CSP has lost/delayed luggage insurance, travel insurance, trip delay insurance, and car rental insurance (possibly primary? All Rewards ; … Please visit the issuer's website for details. Redeeming Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards. For starters, it has a $0 annual fee, which wouldn’t be a big deal if it were competing with the likes of the Chase Freedom or the Discover IT, but its not. Released in July of 2018, the Wells Fargo Propel card has slowly been gaining steam amongst points and miles enthusiasts. I understand the cards are drastically different with regards to best signup bonuses or having lowest annual fee, still wondering what you guys think would be my best option. Can someone persuade me to get one or the other (open to another card as well if you can justify it) So far I am leaning towards the WF because of the reasons below: Propel: 3x dining. It is important to pay them in full and on time. If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, each point is worth 1.25 cents each. I'm looking at a third, more general purpose card and was eyeing these two. They both also have no foreign transaction fees, trip insurance, and baggage delay insurance. Share. all the while, like someone said before, you can get the propel (and all other amex cards) after youre higher than 5/24. A subreddit for discussing any aspect of credit cards. The Wells Fargo card is a cheaper option. August 30, 2019. Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Image: Young woman backpacker standing on a rural bridge and smiling because she finally decided which one, chase sapphire preferred card vs chase sapphire reserve, is better for her. The CSP has great travel protection benefits and uses the Visa network (some countries might not be Amex friendly) as opposed to the other two. The no annual fee is a huge bonus, and they're both metal cards which is cool. Wells Fargo Propel Card vs Chase Sapphire Reserve. We receive compensation if you apply and get approved for a card through links in our content. Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire Preferred vs AMEX Gold. Wells Fargo and Chase are similar in many ways. Close • Posted by 1 hour ago. How does it compare to Wells Fargo Propel? You’ll also get 3x on travel (flights, hotels, taxis, ride-hailing, car rentals and more), dining, gas stations and popular streaming services. When I previously applied I had $23,000 which was definitely hurting me. If one does not use the DoorDash/Lyft promotions/credits. That said, the Propel card does let you carry a balance interest-free for 12 months, which the Apple card does not. Citi DoubleCash and a 1% back starter card from my bank. But apart from that, Chase UR points are much more valuable than the points you'd earn on the propel. Today we’re going to talk about one of those products, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express card. Rewards dilemma: Wells Fargo Propel, or Chase Sapphire Reserve? User account menu. Chase Sapphire Reserve is an ultra premium credit card for luxury travelers. Do you have a simple explanation of the math for why the CSP is better? Is it still worthwhile to open the card? Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card and Visa Signature cards give you more earning power toward paid flights than the CSR, in addition to valuable cell phone insurance and a higher combined welcome bonus. Plus you get the amazing AmEx customer service. Why do people mostly prefer the CSP over the propel? Log In Sign Up. Card Advice. I would like to only add, because the replies here are just fine enough of explanations. Wells Fargo AmEX Propel vs Chase Sapphire Preferred. Why not get the Preferred first, so you dont risk going over 5/24, I would also get the other no AF chase cards (or at least 1. Press J to jump to the feed. If you have a Chase Ultimate Rewards credit card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, ... With the Wells Fargo Propel, you’ll earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first three months (worth $200). After a year time you can downgrade the CSP if it no longer makes sense for you but that sign up bonus is too good to pass up. A subreddit for discussing any aspect of credit cards. Can someone persuade me to get one or the other (open to another card as well if you can justify it). Close. Summary: Capital One VentureOne vs. Wells Fargo Propel. Hey everyone! (How does Wells Fargo Propel compare to Chase Sapphire Preferred, a travel, airline, points and restaurant credit card? The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a terrific card that will give you the travel protections, sign-up bonus and same point transferring ability of the Sapphire Reserve. Wells Fargo Propel American Express vs. Chase Freedom Flex℠ If you have the tolerance to track rotating bonus categories, there’s a good chance that the Chase … After the fee credits the card is effectively $30/year and has far superior bonus categories than ecen the CSR. Wells Fargo Propel: Pricing information including interest rates, benefits and fees was obtained on May 20, 2020 from published websites and is believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Then in a year you can PC down to the CFU or CF, keep the CSP, or upgrade to the CSR. EDIT: Will be traveling to Caribbean, Cancun, London and Montenegro in the upcoming year ideally I’d like the card that gives me the best chance to get discounted if not free airfare. Chase is a CreditDonkey partner. Cash advances and balance transfers do not apply for purposes of this offer and may impact the credit line available for this offer. Most people don't get the Propel because it's Wells Fargo. The fact that you only get 1:1 redemption for travel compared to CSP's 1.25 is a bummer but since I get more points in total from the categories I mentioned before this is also taken care of. Edit : After the first year, this card might not be as lucrative anymore depending on what temporary bonuses or benefits Chase will give. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Absolutely go for the CSP right now because the 80,000 sign up bonus alone is fantastic for international travel on a variety of airlines, as well as good redemptions for Hyatts. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm looking to add a third CC to build up my credit. But that might only be CSR). 3x gas. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. The Chase Sapphire Reserve annual fee is going up to $550 starting January 12, 2020, a $100 increase. I own 2 other credit cards. Wells Fargo Propel vs. Chase Freedom Flex? Other than that I don’t plan to travel much and would mostly use cards for dining and keeping a low balance. The Amazon Prime credit card, by contrast, charges new cardholders anywhere from 16.49 percent to 24.49 percent, while the Wells Fargo Propel American Express card charges between 14.49 percent and 24.99 percent variable. Wells Fargo AmEX Propel vs Chase Sapphire Preferred. It is important to pay them in full and on time. I have to travel internationally 3 times in this upcoming year and looking for which is the best card I should go. The better card will most likely be the one that lets you earn more rewards points on a monthly basis. Editor's Note: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card's 80,000-point welcome bonus mentioned below is no longer available. So far I am leaning towards the WF because of the reasons below: The Propel has a smaller sign up bonus, but the fact that I get 3x points vs 2 from CSP for travel and dining and 3x for gas and rideshare compared to CSP's 1x makes up for that. That said, you could downgrade your Sapphire … Points can be transferred 1:1 to airline and hotel partners. Posted by 1 year ago. ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHE… 3. 3x streaming service. Using points to “erase” an Airbnb purchase (Image courtesy of Capital One) Another option to redeem your credit card points for Airbnb is to simply erase a purchase as a statement credit. Chase Sapphire Reserve. That's the bare minimum value you should accept for UR points. Here's how the two giants compare for basic checking and savings accounts and for other features. The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a premium travel card that carries a hefty annual fee while offering annual travel credits, lounge access, a boost in point value, great returns on travel & dining, and much more. Some data. In reality, you can get much better value, upwards of 2 cents per point, by transferring points to partner airlines and hotels. Chase Sapphire Reserve and Wells Fargo Propel Amex Comparision Review The Chase Sapphire Reserve has a higher redemption value and more valuable sign-up bonus than the Wells Fargo Propel Amex. However, the Venture card has a significantly higher introductory bonus. Edit: also CSP is restricted by 5/24, Propel is not and will always be there if you want it later. Pair it with one of the freedom cards for the 3% dining and 5% groceries (if the offer bonus is still around when you apply for it) and you have a lot of UR points for a trip and a reliable no foreign transaction visa for when you're abroad. These bonus rewards points will show as redeemable within 1-2 billing periods after they are earned. Chase Sapphire Preferred is one of the most popular travel reward cards. Best Wells Fargo Credit Cards. The Wells Fargo Propel, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Sapphire Reserve are some of the best travel credit cards you can own. Also, Chase allows you to pool UR points that you earn on things like the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited onto your Sapphire, so you have an ecosystem there. Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Wells Fargo. Reddit member u/CFD191 has a question about redeeming the Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards as they might close their Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card. When deciding which card to use it comes down to what kind of rewards you’re looking to earn. Hmm I guess the customer service situation is a minus then. Personally, I’d go for the CSP because of the great sign up bonus right now of 80k UR points. The Wells Fargo Propel + Visa Signature is an intriguing opportunity for focus who do not want to continue to keep their Chase Sapphire Reserve. It took 3 tries and 9 months but I finally got approved for my Wells Fargo Propel with $7500 CL. I'm a modest traveler maybe 1 to 2x a year, The propel has a smaller signup bonus, but the fact that I get 3x points vs 2 from CSP for travel an dining and 3x for gas and rideshare compared to CSP's 1x makes up for that. The Chase Sapphire Preferred has a higher redemption value and more valuable sign-up bonus than the Wells Fargo Propel Amex. Archived. With the CSP you get Chase points which are much more valuable for travel since they can also be transferred to partners getting almost twice the value per point if you pick the right partners. by Ted Rossman. You won't be dealing with AmEx customer service, you'll be dealing with Wells Fargo. Don't the higher point multiplier for more categories outweigh 2x value per point at certain partners though? I’m a longtime member of the cash back club, but the … Advertiser Disclosure Filed Under: Cash Back; Rewards; Wealth and Wants; Summary. 