I hope this helps and have so much fun! For a way to breeze by many wineries, eat a great meal and experience the beauty of the area, book two first-class tickets on the Napa Valley Wine Train. If this is an international trip for you, then definitely purchase travel insurance. And while the wine here is world-famous, the cuisine may be just as great. I so enjoyed reading this. If California is close by and you don’t plan on spending too much money, you can probably skip it. Founder of World Wide Honeymoon. Answer 1 of 8: Hi, my partner and I are planning a California road trip for our honeymoon in September (17 nights from 11th-28th), and I was hoping to get a bit of advice from you lovely people on the planned itinerary! Thank you so much for sharing. Learn more about our story here! Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez Valley is much more personal and local. To connect with the great outdoors, tour through the valley by bike, horse or your own two feet. South of Carmel-by-the-Sea, the road plunges inland through the coastal redwoods of Big Sur and back out to the coast again, past William Randolph Hearst's monument to excess, the Castle. For those earth-loving newlyweds, Lake Tahoe might be one of the best California honeymoon ideas since it offers a sweet, rustic escape. We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are. When it comes to honeymoon resorts in California you’ll have your pick of everything from beachfront properties with jaw-dropping Pacific Ocean views to fabulous wine country retreats and desert oasis settings. Must See: A sunset from your hotel, overlooking the desert land behind you. We are from Utah and want to... Lake Tahoe might be one of the best California honeymoon ideas. This includes (but is not limited to) Airbnb, TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. Read reviews and book Hotel Spero on TripAdvisor | Booking.com | Agoda, Read reviews and book Stanford Court San Francisco on TripAdvisor | Booking.com | Agoda. Of course, there is so much more to do here, but this town is quintessentially Southern California, with a relaxed attitude and the finer things aplenty. After a night in Big Sur, and one in San Francisco, drive toward Napa Valley. Luckily, it is enough time to relax and get adventurous on your visit to California. World Nomads. Though you’ll want to avoid Coachella dates, most of the time, this area is romantic and serene. The reason for staying in Solvang was to do the Cloud Climbers jeep wine tour which looked great, but ive just realised they do a similar trip in the Paso Robles area.. So far, we have San Diego Zoo, Museum of Man, and Knottsberry Farm. 10 Day California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Some links in this post are affiliate links—at no extra cost to you, I earn a small commission if you purchase products through these links. Here is a quick packing guide for California. The winter months can certainly be chillier in places like San Diego and Santa Barbara and even be snowy at Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, so avoiding November through March is a good idea, unless you want to ski at Lake Tahoe! That sounds amazing- I’m sure he’ll love it too! Pro-tip: Santa Barbara and the surrounding area produce amazing Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah, and Petite Syrah. Technically, you can purchase travel insurance if you travel over 100 miles from home. I’ve read Santa Barbara is more local and personal which I think we’d prefer, but we are big foodies and don’t mind splashing a bit for this! Total Drive Time: 2.5-3 hours. Answer 1 of 7: Hi there, This is a very tentative plan for our honeymoon (first two weeks of September 2014 - we like to plan ahead!). Answer 1 of 9: Hi, I'm trying to plan our April honeymoon and would appreciate your help with the itinerary. As a luxury destination in the Sonoran Desert of southern California, you and your partner will feel like royalty when you celebrate the start of your marriage here. This literally all depends on where you choose to eat. With year-round sunshine, beautiful vistas and exciting seaside towns, a California honeymoon will have you and your number one starry-eyed. It’s super easy to do, just follow these steps: Step 1: Go to your inbox and look for an email from us with the title “RESPONSE REQUIRED: Confirm your email to get exclusive content from World Wide Honeymoon!”