Hey, friends, popping in today with a super quick and simple vegetable side dish for you. Simmer in a frying pan of salted, boiling water. that it is becoming so much easier to prepare wonderful food without meat, dairy, etc.. Keep up the good work. The process is hands-off, easy, and fast. Steamed asparagus is frequently served with a bit of butter and salt. If so what is the surefired way? asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, and I love it roasted or grilled. You can also find more vegetarian recipes in the recipe index here. YUM! Your keto jumpstart OR reset! When it is done, I sprinkle with nutritional yeast…Delicious~. Wholesome Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Use the buttons below to buy my new Besti sweeteners and Wholesome Yum keto ingredients, developed by me personally! Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil. Simply arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder if you’d like. So glad to try a new way! Rude or inappropriate comments will not be published. Rearrange in a single layer. I love asparagus so much but I never know the best way to cook it. Roasted: Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I want to make them the day before so all she has to do is “reheat them” WITHOUT loosing the flavor or texture. And that is always a good thing when it comes to dinner, right? Trim the ends of the asparagus stalk with a vegetable trimmer. Your email address will not be published. I was in the middle of a kitchen remodel when everyone was locked down. I can’t guarantee that you’ll have any leftovers though, this asparagus goes quick at our house and rarely even makes it into the refrigerator. I like to add a squeeze of lemon afterward. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the spears are lightly crisp and tender. Note: most toaster ovens come with a little tray that is perfectly fine for to use to roast your asparagus. Will be making this again soon! This is one of my favorite vegetable side dishes to eat. Just cut them into bite-sized pieces! We love oven baked asparagus! I am so happy we are already on asparagus season. Here we explore how to cook asparagus spears on the stove by steaming or boiling, in the oven or microwave. This asparagus makes a great veggie side dish for low carb chicken recipes,grilled steak, and is especially tasty as a side to an egg dish for a spring brunch. Thanks for the tips helped me cook it perfectly. bake asparagus 375, baked asparagus, how long to bake asparagus. Thanks for these detailed instructions for baked asparagus. Here is how it looks when it’s done. Thanks for the tips. But, you do want to trim the end off of the asparagus stalk, as it’s very tough, woody, and inedible. Thanks for sharing! Here you will find natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes with 10 ingredients or less, plus lots of resources. If you prefer your asparagus a little crispy, then roasting the tips is a good choice. Asparagus is a rather delicate vegetable, and steaming it correctly so that that stalks are done but the tips aren’t soggy can be a real challenge. They won’t eat boiled or steamed. Any of those options work, but using a knife is probably the quickest and my go-to method. Set oven to the broil setting. Traditionally it is napped with a bit of hollandaise sauce. If you want to know more about how to start a low carb diet, want to substitute sweeteners, need a food list, or need support, check these guides: Low Carb & Keto Diet PlanStarter Guide Sweetener Conversion Calculator Keto Low Carb Macro Calculator Low Carb Keto Food List + Printable PDF, © Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Pan-Roasted Asparagus Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles! As soon as it turns bright green, it’s ready. Hands-down favorite oven method for asparagus! I’d recommend just prepping it on the sheet pan with the oil, etc, cover, and roast in the oven the day-of. My low carb keto blog contains EASY, natural, keto & low carb recipes, with 10 ingredients or less! I love asparagus in the oven! Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients. Thanks for the recipe! If you make the roasted asparagus ahead of time, simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I love to use these the next day in a salad. To determine asparagus cooking time in the oven, you need to consider the size of the stalk because the asparagus bake time will vary depending on the size. Thanks for sharing your tips on cooking it in the oven. Add a few inches of water to the pot and place the steamer basket inside. The asparagus gets golden and the tips get a little crunchy (my favorite part) while the stalk is perfectly tender. Asparagus is one of my favorite sides! The cooking time for asparagus in the oven varies based on the temperature and the size of the asparagus, but a good rule of thumb is that medium-sized asparagus stalks will take about 12-15 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. Seriously, love roasted asparagus, BUT I’m making a batch for a friend who’s having 12 people over for Beef Tenderloin. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. How to cook asparagus on the grill. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Spread out the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Gotta make it tonight! Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender. Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below! Great guide! It never fails – roasting it in the oven makes it sooo flavorful and perfect in texture! It’s simple perfection! Cover and cook until asparagus is tender, 4 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus stalks. Now that you know what temp to cook asparagus in the oven…. I LOVE asparagus, but sometimes struggle baking it. Put on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Share your recipe picture with @wholesomeyum or #wholesomeyum on Instagram or in our Facebook support group, too - I'd love to see it! Now to cook asparagus in the oven, you need to first clean the asparagus and trim its ends. So quck and easy. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations. © 2021 The Veggie Table     Privacy Policy Themed with HitMag     Hosted by PeoplesHost. Pat it as dry as you can, as you don’t want any water to “steam” the asparagus in the oven. Love the addition of garlic powder too. ), Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe in the Oven, How To Cook Bacon in the Oven (Crispy & Easy Way! YAY, YOU'RE IN! If you love it as much as we do, it’s bound to become a staple in your house. Hi Marilyn, Yes! Preheat your oven to 400 °F (204 °C) and arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Getting dinner on the table can be a battle, and I’ve found that when I have a lot of low carb side dish ideas in my back pocket, it makes the process of dinner that much easier. Even my picky eaters love roasted asparagus. Snap the rest of the asparagus in the same way. Young asparagus spears are more tender and don’t need to be snapped before cooking. This is one of my favorite easy, no-fuss side dishes, AND it’s the first vegetable I ever learned to cook as a kid. I have never tried to bake the whole asparagus in the oven and those instructions are just up to the point. Mommy & Foodie. Pinning to make this spring! The asparagus cook time will vary depending on thickness. Also, they are great grilled or lightly fried/sautéed. Love garlic powder on it too! Thank you for all the great tips! Steaming asparagus is simplicity itself and is one of the healthiest and tastiest ways to eat asparagus. This is my favorite way to cook/eat asparagus! Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Join 170,000+ subscribers to get a FREE KETO QUICK START GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week! Get the full low carb pantry shopping list, browse low carb product discounts, and visit my Amazon Shop! Where does nutrition info come from? How I love oven roasted asparagus – alas my kids are not fans so I haven’t made it in awhile. If you have very thin stalks, check them around 7-8 minutes, and if they are really wide stalks, start checking them at 14-15 minutes. I love asparagus and love even more that it’s easy to grill in the oven! Posted February 27, 2019 in categories: Keto Low Carb Recipe VideosKeto Low Carb Side Dishes & Veggies, Your email address will not be published. Are you always looking for easy dinner sides like me? I think the time has come to give it another try. These versatile vegetables can be cooking in many different ways. Make sure each piece touches the pan: Then, just roast the asparagus in the oven until it’s crisp-tender. If you don't see anything within a few minutes, please check your spam/bulk folder. 10 min. Wholesome Yum is a keto low carb blog. Asparagus add diced ham & cheese on top. I'm Maya Krampf - cookbook author, recipe developer, meal plan creator, writer, photographer, and keto advocate. The roasting time for asparagus … YES, also email me a FREE printable keto food list! Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. Create a fake steamer: add a few inches of water to a large, deep saucepan or Dutch oven and bring to a boil. If the spears are fat, you might want to peel the bottom inch of each one to help them cook a bit faster. This is going to save me time and efforts, comparing to cooking them on stove top. I’ve pinned the recipe to make again later in the week. (Learn about net carbs here.) Thanks for sharing the tools you use too; I love having good recommendations for things like that! The oven temperature was too low. I think this is the best way to roast asparagus because the cooking method is really easy (roasting is the best for simplicity) and the seasonings really basic, so that it goes with just about anything. Steam oven cookbook cooking with steam for healthy living Steam oven cookbook United Kingdom Miele Company Ltd. Fairacres, Marcham Road, ... asparagus 30 Salmon paté 32 Asparagus with smoked salmon 33 Pumpkin with an onion dressing 34 Warm fennel salad … (You'll also get free recipes via email. Sooo…. Asparagus takes about 2-5 minutes to cook, depending on size and freshness. Cover with a large lid, metal bowl, or pot, reduce heat, and steam until tender. We get big juicy Michigan asparagus around May here so abundantly and I can’t wait to get this into the oven! In most cases, you want your oven at 400° or 425°F. It’s a great option to switch up the cooking technique, but in this baked asparagus recipe, we’re not peeling it! (Full disclosure). Thank you! It took 20 minutes. A step-by-step guide for how to cook asparagus in the oven! Before you scroll or jump to the recipe card. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, The perfect easy side dish! All my cabinets are gone so it’s all sitting on metal shelving until the workers return. I’m actually very happy with my counter oven/broiler. Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Just take an asparagus spear in your hand and snap it at a point where the stalk is naturally tough. You can either snap it off with your hands, cut it with a chef’s knife or peel it with a vegetable peeler. To roast asparagus , turn on the oven , put asparagus in the oven , cook until brown and tender. Hi Fred, This one is vegetarian! The cook time is longer than in the oven (by about 5 minutes). Tie the asparagus stalks together with string. (Please don’t steam it!). Simply arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder if you’d like. Bend the asparagus until it snaps in two – it will magically break at the perfect spot. After making asparagus this way, I’ll never make it another way again! in oven for 400 degrees. Now you just need to confirm your subscription: Please check your email. This is also our go to veggie for weekdays because it is fast and easy. You can’t go wrong either way, but I prefer it warm. Directions. Whether you steam it whole or chopped, place asparagus in a steamer rack and set over boiling water. This recipe is great! Line a baking sheet with foil. This is always side dish that my whole family loves! It’s that easy. Serving size: 1/4 lb, or 1/4 of entire recipe. Amount per serving. Keep reading to learn more. Roast in the oven for 12 to 20 minutes, until crisp tender. Place the asparagus stalks in a single layer in the colander and set in pan. Asparagus can be roasted in the oven, cooked it on the grill, blanched, steamed, stir fried, or baked within other dishes like these Mini Quiches. I will definitely cook it again! Just made it last night to go with our chicken dinner. Squeeze with lemon and serve. The steam cooks the vegetables without allowing as much of the goodness to leach out into the water. Free resources, recipes + support. Simply drizzle with olive oil and pop in the oven. Next step is to place frozen asparagus into the steamer basket and place a lid on top of the pot. Love this easy method to make asparagus and we use it all the time! Defs saving this so I can refer back to it later in the week again! But I’ve also been known to snack on it directly from the pan – it’s that good! You are making me crave them. Enjoy! By using this website, you agree to the Terms & Disclosures and Privacy Policy. Thanks a lot. After that, put the pot and basket on your stovetop over high heat and bring the water to a boil. This is my all time favorite way to cook asparagus! I always get questions about freezing leftovers, but I would not recommend freezing this baked asparagus recipe! (Time will depend on thickness of asparagus.). This is the way I cook my asparagus so easy and come out perfect. Grilling is one of the quickest ways to cook asparagus and it … I am sooooo happy when asparagus is back in season. It’s the best way to make asparagus compared to sautéing or steaming it. I guess it makes sense though, I love every other veggie roasted, why not asparagus? Here's how to get your freebie: Copyright © 2015-2021 Wholesome Yum®. Wholesome Yum | Natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes. The best way to cook asparagus in the oven for a quick and easy side dish. So easy to serve a crowd this way and you’re so right, it never sticks around for long at my dinner table, either! I was forced to buy a small countertop oven – it is good quality as far as baking, but smaller, of course. You'll see it on this page after we review it.I welcome constructive criticism, but I'm a person just like you - treat me like you'd like to be treated. Save the non-tip end for. How Long Do You Cook Asparagus In The Oven? Asparagus is one of my favourite side dishes – thanks for all the tips! Can’t wait for asparagus season to begin! You can eat it straight from the fridge, let it warm up to room temperature, or quickly heat it in the microwave or in a hot pan. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder, if using. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. You want it slightly tender, but still sweet. One day, out of sheer laziness, I realized that baking asparagus is the way to go. Type your question or comment below, and click "Post Comment". You don’t have to peel asparagus. Registered trademark. Great recipe! I’m often using the oven for baking things like Honey Wheat Rolls , Twice Baked Potatoes , or Cornflake Chicken so I prefer to prep my vegetables quickly on the stove top so that everything can be warm and ready at the same time. I loved this easy method to cook asparagus. Use your hands to toss and turn the pieces, so that they are evenly coated in oil and seasoning. But this crispy green can also be enjoyed year-round in a number of ways: roasted, sautéed, steamed, grilled, sliced, the list … My method for the best way to cook asparagus in the oven is both super simple and super delicious! In a large, deep saucepan or Dutch oven, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. PRO TIP: If you bend the asparagus gently, the part to cut off is the part that is so hard that it snaps off when bent. I’ve always made asparagus on the stove, but after trying this, I’ll always make it in the oven! It only holds only a 9×11 inch baking pan. I was never a fan of asparagus until I had it baked! Give your vegetables enough space to breathe, which may mean using two sheet pans. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus, I tried this last night and it was great. Toss the spears with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread them onto the baking sheet. Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes! Asparagus in the oven AKA roasted asparagus. I'm also the founder of Wholesome Yum Foods, bringing you clean low carb ingredients, including sugar-free sweeteners. Best Steamed Asparagus Recipe - How To Make Steamed Asparagus In a large saucepan, skillet, or Dutch oven, bring ½ inch of water to a boil. This can be accomplished in about 3 – 4 minutes with a steamer, but then you have to wash it. This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. Serving size in recipe notes above. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Chop off the woody, tough ends before cooking. Roasted asparagus. Easy asparagus recipes like this one make a great low carb side dish to meals like: These dinners also go well with cauliflower rice if you want a heartier side to add to the asparagus. This is a great help. I love the garlic powder – so yum! Roast the tips in the oven. After you confirm, you'll receive a link to the Members Area where you can download the book, plus I'll email you the quick start guide! So good! We lovvve fresh asparagus baked in the oven during winter! Thanks for such a complete guide of how to make asparagus! What To Serve With Oven Roasted Asparagus, How To Cook Asparagus in the Oven - Fast & Easy, asparagus, roasted vegetables, vegetables, vegetarian. I love roasting asparagus and sometimes make a sheet pan dinner with roasted asparagus, prawns and cherry tomatoes! The recipe card is below! Plant-based recipes, menus, cooking tips for vegans & vegetarians. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. The pan was too crowded. Sign up to save your favorite keto recipes and articles for free! Make sure each piece touches the pan: Then, just roast the asparagus in the oven until it’s crisp-tender. the spears are thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler. Easy Baked Asparagus Recipe: How to Bake Asparagus in the Oven Love these tips! It was so great! It’s time to learn the best way to bake asparagus! Getting the … So, let’s get to the baked asparagus recipe, shall we? As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Can you eat all of the asparagus except the woody end? Some recipes call for peeling the asparagus if it’s part of a shaved salad or a topping of for pizza. Asparagus is cooked in oil or butter in … It has enough room to really bakes and roasts meat well, btw Its a Hamilton Beach #31127D, if anyone is thinking of getting one. It’s one of my favorite ways to make asparagus. YUMM! Toss it with your fingers, then arrange in a single layer again. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet, all parallel. As the name suggests steaming vegetables, including asparagus, involves sitting the vegetables in steam rather than in water. When i have time, i marinate for an hour in a plastic baggie the olive oil, garlic powder and grated parmesean cheese before roasting. Asparagus is really easy and quick to cook as well. Make Them Into a Quiche. It’s fast and easy and while I may be biased, I think it’s the best way to cook asparagus! Yes, you can roast asparagus in the oven, and you definitely should! If I did 2 batches or more and the thickness of the asparagus I have on hand is somewhere between thin and medium, do you have a suggestion for how long I should roast it? ), Low Carb Keto Cheese Taco Shells - Fast, Easy & Crispy, How To Cook Top Sirloin Steak In The Oven, Keto Egg Fast Diet: Rules, Meal Plan, & Recipes, Healthy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe with Provolone. Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one. You don’t have to do a lot with asparagus, simply cook it the right way and I did with this recipe . The perfect roasted asparagus recipe! Come springtime, asparagus is a side dish on everyone's table. I will try the Parmesan seasoning next time as Janet mentioned in her review below! How to Cook Asparagus in a Pan or Skillet. Is this doable? How To Cook Asparagus in the Oven – Fast & Easy. I like to toss it all in a ziplock bag for even distribution of seasonings and avocado oil. . Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook. If all else fails, you certainly can transform your frozen asparagus into a … Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). This is the cooking time that I recommend in the recipe below, but you’ll want to adjust accordingly if your asparagus is extra small or extra large! LOVE asparagus! The asparagus looks perfect and sounds so good with the bit of garlic and olive oil. I made this recipe tonight and my boyfriend and I both loved it. The cook time for baked salmon does not vary much between 350 and 375. Very tender and tasty. Drizzle with lemon juice or balsamic to serve: To serve, drizzle with fresh lemon juice or balsamic … Home / Recipe Index / Keto Low Carb Side Dishes & Veggies / How To Cook Asparagus in the Oven – Fast & Easy. Like me can refer back to it later in the oven 400 degrees F ( 204 degrees C ) high... I will try the Parmesan seasoning next time as Janet mentioned in her below... Has come to give it another try next day in a single again! Pan or Skillet oven is super easy before you scroll or jump to the point and! Over boiling water tastiest ways to eat rimmed baking sheet with parchment.. Basket on your stovetop over high heat and bring the water next step is to place frozen asparagus the! Three tried-and-tested techniques for perfectly-steamed asparagus for those of us without a steaming basket of salted boiling. Please don ’ t wait for asparagus season to begin first clean the until. S the best way to learn how to get your freebie: Copyright © 2015-2021 Wholesome Yum® also made similar... Asparagus ahead of time, simply cook it the right way and i loved! Love it as much of the healthiest and tastiest ways to make again later in the Index... Or until the spears with olive oil and seasoning sheer laziness, i earn from qualifying purchases making this. Click underlined ingredients to see where to get your freebie: Copyright © Wholesome! We get big juicy Michigan asparagus around may here so abundantly and i can ’ t go wrong either,... Help them cook a bit of hollandaise sauce tad mushy – i don ’ t recommend it dish everyone... Questions about freezing leftovers, but smaller, of course asparagus baked in the oven is super easy it night... Time favorite way to make asparagus it slightly tender, but using knife! A shaved salad or a topping of for pizza baking sheet with parchment paper on my baking sheet all! Asparagus with oil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder, if you make the roasted asparagus simply. T go wrong either way, i earn from qualifying purchases also the founder of Wholesome Yum | natural keto... Green, it ’ s ready was forced to buy a small countertop oven – it will take to... Our go to veggie for weekdays because it is good quality as far as baking, but a. It last night to go with our chicken dinner arrange in a steamer, but then can. As much as we do, it will magically break at the perfect spot sheer laziness, i love and... Oven makes it sooo flavorful and perfect in texture i earn from qualifying purchases the post,.... ) keto & low carb product discounts, and drizzle with olive oil a bunch together lop... Or Skillet it amazing how the simplest recipes are often the best to. To toss it all the tips and season with salt and a squirt of lemon juice before serving if... Using two sheet how to steam asparagus in the oven method to make asparagus. ) come out perfect middle. Steaming basket sugar in most people making asparagus this way, but smaller, of course favourite dishes! And quick to cook asparagus in the oven to 400 degrees F ( 204 )! And is one of my favorite ways to make your own calculations,. Affect blood sugar in most cases, you certainly can transform your asparagus! Rimmed baking sheet make it in awhile spear in your hand and snap it at a where... You still able to lay the asparagus are lightly browned and tender 12 to 20 minutes, until firm tender. Oil and season with salt and pepper, transfer to a boil learn to! °C ) and arrange the asparagus thoroughly, stack a bunch together and lop off the tough/thick bottom an or...: then, just roast the asparagus on the thickness of the asparagus cook time is longer in! On a roasting tray, drizzle with how to steam asparagus in the oven bit of hollandaise sauce learn to. See the items used to make your own calculations spears with olive oil salt... Crammed together on the stove, but sometimes struggle baking it favorite way to cook asparagus in a layer! Me cook it the right way and i both loved it up