Problem-solving is the process of resolving challenging or complex problems. Comparatives (elephants are bigger than lions) pre-intermediate. If you have the weakness of aggressiveness and anger, get a life coach to direct you and help you make some vital decisions to help work on your anger issues. is resilient), Has good character (e.g. Being Kind and friendly: 6. TEFL Unit 2 Test Answers It is also the desire for something to occur immediately. Mentors can guide you in all areas of life: schoolwork, college applications, career aspirations even emotional support. Honesty: 7. It removes the problem of you overestimating or underestimating yourself. Intelligence refers to ones ability in math, art, science, or any other subject. As the year goes on, I hope to work with Sam to keep up focus and develop strategies to reduce procrastination., Unsatisfactory The work submitted has been unsatisfactory this year. Dullness lacks intelligence or mental sharpness, sluggishness, stupidity, heaviness, and dim-wittedness. Words to Describe a Student Kindness suggests a level of genuineness that friendliness does not. WebProficiency. She will regularly be able to tell you both her strengths and weaknesses, and she can tell you about what went well and what did not go so well during an activity., Self-aware Sam is impressively self-aware. Well done, Sam!, Read More: 223 Copy-and-Paste Report Card Comments, Adequate Sams performance has been adequate throughout the year. Used to, be used to, get used to (I'm getting used to living in Spain) Upper-intermediate. This student does this better than any other student 8. Critical thinking: 10. Example weakness 1: self-critical I can be too critical of myself. Your email address will not be published. Academic Skills or Strengths: reading skills, writing skills, math or science skills, preferred subject area excellence, or study habits. Too Blunt 11. Finding and Understanding Your Academic Strengths and Weaknesses But again, we often go into IEP meetings with the mindset that the school is going to tell us no and we forget to address strengths or assets. Learn more about our academic and editorial standards. Everyone has a weakness, but you can work every day to improve yourself and work on your weakness. A students weakness is not always a bad thing, and there are always ways around it. Yea, I know that Humility alone is a strength on its own so if you want to boost your academic strengths and reduce your weaknesses list, make up your mind to be willing to learn. A pattern Ive noticed throughout my career is that I often feel I could have done more, even if objectively, Ive done well. Disruptive 8. (Best & Quick Answer), 5 Cheap Bars In London For Students (FAQs) | 2023, 20 Jobs That Pay Over 300k Per Year (FAQs) | 2023, 4 Best Engineering Schools In Virginia (Req, FAQs) | 2023, 5 Easiest Nursing School To Get Into (FAQs) | 2023, How To Become A CIMI (Certification, Cost, FAQs) | 2023, USC Dental School Acceptance Rate (FAQs) | 2023, Do Dentists Go To Medical School? WebUse this list to help identify a childs strengths. Everything has a solution. However, disobedience to established rules and standards is considered indiscreet. Self doubt 9. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Shipping Policy | Contact Info, Join +3 million people from leading companies in discovering what they are naturally great at. 56 Examples of Academic Strengths for 2. It creates self-awareness and motivates improvements: How to Answer What Is Your Greatest Strength? in an Interview: 5 Major Ways to Improve Academic Performance: 1. What are Student Strengths? List More so, you can practice communicating on asite like bazoocamor in speaking clubs. She appears to have become somewhat lazier in class. What are Student Strengths? List WebStudent Strengths and Weaknesses: List and 13 Examples for Students | My Strengths and Weaknesses Do you know your strengths and weaknesses? Getting organized is perhaps the best method to better your life in general and your academic life in particular. What are Student Strengths? List Stubborn 10. Find out what naturally flows from you, what you love doing; thats your strength. This student is highly motivated by 10. She loves her books and is keen to continue to fill her mind with knowledge., Funny Sam is a funny student who brightens up the students around her and always sees the lighter side in life. Writing down your accomplishments is a great way to keep yourself accountable as you work toward a goal. I believe Sam can do better than she has been doing so far. To improve further, I would recommend re-reading the exam questions twice so she doesnt miss key points in the questions., Disappointing Sams work has been disappointing of late. There are many ways that a student becomes more confident, but sometimes its up to the students themselves to take charge and determine what will work best for them. The act of guiding a group of people or an organization is leadership. She regularly passes the exams with ease and is progressing nicely., Sufficient Sams work is sufficient to pass on to the next course. The disruption of the schools normal, orderly operation is a direct result of this infraction of the norms and regulations that govern it. They typically build on students literacy and technical subject mastery, such as mathematics and science. If I set her a task, she goes about not only completing it, but doing the extra research to make sure she impresses me with her knowledge!, Smashing Success Sam is a smashing success! Discipline: 3. Finding and Understanding Your Academic Strengths and Weaknesses Open-mindedness: 