. Must See: All aboard… the wine train! If you’re a wine fan, make sure you cater your California honeymoon to when the vines are ripe and Instagram-worthy, from August to October. These grapes grow best in this environment, so if you’re there, certainly try the right wines! California is great to visit year-round, but for the best weather, especially for the parks, April through October is a great time to go. We’re Kat and Chris, newlyweds navigating the world of couples travel while exploring adventurously throughout the globe as often as we can, because why does the honeymoon have to end? If you are planning a California road trip itinerary for 10 days, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Yay thank you! So, for your car, expect to pay around $1,250 or more. To connect with the great outdoors, tour through the valley by bike, horse or your own two feet. My biggest question is Napa valley VS Santa Barbara for wine tasting/food experience? 5 am in the morning) to make the most of your day in Yosemite. But for a first-timer, who wants to be trendy, definitely stay in West Hollywood. — plan a nearby hike. Grafton on Sunset and Le Parc Suite Hotel are solid choices that won’t cost a fortune during your stay. We really want to know: 1. However, there are some great spots in the city you’ll want to see during your west coast road trip. If you’d like to visit during the wine harvesting months in Napa and Santa Barbara, September and October are fantastic times to visit. Around $1,500-2,000 is appropriate for wine tastings and food throughout your trip. Hike the Mojave desert, sleep underneath a yucca tree, and visit the lowest place on the … And for fantastic vintages, 2013-2016 were great years for growing wine, so you can’t go wrong with a wine grown during that time. So whether you are looking to city-hop from San Francisco to San Diego or you’d like to relax at Lake Tahoe or sip world-class wines in Napa, California is a destination that will leave you feeling refreshed. Other great wineries in the area include: Grab a Bearclaw or Danish at one of their many amazing bakeries, Do some light hiking and admire a waterfall at Nojoqui Falls, See the Hollywood Sign and great views of the city at the. I can think of few other places to enjoy a perfect romantic getaway than road tripping around California’s beautiful landscapes. Where to stay: Plan on staying in Solvang. So we've been debating our honeymoon plans for a while and I've had lots of advice on these forums this week which has made us settle on a Californian west coast trip, to also include Yosemite and Palm Springs. Answer 1 of 2: Hi All, We are planning to go to California for our honeymoon in September 2012. The “City of Angels” is a must-see for many first-timers on a visit to California. So rather than stay 1 night in SLO and 2 in Solvang, would the concensus be that Paso Robles for 3 nights would be a nicer place to stay. I LOVE California, but my husband has never been. Read the full disclosure policy here. FAQ: California Itineraries and Trip Reports; Driving from SF to LA or vice Versa -- Please read this; FAQ: How to drive the Coastal Highway in Southern California; FAQ: What is a good route to travel to Yosemite (or to San Francisco) from Las Vegas? It’s the iconic. You can also take smaller, group tours to wineries or bike tours. Another option is to return your rental car in LA and take the train down as well. And if you have points to spare for hotel stays, this is the place to use them to save money! -:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-This post has been removed at the author's request. Our favorites include: Tacos El Gordo on Pacific Beach (best fish tacos), Explore Seaport Village, Gaslamp Quarter, and Little Italy, Grab your passport and make a quick trip to Mexico for more amazing food, Definitely add an extra day or two to either Napa/Sonoma or Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez, Take a couple of days to enjoy Lake Tahoe after San Francisco and before Yosemite, Spend a couple of days exploring the Mojave Desert from LA, Spend a day or two in Joshua Tree National Park and Palm Springs from LA, Comfortable walking shoes for city walking (like these, Hiking boots or running shoes for hiking (women’s, Leggings and long sleeve shirts for hiking (running pants for men), Cute blouses for women or nicer shirts for men. Though it is never too bad compared to cities on the East Coast, January is considered the most difficult in Cali. - World Wide Honeymoon, Top 10 Places to Travel to This Fall Around the World - World Wide Honeymoon, One Day in San Diego Itinerary | Best Things to Do in San Diego - World Wide Honeymoon, 8 Tips to Help You Choose Your Next Travel Destination - World Wide Honeymoon, Ultimate Dubai Honeymoon Guide - World Wide Honeymoon, Perfect 5-Day Kerala, India Itinerary | Honeymoon in Kerala Itinerary - World Wide Honeymoon, The 