Lower Control Arm w/Ball Joint RPO Code FE1 Front, Driver and Passenger Side Detroit Axle. Upgrading from FE1 to FE5. https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?US&channel=b2c, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c-press-release, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.cand-visualizer, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.crs-information, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.ctte-e-ray-leak, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.cecommendations, https://www.chevrolet.com/performancd-price/config, https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAD=22412&type=0, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.cfreight-charge, https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.cup-and-running. What is FE1 suspension? RepairPal gives the Chevrolet HHR a 4.0 out of 5.0 reliability rating, ranking it 13th out of 36 compact cars. The hardware includes structural enhancements via a tower-to-tower brace; large, four-wheel disc brakes and premium steering. You have a placard in your trunk that tells you what you have, it lasts all your option codes. FREE SHIPPING ; LIFETIME WARRANTY; 2012-2013 with FE3 Chevrolet Impala Rack And Pinion . Exterior. FE1 came with all base models and are the "softest" SS/NA came with FE3 and are a bit stiffer. 22mm Seams to be about the perfect size to get nice turn in. 4. I bought new readi-struts (new springs mounted on new struts ready to install) for my '10 LT a couple years ago, without checking here first, but it is my understanding now that there are 3 levels of suspension for the 3 levels of trim. And thats lower than the average for other vehicle models, which is $650. Advanced Search Cancel Login / Join. . On an F55 car, you will find the FE1 and F55 codes. I work for Saturn so I can look up chevy parts. The car's FE3 suspension tune helps it to keep a . The average cost for a Chevrolet Impala suspension shock or strut replacement is between $610 and $658. Wheels are same as FE2, but standard tire is 235/50R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 2, and standard brake package includes 13.6-in front rotors with cast iron calipers. I'm about to be in the market for new control arms, since I'm sure the balljoint and bushing needs to be changed, so imma do em all at once. FE2 is the Ride and Handling package. You must log in or register to reply here. JavaScript is disabled. google_ad_height = 90; This suspension system uses electronic shocks in the front that automatically adjust to road conditions, becoming stiffer or softer as necessary. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I noticed there are 2 types of Racks. 2007 ION-2 Sedan. So, I decided to just go with Z51 and no magride. Basically the FE3 suspension is the regular suspension which comes with the Camaro SS. Only 414 pounds, thats about 3 slender people. The minor cost difference between these and the stock units is well worth the investment for the Best C5 Shocks! Struts are a major part of the suspension in your Chevrolet HHR. I thought the same thing so I checked. 10,952 Raceland coilovers . Fixed that a little bit for ya. As a follow-up I checked GM front and rear spring part numbers and found that there are different spring part numbers for Stingrays without MRC (FE1 suspension), Stingrays with MRC (FE2 suspension), Z51's without MRC (FE3 suspension), Z51's with MRC (FE4 suspension), Z06's without Z07 (FE 6 suspension) and Z06's with Z07 (FE 7 suspension). 2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 183K miles *gone*, Lower control arm differences for FEx suspension. The C5 Corvette came stock with several different suspension options throughout its production from 1997-04. GM realized this and offered the "Z51" (FE3) option package which, among other things, increased the spring rate on the suspension. theres a sticker in the trunk under the mat on the left side. Major difference! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Members Ride. I went onto A1 auto and was looking at suspension for my 2007 Chevy cobalt LS FE1 model suspension. On a "base" suspension car, you will only find the code FE1. Lesser models have softer suspension, some of the higher models have more effective suspension. The CTS comes with 3 suspension variants, FE1, FE2 Lux, or FE3 Sport. In FE4 on the other hand there are only 12 chapters consisting of several castles that you must seize. If you are putting . The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac, Informal Lounge, Introductions, General Discussion, FWD DeVille 1985-2005, Fleetwood, and 60 Special. One thing to note. Your mates would ride alot smoother, but handle, corner alot worse. Yes, I should be able to get the complete set of RPO codes for you. By comparison, the CTS FE3 was considerably more civilbut then its also a much heavier vehicle. explore the world through the prism of knowledge. Impala: 4061 lbs. #37. goldvn05 said: thanks for feedback. In most cases this is a sticker located on the inside door of the glove box, with multiple three character codes listed to show what that specific vehicle has as far as trim, suspension and engine configurations. Fe5 rear springs were $100 cad and changed the handling of my 