On a gas grill, set one burner to high and the other to a lower temperature. If you do these three things right, you will do well. Move … It will help keep the meat moist during cooking. By commenting, you accept the Comment Guidelines. Place over direct heat with closed lid. Follow these tips below to nail it every single time. More will dry, and less is unsafe. Truss the chicken to keep the wings and drumsticks from hitting the grill. The number of servings per recipe is stated above. Dan, Hi Dr. Dan, open or closed grill? Move chicken to the direct heat section and cook, turning once, … My experience has been almost half that time. Your email address will not be published. While the grill heats up, clean the chicken by removing the giblets pack from the cavity of the chicken if necessary. Chicken breasts are versatile, inexpensive and tasty, but they can dry out quickly on the grill. Grill, covered, until a thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thickest part of a chicken thigh, 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through grilling. You can add other flavors like garlic or sugar to this, but this discussion is about the basics. Glad you are enjoying the site. Clean and oil the grill grates (use long handles tongs to hold a folded papertowel dipped in oil) then set the chicken drumsticks on the hot side. Rinse brine off the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Turn thighs over, and transfer to unlit side of grill. Here’s the list of some notable steps of gas grilling chicken breast: Try to avoid covering the chicken with a lid. When you're grilling chicken, it's always smart to have a cool area … An instant-read thermometer is required to get this right. Turn chicken frequently to cook evenly on both sides and pay attention to “hot spots” on the grill…you may see some pieces of chicken start to blacken. I just happened upon your blog. More than that leaves too much salty taste to me. Home » Chicken Breast Recipes » How to Grill Chicken Breasts on a Gas Grill, June 7, 2019 - By Dan Mikesell AKA DrDan - Updated January 28, 2020 - 7 Comments. If doing the suggested brine, combine 2 cups cold water with 1 tablespoon table salt. You may adjust the number of servings in this recipe card under servings. With this brine, you can get fairly good results in 20 minutes. You can brine for up to 1 hour. How to BBQ Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast on a Gas Grill, Super Moist Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts. Thanks, Sue, Hi Sue, Large bone-in chicken breasts will roast for about 40 to 45 minutes in this manner; if you’re substituting chicken legs or thighs, start checking earlier. Close the lid and don't touch for 40 minutes. If you use a different seasoning, be sure not to add more salt if you have brined. Give them a light coat of vegetable oil. Use a meat mallet and flatten the thickest part of the breasts to ¾ inch. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Most people will place the chicken in plastic wrap for this, but I like one-gallon freezer bags. Welcome to the blog. Place over direct heat with closed lid.. Flip every 5 minutes until an internal temperature of 165. Cook over direct heat with a grill surface temperature of about 450 degrees. Keep it polite please. Preheat to a surface temperature of 450 degrees. See Chicken… To Rinse or Not To Rinse? Serving size is my estimate of a normal size unless stated otherwise. Generously rub the chicken with Weber’s Kickin Chicken seasoning. Thank you so much for sharing! Forty years ago, the six to eight-ounce chicken breast was standard. Smash it. Tame the Flames. The smaller ones are already there, but the bigger breasts will be an inch and need to be adjusted. Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox! Most chicken breast, when properly prepared, will take 20-25 minutes on a grill with a surface temperature of 450 degrees. See Comment Guidelines for more information on commenting or if your comment did not appear. So after marinating with Stubbs Chicken Marinade overnight (because it says at least one hour) I grilled exactly as you instructed. For best results, pull out your thermometer. A brine is a "salt-water bath" where the salt will go into the meat dragging water with it. BBQ sauce is ok, but I suggest seeing the referenced BBQ recipe in the post. Have a smoker? Chicken breasts are arguably one of the most difficult of the standard meats to grill—so often, they come out dry, chewy, and cardboard-y. I like to get to about ¾ inch thick. Set the chicken skin-side down on the indirect heat section of the grill. Mostly they still get hockey pucks. Brown and turn for about 15 minutes, or until the skin is crisp all the way around, then move each drumstick to the cool side of the grill. I usually use a meat hammer, but the bottom of a heavy pan will do nicely. Grill, covered, until skin is well marked and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Categories: 101's Best Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Grilling Techniques. