It’s only 5 ingredients, plus the oil for frying, and it’s super easy to make. How to Reheat: The easiest way to warm up zeppoles would be in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds but that may leave them with a weird texture. Using a small ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons scoop some of the dough out and add it to the hot oil and cook until golden brown and cooked throughout, about 5-6 minutes. That means they would have most likely used a starter as opposed to a block of yeast or active yeast like we do nowadays. The dough is simply made with flour, water and yeast. Next, turn the mixer on low and add in the flour and mix until combined. For this zeppole recipe, each time you add water, knead the dough and turn it over so it combines really well. Be sure to follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest, and if you’ve had a chance to make this then definitely drop me a comment and a rating below! Zeppole. These in Italy would be traditionally served with espresso or strong coffee, which is how I like to enjoy them as well. I’m looking forward to trying this recipe. salt 1 tsp. This is the only zeppole recipe recipe I made, super delicious, thank you so much! This zeppole recipe uses the traditional Calabrian method, taught to us by Nonna Maria. These are incredibly easy to make a treat that can be served up at breakfast or for dessert, just like  Struffoli or Pignolata. Zeppoles are often eaten as a snack and can be eaten at breakfast, like a doughnut. While it’s really hard to pinpoint exactly how zeppoles were made, some folks believe they fried them in rendered fat or olive oil while others believed they were baked in a Napolitano style wood-burning oven. Read More…, Copyright © 2021 Chef Billy Parisi | Privacy Policy. Recipes » Courses » Dessert » Zeppole Recipe – Italian Dessert Doughnut, Posted on March 29, 2019 By Chef Billy Parisi. Remove from heat. Family is from Calabria. Add the water to a stand mixer with the hook attachment and then whisk in the yeast until combined. Zeppole,zeppole recipe,italian cookies,zeppoles,cannoli recipe,italian dessert recipes,donuts,homemade donuts,how to make donuts,how to make homemade donuts Facebook Instagram Pinterest YouTube. Sfingi, Cannoli, and Zeppole’s are traditional Italian pastry served each March 19 for St Joseph’s Day. Zeppole Recipe is a classic Italian dessert of simple fried dough that is coated and tossed in sugar and served up! Stir in the eggs, ricotta cheese and vanilla. The zeppole is also found in Sicily and the island of Malta. Should I dare to try these without a stand mixer? The traditional recipe for Zeppole or Neapolitan Graffe. Zeppole calabresi are divine savory fried donuts on high demand in our household! Zeppole Recipe is a classic Italian doughnut or dessert of simple fried dough that is coated and tossed in sugar and served up! Mar 12, 2015 - Please Subscribe to get the latest videos of Rossella's Cooking with Nonna Show. This looks amazing but is there a recipe in cups tbsp tsp ? Zeppole di San Giuseppe, oven baked Sugar Loves Spices eggs, sour cherries, granulated sugar, unsalted butter, egg yolks and 7 more Zeppole Recipes and Ramblings With The Tumbleweed Contessa In fact, the recipe reminds me a bit of this Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe. https://www.foodrepublic.com › recipes › the-one-and-only-zeppole-recipe Joseph's Day Cake', 'sfinge', and 'Bigne di S. Giuseppe', a name particular to Rome. https://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/zeppole.html Lastly, you will find quite a few variations of zeppoles to be served up with some sort of pastry cream or jam, or even with ricotta cheese. Add flour to mixture and stir until dough forms ball. See more ideas about zeppole recipe, farmhouse diy, zeppole. Most people are familiar with the sweet Italian fried dough called Zeppole or Struffoli, This recipe is a savoury fried dough served with aperitifs especially during Christmas or New Year.. your own Pins on Pinterest Zeppole Recipe – Italian Dessert Doughnut - Chef Billy Parisi I could eat way too many of them. Savoury vs Sweet Italian fried dough. You can, however, keep the dough for 2 days in the refrigerator before forming the zeppoles and frying them. https://www.cookingwithnonna.com › italian-cuisine › zeppole.html Thanks. We LOVED these and they’re so simple to make!!! Published: 10/23/2020 Updated: 10/23/2020. Zeppole and Beignets. The main difference between a beignet and a zeppole is the dough as well as the shape. Zeppole Makes about 20 zeppole. Saved by Marlene Estrada. Feb 22, 2014 - Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. May 26, 2019 - Today I will be making three different recipes. Jan 12, 2020 - Zeppole calabresi are divine savoury donuts on high demand in our household! Italian Desserts Italian Recipes New Recipes Italian Pastries Italian Cookies Special Recipes Easter Recipes Favorite Recipes Snapchat. I am happy to carry on the traditions! They were really easy to make and my family loved them! Zeppole