2005 cobalt base model completely. FE2 = the option code for the base suspension. If you're looking at all that, don't bother with FE3 struts/shocks. Anyone do this before? Developed for racing, the Corvette Track Suspension Kit has been tuned with all-new stabilizer bars, lower control arms with stiffer handling bushings, and track-optimized passive shocks. The lower control arms on the FE1 suspension are steel, while on the FE3 suspension, they are aluminum, but they are dimensionally the same. Rear Stabilizer Bar (mm) - Base and F45 suspension 19.1x2mm The Z51 Bar is 21.7x3mm. 5. . The FE1 doesn't obviously but.. The inner tube holds the piston shaft, valve and oil. . Also in S Pack and more recently SV8/SV6. This was a group purchase that went to all 95-05 j- bodies and no one reported any issues. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I am satisfied with my fe1 suspension with upgraded sway bar. I have an early 2003 Ion and most of the control arms I see advertised seem to be for FE1 Suspension which my car does not have. (FE1) and it handles way different than my FE3 suspension? 07-03-2021 03:06 PM by . Moved/Removed Threads. I saw a bit of blue out of the corner of my eye, and sure enough, the part number tag was still on the sway bar and readable, I looked that up and it shows for FE1 suspension. Nobody locally has them in stock, so I can't get both and compare. What is adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lung? My 2003 Ion does not have FE1 suspension from what I gather but will a control arm for FE1 fit my car? Around the Water Cooler. They each have their own springs, struts, shocks, sway bars and control arms. That is free to try! Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. While the Sport suspension is with a stiffer ride and designed for faster/speedier driving performance type. //-->. FE1 is the "Corvette Standard Suspension" and FE3 is the "Corvette Sport Suspension." There are two sub-levels of shocks available on the FE1. ACNA Staff. How do I know if my Cobalt has FE1 suspension? What SINSTR6 said, my understanding is that the only difference is thicker swaybars, springs and shocks are the same. Apr 4, 2012. Lesser models have softer suspension, some of the higher models have more effective suspension. It met with critical and commercial success. google_ad_width = 728; Yea . Every time my car is not used for a week or more the tires vibrate and shake the car for about 10 miles. Z85 is listed simply as Chassis package increased capacity in the upfitter manual. I do think the design was improved, though, as my first set didn't make it 30k, and these have over 40 on them with no collapse. Lex, Alec, Midir, Arden, Claud, Jamke, Dew, Chulainn, Beowulf, and Naoise are all known to have died. FE2 usually sits 1-1.5 inches lower than standard, beats driving around in a 44. Y42 and Y43 are the performance options. On a "base" suspension car, you will only find the code FE1. It replaced my worn out suspension so that was nice, but was no upgrade at all . The FE3 suspension is a thicker rear swaybar, different rear springs, and front and rear shocks/struts. The annual repair and maintenance cost for this model is approximately $540. Is Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War on switch? 2008 Black/Ebony CTS-4, Other(s): 2009 Wicked Solstice. Broken Door Handle and Stuck Ignition Key. Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1. As for why I couldn't use the arms I have. Discouraged by reviews of the FE3, and without the ability to sample it in advance, my father ordered his car with the FE2, billed as offering the best ride-handling balance. . HHR's combination of bold design, uncompromising versatility, top safety record and . Cadillac CTS-V Front and Rear Swaybars. #6. It has been done plenty of times, whatever company you talked to telling you it won't work is just going by what their system tells them your car needs. Average the the measurements for both sides. FE1 is the "Corvette Standard Suspension" and FE3 is the "Corvette Sport Suspension." There are two sub-levels of shocks available on the FE1. Mounting is no different so all parts are interchangeable.. Tim. Inside any coilover, there are two designs of dampers you will come across, monotube and twin tube. Lesser models have softer suspension, some of the higher models have more effective suspension. Swingn, ill sell you my FE3 spings if you like. 06BaltCoupeLT on 06-13-2011. In years when the Impala SS was offered . Reducing the size of the rear sway bar will help remove oversteer. (MSRC upgrade) comparisons. What is the best bitrate for YouTube videos? Unit Fits All Models except with FE3 Suspension. Anyone noticed flat spotting with the Michelin Pilots HXMXM4? You could check the RPO codes on the sticker in the trunk, but the easiest way is to look at the tires. The Hazard - MY10 SS-V Redline Ute. That is going to be tough for 98% of us to answer. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The only suspension differences are the Z71 has monotube shocks, urethance bumpstops, and taller tires, while the Z85 has twin-tube shocks, rubber bumpstops, and smaller tires. Since its launch, the regular CTS has been available with three different suspensions, FE1, FE2, and FE3. On FE1, FE2 and FE3 models, the specification 2-3/32" (53mm). JavaScript is disabled. Posts: 111. happy days as just wanted to keep whats there, assume its STD as per the build plate.. It is in between the Soft Ride (FE1) and the Sport Suspension (FE3). The FE3/Z51 suspension builds on the standard FE1 2020 Corvette Stingray setup with a more aggressive suspension tune as well as manually-adjustable threaded spring seats. FE1,FE2,FE3 are grouped together and then FE5 is alone. Automotive News & Reviews. Well, I had a brilliant idea today while I was working on the exhaust. Can you trade items Genealogy of the Holy War? Adding a rear sway bar will make the oversteer issue worse, as it will remove grip from the rear. These are the base shocks and the F55 magnetic shocks. I replaced my stabilizer bar last weekend and according to the repair manual, there are different sets of instructions for the different suspensions (fe1. 2012-2013 Impala FE1, FE2 suspension Rack And Pinion . FE2 = Glasses vibrate off your face when going over bumps. You are correct that FE1 = soft ride suspension and FE3 = sport suspension. FE3 v.s. FE2 is the stock suspension setup that comes in an SS. Re: Lower control arm differences for FEx suspension. Front Stabilizer Bar (mm) - Base and F45 suspension 23x3.8mm The Z51 Bar is 25.4x4mm. Hmm. To my knowledge all control arms were the same length, this is quite odd. There is a very small difference, about 3/8". FE2 usually sits 1-1.5 inches lower than standard, beats driving around in a 44. . Both feature a MacPherson strut for the front suspension design and a semi-independent, torsion beam rear suspension. Copyright 2018-2022 MidEngineCorvetteForum.com. How do I know if I have Autoride suspension? It is six months before the next chapter begins. Feb 18, 2013. thatll tell you which one you have. you could look at the window sticker for "all-season performance" or "summer performance" package . Whats the difference between Z71 and Z85? FEUX ARRIERES ROUGES LIGHT BAR AUDI Now FE3 is the start of the performance suspension ending with the FE5. FE2/4 has always had the edge on rough road . On an F55 car, you will find the FE1 and F55 codes. FE2- suspension system, ride handeling. This sport-tuning package includes 34 mm front and 18 mm rear stabilizers bars, both of them hollow core, for increased roll control. ACNA Notices and Policies. FE3 ( LTZ and SS): Impala LTZ and SS models receive a FE3 suspension, which includes 18-inch W-rated P235/50R18 AL3 (performance) tires and five-spoke alloy wheels, to provide a sporty ride that complements the 5.3L small-block V-8s performance. I know this has been asked before so don't bash me guys, but how can I tell what suspension I have ? Don't worry about the PayPal thing, it's no big deal. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Feb 2, 2005. i want to buy better suspension but have been told by different companies that the FE1 and FE3 suspension kits are incompatible. FE2 usually sits 1-1.5 inches lower than standard, beats driving around in a 44. I refer to it as an RPO report with complete descriptions. There is a very small difference, about 3/8". The FE3 and 5 both have aluminum arms with the same bushings, but the arms have different part numbers. I removed the camber cam-bolts and the camber appears to be almost identical with the long arms with the original bolts (non-adjustable). Fe2 sport ride suspension, fe3 redline, fe5 AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Lower Control Arm w/Ball Joint RPO Code FE1 Front, Driver and Passenger Side. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Forum Features & Navigation. Both the SS and V6 1LE Camaro come with a FE3 suspension, but the springs on each are not the same. you could look at the window sticker for "all-season performance" or "summer performance" package, or you could look at the RPO codes in the trunk for Y42 and FE2, or Y43 and FE3. The HHR also has a 10% probability of having a severe problem. He/she will run a VIS report. Fasterproms Ported Intake Manifold w/LS3 TB. The colder it is they worse it is. All FE 4/5/6 lower control arms are the same with outward mounting locations and the difference is the size of the front and rear sway bars, shocks/struts, and the ZL1 having mag ride. In the picture below, the shiny new one is FE2, and the old dirty one is FE1. the car equipped with the base suspension, FE1, will have 17" rims. Does a 2007 Chevy Impala have struts or shocks? 2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCBs, 3LZ, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option order-able including wheels. let me know if i can put the aluminum FE3 control arms on my FE1 vehicle. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. i want to buy better suspension but have been told by different companies that the FE1 and FE3 suspension kits are incompatible. The C7 Corvette came stock with several different suspension options throughout its production from 2014-19. I have FE3 (Z51 without Magride) and love it. You can see the codes are in numerical order and that this vehicle came equipped with the Z55 Autoride suspension. The struts on the FE1 suspension offer a softer ride than that on the FE3 suspension, but they are dimensionally the same.