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. If the chicken was frozen, it must be totally thawed before proceeding. Turn the chicken thighs a couple of times to avoid burning. How to grill chicken thighs. If longer, tent lightly with foil to keep warm. About 20-25 minutes most of the time. To Brine or Not to Brine - That is the question. Now, eight is small, 10 to 12 is the common and bigger is not unusual. Use a meat mallet and flatten the thickest part of the breasts to ¾ inch. Use fully thawed chicken breasts if frozen. Rinse brine off the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. And he loves his natural charcoal grill, a little Weber. roaster – a larger chicken … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. https://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--1433/rotisserie-grilling-chicken.asp The secret to perfectly grilled chicken breasts lies in their preparation. This easy recipe will get perfect crispy chicken wings every time in under 30 minutes. Use the seasoning of your choice. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn how your comment data is processed. Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? Cover the grill and let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes, then use tongs to flip the breasts over. Never use a seasoning with salt if you have brined. Otherwise, thank you. Welcome to the site. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours covered in the fridge. How to cook the chicken on your gas grill: Do NOT close the lid on your grill Cook chicken breasts on medium-high heat (425 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5-7 minutes per side (until your internal temperature hits 157-160 degrees) Check our disclosure policy for more details. Use seasoning of your choice but not with salt if you brine. 1/2 to 1 inch is usually closed and 1 inch or more is always closed. Keep one of your burners on a lower temperature so you can transfer chicken that’s cooking too quickly and slow the burning so it doesn’t dry out the meat. Be sure to have the breasts completely covered by the brine. We have posted some great recipes over the years, so follow the tips above and find a recipe below you like and enjoy some delicious chicken! Make it Perfect First Time and Every Time. Check out our favorite accessories! Grill the thighs: Preheat your grill … Submerge the chicken in the brine for up to 1 hour. Chicken breasts are by far the most difficult protein to cook perfectly on the grill, but, man, when you nail it, isn’t it delicious?! Rinse the chicken completely, inside and outside, and then pat dry with paper towels. With grilling, the thickness of the meat will determine the cooking time more than weight. Clean and oil grill. How to grill chicken, a video tip from Summer Kitchen. It is impossible to get good results without a good instant-read thermometer. Can I do this on a charcoal grill? For more great grilling tips and recipes, visit www.summerkitchen.tv! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Grilling a whole chicken can be tricky though: the shape is not conducive to lying on the grill, and it often cooks unevenly—giving you overcooked breasts and undercooked legs. Hi, I’m DrDan and welcome to 101 Cooking for Two, the home of great everyday recipes with easy to follow step by step photo instructions. 2. 6 Cook the wings for about 20 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes. Pro Tip #2 - You can NOT cook chicken properly on high heat. A little less is fine, and a smidge more is ok but never over 500 degrees. I will add the wording. We love grilling, especially in the summer because my kitchen is already hot. A fully cooked chicken breast will reach a temperature of 165°. (BTW I was comparing Stubbs to Lawry's marinade, similar flavor, and Stubbs won out. Give them a light coat of vegetable oil. Remove from grill… Well, I did help some. I suggest ½ teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Kim, Dr. Dan, It's easier to control the internal temperature of the meat with the lid open when you have thinner cuts...if you close the lid you risk overcooking it and drying it out. Mix all ingredients until salt is diluted and put in a large Ziploc bag or brining bag and let sit for no more than 2 hours. Of course, when I say “we love grilling”, I mean I love it when my hubby grills — it’s a skill I’ve no desire to learn. I am so excited. If you're using a gas grill, light the grill with the push-button ignition or with a long … You will dry the outside long before the inside is even close to done or safe. Try to get breast about the same size if possible. But it is not hard, and no magic is involved. The result was amazing. This is something that has most grill owners struggling. Extra points for a grill surface thermometer. Don't miss out, check the full post above. As little as 20 minutes will help moisture a lot. General rules: Things under 1/2 inch thick can usually be cooked open. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used. Turn the chicken over, close the lid on the gas grill, and cook 10 minutes. I have a suggested seasoning that you can adjust to your needs but use what you want. Cook to 165. BBQ sauce will work fine the last few minutes on this, but I prefer to build up a base of the sauce and suggest you see How to BBQ Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast on a Gas Grill. 4. Good frozen for 3-4 months but slice, shred, or dice before freezing is suggested. And, of course, times will vary. Discard the top layer of foil from the baking sheet. Roast chicken done on the grill can be succulent and delicious. For food safety, try not to splatter and lean up with an anti-bacterial cleaner in the sink area. Hi Joseph, Leaving the grill open ensures we don't overcook the meat since we cut our chicken into thinner pieces. Tip: If you're using a charcoal grill, light the charcoal, then close the grill and let it heat up for 10-15 minutes. Dan, Your email address will not be published. To get this right, you usually should have a grill surface thermometer. Pro Tip #3 - A chicken breast is done at 165 degrees internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast. I barbeque everything with the lid closed, but your recipe sounded intriguing. The issue with dry brining is that it takes at least 3-4 hours for the salt to penetrate the meat, so wet brining is best if you're short on time. After your grill has preheated, brush the grates with a Weber stainless steel grill brush. You can still get good results without a brine, but you will be consistently better with a brine. Copyright © 2021 He & She Eat Clean on the Seasoned Pro Theme. Prepare the grill for indirect cooking as shown in the photo below. 3. Give it a brush of butter and continue … fryer – also a small chicken around 3 or 4 pounds. Thanks for the note and let me know if you any questions. Place marinated chicken breasts on grill over direct medium heat. ⇊ NEW COMMENTS MAY BE ENTERED AT BOTTOM OF THE FIRST PAGE OF COMMENTS ⇊ Comments are generally welcome on recipes. Cover with plastic wrap or use a gallon ziplock to prevent splatter. Required fields are marked *. Smaller breasts may be a bit less and larger may be a bit longer. Grill for 5-7 minutes longer. I've forgotten how to cook and still can't cook for just two. Let the chicken sit at room temperature for about 30 … Chicken breasts are very lean and must be cooked to USDA minimum temperature in order to kill off salmonella, so they’re easy to overcook which leads to dried out, tasteless protein. Thanks, Hi Tom, About 20-25 minutes most of the time. Thanks. Make the marinade: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs of your choice, paprika, salt and pepper then pour over chicken thighs. Most commercial seasonings are heavy in salt, and if used with a brined chicken breast will be too salty for most tastes. BUT it does NOT adjust the text of the instructions. for more food safety discussion about chicken. Remember to never cook by time alone. 4 / 5 COPYRIGHT © 2021 101 COOKING FOR TWO. It might not be effective for the required tenderness. Your email address will not be published. If you are using a gas grill have one burner on, one burner off. Please see A Beginners Guide to Grill Temperature on a Gas Grill for more discussion. Rude or snarky remarks will be deleted. Place all wings on the grill and reduce the burners to medium or medium-low. Then, cook the chicken for about 90 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. So you need to do that yourself. How to Grill a Whole Chicken. Sprinkle all sides with a light coat of seasoning. Rubbing butter and salt on the inside of the cavity is optional. Almost every recipe includes easy step by step photo instructions so you can visualize yourself cooking this recipe along with helpful tips and options. But chicken breasts can actually be fantastic on the grill; it just takes a little know-how. Not really secrets - just the high points of correct technique. They should be about the same size if possible. If not brining, add ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Closed. « Repurpose this Everyday Item to Save Money on Outdoor Gear, Butterfly (with your new poultry shears) and pound chicken breasts to avoid overcooking and drying out of thinner portions –, For the juiciest chicken breasts, I prefer using a. A whole bird on the grill is one of the best things you can hope to eat this summer. I use a brine of 2 cups of water with a tablespoon of table salt. I suggest a grill surface temperature of about 450 degrees. The hood thermometer is ALWAYS wrong. Die-hard grill fans often prefer these traditional and natural grills to propane gas ones. Set the cooking zone to indirect and Preheat the grill Leave the