gun are available with a polished silver slide.) Glock 26 vs. FNS-9 Compact: Handgun Review. This handgun lives up to what Ruger wanted to build: a solid, dependable, easy-racking carry/home defense pistol at a better-than-reasonable price. Total trigger travel including take-up was half an inch, with a quarter-inch reset. This is very thoughtful. Right now one of the bandwagons gun writers are jumping on is the perception the HK VP9 is the “greatest striker-fired gun ever!” This is a mystery to me not only because just about every other gun company is already making a polymer-framed, striker-fired gun, but also because most of them are as good as or better than the HK VP9. So when I ran across a used FN FNS 40 S&W in 99% condition at my local gun gun shop, and snapped it up for $399.00 out the door. Taurus introduces the compact version of their wildly successful 9mm pistol; the G3. Out of the box the FNS-40 shot to the left, which was caused by me pushing the trigger to … Brandon Webb’s Red Circle Mastermind Group - Click Here To Sign Up Now → The barrel has an integral feed ramp, and both it and the chamber are polished. The Taurus G3 9mm semiautomatic pistol is now available in a compact format: the Taurus G3c. The FNS-C is available in 9mm and .40 S&W. From Smith & Wesson, the M&P Shield M2.0 is a great option for a carry gun with optics option. Compact Carry Pistols Are Effective With Practice, Self-Defense: How to Search for Additional Threats, The New Speer Gold Dot G2 Duty Handgun Load. FNH USA has plans to sell versions of the FNS-C with an ambidextrous manual frame-mounted safety at the top rear of the frame, but this pistol was not so equipped. It sure seems like the striker is slightly pre-cocked inside the slide before trigger pull, so I don’t know if technically it is a true double action. (5 customer reviews) FNH FNS-40 40 S&W Pistol (No Manual Safety) Style: 66760; Department: Firearms > Handgun Semi-Auto; FNH FNS-40 Compact 40 S&W Carry Conceal Pistol Notify Me When Available; Style: 66721; Department: Firearms > Handgun Semi-Auto (2 customer reviews) FNH FNS-9 Compact 9mm Carry Conceal Pistol Style: 66719; Department: Firearms > Handgun Semi-Auto (1 … Here are just 10 of my criteria and factors I use for evaluating any handgun, so I will use them for the FNS-9C. Review: FNS-9 Compact - OutdoorHub. Red Circle Mastermind - Sign Up →. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Subscriber Services. One thing to remember when shooting and carrying compact models is you will take a slight hit when it comes to velocities. All Handguns subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. They’re steel three-dots, with a no-snag rear and post front, both dovetailed into the slide. Criteria and Considerations for this FNS-9 Compact 9mm Review. There are a couple of features that set this pistol apart from competitors such as the Glock brand of handguns. FN FNH FNS-9 9mm Pistol, Rebuild Control Pieces. The trigger itself is all polymer with a wide, rounded face. One of the first agencies to adopt the new FNS pistol was the Baltimore County Police Department. The magazines are steel with a cool blackish-purple finish. It is appropriately named a “compact.” It’s small enough to conceal well in a holster or in a bag or purse, but it’s not a “pocket gun” because it’s too big and heavy for that. Performance is still impressive, just in a more compact package. At its thickest point, the ambidextrous slide release is 1.3 inches wide and has a total length of 6.7 inches, making the FNS Compact small and light enough for daily carry. Muzzle rise was sharp when shooting +P loads, but the gun was not hard on my hands even with the hottest ammo. One of the 12 round magazines has a flush baseplate, while the other has an angled baseplate that provides a shelf for the pinky finger to rest upon without adding length to the backstrap. FNH FNS-40 Compact 40 S&W Carry Conceal Pistol $599.00 $329.99; Notify Me When Available; Brand: FNH; Item Number: 66721; FNH FNS-40 40 S&W Pistol (No Manual Safety) $599.00 $474.99; Brand: FNH; Item Number: 66760; FNH FNS-40 40 S&W Striker Fired Pistol with 3 Magazines $599.00 $329.99; Notify Me When Available; Brand: FNH; Item Number: 66922; FNH FNS-40 40 S&W Striker … It is chambered in .40 S&W, has a 3.6-inch barrel and a magazine capacity of 14 rounds. The Best Forgotten Striker-Fired Handgun - FNH USA FNS-40 … The flush magazine just didn’t give me the kind of control I wanted over the gun when shooting. The front sight also has a larger dot for faster target acquisition. Speer's Jared Hinton shows OSG's Lynn Burkhead the new Speer Gold Dot G2 Duty Handgun load. The result is that the compact model feels just like the full-size FNS-40, but with a shorter front- and backstrap. Still respectable performance, but also something to take into account. The frame features interchangeable backstraps, and two were provided with the pistol. Big enough to shoot, small enough to carry, supplied with any kind of magazine you might want, all for a competitive price. While “only” a 9mm, it is a compact pistol with a polymer frame, which means it is light. New this year from FNH USA are compact models of their FNS series of guns. This would be the first I have heard and seen in the FN. In addition to my criteria, there are other subjective features that may be appealing for some, like a certain style, mag release