Better Bang For Your Buck The Bergara Micro Rimfire (BMR). Shot well both suppressed and unsuppressed. Bolt lift is only 70 degrees, leaving the bolt handle well clear of optics. Found a Cascade in 308 only two hours from me. Remington Model 700 SPS-T 84205 300 Blackout, $680. You have entered an incorrect email address! Very nice rifle. And it works well with modern sporting rifles. If I can find supressor significantly quieter ( based on Testing ) than the Coastal I would buy one. Tikka T3x Lite Bolt Action Rifle. Overall, the rifle was worth the modest price, but there are better choices. Fired from a bench off of a bipod, it made easy work of an 8 steel plate at 300 yards. It uses Bergaras Performance Trigger, which is M700 compatible. Our test samples were examples of relatively short-barreled bolt-action rifles with threaded muzzles, for those readers who might want to attach a suppressor and shoot subsonic 300 Blackout loads. The stock reminds us of Bergara all the way. Jim, I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse and got to handle one of these Cascades. The model pictured is in 6.5 mm Creedmoor with an 18" barrel. The stock feels amazing, the trigger is very good and overall it feels like a more expensive gun. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 2-Stage Trigger and a sub-MOA guarantee is available in standard and threaded Northwest Ohio. It was in Creedmoor. Outstanding trigger. Thanks, but I think everyone understands MOA here. Designed for production classes in precision rifle competitions, the Competition Rifle comes from the factory with all of the bells and whistles you need for top performance straight out of the box, while keeping its MSRP one dollar under the magical $2,500 mark that competitions like the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) define as the limit for Production Division rifles. Nor are bespoke custom built rifles, such as the Grulla C-95 bolt action and E-95 double rifles. A little longer and a little heavier than our other test rifles. Ruger American Rifle 350 Legend 26986 vs. CVA Cascade 350 Still having trouble getting a tight group with mine. on the firing line. The CVA blows away Tikkas and Thompson Center Ventures I have had in the feel and finish department. When I returned my CVA to the factory, they flatly refused to send a prepaid label even though I only had it for 3 days. Masterpiece Arms MPA BA MPR PRO 6mm CM, $2499. I have my safe queens. I talked with both the Customer Service and Warranty Dept supervisors and they said do not send a prepaid return label and it would be on my dime to send it back. XPR is underrated for the price. Chambering isnt important as Im more interested in the overal quality and accuracy they offer. The Hornady 165 FTX, and Hornady 170 are just under MOA n the Scout 350. Jason Sebo from CVA said the ones they shot were shooting the 150, 170 , and 180 good, but said the Hornady 165 FTX shot best. The MSRP of the Sidekick is $2899 and will be available from select dealers. The fore end is well reinforced and requires some effort to make it touch the barrel. Ruger, CVA and, of course, Winchester have introduced break open and bolt action rifles in this caliber for use where semi-autos for hunting are prohibited. I don't particularly care for the "bladed Savage styles Accutriggers" on any centerfire", so a bare trigger appeals to me. Removal is accomplished via a lever on the left rear of the receiver. Hands down better quality than Ruger's cheapest and if you really want some popcorn material, I would've rather had the XPR than the plastic ADLs put out right before bankruptcy the ones that rusted just from me looking at them in the case . All rights reserved. Long associated with single-shot rifles and muzzleloaders, The MPA is one of the most popular rifles on the PRS tour. WebShort-Action vs. Long-Action : Choosing the Correct Stock | An educational and informative Boyds Blog written by Adam Scepaniak goes into great detail how your action length is determined and the differences between short and long. Smooth handling, very good accuracy and classical styling. The Premier Competition rifle is offered in 6.5 mm and 6 mm Creedmoor with plans to offer other popular chamberings next year. Good build. Gear large/heavy rear bag ($39 at TabGear.com). Tikka T3x Lite Stainless JRTXB316 308 Win., $748. "Well dammit.I wonder if they think the new S&W FPC is in competition. Bergara Premier Mtn 2.0 BPR28-65PRC 6.5 PRC, $1999. 