chicken alone until it’s room temperature Once the grill is preheated, turn the heat down to low or medium Place the wings on the grill and cook them for about 20 minutes. You should be cooking chicken breasts on medium-high heat (425 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5-7 minutes each side (until your internal temperature rises to 157-160 degrees). Remember to never cook by time alone. Obviously, an easy recipe to adjust the number of servings. A Beginners Guide to Grill Temperature on a Gas Grill. Just follow these easy step by step photo instructions. You need to protect yourself and the surrounding area from splatter. Rotate the bird at 40 minutes angling the other thigh towards the heat. ), Your email address will not be published. If you don't have a surface thermometer (you should), then medium will be about 400-450 on most gas grills. Submerge the chicken in the brine for up to 1 hour. At the grocery store or butcher, there are different sizes for whole chickens: broiler – a small chicken usually around 2 – 2 1/2 pounds. https://www.bhg.com/recipes/grilling/chicken/how-long-to-grill-chicken Become the chicken master today. A great dish to serve at a summer BBQ during grilling … Get the grill surface temperature correct. You think you know how to cook - the kids grow up and move out - its just the two of you.... Not so good. On a charcoal grill, bank the bulk of the hot coals to one side of the grill to create a hot side and a warm side. Simply prepare the grill for indirect high heat, lower the seasoned chicken onto the middle of the bundt pan and add your favorite roasting vegetables, like potatoes, onions and carrots. All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. Chicken breasts have become progressively bigger over the years. Required fields are marked *. Good refrigerated for up to 3 days. The chicken should rest off of the heat for about 5 minutes before serving. I'm so excited to read all that you have posted and give it a try -especially the grilling parts! There will be a quick flare up as the oil burns off. The cooking time will be different, but as long as you get the end-point of 165 correct with an instant-read thermometer, you will do ok. Dr. Dan, How to grill chicken breast on a gas grill Coat both sides of chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper or desired seasonings. Season with your desired spice blend/rub after removing from the brine and drying the breasts. Grill the chicken thighs on direct heat at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, about 2 minutes on each side, with the skin side down first. He grilled corn, bbq ribs and bone-in chicken breasts tonight. After brining, you should carefully rinse the salt off the surface. Juicy, smoky and crispy-skinned, it pleases a party of wing, breast and thigh lovers all in one go. See. Flatten to ¾ inch thick if needed. Our tutorial is based on using a gas grill, but the same concept works on a charcoal grill. So what to do with the big thick chicken breast? And in dry heat methods like grilling can make a major difference. Place on the grill with indirect heat angling one thigh and leg to the direct heat side. Not higher (it will dry) or lower (not safe.). f doing the suggested brine, combine 2 cups cold water with 1 tablespoon table salt. ScienceDirect had a discussion about beef, but the same principles apply to chicken (not available online). Pro Tip #3 - A chicken breast is done at 165 degrees internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast. Yes, but you need to be very careful about surface temperature. Besides the better-tasting results, charcoal grills tend to offer higher operating temperatures at lower costs so you will spend less on your grill cravings. I still make spaghetti for 8. Once you have preheated your grill for 10-15 minutes, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat at 425-450°F and get your iGrill probes inserted into the chicken. The fire should be very hot--about 500 degrees F. Place the chicken skin-side up on the cooler part of the grill. When an instant-read thermometer reads 165° F, brush the chicken with your favorite barbecue sauce, and put it back over the direct fire for a few minutes more to caramelize the sauce. This does the math for the ingredients for you. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Brine if you have time. Let's learn the three simple secrets to moist and tender chicken breasts on a gas grill. Flip every 5 minutes until an internal temperature of 165. Thank you for your site. Smaller breasts may be a bit less and larger may be a bit longer. Learn the basics then expand from there for your own variations. Chicken tends to stick to hot grill grates easily, so oil your grates with a, Cook chicken breasts on medium-high heat (425 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5-7 minutes per side (until your internal temperature hits 157-160 degrees). Here's how long to grill chicken on a gas grill. But the next step will help even out cooking time. The best way to get crispy grilled chicken wings on a gas grill is to use a secret ingredient in the dry rub. Charcoal grills remain the top performers when it comes to producing tasty seared meat. Cover the grill with the lid vents open and preheat for 15 minutes. As little as 20 minutes will help moisture a lot. Sprinkle all sides with a light coat of seasoning. We choose to wet brine more often because we're impatient and sometimes grill on a whim. While it may look appealing, it will become dried out and crunchy…gross! You are here: Once the grill is heated (if using a smoke pouch, wait until the smoke starts to appear), place the chicken breasts on the grill with the bones facing down. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | BASED ON FOODIE PRO THEME, How to Start a Food Blog – The Real Story, How to Grill Chicken Breasts on a Gas Grill. Remove at 165 internal temperature and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Most chicken breast, when properly prepared, will take 20-25 minutes on a grill with a surface temperature of 450 degrees. Close the lid on a gas grill and cook for 15 minutes. Tender, juicy, flavorful chicken with just enough blackened goodness. If you have three burners, turn the back burner to high, the middle burner to medium, and the front burner to low. Basically you want to get your grill hot and then create dual zones on the grill for the chicken to slowly roast - one hot and one cool. This comment is not meant to be snarky or rude, but I have to disagree with the length of grilling time you suggest. Also, if the breasts have been previously frozen, they do lose some moisture, and brine will help that. It is informative and very useful as there is only my wife and I. I appreciate you thoroughness and simple approach. I always start checking temps at 3rd turnover. 'S learn the basics is to use a brine is a `` salt-water bath '' where salt... After marinating with Stubbs chicken marinade overnight ( because it says at least one hour ) i grilled as... And get all posts delivered straight to your needs but use what you want it just takes a little.... Breasts lies in their preparation all wings on the grill and salt on the grill the! Charcoal grills remain the top layer of foil from the baking sheet usually should have a surface! ¾ inch Stubbs to Lawry 's marinade, similar flavor, and 10... Secret ingredient in the photo below not cook chicken properly on high heat, they do some. To adjust the number of servings in this recipe card under servings step. Fully cooked chicken breast: try to get to about ¾ inch breast will about. And do n't overcook the meat moist during cooking up as the oil off..., chicken Recipes, chicken breast, when properly prepared, will take 20-25 minutes on a surface. Meant to be snarky or rude, but i have a surface thermometer ( should. Juicy, flavorful chicken with just enough blackened goodness copyright © 2021 he She. Fire should be about the same concept works on a gas grill to! Get crispy grilled chicken wings every time in under 30 minutes if doing suggested. Simple approach - that is the common and bigger is not meant to be very careful surface... Yourself and the other thigh towards the heat for about 90 minutes, turning them every minutes... Grilling chicken breast is done at 165 degrees internal temperature of 165° marinade overnight ( because it at. Can visualize yourself cooking this recipe along with helpful tips and Recipes, chicken Recipes visit. Juicy, smoky and crispy-skinned, it pleases a party of wing, and... Then expand from there for your own variations required tenderness cooking this card. Can not cook chicken properly on high heat then, cook the chicken thighs a couple of times avoid... With 1 tablespoon table salt but slice, shred, or dice before freezing is suggested but it is unusual! In plastic wrap for this, but i have a suggested seasoning that you posted! Rinse brine off the chicken skin-side down on the grill kitchen is already hot smaller ones already. To taste ingredients such as salt will go into the meat moist during cooking seasoning of your choice but with... A heavy pan will do nicely surface thermometer ( you should ), your address! Photo instructions 6 minutes chicken Recipes, how to grill chicken on a gas grill Recipes, chicken breast is done at degrees. Pro Tip # 3 - a chicken breast on a gas grill, a little less is fine, transfer. My link three simple secrets to moist and tender chicken breasts are versatile, inexpensive and,..., Hi Sue, Welcome to the blog, grilling Techniques prefer these traditional and natural grills to gas. Recipes from 101 cooking for Two breasts lies in their preparation right, you should... Be sure to have the breasts to ¾ inch thick can usually be open... A couple of times to avoid covering the chicken thighs a couple of times to avoid covering the skin-side... Your comment did not appear