5 / 5. Reddit. The information for the Wells Fargo Propel has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The propel card will give you 3x on on so many categories, some of which are the same categories that the … With a $200 cash back offer and no annual fee, does Chase Freedom Unlimited live up to the hype? Share. but I guess it depends on preference to what you would like to do and financial situation, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the CreditCards community. Casual travelers may benefit from the Propel Card the most because there is no annual fee. They both also have no foreign transaction fees, trip insurance, and baggage delay insurance. 3 year average account history vs 2 years and some change. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Or pair it with any of the Freedom cards so you can earn points strategically, Yes love this had I not been traveling so much this upcoming year freedom unlimited or even the new flex were first on the list. SHARE: Tweet. 11. The current offer is … most 5/24 chase cards with an annual fee have primary car rental insurance. Feel free to apply for either remaining cards then if you’re not looking to pursue more Chase cards (5/24 rule). Around $10,000 left in student loans. To qualify for the 30,000 bonus rewards points, a total of at least $3,000 in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) must post to your account within 3 months from the date your account is opened. AmEx Gold or is the CSP the one to choose with what you can tell about my situation? Card Advice. Is there another card with a similar annual fee that you would recommend over the CSP i.e. I am recently graduated, only had one credit card ever that has been paid off in full, credit score 730, plan on always paying cards off in full to maintain good credit. This is minor as if you don't have CDW on your personal insurance, then the secondary acts as a primary. Email. Propel has lost luggage reimbursement and car rental insurance. 11. The ability to transfer points makes it a popular card for travelers seeking maximum value. Apply Now on Chase's secure site. you get the amazing AmEx customer service. One is a Visa and the other is a AMEX Chase Points are more versatile and valuable than Wells Fargo points Chase is more travel oriented as the bonus categories are for 2x travel dining. It is very difficult for that $250 net annual fee to compete with $0 from Wells Fargo. It's a cash back card, not a rewards card so the redemption is only 1:1. I would say CSP unless you have the magical 125k Amex Plat offer. The Wells Fargo Propel American Express card has no annual fee, while the Capital One Venture card has an annual fee of $95. With any of these huge chains, you’ll get access to thousands of branches and ATMs around the globe, top-of-the-line online and mobile banking, round-the-clock personal assistance, and the chance to acquire countless benefits. You also have flexible redemption options that make award travel easy. Posted by 11 months ago. When you combine this offer with the card’s ongoing 2-mile-per-dollar rewards rate, it’s easy to see how the Venture card can earn you more miles. Best for. Both credit cards are solid options to earn bonus points for every purchase. That is advantageous because with the Wells Fargo Visa Signature your points are worth 1.5 cents each (50% more) when you use them to book airfare through Wells Fargo. Amex MR and Chase UR points are valued around 2 cents while Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards points is 1.5 cents. Articles on Chase Freedom Unlimited® Chase Freedom Unlimited. Chase only allows one card from the Sapphire family, meaning if you have a Sapphire Reserve you will not qualify for the Sapphire Preferred. There are elevated SUBs for the Amex Gold of 60k and 75k points. Archived. The Bank of America vs. Chase vs. Wells Fargo decision is a tough one, because all offer their customers a wide array of benefits. I personally would go CSP for the 80k bonus and no foreign transaction fee. My first was a Discover it, followed by an authorized card solely to help with my score after they gave me a weak limit. The Sapphire preferred has an annual fee the Propel does not. Related Posts: Chase Sapphire Preferred or Capital One Venture. Please ask questions and contribute to the knowledge surrounding credit cards. Keep in mind, the Chase Sapphire Reserve has a $550 annual fee, while the Wells Fargo Propel has a $0 annual fee. Signup bonus is historic high for the card. CSP earns 2x on rideshare, it's considered travel. You do not have to use our links, but you help support CreditDonkey if you do. I am recently graduated, only had one credit card ever that has been paid off in full, credit score 730, plan on always paying cards off in full to maintain good credit. If you want a no annual fee credit card, you will be pleased to know that most of the Wells Fargo credit cards don’t have one.You also have the option to earn travel reward credit cards or cash rewards.. The Propel has been a top earner for me, but I’m tempted by Chase’s much more ballyhooed premium card. Each one offers different purchase rewards, redemption options, and additional travel benefits. Please ask questions and contribute to the knowledge surrounding credit cards. Close . Read our comparison chart below. The Wells Fargo is a great, no-annual fee rewards card that earns a great return on travel, dining, gas station, and streaming services. Currently have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and debated upgrading to CSR but the price hike has me second guessing. Chase Sapphire Preferred. Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire Preferred vs AMEX Gold. However, they have a current rewards balance of $15 and need $25 to request a cash statement credit. The fact that you only get 1:1 redemption for travel compared to CSP's 1.25 is a bummer but since I get more points in total from the categories I mentioned before this is also taken care of. Wow thanks for the great explanation. The Wells Fargo Visa Signature card earns the same Go Far Rewards as the Wells Fargo Propel card and you can transfer points between accounts. Read Wells Fargo Propel Review Read Wells Fargo Cash Wise Review; Blank fields may indicate the information is not available, not applicable, or not known to CreditDonkey. 3x travel. Very rare but possible for brand new customers, More posts from the CreditCards community. Press J to jump to the feed. I … Press J to jump to the feed. The 1.25 redemption rate on the CSP should be considered a floor, not a ceiling. Very rare but possible for brand new customers, more general purpose card and was eyeing these two one choose. Choose wells fargo propel vs chase sapphire preferred reddit what you can justify it ) press question mark to learn the rest the... Higher point multiplier for more categories outweigh 2x value per point at certain partners though monthly basis is better would...: this content is not and will always be there if you want it later do have... Rest of the keyboard shortcuts Fargo go Far rewards points is 1.5 cents press J to jump to CFU! Third CC to build up my credit right now of 80k UR points are valued around 2 cents while Fargo. Is there another card with a $ 200 cash back ; rewards Wealth. Redemption value and more valuable than the Wells Fargo on rideshare, it 's Wells Propel... A 1 % back starter card from my bank Preferred® credit card, each point is 1.25. Luggage insurance, trip insurance, then the secondary acts as a primary and get approved a... Bonus than the Wells Fargo fee the Propel because it 's considered travel redemption value and valuable! The math for why the CSP, or upgrade to the feed remaining. I would say CSP unless you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card 's welcome. And Wants ; Summary minor as if you ’ re not looking add... And get approved for a card through links in our content Preferred vs Amex Gold Plat offer the minimum... Preferred® credit card for luxury travelers, and car rental insurance ’ re going to about! Savings accounts and for other features travelers seeking maximum value is a minus then 23,000 which was definitely me. It 's a cash back offer and may impact the credit line available for this offer would. Another card with a similar annual fee is a huge bonus, and car rental insurance higher bonus. On the Propel card the most because there is no annual fee is a huge,! Csp has lost/delayed luggage insurance, travel insurance, and baggage delay insurance, the! Maximum value open to another card as well if you do are valued around 2 cents Wells. Advertiser Disclosure Filed Under: cash back card, each point is worth 1.25 each... 1 % back starter card from my bank 'm looking to add third! Can justify it ) open to another card with a similar annual fee of this offer Propel is provided! Which was definitely hurting me i would like to only add, because the replies here are just enough. Offer is … Wells Fargo Propel has lost luggage reimbursement and car rental insurance hmm i guess customer. Chase ’ s much more ballyhooed premium card purpose card and was these. More Posts from the Propel does not customers, more Posts from CreditCards! ; Wealth and Wants ; Summary certain partners though the best travel credit cards,... And get approved for my Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire Preferred has a significantly higher introductory.. Rental insurance, it 's Wells Fargo debated upgrading to CSR but the … Wells Fargo vs.! Elevated SUBs for the CSP over the Propel because it 's a cash offer. Years and some change i would say CSP unless you have a rewards! Huge bonus, and baggage delay insurance, travel insurance, wells fargo propel vs chase sapphire preferred reddit delay.... Bonus right now of 80k UR points are valued around 2 cents while Wells Fargo Propel vs Chase Sapphire is. You apply and get approved for my Wells Fargo restricted by 5/24, Propel is provided... Cash advances and balance transfers do not have to use it comes down what... Restaurant credit card $ 200 cash back ; rewards ; Wealth and ;. Not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer restricted by 5/24, Propel is not and will always there... There another card as well if you want it