350 Legend, the 7 Best Hunting Rifles on the Market - Wide Open Waiting for cooler weather to fine tune and make my decision. The first bolt action bearing the CVA name is an affordable synthetic-stocked big-game rifle that will appeal to budget-conscious hunters. The bolt head contains a plunger-style ejector and a sliding-plate extractor. Our Pick. You can save a few extra $ by getting the standard Ruger American Rifle, rather than the "Predator" version, as the slightly thicker barrel is not necessary for the calibers and game you reference. Videos News #SundayGunday Videos SHOT Show 2020 Guns & Gear Rifles. For $20 more a .50-cal. Good rifles, accurate, truly flush magazine, GREAT trigger. We would have liked a crisper trigger and a wide, flat forend. with a flat dark earth cerakote finish and a Veil Wideland camo stock pattern. IMO the ruger American is a better gun mainly because the adjustable trigger and defiantly a better trigger then the axis IMO. Browning X-Bolt Max LR 035438294 6.5 PRC, $1180. The trigger feels good and works well, but it is not in the same league as the 40X trigger of long ago. I still may end up buying one as its a little cheaper than the Tikka I like in 6.5 PRC. Empty case removal is accomplished via a plunger-style ejector and a sliding plate extractor. I really like their trigger. Among the most counterintuitive rifles in this buyers guide, the Cascade nonetheless deserves consideration. Today, the latest incarnations of these agship models of Called the Sidekick, Bergara mates one of their Premier actions with a TriggerTech Primary Trigger, a 10-round AICS-type magazine and a 10.5 fluted stainless steel barrel with a threaded muzzle. The Accura X-Treme Series comes in two flavors, the LR-X and the MR-X, both available in either .45- or .50-cal. Least accurate with the Federal ammo. The 4140 carbon steel barrel features a threaded muzzle, making it ready for a brake or suppressor whenever you are. This rifle is really going to be my truck gun. The stock is free-floating and fairly stiff. Mag. Cva caacade vs savage axis II | Rokslide Forum I also learned from owning that rifle. For their No. With its upgrades, the Accura X-Treme series offers an affordable muzzleloader that shares many features of the companys top-of-the-line Paramount models. Many of the updates are a technological trickle-down from their Paramount series of rifles. 350 LEGEND Rifles Available at RecoilGear.us, The Bear sells for $185, and we also used their Medium/Flat rear bag with the non-slip option, $35. Bergara adds one model to their Premier line-up for 2021 with their Competition Rifle. A full-length rifle that looked great and handled well; dropped off half a grade for its just-average accuracy. Savage M110 Hog Hunter 57534 350 Legend, $487. The bottom metal isnt metal, with both the floorplate/trigger guard assembly and the magazine being polymer affairs. Taking The Long Shot: Bergara and CVA New Products 2021 Those Accu-trigger clones are mushy, and do And the Cascade has a 22 inch. New Shooters Guide: What Is a Pistol Caliber Carbine? The bolt design incorporates a 70 throw for smooth and fast operation, plus generous scope clearance. Toward that end, we tested three of the current crop of bolt-action rifles chambered in 300 Blackout. We think either would be a great choice for the Midwestern deer hunter. I was looking at the CVA Cascade SB 300 Blackout when I ran across you test. For 2021, the B-14R, Bergaras full-sized precision trainer, has added .17 HMR and .22 WMR chamberings, in addition to its original .22 LR models. Muzzle velocities were determined via a LabRadar chronograph, $559. Bait n switch, false advertising, and non-existent customer service are SOP. When a human being willfully takes the life of a wild, sentient creature, they are then separated forever from those who have not. Shane Mahoney. Proof Tundra. New Shooters Guide: What Is a Pistol Caliber Carbine? The rifles specs say this is a four-round magazine, but we could get five rounds in the magazine and still retain the ability to close and work the bolt easily. and 6.5 mm Creedmoor chamberings and 16.5 in .300 Blackout. The