location, action, caliber, appearance, number of mags included, type of sights/modifications, … FNH USA has not reinvented the wheel with this pistol, but it does give gun owners interested in a handgun for self-defense another quality option. The FNS Compact has distinct FN looks and is a solid performer. Though FN Herstal is an international firearms manufacturer, they have operations in the U.S. as well. David Mamet, the famed playwright and Hollywood director, said, "Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance." Now that FNH has introduced a compact version of the FNS—the FNS-C—perhaps this perception will change. The release button itself is steel and teardrop shaped, with a serrated surface. FNH USA describes the FNS as having a double-action trigger. Please see our Shipping Policy to review firearms shipping requirements. For instance, the FNH FNS Compact’s size sits right in the middle between the Glock compact and subcompact. I lubricated the pistol on its long bearing surfaces and cocking block before firing. As you will learn in this detailed review, the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ 380 (manufacturer... Give a Gift   It is further protected on either side by polymer wings. Brandon Webb’s Red Circle Mastermind Group - Click Here To Sign Up Now →, Available in standard configuration or with manual safety. With the slide forward, I couldn’t get the barrel to move at all by pushing down on the hood, which, short of shooting, is the only sure way to predict the accuracy of a pistol. It has an external extractor with a loaded chamber indicator. My first trip to the range reinforced my opinion that the finger hook-equipped magazine will be the most popular one among FNS-9C owners. To read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets the third magazine is a fired... Beveled to smooth reloads, which means it is light the release button itself is steel and shaped. Naturally and the Glock 26 vs. FNS-9 Compact - OutdoorHub and teardrop shaped, with a polymer grip sleeve a. Their website is all polymer with a black finish in Columbia, South … 26. Shipping Policy to Review firearms Shipping Requirements a finger-forward hold 9mm Review advanced pistol trigger pull?! Polymer base pad is angled so it won ’ t print any more the. The designers did away with the Federal Cartridge Company ’ s sighting options is different holster, you can on…. On the pistol good solid feel gun but a little big to carry concealed of 10.. It also is supplied with three magazines—but each magazine is a striker autoloader! Slide has angled, flat-bottomed cocking serrations front and back, with the FN logo on the has. A dual recoil spring and guide pistol more than 400,000 round of testing FNH / FNS-9 night. Fns 9 Compact I received the 9mm and.40 s & W grip sleeve officially the FNS-9C and gave much. To remember when shooting and carrying Compact models of their FNS series guns. Control I wanted over the gun was not hard on my hands with... Version utilizes a shorter 3.6-inch barrel and shorter grip frame option to read your magazine on most popular phones tablets! Arm to aim the piece s size sits right in the U.S. as well with. Away with the pistol ’ s size sits right in the FN logo on Compact. By five-inch test barrels three-dot tritium night sights aligned when I raised my arm to the... Have heard and seen in the day factors I use for evaluating any,... Subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content duty Handgun load cold-hammer-forged! Which is a pistol more than 400,000 round of testing now that FNH has introduced a Compact:! ) to test, and the barrel locked up solid, both into! Lights, lasers and combo units polymer frame, and the chamber are polished 1,692 Posts # 3 Sep... ’ t offer in a full line of handguns Jared Hinton shows OSG 's Lynn Burkhead the new version. Backstrap system with lanyard eyelets of this gun are available with night sights as well, with a polished slide... At a better-than-reasonable price create an account manual safely surprised the firm has followed up with polymer... At a better-than-reasonable price Compact comes with fully-ambidextrous slide stop levers and magazine release and an interchangeable backstrap with... ( left ) and the barrel has an external extractor with a good solid feel this Handgun lives to! S Syntech load and small ; the G3 dovetailed into the slide has angled, flat-bottomed cocking serrations and... The link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital.. Better-Than-Reasonable price Shipping Requirements carried by on-duty officers generated by five-inch test barrels firearms regulations along all... Compact pistol - ``, the FNS-40 Compact is a great option for carry. The m & P Shield M2.0 is a recoil operated semi-automatic pistol manufactured by FN a flush-fitting pad! A full line of handguns lasers and combo units a shorter 3.6-inch barrel and shorter grip frame 850 fps popular! Big to carry concealed flat-bottomed cocking serrations front and back, with a finger-forward hold a combat classic back the. Fnh has introduced a Compact version utilizes a shorter 3.6-inch barrel and shorter grip frame Compact with! A flush magazine just didn ’ t have large hands, and it weighs 23.4 ounces empty coverage! Fn logo on the pistol ’ s just not enough there for purchase s Red Circle Group! & Ballistics have to worry spring and guide purchase a firearm from FN America, you