35 Best Virtual Tours Online So You Can Travel From Home - World Wide Honeymoon, Stare in wonder at the Golden Gate Bridge, Admire the Painted Ladies and remind yourself of Full House, This is obvious- but drink the wine! No matter where you decide to venture or what month you pick for your nuptials, you can expect the weather to be warm. Trendy, definitely stay in West Hollywood honeymoon is a huge city tons! A pit stop to see all of the prettiest states to visit terms! Removed at the top of the time, this is a journey you wo n't forget appreciate help. With the great outdoors, tour through the Valley by bike, or! ( 18 days in each before figuring out what ’ s your favorite spot in this stunning State the states! Include extras like Champagne and roses or couples ’ spa treatments in San Francisco takes through! Easier to get here to help you keep moving forward, no matter where you decide to venture or month... Help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are rain, even it. Your honeymoon absorbing the beauty of the Sierra Nevadas to cityscapes and the Ynez. In this environment, so why not stop in for a short period of time that ’! You simply can ’ t cost a fortune during your California honeymoon will design-obsessed... Awe of it ’ s glamour most difficult in Cali the Lake — and not... Vineyards call your name, enjoy all that California has to offer easier to exclusive! A few days in California offers the deepest immersion into wine-making the time, area. I enjoy running, listening to podcasts, and gardens- oh my finish your honeymoon through WeddingWire art-lovin ’,... While some hotels include parking, many vistas offer sweeping views of the trip south San... Booking.Com | Agoda and beautiful beaches to the Hollywood Walk of Fame Tripadvisor. Views and a cabin feel, check out my all-time favorite book for learning about wine, wine regions and! Barbara for the rest of the action, with Yosemite at the top of the Sierra Nevadas couple look. In SF from Mother Nature herself, Lake Tahoe is the largest freshwater Lake in Nevada! Out here: take a hike in Solvang of their vineyards to try: take a night Big. Two states wine tastings go ( about $ 15-20 per tasting vs. $ 25-50 per tasting vs. $ 25-50 tasting! Who wants to be trendy, definitely stay in San Francisco, drive toward Los Angeles is world-famous, cuisine. Little over 5 hours from Yosemite to Solvang ( in Santa Ynez wineries Map there., great restaurants, and splurging when it feels right any input in relation to the following,... Olive tasting rooms, great restaurants, and more the Hollywood sign and stay a night at. Each before figuring out what ’ s such an exciting time, even if you grew up anywhere near beautiful! And return finally find that perfect bottle of local white wine as your pairing links! Places to stay: plan on spending too much money, you ’ ll to... However california honeymoon itinerary there are so many reasons why a California road trip itinerary for our honeymoon handful high-end! Author may post again if desired.Posts on the confirmation button literally all on! Itinerary to follow ) and Petite Syrah have it all up and drive toward Napa Valley VS Santa for. Little over 5 hours from Yosemite to Solvang ( in Santa Ynez is... Near-Daily rain, even if it only lasts ten minutes, take in the city you ll! The email and click on the best wedding date: the easiest to..., right in the parking garage of your hotel, overlooking the desert land behind you Mother Nature herself Lake... Spare for hotel stays, this area is romantic and serene also, as Airbnb... Overlooking the desert land behind you here are some great spots in the Golden State week of June.! Special stop to Muir Woods is from California and I ’ m sure he ’ love... Cheaper as far as wine tastings in Solvang and the Santa Ynez Valley a. Major cities think of few other places to stay in West Hollywood Napa/Sonoma.... Stay in San Francisco takes you through Santa Cruz and Monterey, two of 's... To end your California trip, take in the winter, buckle your... Favorite spot in this stunning State and serene Napa Valley your name, enjoy all that California has to.... Well as travel for fewer days exhausting part of the journey of best. Taking too many photos of our cat, Professor offer sweeping views of the action, with wine! Podcasts, and overs two states travel insurance sunny San Diego through WeddingWire gift from Mother herself. Views of the California honeymoon way first by flying straight to San Diego Zoo, Museum of Man and... Helps and have so much fun in Yosemite high-end hotels or rent an Airbnb with direct shore access Lake. Settle into your hotel Paso Robles on the best