2 avr. 1. It's also great over roast chicken and pork, which benefit from the sour fruitiness. Add the While we love a good rhubarb dessert (we recommend adding this Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp and this Rhubarb Upside Cake to your rotation immediately), the tart ingredient also shines in savory recipes. Strawberries, rhubarb and honey are simmered over gentle heat to create this simple compote. 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Need proof? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Yes - rhubarb is actually a vegetable! If I was making it just for myself I probably wouldn't add any either - but my kids prefer it to be sweetened! This recipe serves two people. Simmer until the rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes. No sweeteners for me. 10 avr. your own Pins on Pinterest But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. This setting should only be used on your home or work computer. Découvrez tout ce que Véronique Savary (verosavary66) a découvert sur Pinterest, la plus grande collection d'idées au monde. If you loved this recipe why not let me know by leaving a rating and comment below? 2018 - Je vous avais promis une tarte fruitée après la crème légère de Philippe Conticini ce lundi. Let me know how you get on. Here, lobster gets topped with a … Rhubarb is the ultimate sugar magnet, so I love your idea to switch it out for honey or maple syrup. It’s technically a rhubarb compote, meaning a chunky fruit sauce, but whatever you choose to call it, we … Hands-On Time: 15 minutes Read more about Sneaky Veg, I usually sweeten with a tiny amount of stevia, rhubarb compote is great on porridge, I love it on porridge too Donna - so delicious, I'm a big rhubarb fan and i love stewed rhubarb. These easy to make French crepes are just amazing! Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Discover (and save!) 30 mai 2018 - Recette Granité de rhubarbe. But rhubarb is actually a vegetable, and deserves a role in savory applications as well. If you don't like sugary syrupy rhubarb recipes, then this is … Strawberries, rhubarb and honey are simmered over gentle heat to create this simple compote. HONEY STEWED STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE Mom's Kitchen Handbook. The bright red stalks of early spring rhubarb give this preserve its lovely color as well as its tangy flavor. If you prefer a sweeter taste you can increase this of course - just taste as you go. Which is best and, if using honey, how much? The addition of a tiny bit of crushed red pepper is delicious, but feel free to leave it out if you like. Show Trial Size this recipe by Jenny Eatwell's Rhubarb & Ginger, Rhubarb and strawberry oven baked risotto, and a little vanilla extract if you like, and. Strawberries go particularly well with rhubarb. Save Comments (Image credit: Apartment Therapy) Mmmmm! water, honey, rhubarb, strawberries . It might sound a little odd, but after you try it out you’ll get it- this soup is comforting, savory, a little sour and a little spicy. I took a quick look online for other rhubarb compote recipes and found that sugar was added that weighed anywhere from a tenth to a sixth the weight of the rhubarb used. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 500 ml (2 tasses) de sucre. Discover (and save!) - in my rhubarb tea loaf recipe I prefer tangy bursts of berries in the savory, tender biscuits since they get slathered with rhubarb compote. Apr 10, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Desiree Paquette. Vanilla bean paste (or actual vanilla beans) add so much flavor. Boil for about 30 seconds, then strain the peels. That’s when you bring rhubarb to the dinner table. Thank you! When rhubarb is in abundance, it's a great time to preserve some of the bounty. Drizzle sherry wine ( or balsamic) over the rhubarb ( see notes). Combine the rhubarb, sugar and lime juice in a medium saucepan. Apr 10, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Lise Pelletier. Thank you for linking with #CookBlogShare, Rhubarb is so great - I'm so happy that you all love it too x. As I'm trying to cut out unnecessary refined sugar from our diet wherever possible I use honey or maple syrup here. INSTRUCTIONS. Thanks Jane - it still tastes great - hope you love it. Drizzle maple syrup just over rhubarb ( do not skimp here- see notes). In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Use rhubarb compote as a topping for ice cream or other desserts (it's … Dairy-free, flourless, and pretty in pink—this … Discover (and save!) When you think of rhubarb, typically strawberries and dessert come to mind. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Although rhubarb is technically considered a vegetable, there is a fruitiness to it. Ingredients. French Crepes Recipe. Suitable for any sweet or savory filling. https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-roasted-rhubarb-recipe-435651 I'll add ginger too. Recipe by RICARDO. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Been searching for a good rhubarb compote recipes? Here, find our best rhubarb recipes, from cakes, crisps, and pies to rhubarb compote, rhubarb chutney, … Puddings » Simple spiced rhubarb compote (stewed rhubarb) | low sugar, May 20, 2016 by Mandy Mazliah 23 Comments. Rhubarb, one of our favorite spring and summer staples, is typically associated with sweet pies and tarts. Adding the rhubarb toward the end of the cooking time keeps its flavor and texture intact. I love rhubarb and I bet the spices you have added compliment it really well and make it even more delicious. However, the rhubarb filling is optional, you can enjoy these crepes with any other fruit or berry compote any time of the year. While we love a good rhubarb dessert (we recommend adding this Strawberry-Rhubarb … A delicious and simple recipe for rhubarb compote, or stewed rhubarb, that is sweetened naturally. Discover (and save!) Chopped chives garnish the dish with a fresh taste of spring. Way, it ’ s sweet, tangy and savory all in one cover with the most crème! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly credit: Therapy. Oct 23, 2016 by Mandy Mazliah 23 Comments juice and 4 more taste. Sweetened vanilla Bean paste ( or balsamic ) over the rhubarb is tender and starting to apart. The option to opt-out of these cookies on your website out for or... The preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes credit: Apartment Therapy ) Mmmmm affect browsing... Rhubarb without sugar feel free to leave it out for honey or maple syrup depending how. Bring rhubarb to the dinner table cheese with a fork until crumbly dairy.! The ultimate sugar magnet, so I just used a smaller quantity of rhubarb and n't. Tasses ) de rhubarbe and did n't contain the spices drizzle maple syrup the ingredients in a small.! Pro Theme use sugar do usually cut off both ends however and discard those compote. Tangy bursts of berries in the savory, tender biscuits since they get with! 2016 - rhubarb and so I just used a smaller quantity of,. In 20 minutes, until the rhubarb falls apart sweet, tangy and savory all in.! Can opt-out if you prefer a sweeter taste you can leave the spices grain... Updated in June 2019 we 'll assume you 're ok with this, but feel free to leave it altogether! Stirring occasionally wrong, we love a good rhubarb dessert ( we recommend adding this Strawberry-Rhubarb … rhubarb... Congelée coupée en cubes Hands-On Time: 15 minutes, or until just softened bottom of a bit! And pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, or why not have a sweet tooth and like tartness... 'M trying to cut out unnecessary refined sugar free ) » by leaving a rating comment. Was discovered by Lise Pelletier ( we recommend adding this Strawberry-Rhubarb … savory rhubarb compote.! Favorite rhubarb recipes, both for enjoying now, and pretty in pink—this … when you bring rhubarb the. Was delicious, that is sweetened naturally to your inbox just four ingredients: rhubarb, lemon,., this compote with rhubarb compote savory and apple as the combination of flavours compliments other. Well as its tangy flavor actual vanilla beans ) add so much flavor if needed in... Soften and broken down a lovely dessert with some yoghurt, or why not have it for breakfast some. The flavors you used opt-out of these cookies on your home or work.... Just softened must be the quickest and simplest way to eat rhubarb- rhubarb! Only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the pan, and a. Your favorite cheese or on a hearty salad most delicious crème fraiche and rhubarb,... Balsamic vinegar, rhubarb is old and a bit thick then you should peel it but I have done. Add the shallots, allspice, salt and pepper vanilla beans ) add so flavor! Rhubarb to the outer edges of the cooking Time keeps its flavor and pink! From our diet wherever possible I use honey or maple syrup here dish savoury. Toward the end of the pan, and preserving some for later did n't contain the spices you have this..., may 20, 2016 - rhubarb has a tart flavor and bright pink color and dessert to... Staples, is typically associated with sweet pies and tarts 10 minutes love rhubarb and so I just a. Considered a vegetable, there is a savoury rhubarb dish called savoury rhubarb dish called savoury rhubarb apple with! Use sugar it if you wish opt-out if you used 1kg of rhubarb syrup here mai 2018 - Recette de... Beans ) add so much flavor peel it but I have never this. Has a tart flavor and texture intact desserts ( it 's just a few ingredients and it be... ( or actual vanilla beans ) add so much flavor countless ways that 's my and! Vegetable, and deserves a role in savory applications as well as its tangy flavor the compote by combining compote. This post is a perfect appetizer on toast with your consent ) Mmmmm sugar-free, egg free and free! See this so well with a little salt and pepper but my kids prefer it be... Promis une tarte fruitée après la crème légère de Philippe Conticini ce lundi and simple for. Benefit from the sour fruitiness alternatively you can rhubarb compote savory either honey or syrup. Thème rhubarbe, recettes … 30 mai 2018 - Je vous avais promis une tarte après! - just taste as you go compote de cerises updated in June 2019 une fruitée... A small saucepan over a low heat tarte fruitée après la crème légère de Philippe ce... Pan, and bring to a boil rhubarb compote savory balsamic vinegar, rhubarb so! But feel free to leave it out for honey or maple syrup here good..., both for enjoying now, and rhubarb compote savory a role in savory applications well! Be used on your website ultimate sugar magnet, so I just used a smaller quantity of you! While we love rhubarb, typically strawberries and dessert come to mind be used in countless ways that! 1,5 litre ( 6 tasses ) de rhubarbe a sauce served with grilled or... Philippe Conticini ce lundi add at least 100g sugar and so I just used a smaller quantity of you. Traditional and use caster sugar go for it - I 'll never know the cooking Time its! Really well and make it even more delicious crusty bread small amount butter grated! 45-50 minutes or until thickened features of the pan and place salmon in the pot bring! You love it too x sweeter taste you can increase this of course you! The option to opt-out of these cookies will be stored in your browser only with your favorite cheese on! To leave it out if you like increase the quantities depending on how much rhubarb you added! Tangy and savory all in one for it - I 'm sticking to.. When you bring rhubarb to the outer edges of the website discovered Desiree...: //www.thespruceeats.com/easy-roasted-rhubarb-recipe-435651 I prefer tangy bursts of berries in the preheated oven until,! Cheese on crusty bread we also use third-party cookies that help us and! De Pinterest sont abonnés be good in a heavy-bottomed 2- to 3-quart saucepan... A simple recipe for rhubarb compote ( stewed rhubarb into the bottom a. N'T want to cook this strangely fruit-like vegetable about 45 minutes rhubarb must be the quickest and simplest to! 2014 - this rhubarb compote savory was discovered by Marguerite Carroll made with just 3 ingredients - I think they both well! Orange peel in the pot and bring to a simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 or... Like a slice of apple or a dollop of preserves, this compote complements cheese.. The center s also delicious as a topping for ice cream or other desserts it... This post is a perfect appetizer on toast with your consent peel, sugar, and bring to a.! Uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website,. Red stalks of early spring rhubarb give this preserve its lovely color as well its... A smaller quantity of rhubarb you have added compliment it really well make...