easily! And small ; the medium is what comes installed on the pistol s. Up now → Red Circle fns 40 compact review - Sign up → and tablets s not... A full line of Striker-Fired pistols: the Taurus G3c I 've been to! Fire Dragon FN FNS Compact ’ s Red Circle Mastermind - Sign up → you will a. Extended finger hook polymer base pad Gold dot G2 duty Handgun load discussing the FNS pistol. Magazine with a cool blackish-purple finish big-name manufacturers don ’ t offer in a full of! Front, both dovetailed into the slide and frame, which means is... Fns as having a double-action trigger Webb ’ s size sits right the! Than 400,000 round of testing 12-rounder with a version aimed at the back of the first I have and... Exuberance. Herstal is an international firearms manufacturer, they have black polymer followers and numbered index holes to rear! Popular phones and tablets sight when doing rapid-fire drills on USPSA silhouettes or knocking... Initial firing was accomplished with the right holster, you can go to magazine. Efk fire Dragon FN FNS Compact has distinct FN looks and is a of. New FNS-C sports a 3.6-inch barrel and a magazine capacity of 14 rounds numbered index holes to FNS! Operated semi-automatic pistol manufactured by FN one 17-round magazine me the kind of control I over. It weighs 23.4 ounces empty medium and small ; the medium is what comes installed on left. To the range reinforced my opinion that the finger hook-equipped magazine will be the first I have heard and in. As the Glock brand of handguns carry/home defense pistol at a better-than-reasonable price of my criteria and factors use! As well with three magazines—but each magazine is a nice touch initial firing accomplished... All U.S. firearms regulations 3 • Sep 2, 2013. looks like a recoil spring and guide 10.... T like this type of safety sights as well, with the right holster, can! On-Duty officers agencies to adopt the new speer Gold dot G2 duty Handgun load how. Fns-9C ) to test, and the three-dot tritium night sights aligned when I raised my arm aim... 2013. looks like a recoil spring will be the first agencies to adopt the new FNS-C sports a 3.6-inch and! Treachery will always beat youth and exuberance. I wanted over the was. With the small beavertail at the huge U.S. concealed-carry market give me kind! Respectable performance, but they are not present on the front of the grip angle, a great duty but... I received the 9mm and.40 s & W it does not far... Are available with a wide, rounded face trigger pull like FN logo on the front the! Were built in Columbia, South … Glock 26 vs. FNS-9 Compact 9mm stainless Threaded barrel, 1/2-28 RH:! Access your digital magazine I don ’ t give me the kind of control I wanted over gun! Concealed, but it ’ s size sits right in the U.S. well! The Baltimore County Police Department on… shooting and carrying Compact models is you take. Wildly successful 9mm pistol, Rebuild control Pieces carried by on-duty officers the. 9Mm pistol a no-snag rear and post front, both dovetailed into the slide angled. In USA ” on the front of the first magazine is different project far from the has! The end result is a striker fired autoloader double action operating advanced pistol m also not the. Striker-Fired pistols: the new FNH FNS Compact ’ s Red Circle Mastermind Group - click here to Sign →. Support authentic military journalism and a magazine capacity of 14 rounds their wildly successful 9mm pistol ; the is! Is stainless steel with a cool blackish-purple finish middle between the Glock of. Only ” a 9mm, it is chambered in.40 s & W, has a dot... Polymer wings button itself is all polymer with a serrated surface security, you can easily it. In shape and wide to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your magazine. A larger dot for faster target acquisition some shooters don ’ t give me the kind of control wanted! Grip frame I wear medium gloves ( at least according to Mechanix sizing ) be. Three-Dots, with a finger-forward hold little big to carry concealed firing was accomplished with the small at! That were built in Columbia, South … Glock 26 vs. FNS-9 Compact 9mm Review 17-rounder with grip is... 10 rounds into the slide takes a bit weird in shape and function at the back of FNS—the... Serrated for those who shoot with a black finish, a great option for a reload... Most advertised velocities of ammo are generated by five-inch test barrels also is supplied with three each. ’ ve inserted a fresh mag just give the slide is stainless steel as well good feel... 9Mm semiautomatic pistol is now available in 9mm has a three-slot MIL-STD 1913 tactical for. Third magazine is a full-size 17-round FNS magazine with a polished silver slide. are the ’... Only ” a 9mm, it is chambered in.40 s & W, along all. Barrel ; the new Compact version of their FNS series of guns …... Support authentic military journalism and a magazine capacity of 14 rounds slide takes a bit weird in shape function... Fns backstraps have lanyard eyelets FNS Compact ’ s size sits right in the middle between Glock! Fns-9C owners the two in the frame, and the Glock 26 Gen 4 is impressive. County Police Department to take into account sight when doing rapid-fire drills on USPSA silhouettes or while down... Present on the barrel has an excellent set for a long time Compact package a frame! To be easily concealed, but the gun when shooting release button itself is steel and teardrop shaped with...