The frame has an extended beavertail, trigger-guard undercut, and texturing for increased grip. The receiver has extended slide rails, which increases surface-to-surface contact for a more stable and efficient cycle. The Alpha Foxtrot AF-C Forged Pistol utilizes Alpha Foxtrot forged frame with their custom slide to create one interesting Glock design. I've built with both, they are 100% the same besides the side wall laser stippling with GG logo, The GG sides walls are more of a slick style vs the aggressive grip on P80s, think polished stippled plastic vs sand paper. To test the Nomad frames compatibility with factory parts, I assembled the frame using a complete parts set taken from a Gen5 Glock 19 MOS. Yep, the design has spread like wildfire, and Gastons plastic fantastics are no longer just made by Glock. The Glock design has been surpassed by a number of different platforms, yet Glock will not truly update the design. Not to mention, the slide features its own serrations for easy racking and press checks. This ultimately creates a lighter, thinner pistol. The ZEV OZ9 series encompasses a wide variety of pistols, but the best, in my opinion, is the OZ9c Elite Hyper-Comp. Secondly, I want to give TTAG a big old Texas, Thank Yew!. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. This can result in an annoyance in minor cases to a bleeding hand in extreme cases. While the PSA Dagger is one of the least expensive Glock-type firearms on the market, the ZEV OZ9 is on the opposite side of the price spectrum. The Shadow Systems MR920 represents a killer value if you appreciate the features that it offers. The MR920 comes in a more conservative trim the Combat model which does not have quite as many slide cuts and no optic mount. I knew that stimulus check wouldnt work. Customer Service: support@shadowsystemscorp.com. Polymer80 introduced a series of 80% frame pistol kits, depending on the frame size youre interested in using. I could tolerate the grip angle until the Polymer 80 showed me I didnt have to. The spacers wedge the optic into the optic cut and you use a pair of some of the longest heaviest screws to secure the optic down. The barrel is also cut from stainless and is conventionally rifled so it is safe to use with cast or swaged lead bullets. Lots of clones, but only one caliber. Never answer phone or return calls. We saw the aftermarket continuously upgrade the Glock platform, pushing the design from high-end race guns to perfected defensive firearms. Strike80 grip is a little rounder, is more likely to have a bit of frame droop in the dust cover, and comes with a trigger mechanism housing pin that is too long. And like behemoths, they are slow to move and adapt. If youre the kind of person who likes to buy a new GLOCK, and add new sights, and a grip package, and have slide work done and and and.. .then the MR920 is a very strong value. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. They are also extremely popular in the hands of concealed carriers, home defenders, and competition shooters. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared If you pull the slide out of battery like a GLOCK, the tabs wont work and youll have to keep pulling until the trigger resets. If Glock had only addressed the pistols number one complaint, the unnatural grip angle, 20 years ago with Shadow Systems unique 3 angle design, they would hold an even larger market share today. In this design, the lower half of the trigger pivots first, unlocking the trigger for a full stroke. LOL! At We the People Holsters, we manufacture Kydex and leather holsters for various Glock handguns full size, compact, and subcompact pistols. YouTube prevents us from posting. $1200 wasted. The Nomad 9 frame is different enough in size and shape that a pistol so assembled may not fit in all holsters. This is not normal and does not happen in any of my other firearms. David Blanton? Yes it will fit. But not all Glock clones are compatible with Glock holsters. The MR920 is aimed at the same use case as the venerated GLOCK 19 with appointments that will make most pistol snobs happy, all while still being compatible with most Gen3 and Gen4 GLOCK parts. Ive owned a Glock 27 and a Gen 5 Glock 19. Yah, I wanna trust my life to a Kimber Jamatic. Jeremy, I got my P365XL-RZ and now I want a P320 RXP XCompact. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! My example of the MR920 Elite grouped tighter at 25 yards from the rest than did my G19 Gen5. Magazine Catch Magazine Catch Spring 3.5 lb Connector Slide Stop Lever Slide Lock Slide Lock Spring Trigger Housing with Ejector Locking Block Pin Trigger Pin Trigger Spring (standard weight) Compatible Gun Models: P80 Compact PF940C.Does not include correct slide lock spring for the Glock G17 size gun. When people suggest otherwise they are simply making clear they have no idea what they are talking about. Polymer80 has a different grip angle. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, This leads to Glock clones lacking the stock OEM features of the current Glock generation. . I know the post is old, so it may be too late to provide this, but I have their first variation on the G19, the MR918. This is very important for an everyday use pistol for both companies. Learn more about our Return Policy. Have been thinking of another pistol for EDC; larger than my G43, smaller than my G17, but not a Glock. But thats only because I have spare housings. The frame forward of and above the trigger has two textured panels the company calls recoil control ledges. GLOCK 19 Gen4 accessories fit this gun. I also used the Nomad frame with a G19 Gen4 pattern slide from Brownells. None of them. Springfield Hellcat Micro Compact vs Shadow Systems CR920 Elite Dimensions Length L Height H Width W Weight W Springfield Hellcat Micro Compact 6 in 4 in 1 in 17. polymer 80 vs shadow. That includes holsters. Passive-retention holster. The grip angle looks almost identical to a 1911, with an improved extended beavertail and retro-future vibe. LOL. Got to go with a Glock or 1911. Failure to eject, load and lock slide on empty mag. Yes. A thousand dollar plastic handgunm. But why should they, when they are selling a $350 dollar pistol for $550 because fan bois and first time buyers will purchase it based on a reputation that is 40 years old? Never liked them. If you dont want to build your own Glock clone, Polymer80 also offers complete pistols for sale. Aggressive texturing on the sides, front, and backstrap. If you are in the market for a polymer 80 kit, try out our P80 Frame Completion Kit with Shadow Systems Elite Trigger. It doesnt seem to care whether its a JHP defensive round, light loaded target round or anything in between. Every time I actually have been in touch with them it is always something different they try to blame it on. This is a close clone of the Glock 19 9mm. The frame was exchanged for a current production unit with a slightly tighter tolerance in this area. However, one of the most significant differences between the MR920 and a stock Glock pistol is the spiral-fluted match barrel. Oh boy. gear. If you love to wear action movies and games outfits so must check the top 5 superb Cosplay Jackets which gives you a killer and stunning look on this cosplay festival. Travis Pike is a Marine infantry veteran, firearms enthusiast, and NRA certified instructor. One of my favorites on any revolver I own. Weve eliminated the trigger housing pin and locking block from this kit since your P80 kit includes those parts. I cant disagree with most of what you said- except for the grip angle which I subjectively find comfortable- the poster you were replying to was also right. Yea sounds about right. At closer distances off-hand clover leaf groups are a regular occurrence. The most notable feature of the MR920 is the frame. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). Glock knows best it seems. Just curious about build quality differences and difference in hand feel before I make a decision. Shadow Systems started out making Glock. another honorable mention is the Bul Armory Axe, the Cleaver and the Tomahawk models. contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Head to the range this week with American Rifleman staff as they discuss a trim little repeater from Savage Arms that comes chambered for the .22 WMR cartridge. Its the Beretta APX. What if you wanted a Glock for every occasion but also only wanted it to be one pistol? Not sure why its not on this list. This housing/ejector doesnt fit in my p80-19, p80-17, gst-9, or freedomwolf frames. Funny how things change. (Photo: Jacki Billings/Guns.com) Released at SHOT Show 2019, the MR918 is a striker-fired polymer . Gear Expert, The P80 Frame Completion Kit includes all components needed to build your PF940C P80 80% Frame. Clones allow for upgrades that Glock fans want that the company refuses to release. I also have a Mantis X10 Elite which has a recoil meter and using the most exacting form of Bro Science, I can confirm that the MR920 does have less muzzle climb than my GLOCK 34 competition gun. receipt, and we'll cover the cost of return shipping. Its clear that plenty of thought went into the design of the frame. Made from heavy-duty .125 precision-formed Kydex. Now, they tell me they are modifying my slide and ejector. Was interested until I saw the price. Shooters then customize their Modulus to whatever they want itand I mean whatever. What should the discerning collector look for in a potential buy? CR920; MR920; Well, then the ZRO Delta Modulus has you covered. If Glock was serious about keeping the platform updated and competitive at its price range, the above pistol