stock is the same soft-touch style commonly found on Bergara rifles. A little longer and a little heavier than our other test rifles. So I bought the CVA yesterday. load (by volume), the .45-cal. CVA Cascade SB Cascade If you havent heard yet, be advised that millions of gun owners may soon be classified as felons if a new Bureau of Alcohol, SIG Sauer P365XL Spectre P365V001 9mm Luger, Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro HCP9379BOSP 9mm Luger, SHOT 2023: Savage Arms Introduces 1911 Government Model Pistols, 5 Best 9mm Pistols for Concealed Carry in 2023, New Shooters Guide: The Best Gun For Home Defense Isnt a. CVA Cascade Review - Should You Buy One? Or Not? - YouTube Cooper Arms Classic, Schnabel models. WebCASCADE XT $799.00 SKU: CR3981, CR3983, CR3985, CR3987, CR3989, CR3990, CR3991, CR3995, CR3997 about Cascade XT product details CASCADE SB (Short Barrel) Cerakote Graphite Black/Veil Tac Black $745.00 SKU: CR3901R, CR3903R, CR3914R about Cascade product details CASCADE Cerakote/Blued/Veil Camo $745.00 SKU: (SAVAGE) I was just asked last week if I would recommend a CVA Scout 450, by a friend that was interested in one, and knew I had one 3 years ago. The shooter also gets two forward-mounted sling-swivel studs one for a bipod and the second for a real sling. SAAMI Accepts 30 Super Carry As New Standardized Cartridge, SHOT 2022: Federal Premium Announces 30 Super Carry Cartridge, 38 Special Loads: Federals Punch Is a Best Buy Bullet, United States Practical Shooting Association, Masterpiece Arms MPA BA MPR PRO 6mm CM, $2499. MOA is a definition of a rifles ability to be accurate1" groups 100yrds, 2"@ 200yrds, 3" @ 300yrds. WebProduct Description The Cascade is CVA's first ever bolt-action centerfire rifle. Possibilities.:). All shots were fired from a well-sandbagged position using a Caldwell TackDriver rear bag ($44 at MidwayUSA.com) and a T.A.B. Testing was done at American Shooting Centers in West Houston. version of LR-X and MR-X models can be had with open sights, which consists of a Williams peep sight set-up. Best Buy. And it did so with authority. First sample failed when the bolt disassembled itself. During the last few years, weve seen firearms manufacturers introduce a whole crop of new cartridges. I then sold it and bought the CVA v2 Scout because of the longer barrel. Best New Deer Hunting Rifles for 2020 - North American Whitetail A 100% carbon-fiber stock and trim 24-inch barrel make this a premier mountain rifle. The axis is cheap and I wont buy another but it does shoot everything under an inch. Read Here. My friends XPR shoots MOA or less with 150 grain Winchester Deer Season XP. Uintah UPR-10 Bolt AR-10 Upper 6.5 CM, $1295. I have zero experience with an XPR so I cant compare them. This is a great all-around rifle at a reasonable price. The LR-X is available with two stock and metal finish options and has an MSRP of $675. Savage M110 Elite Precision 57558 6mm CM, $1999. This is a super-lightweight precision build youll want to take everywhere. The bottom of the action is based on the ubiquitous Remington 700 pattern. Buy the one you like best, or order it if the store does not have that particular model in the desired caliber in stock. A superior varminter that is good enough to shoot in competition, and certainly in the field. Outstanding accuracy. I'm on my 'severalth' Axis & i'm the first to admit, the stock is an utter garbage fire. We learned that The Bears sides grip your firearm well and we were not having to reset our long guns every few shots. In this video we compare the Savage Axis against the Ruger American. Mag., and 450 Bushmaster. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. 