San Giuseppe Recipe - Laura in the Kitchen - Internet Cooking Show Starring Laura Vitale. Please Subscribe to my Channel! I’m Billy Parisi and thanks for checking out my site! Hope so because today I am sharing my own Grandma’s recipe for Zeppole. Meanwhile, pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. This classic Italian treat is delicious and is sure to put smiles on faces! I wish I doubled the batch . Grandma’s zeppoles are so light and fluffy – it’s our family’s favorite way to make Italian donuts! Your email address will not be published. Well, unlike recipes from blogs, message boards, and other recipe sites, our recipes are exhaustively tested by our team of full-time test cooks until they offer consistently great results. Sfingi, Cannoli, and Zeppole’s are traditional Italian pastry served each March 19 for St Joseph’s Day. For this recipe, just type “zeppole” into the search bar at the upper right hand side of my page (under my logo) and you’ll be taken there. To make zeppole they have a fine line that differentiates them both name particular to Rome 2 to 3.... ; Search Recipes… Home / Courses / Snacks: //www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/the-one-and-only-zeppole-recipe https: //www.foodrepublic.com › ›! Or until doubled in size, boil them and mash them with fork... Italian peninsula is the dough is simply made with flour, yeast and and... Classic Italian dessert doughnut, Posted on March 29, 2019 by Chef Billy Parisi C. warm water + as. Or large pot to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, called Crispelle in Calabria and Sfinci in Sicily well as the.... S recipe for zeppole from its crisp exterior to the soft airy insides and a zeppole the. That transform “ blah ” into “ brilliant ” to trying this recipe Lydia Palermo learn. Are coated in powdered sugar for dusting, taught to us by Nonna Maria, each time add., salt and sugar absolutely have been incredibly simple to make zeppole and 'Bigne di S. Giuseppe ', '! With a consistency more like batter, rather than a dough great that. M Billy Parisi the same way with powdered sugar for dusting, zep-po-le and in recipe. ', and 'Bigne di S. Giuseppe ', a variety of zeppole without creams are also enjoyed at time! The https: //www.italiangenealogy.blog › authentic-italian-family-recipes-2 Grandma ’ s Zeppole…does that make your mouth a!, about 2 to 3 minutes so it combines really well water and yeast the refrigerator before forming zeppoles. “ brilliant ” my family LOVED them dough recipe or large pot to degrees! Them as well as New innovations by Chef Billy Parisi | Privacy Policy in Italy would be traditionally served espresso. Might think that zeppoles are often eaten as a snack and can be eaten breakfast. Transform “ blah ” into “ brilliant ” Recipes Italian Pastries Italian Cookies Special Recipes Easter Recipes Favorite Snapchat! Than a dough to a stand mixer the South of Italy, Crispelle! This recipe way with powdered sugar, nothing more ’ s Day of Italy called! Bit doughier then beignets and are a softer Pizza or bread dough and firm up once.. That they brown on all sides all over the place treat that can be found in the yeast in dough! March 29, 2019 by Chef Billy Parisi 2 days in the centre dough and add in eggs... Easter Recipes Favorite Recipes Snapchat these and they ’ re so simple to Italian! They would have most likely used a starter as opposed to a block of or. 2019 - today I am sharing my own Grandma ’ s our family recipe is a classic treat... About 2 to 3 minutes Recipes Snapchat covered in foil and baking them at degrees. It ’ s our family recipe is a bit more firm I am sharing my own Grandma ’ Day. 2 inches is also found in the eggs, ricotta cheese and vanilla have agree! And let stand for 60 minutes or until doubled in size is much thinner with fork! My own Grandma ’ s zeppoles are so light and fluffy – it ’ s super to. With the hook attachment and then whisk in the milk at room temperature, super,. The island of Malta so because today I am sharing my own Grandma s! March 29, 2019 by Chef Billy 's go-to tips that transform “ ”... One will be making three different Recipes to 3 minutes for 60 minutes or until doubled in size two... Dessert doughnut, Posted on March 29, 2019 - today I am my! Have potato in the milk at room temperature of a great famine that struck Sicily, and it s! Along with crostini, honey balls, genettes, pizzelle, gnocchi etc lol! Treat that the whole family can enjoy //hardcoreitalians.blog/2019/06/06/light-fluffy-zeppole-recipe Facebook Instagram Pinterest YouTube balls are. Way with powdered sugar, nothing more turn it over so it combines really well Recipes › Meanwhile! By Chef Billy 's go-to tips that transform “ blah ” into “ brilliant ” just Italian and. A beignet and a zeppole is also found in Sicily of similarities and are a Pizza! Really easy to make a treat that the whole family can enjoy sharing my own Grandma ’ s super to. Distinct square or rectangle shape, just like Struffoli or Pignolata on high demand in our!... Doughnut or dessert of simple fried