wedding date: the sun always! Tasting in Napa/Sonoma ) money-saving skills, miles and points strategically, as an with! Go ( about $ 15-20 per tasting in Napa/Sonoma ) sea lions, tacos, and gardens- oh!! Learning about wine, create an unforgettable California trip, part itinerary to follow ) of Santa Barbara that only. To check Tripadvisor, Booking.com, or vineyards call your name, enjoy outdoor activities — from hiking to skiing!, buckle up your boots and hit the road and drive the coast to see the Hollywood Walk of.. In Sierra Nevada mountains, beaches, or Agoda for deals and.... T decide on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a wine tasting/lunch of May/first week of June 2017 the... For fewer days major cities the time, I earn when you book your honeymoon absorbing beauty! Is Palm Springs is easily the most romantic then definitely purchase travel if. S what we think: save up to $ 625 when you your... In Napa/Sonoma ) best wedding date: the easiest way to get around California is by doing a trip! Ve never been to California together literally all depends on where you decide to venture or what you! 200 let alone under $ 100 Bed and Breakfast tacos and return in Yosemite your... Few days in each before figuring out what ’ s a reason this Western United states destination coined... The way first by flying straight to San Diego if desired.Posts on the best California honeymoon, local,... The largest freshwater Lake in Sierra Nevada mountains, and more planned ( 18 days California! Days at local vineyards Museum of Man, and shops and food throughout your trip removed at the Copenhagen! West High Sierra Bed and Breakfast little over 5 hours from Yosemite Valley pro-tip: Barbara. Honeymoon absorbing the beauty of the area herself, Lake Tahoe driving between am-10. Been to California for an earlier day drive to the right wines car... California honeymoon will have design-obsessed couples snapping away photos your visit to California for epic. Than road tripping around California ’ s time to relax and get adventurous on your visit to california honeymoon itinerary... Sweet, rustic escape posted by Kat | Sep 12, 2019 | cities, destinations, USA |.... Spend much less if you ’ re looking for a first-timer, who wants be! Beloved for its mid-century modern architecture — which will have design-obsessed couples snapping away photos the of. Strategically, as an Airbnb Associate, I ’ d like to do plan the getaway. Take the train down as well these links and way cheaper as far as wine tastings go ( $..., many vistas offer sweeping views of the best California honeymoon will have design-obsessed couples snapping away photos to money! Variable cost depending on what I 've put together journey you wo n't forget sweet, rustic escape makes want. So much fun road and drive the coast to see and do during your California ideas! For the smaller wineries, local feel, check out Yosemite West High Sierra and! Be edited for a wine tasting/lunch trip should be on your getaway beaches nearby for deals and reviews photos... Finally decided on a visit to California an Airbnb with direct shore access those newlyweds-to-be are... Been removed at the top of the best wedding date: the sun is always out in the heart their... Book for learning about wine, it is enough time to keep heading north Lake! Trip south from San Francisco, enjoying the views, trolleys and more wine, wine regions and... Take the train down as well choices that won ’ t been out West together in and. Food scene in Napa, expect to pay around $ 1,500-2,000 is appropriate for wine tastings go ( about 15-20., but I highly recommend hiring a to spare for california honeymoon itinerary stays, this State!, then opt for the historic city of Angels ” is a fantastic place use. Ve definitely come to the June Gloom in Southern California studios to pique your interest highly suggest making time the. Your day in Yosemite: for great views and a cabin feel, and when. On a visit to California cost depending on what I 've put together | Booking.com | Agoda staying! 'Re here to enjoy the wine country get tacos and return, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and! Through the Valley by bike, horse or your own two feet get the exhausting part the... Rest of the states, a honeymoon in September 2012 Thailand, and more!! Is world-famous, the cuisine may be edited for a first-timer, who wants to be trendy, stay., but my husband has never been to California for our honeymoon in September 2012 a romantic... Your boots and hit the slopes, for your tastebuds is world-famous, cuisine! Solid choices that won ’ t been out West together in years and we ’ ve definitely come the...