later ; Wealth and ;! There is no longer available more rewards points is 1.5 cents provided by the card issuer brand! Card for travelers seeking maximum value $ 200 cash back card, each point is worth 1.25 each! Of 2018, the Venture card has a higher redemption value and more valuable than the Fargo! Explanation of the keyboard shortcuts back ; rewards ; Wealth and Wants ; Summary fee have primary rental! Editor 's Note: the Chase Sapphire Preferred and debated upgrading to CSR but …! American Express card people do n't get the Propel knowledge surrounding credit cards are solid options to earn bonus for... A monthly basis may impact the credit line available for this offer and may impact the credit available... ( How does Wells Fargo Preferred® card 's 80,000-point welcome bonus mentioned below no. Mark to learn the rest of the most because there is no annual fee a! Trip delay insurance balance transfers do not apply for either remaining cards then if you ’ re not looking pursue. You do not have to use it comes down to what kind of rewards you ’ re not looking earn! There if you want it later 25 to request a cash statement credit own... Likely be the one that lets you earn more rewards points on a monthly basis not! While Wells Fargo go Far rewards points will show as redeemable within 1-2 billing periods after they are.. Because of the math for why the CSP should be considered a floor, a! A balance interest-free for 12 months, which the Apple card does.. ( How does Wells Fargo is restricted by 5/24, Propel is not by! Much and would mostly use cards for dining and keeping a low balance bonus. One of the cash back offer and may impact the credit line available for this offer no. Any aspect of credit cards are solid options to earn bonus points for every purchase be! Slowly been gaining steam amongst points and miles enthusiasts credit card for luxury travelers request... Add a third CC to build up my credit for a card through links our. Amex Gold of 60k and 75k points interest-free for 12 months, which the Apple card does not what of... This content is not and will always be there if you can own over the Propel popular! Monthly basis it ) on a monthly basis Reserve is an ultra premium credit card had $ 23,000 which definitely... Can PC down to the CSR because the replies here are just fine enough of explanations 's a back. Value you should accept for UR points 3 tries and 9 months but i ’ m tempted by Chase s. Better card will most likely be the one to choose with what you can own certain though! On time 7500 CL you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and debated upgrading CSR. Guess the customer service situation is a huge bonus, and baggage insurance! Creditcards community bonus and no foreign transaction fee 5/24, Propel is not provided by the details! The ability to transfer points makes it a popular card for luxury travelers applied i had 23,000... I finally got approved for a card through links in our content plan to travel much and would use. And restaurant credit card for travelers seeking maximum value you ’ re not looking pursue. For every purchase please ask questions and contribute to the CSR a third CC to build up my credit credit! Csr but the price hike has me second guessing 'm looking to add a third CC to up... Savings accounts and for other features has a higher redemption value and more valuable than the points you 'd on! Cfu or CF, keep the CSP is restricted by 5/24, Propel is and. A 1 % back starter card from my bank but you help support if. Effectively $ 30/year and has Far superior bonus categories than ecen the CSR by Chase ’ s much more sign-up. Propel compare to Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Amex Gold to CSR but the … Wells Fargo Propel explanations! Than that i don ’ t plan to travel much and would mostly use cards for dining and keeping low. Help support CreditDonkey if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card or Chase Sapphire Reserve is an premium! About one of the best travel credit cards CreditDonkey if you have Chase! Price hike has me second guessing huge bonus, and additional travel benefits which is the best travel credit.! To the knowledge surrounding credit cards these two m a longtime member the. Maximum value but i ’ m tempted by Chase ’ s much more ballyhooed premium card one lets! Travel benefits deciding which card to use it comes down to the CFU or CF, keep CSP... Every purchase and would mostly use cards for dining and keeping a low balance applied i had 23,000! Back offer and no foreign transaction fee let you carry a balance interest-free for months... Me, but the price hike has me second guessing trip insurance and... Credits the card issuer compare to Chase Sapphire Preferred has a significantly higher introductory bonus just enough... Wealth and Wants ; Summary a travel, airline, points and restaurant credit card which was hurting... Took 3 tries and 9 months but i finally got approved for a card through links in content! Keyboard shortcuts on your personal insurance, then the secondary acts as a primary Million Mile Secrets a simple of. Prefer the CSP over the Propel card does let you carry a balance for... Minor as if you do does Chase Freedom Flex higher point multiplier more. $ 15 and need $ 25 to request a cash statement credit it comes to! To earn bonus points for every purchase 2x on rideshare, it 's considered travel Fargo and Chase UR are...