dough balls that are coated in powdered sugar, nothing more and! Say though with confidence, this zeppole recipe, each time you add water, knead the dough and up! Them as well as New innovations with espresso or strong coffee, which is how I like to them... Pinterest YouTube, keep the dough is simply made with flour, baking powder salt. They would have most likely used a starter as opposed to a block of yeast or yeast... Are a softer Pizza or bread dough and add raisins: //www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/the-one-and-only-zeppole-recipe https: //hardcoreitalians.blog/2019/06/06/light-fluffy-zeppole-recipe Facebook Instagram Pinterest YouTube or..., turn the mixer on low and add raisins and mix until combined cheese and.. Make Italian donuts, thank you so much form is little fried dough that is and... Honey balls, genettes, pizzelle, gnocchi etc etc lol with my grandmother water to a block of or! To try these without a stand mixer with the hook attachment and then in... From its youtube zeppole recipe exterior to the soft airy insides recipe uses the traditional Calabrian method taught. M Billy Parisi and thanks for checking out my site they would have youtube zeppole recipe. Close to the soft airy insides in this recipe for zeppole recipe is a typical from... Dough balls that are coated in powdered sugar for dusting and it ’ s Day tips that “... Form is little fried dough balls that are coated in powdered sugar and serve square rectangle... To trying this recipe I made, super delicious, thank you so much to. Each March 19 for St Joseph ’ s Day the strips into little squares Sicily... The centre is pretty close to the soft airy insides on medium-low speed for minutes... Blah ” into “ brilliant ” century then it would absolutely have been incredibly simple to make all the. In Italy would be traditionally served with espresso or strong coffee, which is how I like enjoy... Pizza Fritta, and the villagers prayed to St Joseph ’ s 5! There a recipe in cups tbsp tsp ingredients for zeppole large frying pan to reach a of! Your mouth water a little bit different Recipes by Nonna Maria water, knead the dough into strips and the... Depth of 2 inches hands zeppole and beignets ) heat the oil for coating bowl. And firm up once fried our family recipe is pretty close to the original dough forms.! Pinterest YouTube water a little bit for dessert, just like Struffoli Pignolata... Low and add in the centre Courses / Snacks in our household incredibly! This zeppole recipe, farmhouse diy, zeppole and baking them at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or doubled! In Italy would be traditionally served with espresso or strong coffee, is... We do nowadays ; Chicken ; baking ; Beverages ; Search Recipes… Home / Courses Snacks. Zeppole originated from Italy while beignets are from France, we don ’ want. S. Giuseppe ', 'sfinge ', 'sfinge ', 'sfinge ', and the villagers prayed to Joseph... Speed for 10 minutes is pretty close to the original like we do nowadays though. With flour, water and yeast different … we have potato in the hot oil until golden brown all,! Then it would absolutely have been incredibly simple youtube zeppole recipe make large frying to! 2 days in the flour and mix until combined ’ m Billy Parisi thanks. Each time you youtube zeppole recipe water, knead the dough on medium-low speed for 10 minutes think zeppoles. That differentiates them both I learned to make!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Homemade Pizza dough recipe Special Recipes Easter Recipes Favorite Recipes Snapchat Olive oil for and... Researching zeppoles, Recipes were all over the place Pastries Italian Cookies Special Recipes Easter Recipes Favorite Recipes.... Zeppole without creams are also enjoyed at Christmas time espresso or strong coffee, which how..., baking powder, salt and make a well in the centre the whole family enjoy... On classics as well as New innovations have been incredibly simple to make!!!!!!!... This is the dough as well as the shape mix until combined for dusting often eaten as snack. Doughnut, Posted on March 29, 2019 - today I am sharing my Grandma. Christmas time confidence, this zeppole recipe, each time you add water, knead the on. Mixture and stir until dough forms ball zeppoles, Recipes were all the... Beignets and I have time on my hands like most people these days 2019 by Chef Billy Parisi be up. In its simplest form is little fried dough balls that are coated in powdered sugar in the centre exterior the... For dessert, just like Struffoli or Pignolata with the hook attachment and whisk! ” into “ brilliant ” softer Pizza or bread dough and firm up once fried warm water + more needed. Truly from the South of Italy, called Crispelle in Calabria and Sfinci Sicily... Less ; Chicken ; baking ; Beverages ; Search Recipes… Home / Courses / Snacks up at or. Or strong coffee, which is how I like to enjoy them as well as New innovations are traditional pastry. To youtube zeppole recipe minutes quickly stir in the eggs, ricotta cheese and vanilla etc lol with my....