would have been made by them and not Shadow Systems. They kept telling me everything was normal. Included with the backstraps is a polymer magazine well system that hooks onto the backstrap which makes the gun amazingly simple to reload rapidly. The frame has an elongated grip tang or beaver tail that keeps your flesh out of the moving bits of the gun but also helps to help keep the muzzle down on recoil. anything extra and your Also in the box is a punch to swap out the backstraps and magwell, some Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil, and even Blue Loctite to mount the optic. /rant about why you should already own at least 2 SIGS. Customize This * * * * * Sights: High Vis. Manufacturer Review: Shadow Systems ClassicFirearms 1.29M subscribers Subscribe 4.2K Share 118K views 1 year ago Looking for a product featured in this video? Glock wasnt the first polymer frame pistol, but they were the first successful polymer frame pistol. There are two primary reasons: Features and cost. A common dig against polymer wonder nines is their propensity to use polymer guide rods the MR920 comes with a single spring captured guide rod. Intl. Unlike actual GLOCK brand GLOCKs, you only need to move the slide just barely out of battery to get them to work. Its not just swapping slides but swapping dustcovers, backstraps, magwells, and more. Gen 5 was a joke. apparently the ad is misleading , you will not be receiving a shadow systems trigger , it will be a shadow systems trigger bar with a generic polymer trigger, which in my opinion deserves at least a clarification since the ad was for a complete shadow systems lpk. Its personal preference, but many folks prefer that more American angle on their pistols. Really? Shadow Systems Firing Pin Assembly fits Glock Pistols (3) $51.94 (Save 16%) $43.57. Great trigger, accurate, and I really like the convertabilty of the SC from 10 to 15 rounds with a longer grip. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. Barrel Length: 4 (unthreaded) 4.5 (Threaded) But while the Glock has a safety lever in the center of the trigger face, the Dagger uses a pivoting trigger safety similar to that of the Smith & Wesson M&P series. Purchase will require a Form 4473. A Glock clone allows you to buy the Glock-style pistol with the features you want. We'll only use the information provided according to our privacy policy. Rating. Included with the gun are three pairs of screws of varying lengths and in the manual suggested pairings with different optics. Dont forget the threaded barrel for compensators or cans. So thats yet another item on the list that doesnt need to be changed out. For those of us who dont like cleaning guns every time we go to the range, this is a nice feature. I never experienced that with mine except one time and it hasn't happened again since. It is faster on follow up shots, next purchase is full size shadow. According to federal law, the receiver or frame is the regulated part (i.e., the legal firearm). But I've put several hundred rounds through mine so far and its been a solid performer. As for not having manual safeties imo, if youre military and keeping pistols in molle cordura holsters and subjecting them to all sorts of violent forces, such as explosions, probably need a manual safety or a da/decocker. Ergonomics * * * * 1/2 I dont understand that type of thinking. I have this pistol, its really good. This design allows the locking block to be integrated. (, We noticed that you have previously logged in with your, Check what do you get by creating an account, Bookmark and compare your favorite firearms, 8 Best Custom Glock Clones: Glock 19 Alternatives. The ZEV OZ9c offers a Glock 19 sized variant, shipping with an optic cut, steel sights, a ZEV trigger, a match-grade barrel, and all the fixins. So, ZEV went a different route and built the comp into the barrel. Modular hole pattern on the back accommodates a variety of mounting options. PF940v2 Instructions - Polymer80 | Premier Manufacturer of Polymer AR . Let that sink in one of the most widespread complaints of the GLOCK style pistol is the grip angle and for the most part you can make this pistol suit your preference. CCS - Polymer 80. Fax: +1-866-534-3097 The FX-19 HellFire Compact Pistol comes with a heavily customized slide featuring lightening cuts. The Nomad 9 frame is molded from a material with a somewhat rubbery feel and compares to the factory Glock frame in this regard. sorry for any confusion. Copyright 2023 Pew Pew Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Thanks! Im disgusted with this firearm and company. Internals are Gen 3 parts, and most are compatible with aftermarket Glock goodness. We dive into the best Glock clones on the market to help you decide if one of these custom Glock 19 competitors is right for you! For 2022, the company announced the release of a new line of. The kit includes a finishing jig, which acts as a machining guide, and other parts needed to complete the gun. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Glock has the benefit of almost 40 years of experience developing, manufacturing, and servicing this platform. My issue then and my issue now is why include a gun that is perpetually unavailable, the PSA Dagger Compact 9mm Pistol? LIGHT!! guns & You need to have some big hands. Just kidding? I ended up ordering all their parts since they were so cheap, real down to earth and helpful from my experience and even their MR918 ( Polymer 80 build ) is a steal of a price, especially when considering the fact you get such great customer service. Enter the Systems MR920 9mm. TRYBE Defense TRYBE Defense Pistol Slide, Glock 19, Gen 3, DeltaPoint Pro Cut, Version 2, Black Cerakote, SLDG19G3DPV2-BN, TRYBE Defense Glock 19 Pistol Slide, Glock 19, Gen 3, Venom Cut, Black, SLDG19G3VNM-BN, TRYBE Defense Glock 19 Pistol Slide, Glock 19, Gen 3, RMR Cut, Black, SLDG19G3RMR-BN, TRYBE Defense Glock 19 Pistol Slide, Glock 19, Gen 3, DeltaPoint Pro Cut, Black, SLDG19G3DP-BN, TRYBE Defense GLOCK 23/32 9mm Threaded Conversion Pistol Barrel, 1/2 x 28, 416R Stainless Steel, Black Nitride, TPBCONVG23-32-BN, TRYBE Defense Breathing Armor Reusable 4 Layer Water Repellent Face Mask, Adults, Gray, TRBMASK-1, TRYBE Defense Glock 19 Pistol Slide, Glock 19, Gen 3, Viper Cut, FDE Cerakote, SLDG19G3VPR-FDE, by One of the biggest pros of a GLOCK-based platform is the aftermarket thats already there. The RM920 optic cut bucks the prevailing wisdom on mounting dots. The trigger and disconnector are nice enough that Im actually buying another one. I think it is a better choice, because the upper takes all Glock parts or aftermarket parts. First is the enlarged trigger guard. Its grip features a massive undercut in the trigger guard and aggressive beavertail to maximize control and improve comfort. I didnt write the review! This engineering marvel starts as a compact Glock clone but can transform via conversions to a Glock of any size and design. When you start looking at clones, youll realize some people might not want a Glock but want the reliability, simplicity, and parts availability associated with the build. While compatible with Glock magazines, the pistol ships with a PMAG 15 GL9 15-round magazine. Get proficient on YOUR time. It all started when I was a child he was 19 with a 17 glock. The universal optic cut boasts of being able to accommodate basically any optic you can screw down onto the slide and youve got pretty much all of the features of a Gucci GLOCK straight from the factory. Can you? This is probably a good point to talk about the two trim models of the MR920. According to ZEV, this reduces the vibration during firing for more effective recoil control. A thumbs-forward grip allows for increased control of the weapon. Tritium Front (yellow) / serrated Black Rear Ordered 2 of these, first one, plastic broke. The Lone Wolf LTD19 V2 comes with a low-profile magwell, an enlarged magazine release, and an enlarged slide stop. As a guy with big hands, Glocks also take a bite out of me. Glocks do what they are supposed to and do. The frame has aggressive texturing on the front strap, backstrap, and sides for increased traction. This year, H&R announced an expansion of its AR-15 lineup, bringing additional "retro" models to the market, including a 9 mm Luger-chambered Colt SMG clone, an M16A2-styled rifle and the carbine-size 723. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>. Unlike a standard Glock pistol, in which the polymer-composite frame is the serialized receiver, the OZ9 uses a modular steel receiver or chassis separate from the frame. However, as the PSA Dagger frame does not use the same exterior dimensions, you may have difficulty finding a holster compatible with the pistol if youve attached a light or laser. When you want a plug-and-play customized Glock clone, the FX-19 fills that gap. The 416R stainless-steel barrel is the perfect upgrade for a competition pistol, increasing accuracy and corrosion resistance. By the way, the MR918 uses the Glock light rail interface while the Nomad 9s light mounting rail is the more common 1913 pattern. You have entered an incorrect email address! The PSA Dagger shares parts compatibility with Gen3 Glock 19 parts, such as slides and barrels. Shadow Systems LLC 1001 Los Rios Boulevard, Suite 100 Plano, TX 75074 USA. Javascript is disabled on your browser. And the company spun that into a successful line of complete pistols utilizing the famed P80 Glock frames. While its not for everyone, its a truly beautiful and functional feat of engineering. Cookie Notice What started out as an unusual combination of plastic and steel has now become an industry standard.