1. Best Rifles, Tested and Reviewed | Outdoor Life Savage M110 Hog Hunter 57534 350 Legend, $487. A brushed stainless finish, a gorgeous three-color laminate stock, and a great trigger. Grade A- for adults; Grade B+ for youths. Last time he had them listed at 599.00. The .22-250 does slightly better than that. I put some Talley LWs and a vx3i 2.5-8 on it and its a great lighter weight set up for my walk in hunt in Southern Ohio. Just wondering. Think is has an 18" barrel? Even at that range the 225-gr. The regular Cascade line adds several Least accurate with the Federal ammo. Browning X-Bolt Micro Midas 22-250 Rem., $879. What are some good bolt-gun options for hunters who dont want to deal with a lot of recoil? Savage Axis II XP Rifle 57289 6.5 CM, $400. Designed with the full-sized hunter in mind, this would be a great companion on a coyote hunt. If the shooter is indeed comparing the 350 Legend with the older 30-30, the 350 holds its own just fine. Ruger American vs. Ruger American Predator for first Nov 5, 2021. Beanfield rifle rather than a mountain rifle. If you're thinking of Cascade money, the Ruger American would fit the bill really well. While the Colt Model 601 was the first AR-15 to be mass-produced, there were several design variations that came before during the platform's development. Shooters can also buy 20-minute-of-angle rails at CVA.bpishopping.com. the same way the 6.5 PRC has stepped up the game of the 6.5 Creedmoor?). The cancellation of the 2021 SHOT Show left manufacturers scrambling for a substitute forum with which to introduce their new products to the public. Those were Magtech 123-grain FMJs, Frontier 125-grain FMJs, and Precision Ones 200-grain Nosler hollow points. The Ruger American Ranch Rifle, the Mossberg, the Savage Axis, the Winchester XPR, and my Bear Creek AR-15. If you havent heard yet, be advised that millions of gun owners may soon be classified as felons if a new Bureau of Alcohol, 350 Legends Part 2: How Will CVAs Bolt Action Stack Up? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. But please note the guarantee is for three-shot groups (and we had many of those that were sub-inch), but we just werent able to do that with five-shot groups. Read today's "The Armed Citizen" entry for real stories of law-abiding citizens, past and present, who used their firearms to save lives. We are talking about the 300 Blackout a cartridge scoffed at by some, but which we find both interesting and useful. A credible and accurate rifle for hunting. CVA Cascade SB 300 Blackout - Gun Tests Yes, its angled at hunting and yes, its made by a We really liked the way this fit our hands and the way it created a good index for strong-side or support-side thumb placement while shooting. The B-14R with a steel barrel has an MSRP of $1,150 and $1,245 for the carbon fiber barreled version. Found this review on the CVA Cascade with the NEW Veil A smaller cocking indicator protrudes from the base of the bolt shroud when the action is cocked. Support NRA American Hunter DONATE. The popular Ruger American design uses a detachable, AR type magazine, making this an instant contender for their .300 AAC and 7.6239 caliber variants. RUGER AMERICAN Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion. The Winchester 150 at just a hair over MOA. Join our subscribers list to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly in your inbox. Best Buy. Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. cva cascade vs ruger american - shinyspace.net My Scout has a 20 inch. Even without any muzzle device, the 350 Legend was an absolute joy on the shoulder, and the barrel barely warmed up, even after dumping 20 consecutive rounds through it. cva cascade vs ruger american 678-748-2201 cva cascade vs ruger american contact@shinyspace.net cva cascade vs ruger americanWorking Hours: But the .308 has an 18.5 barrel. WebRuger American .308 Win Rifle - 26926 Rating: (1) $749.99 $649.99 Add to Cart Ruger American Predator Rifle 22-250 Rem, Moss Green Syn - 6945 $599.99 $499.99 Add to Cart Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle, Moss Green - 6973 Rating: (1) $599.99 $449.99 Add to Cart Ruger American Compact .243 Winchester 18" Rifle, Black - 6908 Only time will tell which cartridges stick. Our unscientific shoulder test bears this out. The prospective owner should be able to work the controls (bolt, safety, trigger, etc.) I am a farmer shooting deer at night with permits and night vision. So we were curious to see how the HSM M118LR ammo would perform with the 175gr bullets, and it did not disappoint delivering the best group, and average, of the bunch. The Cascade SB features a black graphite cerakote finish with a Veil Tac Black Camo synthetic stock and has an MSRP of $670. I don't think you could go wrong with eother if the rifles you mentioned. I handled one in local LGS, actually looks and feels like a real rifle compared to some of the other budget price stuff out there.