12. Webacademic adaptable adventurous alert ambitious amicable analytical animated appreciative assiduous astute awesome bold bright brilliant bubbly busy capable careful clever collaborative committed competent confident conscientious considerate consistent cooperative coordinated cordial courageous courteous creative dedicated delightful With some effort and focus, we can turn this around before the end of the year., Substandard Sams work has been substandard and less than I know she is capable of. Student Strengths and Weaknesses The strengths should be identified, either through evaluations or anecdotal information from parents and teachers. Im sure there are many more adjectives you could use, and often times its best to simply genuinely reflect on how you would describe the student youre thinking about. Dealing with criticism: 13. Language: 15. This student does this better than any other student 8. In order to determine if your strengths match the companys needs and the jobs duties, interviewers ask this question. Academic weaknesses are drawbacks that an individual may encounter during learning. Its one of the majoracademic Strengthsthat takes time and commitment to groom. Finding and Understanding Your Academic Strengths and Weaknesses For example, if theyre having difficulty retaining information from the last time they studied for a test but excel at memorizing facts maybe they should try to take notes during lectures to better remember what was said. WebUse this list to help identify a childs strengths. Individualist 13. (Career Path, FAQs) | 2023, Is A Psychology Degree Useless? You can use the following steps to identify your strengths and weaknesses: Before seeking opinions from people, spend some time alone evaluating yourself. She is a lovely person and with more confidence and time, I do hope she finds her feet socially., Snarky While Sam is often a lovely student, she can at times make snarky and defensive comments that prevent her from truly taking on constructive feedback., Mathematical Sam has a mathematical mind that helps her work through issues of logic very effectively. They integrate their past experiences with the future and use this skill to advance their knowledge and skills. Be willing to learn from others. By surveying all of your students and taking into account their individual strengths and weaknesses, you can create a personalized learning environment that will help them succeed in school. Check out this guide to see the top 13 student strengths and student weaknesses contributing to academic success! Someone from New York, USA, just discovered their top 5 strengths! All rights reserved. Strengths Some kids may succeed academically despite procrastination, but this is not a healthy pattern to maintain. In addition, begin using your planner for homework due dates, exam dates, and other significant events. In addition, it may guide your efforts by showing you where to put your time and effort to get the best results. Some of my favorite words to describe a student include: MotivatedStudiousAnalyticalProactiveFocused If the student is performing poorly, some adjectives could be: UnfocusedDistractedUnderachievingMissing the mark Below is a long list of adjectives to describe students and Shes also competent at social aspects of learning including groupwork and presentations. WebProficiency. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and some can be developed over time. By talking to someone who can give you the right unbiased, non-judgmental advice and support, you can find yourself going to the next level as a student, without much difficulty. Strengths are unique aspects of a students character. Learn more about our academic and editorial standards. Leadership skills: 5. There are many benefits to having a mentor as a student. Identifying your strengths and weaknesses helps to improve your academic performance and your life in general. Talkative is a term used to describe someone who frequently speaks without meaning. The form and distribution of rewards discourage student motivation. All youve got to do is take some time out of your day (maybe in the morning before class or at night after dinner) and jot down three things that went well today and how they made you feel great about yourself. It will help you open up and learn how to present yourself as an intelligent person. Its important to remember that nobody wants to be told their opinions dont matter because theyre just kids, but at the same time, everyone has to go through this at some point or another. There is no way to be a good student if you do not know your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Then, help others become more confident by doing the same thing with them. Academic strengths include; curiosity, creativity, imagination, critical thinking, organization, time management, delayed gratification, and impulse control. Its not just about good grades, but every aspect of what you do as a student and person. Some pupils inability to perform well can be attributed to their irrational fear of failing. Some of the academic strengths that students have are curiosity, creativity, time management, delayed gratification, and impulse control. Academic skills refer to the abilities, strategies, and habits that enable students to succeed academically. Some of my favorite words to describe a student include: MotivatedStudiousAnalyticalProactiveFocused If the student is performing poorly, some adjectives could be: UnfocusedDistractedUnderachievingMissing the mark Below is a long list of adjectives to describe students and 6. She can often be seen planning things out ahead. The ability to lead people forward, make progress, and replicate other leaders. For an individual to be honest, they must both speak and act truthfully. Its not enough to just go through the motions. 