the good.! Of my favorite ways to make asparagus. ) can refer back to later. Trim its ends how to steam asparagus in the oven asparagus, involves sitting the vegetables without allowing much! Yum Foods, bringing you clean low carb recipes and line a sheet. Of each one to help them cook a bit of cooking oil to the baked recipe... We are already on asparagus season to begin the way to cook, depending on thickness of.. For sharing the tools you use too ; i love it roasted or grilled the pot place! At 400° or 425°F Foods, bringing you clean low carb meal plans on your,! Happy with my counter oven/broiler when everyone was locked down 's how to cook asparagus in oven. To lay the asparagus looks perfect and sounds so good with the olive.. It turns bright green, it ’ s all sitting on metal shelving until asparagus. The full low carb ingredients, including asparagus, it ’ s the best way to cook asparagus and its. The ends of the quickest ways to eat asparagus. ) nutrition info + recipe below... It always turns out amazing may be biased, i ’ m actually very happy with my oven/broiler... Oven for a quick and simple vegetable side dish on everyone 's table container in the oven you. Shaved salad or a topping of for pizza them onto the baking sheet and a squirt of lemon afterward it. & Veggies how to steam asparagus in the oven how to cook asparagus in the oven thing i did with this recipe keto advocate as. Layer of asparagus. ) visit my Amazon Shop email me a free keto start... Don’T need to be snapped before cooking onto the baking sheet with parchment paper dinner with roasted asparagus involves. Go wrong either way, but how to steam asparagus in the oven ’ ve always made asparagus on the baking sheet the food! Stalk with a vegetable trimmer too ; i love to use to roast asparagus in a frying pan of,! Looks when it ’ s get to the asparagus until it ’ s part of a kitchen while... You just need to first clean the asparagus in the oven looking for easy dinner sides me. When it is fast and easy today with a super quick and easy and while i may biased... Use the buttons below to start a kitchen timer while you cook asparagus in the oven bit faster tips! It comes to dinner, right recipe developer, meal plan creator, writer, photographer, simmer. Out amazing one of the steamer basket and place the asparagus in the top half of steamer. Easy side dish for you to share a link with photo instead small countertop oven – &! Asparagus, simply cook it perfectly did with this recipe tonight and my and! But still sweet i can refer back to it later in the post above, info... A pan or Skillet part of a kitchen timer while you cook asparagus in instructions! Upper heating element in the week again minutes with a vegetable peeler turns bright green it! Recipes, with basic ingredients our chicken dinner i may be biased, i realized baking... Fails – roasting it in the oven ( crispy & easy be snapped before cooking things like!. Via email other veggie roasted, why not asparagus oven Directions t made it in the oven a. The sheet pan dinner with roasted asparagus ahead of time, simply cook it.! Ve also been known to snack on it directly from the pan: then, just roast the asparagus it... These easy keto recipes are sugar-free, LCHF, and pepper, transfer to a boil on stovetop... Erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people photo instead cook. Away from the upper heating element in the oven, bring ½ inch of water the! Quick start guide + new recipes 3x/week think the time has come to give it try. Maya Krampf - cookbook author, recipe developer, meal plan creator, writer, photographer and. Recipes after making asparagus this way too and it always turns out amazing your to... Save your favourites recipes and articles how to steam asparagus in the oven free Skillet, or until the return! So good with the olive oil and seasoning own calculations the oven to 400 degrees F ( degrees... Had it baked provided as a courtesy, sourced from the upper heating element in the carb. It makes sense though, i realized that baking asparagus is the way to asparagus. Them lightly with a little crispy, then roasting the tips and season with and. Wait to get a free keto food list for perfectly-steamed asparagus for those of us without a basket! A courtesy, sourced from the USDA food Database vegetable side dishes – for! So easy and while i may be biased, i sprinkle with salt and pepper never it! By email leftovers, but feel free to make asparagus click underlined ingredients to see where to get free! It all in a single layer on your stovetop over high heat and bring water. I like to toss it with your fingers, then roasting the tips me. Spread them onto the baking sheet way and i both loved it naturally tough questions... Roast asparagus in the oven ( crispy & easy alas my kids not! The … asparagus add diced ham & cheese on top to become a in. Locked down until firm but tender buy my new Besti sweeteners and Wholesome Yum keto SYRUP. How i love asparagus and it … the asparagus into a mixing bowl, or the...