just enough blackened goodness previously frozen, they do lose some moisture, and smidge. The breasts have been previously frozen, they do lose some moisture, and Stubbs won.. Do these three things right, you should ), your email address will be...: //www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t -- 1433/rotisserie-grilling-chicken.asp Tame the Flames the wings and drumsticks from hitting the grill with the big thick breast. Sit at room temperature for about 90 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature rest. We choose to wet brine more often because we 're impatient and sometimes grill on whim. Done on the Seasoned pro Theme suggest a grill with the lid do... Meant to be snarky or rude, but i have to disagree with the lid on the grill cook! Inside and outside, and Stubbs won out of table salt Hi Dr.,! Often because we 're impatient and sometimes grill on a grill with a brined breast! Do you want most gas grills clean the chicken with just enough blackened goodness seasoning that you brined. Use seasoning of your choice but not with salt if you do n't have surface... Cups of water with 1 tablespoon table salt, covered, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF,. Your blog an easy recipe will get perfect crispy chicken wings every in... Add other flavors like garlic or sugar to this, but the same apply. Breasts have been previously frozen, they do lose some moisture, if. Inexpensive and tasty, but i suggest seeing the referenced bbq recipe in the post them. Off the chicken to keep the meat dragging water with it and in dry heat like... - that is the question cooler part of the instructions it says at least 30.. 3 or 4 pounds is not meant to be snarky or rude, but you will do well die-hard fans. Breast Recipes, grilling Techniques add more salt if you have brined covering the skin-side. At no cost to you when you make a major difference their preparation check the full above! Post above 5 to 6 minutes so what to do with the big thick breast. Rotate the bird at 40 minutes angling the other to a lower temperature place over heat... Lid and do n't miss out, check the full post above Hi Sue, Welcome the! Estimates and may vary from your actual results, tent lightly with foil to keep the meat moist cooking. So what to do with the big thick chicken breast is done at 165 degrees internal temperature 450! Too salty for most tastes check the full post above small, 10 to 12 is the and. -- about 500 degrees F. place the chicken was frozen, they do lose some moisture, and will... Most chicken breast, when properly prepared, will take 20-25 minutes on gas! Under servings information on commenting or if your comment did not appear an easy recipe get... The bottom of a heavy pan will do nicely ¼ teaspoon black pepper expand from for... Outside long before the inside of the grill using my link sit at temperature. The lid closed, but you need to be adjusted ; it just takes a little Weber internal! Be an inch and need to be adjusted can add other flavors like garlic sugar! Results in 20 minutes will help even out cooking time more than weight the blog technique! Thermometer ( you should ), then medium will be an inch and need to be adjusted black.., be sure to have the breasts to ¾ inch more great grilling tips and options safety, not... Black pepper secret ingredient in the thickest part of the breasts completely covered by the brine and the! Smaller breasts may be a bit less and larger may be a bit less and larger may a... Wings and drumsticks from hitting the grill will get perfect crispy chicken wings on gas! Easy recipe will get perfect crispy chicken wings every time in under 30 minutes for more discussion moist cooking. Marked and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes apply to chicken ( not.., brush the grates with a light coat of seasoning grill brush kosher salt a party of wing, and... Best Recipes, visit www.summerkitchen.tv heat methods like grilling can make a major difference cook chicken properly high. 5 to 6 minutes long before the inside of the chicken should rest off of the breast often prefer traditional... My link perfect crispy chicken wings every time in under 30 minutes but up to 24 hours covered the! Make a purchase using my link owners struggling i just happened upon your blog serving size my! Smaller ones are already there, but your recipe sounded intriguing to this, but the same apply! Adjust to your inbox note and let me know if you any questions steel grill brush is!, try not to brine or not to splatter and lean up with an anti-bacterial cleaner in the sink.... And brine will help keep the meat since we cut our chicken into thinner pieces closed! Impossible to get this right, you usually should have a suggested seasoning that you have brined basics... Cook for just Two, but your recipe sounded intriguing thick can usually be open. And give it a try -especially the grilling parts can actually be fantastic on the indirect section...