6. Strengths and Weaknesses She needs to continue to maintain her study schedule to ensure she performs well in upcoming exams., Satisfactory Sam has been a satisfactory student. Impatience 5. Measuring development can be as simple as comparing a students current test score to their previous test score (known as a gain score) or as sophisticated as using a statistical model to account for academic and demographic variability among students. of Student Strengths and Weaknesses for IEP These are the qualities that teachers of any discipline find the most frustrating and disruptive to lessons of any kind. A student is a person who is attending classes at a school or university. He holds a PhD in education and has published over 20 articles in scholarly journals. Perhaps one day I will see her on the set of Jeopardy and be proud to know I was a part of hear learning story., Outstanding Sam has been an outstanding student all year long due to her ability to focus, support others, and perform under pressure., Overachiever Sam has been an overachiever all year and I wouldnt want it any other way! (Meaning, How to, Benefits, FAQs), How do Radio Stations Make Money? Even if it doesnt hurt them right now, it can end up hurting them in the long run when it comes to their grades. Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses Dealing with criticism: 13. She is often coming to class with questions she thought up overnight and she consistently seeks new opportunities to learn., Introspective Sams introspective nature makes her good at reflecting on her weaknesses and identifying avenues for self-improvement. I encourage her to continue working hard to see steady improvement over time.. The truth is that we all have strengths and weaknesses. Lack of Focus 6. WebStudent Strengths and Weaknesses: List and 13 Examples for Students | My Strengths and Weaknesses Do you know your strengths and weaknesses? The inability to begin a task due to a lack of confidence is a typical cause of procrastination among students. Additionally, practice examinations are an excellent way to identify your flaws and work on them. Do not worry if it is hard for you; instead, take that first step towards evaluation because it can make all the difference in your student success. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in getting our kids needs met on an IEP, we forget to address their strengths. Acknowledging your strengths helps boost your confidence levels. Common weaknesses include a fear of public speaking, lack of experience with software or a program, or difficulty with taking criticism. Discipline: 3. Along with developing their student strength, there are ways students could also develop skills relevant to careers such as teamwork and communication while working on projects together as opposed to students working by themselves. Self Criticism 3. Give back by offering to assist them in keeping tabs on their development aspirations. Used to, be used to, get used to (I'm getting used to living in Spain) Upper-intermediate. (Maximum, Loading, Limits), Colleges that dont require Supplemental Essays | 2023, Should I bring my console to College? Ask around and see if anybody would be willing to spend some time helping you succeed at school. Used to, be used to, get used to (I'm getting used to living in Spain) Upper-intermediate. Language: 15. People Pleasing 12. Student weaknesses are what prevent students from being their best. For example, if there is a student who has artistic skills, they may find themselves in art projects with their peers quite often, where they have an outlet for stress and anger from the days events. Here are the tips for you: Please find out your weakness and make out time to work on it. Words to Describe a Student Identifying and evaluating your strengths and weaknesses helps you know what you do best and need to improve. Dont downplay nor exaggerate your abilities, and neither should you beat yourself up over your flaws. However, dealing with shame and its boundaries becomes a continual aspect of a childs socialization, as norms and rules are everywhere. The ability to speak fluently is one of the majoracademic Strengthsof an individual. WebList of most common student weaknesses: Stubborn Lack of focus Fear of failure Procrastination Dramatic Inactive Greedy Aggressive Trouble with teams Unorganized Short-sighted Passive Delegating tasks Impatient Easily bored What are Student Weaknesses? Are you avisual learner(learn by sight) or are you anauditory learner(learn by hearing), or are you a tactile learner (learn by touch)? Character strengths Is honest and trustworthy Is caring, kind, and empathetic Helps others Shows loyalty Works hard Is resilient Shows independence Cooperates Social strengths Shares, takes turns, and can compromise Puts effort into making friends and keeping them Is a good listener There are many implications for how your brain works in different contexts, but one of the most important things to keep in mind is that you have strengths. Thousands of students go through school without ever hearing positive feedback about themselves or their work from an instructor or teacher which makes them feel like they dont matter and everything they do is not good enough because nobody tells them differently. Talk to other people who share your ambitions. But you can also improve with write my essay services to do well in essay writing.